Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I will say that, for the most part, they're extremely good about making 'spoiler-y' cosmetic things actually just not make a whole lot of sense out of context. The mount Zero mentioned, for example, that doesn't read as a spoiler if you haven't gotten to the point where you get the thing; it just reads as a cool mount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
The one that seems iffy spoiler-wise is (late ShB): wind-up mystel.
Not the name, of course, the appearance. especially the staff

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

OddObserver posted:

The one that seems iffy spoiler-wise is (late ShB): wind-up mystel.
Not the name, of course, the appearance. especially the staff

I'm sorry but that is not a spoiler. It's a spoiler like saying the Scooby gang will catch the bad guy at the end of the ep.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

about the worst out-and-out spoiler they've done in my recollection is the old 3.5 msq title

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vitamean posted:

about the worst out-and-out spoiler they've done in my recollection is the old 3.5 msq title

And they changed it to something so generic it no longer really makes sense lmao

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Vitamean posted:

Tidus Leonhart <<GERP>>
<- Rosebud was the Sled ->

derra
Dec 29, 2012
On Adamantoise we have a ... troll would be putting it too kindly, really, in Novice Network, who would spam the 5.3 trial housing reward in NN to spoil sprouts. The description was changed in one of the minor patches, probably because of this rear end in a top hat.

Now he resorts to spamming slurs, it’s really pleasant.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

pretty sure they take reports of people doing poo poo like that in novice network seriously

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Mentors can kick other mentors but only for 4 hours, and if he kick him preemptively he kicks you when he gets back on for an “unprovoked kick”. Meanwhile all the hate language is from level 2 free trial accounts he creates and invites to NN.

Trust me, we report constantly.

This has been going on for months.

Galaxies
Jan 22, 2020

Vitamean posted:

They had to change the ardbert minions description because it spoiled a major event is another.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

some of the most unpleasant and least competent people ive encountered in this game have had the mentor crown thing by their name

derra
Dec 29, 2012

juggalo baby coffin posted:

some of the most unpleasant and least competent people ive encountered in this game have had the mentor crown thing by their name

Hey! Im just incompetent : )

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

They're called Burger King Crowns for a reason

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

is there a reason to go for 100 in the fashion show after you've got the title? is it more mgp or should i just go for 80?

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

is there a reason to go for 100 in the fashion show after you've got the title? is it more mgp or should i just go for 80?

It's the same amount of MGP, the only difference is that you might unlock the hotpants at the boutique slightly faster. Not worth it imo

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It's a selection bias thing. There's poo poo people both with and without the crown, but you're likely to notice the crown if the lovely person has one. Also the existence of novice network makes it more likely you'll encounter poo poo mentors vs poo poo non-mentors if you have the channel turned on.

Sadly there isn't a way to only have helpful and knowledgeable people be mentors without some sort of human intervention that they're unlikely to spring for since that costs money.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Dec 19, 2020

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Thundarr posted:

It's a selection bias thing. There's poo poo people both with and without the crown, but you're likely to notice the crown if the lovely person has one. Also the existence of novice network makes it more likely you'll encounter poo poo mentors vs poo poo non-mentors if you have the channel turned on.

Sadly there isn't a way to only have helpful and knowledgeable people be mentors without some sort of human intervention that they're unlikely to spring for since that costs money.

i met a nice mentor who was new at warrior (which was my main at the time) when i was new at white mage (which was their main) and we had a good run in a dungeon and taught each other about the respective classes

Aithon posted:

It's the same amount of MGP, the only difference is that you might unlock the hotpants at the boutique slightly faster. Not worth it imo

hell yeah, time to put in some minimal effort!

