Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Turin Turambar posted:

uh, is the update still not up in PC? Weird, given pc is more agile for patching, there is no cert and the own one of the delivery systems (gog).

Something tells me the console ports might be a bigger priority right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do Tech weapons only give you skill exp in Engineering or do they give both Engineering and their weapon skill tree?

metasynthetic posted:

Would there be any interest in a hacking guide? I'm at endgame for hacking and think I could probably put something together of value, especially for avoiding what I think are trap perks.

Yeah this would be really appreciated. Lots of perks that look like they might be traps but it's impossible to say for sure until you've tested them. I wish respecs weren't so expensive...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I can't say there's much concern over build strategy in the game right now as in the last ~20 hours my health regenerated faster than the AI could put bullets into it and even my katana's light attacks were critting for like 10,000 damage lmao.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Something tells me the console ports might be a bigger priority right now.

I know, but most of the fixes (quest bug fixes) are common to all! :/

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

If I was a multi million dollar crime syndicate. I would just not stack all my facilities with corpse disposal boxes.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

veni veni veni posted:

What is even the point in buying any cars after buying the not the Akira bike?

Their interiors

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rinkles posted:

Their interiors

You drive in 1st person?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

RatHat posted:

You drive in 1st person?

I always drive in 3rd person but it kills the framerate by at least 20fps in the city. Among all the performance problems this game has it's probably the one thing that annoys me the most.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

When I'm sightseeing, a lot of the time yeah

Rinkles posted:

i love the city! a lot of the time i'll just go for a ride with no destination in mind.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
So uh is the patch itself broken on the PlayStation version? I’m hearing about even more crashes and I don’t want to bother booting it up if it’s going to be even less annoying playable or corrupt my save

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Aidan_702 posted:

So uh is the patch itself broken on the PlayStation version? I’m hearing about even more crashes and I don’t want to bother booting it up if it’s going to be even less annoying playable or corrupt my save

anecdotally from this thread, crash frequency was all over the place for different people, even before the patch. and that appears true with 1.05 as well. so who knows.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Yo, some of the Cyberpsycho background stories are sick.
Even though most of them - like this one as well - clearly are "both sides" stories.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

How to change your hairstyle mid-game:

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/291

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

BrianWilly posted:

Sux that you can't actually wear most of the stuff that NPCs are wearing in this game.
Plenty of people are bitching about it on various forums, I suppose/hope CDPR is gonna pick up on it. Shouldn't be much work to expand the player's options, since the models are already in-game. There's not enough bottom pieces in my opinion. I'm more so convinced, because certain tops do have matching bottom pieces I keep seeing on NPCs, but can't be bought. Also, give me those PVC shirts and skirts and boots.

It's probably just about writing some dumb item descriptions. Thumbnails are probably autogenerated, considering the glasses lack the lens in them.

And they should enable further layering of things. Apparently their system copes well with it, that is if you try to trick it by trying to change items very fast in the inventory screen. Things do apparently layer properly if you try. Doesn't transfer out of the inventory screen tho.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

To change a bit the pace from all the doomposting, I have to take my hat off to CDPR artists. As I've said before the city is great. In scope, density, details, atmosphere... but now I wanted give attention to the variety between districts. Watson that feels like home, with an interesting mix of smaller rundown buildings, narrow streets, small markets and on the other hand megabuildings and more eclectic architecture with bold lines, with a bit of Hong Kong flavor on top if. Japantown is all decadence and pure cyberpunk, Charter Hill is snobbery avenue, Arroyo's impoverished lifestyle impressed me, while Rancho Colorado got the poor suburb area perfectly. Pacifica is a mix of abandoned warzone and homeless city, and Corp Center makes sure to smack the player with its grandeur and how you are a little thing in comparison with the all mighty corps.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

This would have been helpful because the game seemed to think my V was bald for the entire runtime minus the epilogue.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

exquisite tea posted:

This would have been helpful because the game seemed to think my V was bald for the entire runtime minus the epilogue.

I thought that was a hat issue with mirrors?

This doesn't work if the character was created bald, however.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I wish you could change your eyes, I went with a relatively normal set because I thought you'd be able to change them later what with the ripperdocs literally removing them to put in new ones

My guy has turned in to some kind of super robo nark that just sprints around slaughtering any criminals he comes across and I want him to have the crazy glowing red terminator eyes now

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I went more modest as well because of the same expectation. I thought we'd even be able to chrome ourselves.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Dragonstoned posted:

Is there a way to remap putting your weapon away? I'm sick to death of double tapping the button only for it to cycle to the next weapon. I just want to hold R to put them away like every other game jfc...

