Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dumper Humper posted:

*sniff* guysh, it ish me, *sniff* cool zizek

*Cool Zizek takes a hot dog out of his shirt pocket and hands it to you*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
why is there so much zizek content this week? did Virgil Texas just decide he wanted to make bad faith and chapo have him on? he’s drat near unlistenable.

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Doc Hawkins posted:

how do you do, fellow kidsh

Guysh *sniff* I wash wearing the flip flopsh, and so on

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
And sho, what if, he wash cumeatshoner gordon, and so on

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

why is there so much zizek content this week? did Virgil Texas just decide he wanted to make bad faith and chapo have him on? he’s drat near unlistenable.

you must train further

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

its because virgil won't terrorize him like he should!!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Dumper Humper posted:

vat if it vas a chinese jew, and he vas like, "oh zhe rine at zhe bank vas sho RONG today"

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

vat if it vas a chinese jew, and he vas like, "oh zhe rine at zhe bank vas sho RONG today"

I have sheen, in my time, and sho on, some pushiesh that made me, eh, want to kill myshelf

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Presumably they got him on Bad Faith and at some point he offered to also go on Chapo or Virgil asked him to also go on Chapo and he said yes.

That's what i think is most likely.

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
But *sniff* ze important part is *sniff* zat neegler ish a different word .

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

comedy ish shaying shlurs

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

i say swears online posted:

comedy ish shaying shlurs

yet it ish when sniff not shaying it ish funnier sniff more than ever we believe it is

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

im ziezek irl

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zizie beetz

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Lady Militant posted:

its because virgil won't terrorize him like he should!!

no one got him to play a Paradox game with Matt

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Stickfigure posted:

But *sniff* ze important part is *sniff* zat neegler ish a different word .

*Sniff* andre'sh shteakhoushe

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Honest Thief posted:

yet it ish when sniff not shaying it ish funnier sniff more than ever we believe it is

you shee it ish like jazz, and so on, it ish about tzhe shlurs you do not shay

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Thish, ish the LACUNA, the libidinal deshire, the gayesht *sniff* of all bombs, and sho on and sho forth

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dumper Humper posted:

When I shmoke thish weed, I am, in a shenshe, engagingh primarily in a pleashure for myshelf, but, you shee, I musht alsho *snff*, I musht alsho perform for the other, even when I am shimply alone, when I am with a cadre of my friendsh, when I am with my dealer watching him play on his playshtation and shpeak insheshantly about the music of Tool, and sho on and sho on, sho when I ecshclaim that when I shmoke thish weed it makesh me feel as if I am, as one shays, a grandma'sh boy, I am ecshclaiming outward even when I am hotbocshing my bedroom alone.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mia Mulder on Well There's Your Problem

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Victory Position posted:

no one got him to play a Paradox game with Matt

Want to see a Chapo Venice stream, where they are all the five families in ck2

E: or just anyone doing that, tbqh

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i want to see him playing FNV but i will settle for a paradox game

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Presumably they got him on Bad Faith and at some point he offered to also go on Chapo or Virgil asked him to also go on Chapo and he said yes.

That's what i think is most likely.

Bad Faith definitely pulls bigger guests than Chapo. Zizek has been on Chapo before though.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Atrocious Joe posted:

Bad Faith definitely pulls bigger guests than Chapo. Zizek has been on Chapo before though.

the CIA has a great pull factor

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Mia Mulder on Well There's Your Problem

ooh my fav yt with a history degree

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

mia muller, alice, contrapoints, me. trans Online person the View (im the megan mccain)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

T-man posted:

mia muller, alice, contrapoints, me. trans Online person the View (im the megan mccain)

Mia Muller had to do a whole video because of the abuse she got because randos associated her with an unrelated problematic trans Youtuber, and then she goes on Alice's show.

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

Mia Muller had to do a whole video because of the abuse she got because randos associated her with an unrelated problematic trans Youtuber, and then she goes on Alice's show.

Alice rules.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i've got a free month of stitcher premium. does anyone have any recs? (aside from blowback, of course)

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

exmarx posted:

i've got a free month of stitcher premium. does anyone have any recs? (aside from blowback, of course)

good morning good morning by the yks dudes is good if u like YKS or episode one

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Atrocious Joe posted:

I've yet to hear an actually interesting interview on either podcast.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Oh I normally skip most Chapo interviews. I haven't listened to the most recent Zizek , but I plan to because slobby white guys are the one type of guest that really fits with the dry boys.

I tried to listen to the Bad Faith with Ice Cube, but it was boring.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Atrocious Joe posted:

Oh I normally skip most Chapo interviews. I haven't listened to the most recent Zizek , but I plan to because slobby white guys are the one type of guest that really fits with the dry boys.

I tried to listen to the Bad Faith with Ice Cube, but it was boring.

I can't remember a time they even challenged anyone or were adversarial during an interview. They are all just boring.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I can't remember a time they even challenged anyone or were adversarial during an interview. They are all just boring.

felix vs david cross

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Farm Frenzy posted:

felix vs david cross

What episode? I didn't hear it. Is it worth going back and listening to?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

mcmagic posted:

What episode? I didn't hear it. Is it worth going back and listening to?

no it was really loving bad and awkward. matt's even talked about a few times on his cushvlogs and that's the reason they don't really get adversarial with guests or anything, it wasn't fun for anyone (not the hosts, not the guests, and not the listners) and if they aren't having fun then what's the point.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

well, to win, of course

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
restraining myself from making a joke about safdie brothers interview in an attempt to avoid going back to movie chat.

i generally think of chapo interviews as an intro to why I should care about a guy or his pet project/interview rather than an interrogation or deep dive. from recent memory the ones I found most interesting was the vincent bevins one about communists in Indonesia and the way that steven donziger was getting absolutely hosed by the legal system for representing people/environment against chevron

crepeface has issued a correction as of 05:44 on Dec 20, 2020

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Xaris posted:

no it was really loving bad and awkward. matt's even talked about a few times on his cushvlogs and that's the reason they don't really get adversarial with guests or anything, it wasn't fun for anyone (not the hosts, not the guests, and not the listners) and if they aren't having fun then what's the point.

I listened to a 5 min clip of them arguing about Louis Farrakhan and Felix couldn't have been more right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

exmarx posted:

The teachers lounge. It’s funny