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Thundarr posted:

The only real problem with the Mentor system is that iirc the Novice Network channel is community-moderated by Mentors, so if whoever is in charge is a weirdo they inevitably turn those channels into their own personal fiefdoms. Back when I was in NN on Mateus it was a total shitshow that regularly derailed into angry right-wing rants about religion and the guy in charge of it called me a simpleton for thinking Galaxy Quest was a good movie

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

hell yeah, time to put in some minimal effort!

https://twitter.com/valdepardieu/status/1304443773108191235

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i briefly had the bk crown before the update and tbh doing mentor roulette seems kind of fun sometimes. unfortunately I have only been playing since ARR launch, have all combat classes maxed, and have cleared both raid tiers this expansion so since I'm a couple hundred comms short I don't know enough to be a mentor :(

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Relax Or DIE posted:

i briefly had the bk crown before the update and tbh doing mentor roulette seems kind of fun sometimes. unfortunately I have only been playing since ARR launch, have all combat classes maxed, and have cleared both raid tiers this expansion so since I'm a couple hundred comms short I don't know enough to be a mentor :(

Tbh if you have all combat classes at 80 I'm kind of surprised you'd have less than 1500 comms.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Thundarr posted:

Tbh if you have all combat classes at 80 I'm kind of surprised you'd have less than 1500 comms.

It's pretty easy if you leave immediately from the duty menu.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Thundarr posted:

i got the Amaro months before I got the 1500 comm chevo, and I had to farm it by healing trials roulette for a few hours aday.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Thundarr posted:

People rarely give comms in frontlines roulette, which I did a bunch of leveling in. And if you have a habit of running roulettes with friends, that cuts down on comms a ton.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Vitamean posted:

Can the Warrior of Light defeat Double Bahamut? Find out next patch in: The Double Bahamut Defeated! Super Warrior $Firstname $Lastname

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Zack Ater posted:

People rarely give comms in frontlines roulette, which I did a bunch of leveling in. And if you have a habit of running roulettes with friends, that cuts down on comms a ton.

Yeah I got an enormous amount of comms leveling all the healers first purely through DF

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

guildhests would probably be the fastest way to farm comms, albeit mind numbing in the extreme

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I've picked up several thousand comms as melee dps in ex and alliance roulettes by just doing good damage and saying things sometimes. And typically I don't do more than one or two roulettes a day.

If you want to make some quickly, then half naked catgirl tank spamming guildhests and ldr would probably be the best bet.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It also helps to have a really good name. Lalafells with food-based names always get a comm.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Fister Roboto posted:

It also helps to have a really good name. Lalafells with food-based names always get a comm.

That's like everyone in the goon FC...

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
It weirds the gently caress out of me when I get all three comms on fuckin RDM

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I say hi at the beginning of an expert roulette dungeon and usually get a comm or two

that's my secret

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

hazardousmouse posted:

i always assume that means i was in with a group of 3 who couldnt commend anyone else

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Just hit Resistance Rank 10.

Are there any tricks for finding a Castrum group?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Tainen posted:

Are there any tricks for finding a Castrum group?

Playing a month ago.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

hazardousmouse posted:

A couple weeks ago I did alliance roulette with some FC people, and it was seven of us and one rando bard. I hope those seven comms made his day.

But yeah, whenever I get comms as like a summoner I just assume the tank left too quickly :v:

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Eureka discord is apparently still organizing Castrum Licorice runs so lurking there for announcements could be worth.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I just started playing again after being away for like, 6 months. I'm mostly sticking with crafting right now, and I have a couple of questions. If I want to just craft whatever the highest tier of crafting gear is, should I just buy a set of the handsaint gear?

Also, when I'm gathering from a legendary node, I have a 0% chance for HQ, so I checked my Preparation skill, and it says I should be able to get HQ with 1400something Perception. I have over 2k perception, why can't I get HQ stuff? I've also noticed that when I use skills to raise my chance of gathering, they're only half as effective. Is that just how legendary nodes are? The nodes I was gathering from are Duskbloom and Solstice stones, so I think its the materials for the latest tier.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
My secret to getting commendations is to be slow to leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I keep forgetting how much XP Frontline DF gives. Gave me two levels in one go