I downloaded something that let me switch F to E and change the stupid double tap dodge but I can't really find anything relating to holstering in the .xml

Yes there is. Cyberpunk2077/r6/config/inputContexts

Easiest thing to do without loving anything up is just swap put away with weapon wheel.

So you want to swap this:

<!-- Script only gives 0.25 seconds to read this so tighter tap requiremets -->
<multitap action="HolsterUnholster" count="2" uptime="0.125" downtime="0.125" />

with:

<hold action="WeaponWheel" timeout="0.3" />

So it looks like

<!-- Script only gives 0.25 seconds to read this so tighter tap requiremets -->
<multitap action="WeaponWheel" count="2" uptime="0.125" downtime="0.125" />

<hold action="HolsterUnholster" timeout="0.3" />

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Dec 19, 2020

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Dragonstoned posted:

I wish you could change your eyes, I went with a relatively normal set because I thought you'd be able to change them later what with the ripperdocs literally removing them to put in new ones

My guy has turned in to some kind of super robo nark that just sprints around slaughtering any criminals he comes across and I want him to have the crazy glowing red terminator eyes now

That reminds me, I thought we would have a unique ripper sequence the first time you put an implant in your body ( of that type,like legs or arms). But no, the sequence shown of the first trailer was literally all that exists.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The cyberware implanation procedure should play out exactly like that conveyer belt scene in Quake 2 where they crudely chop off your legs with a giant rusty saw before attaching new metal ones.

Hope the console version(s) get fixed, sure is happy over here in PC land where I've only seen minor bugs (ie the bald in mirror thing) and no crashes since day 1.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Dec 19, 2020

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Turin Turambar posted:

That reminds me, I thought we would have a unique ripper sequence the first time you put an implant in your body ( of that type,like legs or arms). But no, the sequence shown of the first trailer was literally all that exists.

Theres alot of things missing from original trailers to be honest was hoping being a hackerman would let me make Agent 47 enviroment traps to accidently kill enemys.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Artelier posted:

The Sinnerman quest chain is...something.

You mean you didn't just run up to the guy you were asked to kill and one-shot him through the car window?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

was there supposed to be a different ending to the quest where you go upstairs after getting a laptop in the server room, and there's a guy sitting in a chair, and he walks out side to go get something?

He sounded kind of skeevy so I shot him in the back and then one of the female fixers complained that I didn't end it more diplomatically.

He sounded like he was going to shoot me.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

VoLaTiLe posted:

Theres alot of things missing from original trailers to be honest was hoping being a hackerman would let me make Agent 47 enviroment traps to accidently kill enemys.

Oh yeah, that too. You can overload some devices, but it seems pretty hard to kill people with that.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Why sabotage smith machines when you can straight up compel people to suicide, seems like yall are playing home alone when you could be playing deer hunter

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Pigbottom posted:

I'm having a good time with geforce now too. My only complaint is that I would like to have a way to see the real fps so that I could do a better job with graphical settings.

Yeah same. Apparently if you have the steam version you can use the steam overlay. I have it on gog though so welp

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Got that wonderful settings bug (need a restart to exit)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
yesterday i got a chance to play again and made it to the title card.

that sequence was fuckin amazing and the heist was pretty great although it was obvious they had to scrap a lot of possibilities for it. When the drones chased you in the delamain i felt like a fuckin operator pro tier taking them down with zero damage in like 30 seconds, way better than the nomad intro chase. I'm starting to think that I should just put the pistols in storage lol, because those arasaka smgs and rifles are somehow easier for me to land headshots on. Now that i think about it i mostly used a shotgun for the chase when Jackie was driving and did a lot better there, too.

The part where you start to meet 5 aces was loving crazy and the way they handled the UI colors and even the whole way it went down was really cool.

It felt 2020 as gently caress playing as Silverhand. It was pretty neat how it felt like playing a max level character but in such an old timeframe that you had to have a deck, couldn't do poo poo like V easily could do, etc. I did NOT expect V & Johnny's situation to turn out the way it did, and i genuinely had a hard time figuring out who i was actually playing as for some parts. Unless the UI color switching was some form of bug.

That took me off guard hardcore and going through that made me feel weird like how getting cybersurgery the first time was really well done, and how getting soulkilled irl by braindance was really weird and cool and well done.

