Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
glad everyone here is as mentally ill and drug addicted as the rest of the goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Speak for yourself.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I'm about 6 hours into Ni No Kuni and these towns are so fuckin gorgeous

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my drug addiction games were Mario galaxy and twilight princess because I didn't understand how to use the opiates after some surgery, so I took them like every four hours for two months and they just kept refilling the prescription. I went from feeling the best I've ever felt, flying Mario around in a bee suit and dreaming that I controlled the universe every night, to going through opiate withdrawal and realizing that one night at like 2 am I'd told my ex girlfriend I was still in love with her after beating her at scrabble.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Kongming posted:

Speak for yourself.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming posted:

Speak for yourself.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've never taken a drug in my life, unless you count an occasional IPA (intelligent person alcohol) which I don't.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

I've never taken a drug in my life, unless you count an occasional IPA (intelligent person alcohol) which I don't.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

my drug addiction games were Mario galaxy and twilight princess because I didn't understand how to use the opiates after some surgery, so I took them like every four hours for two months and they just kept refilling the prescription. I went from feeling the best I've ever felt, flying Mario around in a bee suit and dreaming that I controlled the universe every night, to going through opiate withdrawal and realizing that one night at like 2 am I'd told my ex girlfriend I was still in love with her after beating her at scrabble.

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
mario galaxy 1 and twilight princess were my adderall games back in the day. i took it as prescribed but all it did was make me play video games for 10 hours a day and never eat so i stopped.

anywyas im not playing any rpgs right now, sorry

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I'm about 6 hours into Ni No Kuni and these towns are so fuckin gorgeous

The whole game is gorgeous. I'm so glad it escaped the dreaded PS3 exclusivity to survive to this day. I gotta replay it sometime

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

literally the same poo poo, the VA was pumping me full of Oxycotin for a crazy long time for what turned out to just be a minor back issue that doesn’t even bother me anymore. They were basically giving me bottles of heroin with 120 tablets every two weeks and then one day just cut me off cold turkey. I started drinking heavily and smoking heroin for like a year. Anyway I platted demons souls

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

literally the same poo poo, the VA was pumping me full of Oxycotin for a crazy long time for what turned out to just be a minor back issue that doesn’t even bother me anymore. They were basically giving me bottles of heroin with 120 tablets every two weeks and then one day just cut me off cold turkey. I started drinking heavily and smoking heroin for like a year. Anyway I platted demons souls

yeah mine was oxy too, lol. also, before the surgery I weighed 110 pounds and I don't think they make medicine doses for adults that weigh that much. I had enough of a support network that I got through it without the heroin but those were wild times for doctors.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Guys I solved the mystery of the crazy dreams.

BoastfulVirus
Jun 13, 2013

The gamers dilemma: Having too many RPGs and not enough time to play them all.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Arrhythmia posted:

Guys I solved the mystery of the crazy dreams.

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

BoastfulVirus posted:

The gamers dilemma: Having too many RPGs and not enough time to play them all.

thank god for 2020

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1340492120973447169

cool ref

BoastfulVirus
Jun 13, 2013

trying to jack off posted:

thank god for 2020

:hmmyes:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Not a fan of the username/post combo going on here.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
I spent several years drinking myself to sleep every night and my favorite thing to do was play Burnout Paradise before passing out. Not an RPG but I still have stress dreams where I wake up driving drunk once in a while

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

American McGay posted:

Lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training has the power to end this thing here and now.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

net cafe scandal posted:

In Training posted:

i'll be riding high on 300 whole big ones a week soon enough, thats like 5 yakuza games a week.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
which JRPG should i pick up on the Switch? i haven't played any in years but i have quite the Hankering and a switch game would be very convenient right now.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
DQ11S, Octopath Traveler, Ys 8, Ni no Kuni

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

American McGay posted:

DQ11S, Octopath Traveler, Ys 8, Ni no Kuni

this, but DQXI should be a priority

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

TheAardvark posted:

which JRPG should i pick up on the Switch? i haven't played any in years but i have quite the Hankering and a switch game would be very convenient right now.

moon

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

I didn't notice the geno mii before. That is very cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao the robin storyline in romancing saga kicks rear end. good music too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87YnY1fTKt8

sentai hero stories in rpgs always rule, the one in saga frontier is probably the bst story in the game and the robot battle stuff in live a live is fuckin great

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I played Dragon Quest 3 again the other week. There aren't many RPGs that are more RPG than that one.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bongo Bill posted:

I played Dragon Quest 3 again the other week. There aren't many RPGs that are more RPG than that one.

which version? I like the game a lot but I always seem to lose steam when I get to the underworld. I think I've made it all the way to zomas castle twice and quit

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

which version? I like the game a lot but I always seem to lose steam when I get to the underworld. I think I've made it all the way to zomas castle twice and quit

This time it was on Switch. I got as far as the end of the post-game superdungeon and Xenlon kicked my rear end so I decided I was done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the snes version is the best one imo