The chase sequence after the title card was super frustrating and I couldn't aim for poo poo, but it was cool. Probably with more chase sequences it should feel like you absolutely can fail and get killed, but I'm not getting that vibe tbh.

It's mind boggling to me how loving incredible this game could have been, it really has that seed in it of something groundbreaking imo. The story so far seems pretty well done and obviously the execution was damaged by crunch, just like the whole feel you get walking around the city feels awesome until it glitches out. And it was completely hosed by management, too bad the devs can't just break in and change the locks in CDPR plaza and assume control of the company, lol. Perhaps you know tool with the elevator some :thermidor:.

Other than the structural problems with the game itself, the relationship between the game and the company and its representation of cops and trans people is kinda weird and bad. I feel like it's pretty much:

but the thing with this is you absolutely need to not botch the shots. There are always going to be morons cool-futuring whatever you put up, but if you gently caress up the writing and execution it suddenly becomes much more murky if you're trying to pull a Verhoeven or a Heinlein or what. If you can't land those arcing shots reliably everyone's going to end up taking it at face value and will love the edgy shittyness of the world or hate it and be disgusted.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

I can't say there's much concern over build strategy in the game right now as in the last ~20 hours my health regenerated faster than the AI could put bullets into it and even my katana's light attacks were critting for like 10,000 damage lmao.

People need to understand that the point of everything in this game is to be OP. You can spec into blades/guns/fists/hacking/stealth and everything is equally OP Godmode because that’s what the devs wanted.

The one goon with like 10 posts about how to make hacking less good or less effective or less fun is like completely missing the point.

Being able to wipe out an entire NCPD crime base from across the street by hacking the cameras and giving everyone a case of the flaming, electric shits is the point of the hacking system. Everything else in the game needs to be that OP or else everyone would just gravitate towards the most OP thing.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

BULBASAUR posted:

in eastern europe we celebrate Christmas in January!

If you are in an Orthodox country sure. But Poland is very much catholic and not stuck on the Julian calendar. (Same goes for Hungary where some part of the CDPR team is.)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
one thing that's weird is i somehow feel weaker after getting into act 2. Before I never really got murderized and now I need to be a lot more careful. I need to up my HP or something. The first boxing match completely wrecked my poo poo, even though I had repeatedly dominated what felt like was going to be hard fights.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
After the rest of the city opens up you can end up in a much higher level area and the game takes absolutely zero preventative measures against this. If you keep questing in like Watson and Arroya you’ll be fine, but the rest of the city has higher level goons

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Maybe it's just me but I have a real hard time imagining anybody seeing this as a 'cool' future. Fascinating? Yes? But cool? How? Almost everything about it is dirty, lovely and awful.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
So regarding the Netwatch thing: I made a deal with the agent, he switched malwares, but shot him. Does that make a difference compared to let him live?

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
I wish some of these attribute/skill trees were broken up differently, or that there were a few more attribute points to go around. Every build I dream up needs about one attribute too many; there's always a limiting factor that seems a bit too restrictive.

You want crafting that holds up in the late game? Boom, there's 20 attribute points gone, in a system where you'll only max maaaaybe two attributes over the course of the game.

Want to be a gunless katana-and-quickhack wielder? Max out Reflex and Intelligence for those primary perks, but then you'll have to tell crafting to eat a bag of dicks, and if you had a stealthy version of this character in mind, good luck also finding enough points to pump into Cool. Also you'd probably want investment in Body just for some good Athletics survivability perks... good luck working that out.

You want to be, say, a pistols / shotguns expert? Enjoy having to dump points into Body AND Reflex and not much else.

Cold Blood is great, but the first half of the skill tree is pretty bad, making it kind of an all or nothing skill IMO. Another 20 point investment, for basically just an excellent buff. It fits naturally with a John Wick style pistol expert, but maxing Reflex and Cool means no crafting, and lovely quickhacking.

I'm not looking to build a god character, but goddamn, just let me be good at, like, two things and still have access to good crafting and maybe a decent third support skill. :smith:

Trustworthy fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Dec 19, 2020

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

ChrisBTY posted:

Maybe it's just me but I have a real hard time imagining anybody seeing this as a 'cool' future. Fascinating? Yes? But cool? How? Almost everything about it is dirty, lovely and awful.

I mean you get to plug your brain into gently caress machines.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I just had a what the gently caress quest that started by "go there, kill guy", and ending becoming a study of spirituality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Monologues to self; In the grim darkness of the near future, there's only shitbuckets that can't take corners.