Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

BonHair posted:

Bing maga

Ask Jeetves Kune Do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

True search aficionados now use duckduckgo, as the wizardry needed to get even half-acceptable results requires far more mastery than even the most adept at googling.
There's been a bunch of times where I've spent 30 minutes scouring google for something and gotten it front page first time on duckduck go. Either I've gotten used to its quirks or it's way better than it was before quarantine.

DontMockMySmock posted:

Was it Suzukisan? that's the one I remember having windows ME in it. gently caress, the early 00's were so dumb.
It was! There was only two according to that wiki.

Also get that obscure bullshit retaining gray matter into the white whale thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3895038&goto=lastpost

Splicer has a new favorite as of 00:34 on Dec 19, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Splicer posted:

There's been a bunch of times where I've spent 30 minutes scouring google for something and gotten it front page first time on duckduck go. Either I've gotten used to its quirks or it's way better than it was before quarantine.

Huh, I still have the exact opposite feeling in it. I use it for all my unimportant random crap, but it still fails a lot on anything complex or too specific, even with much more savvy use of keywords and stuff that work right away with google.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

yeah ddg is great but sometimes you need to google "that thing with the other thing" and unfortunately theyre better for that use case

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Isn't ddg literally google results without the placed ads and tracking?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
using DDG's image search is like a time machine to 2001

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

Isn't ddg literally google results without the placed ads and tracking?

They licensed bing’s database and clean it up. Google and Bing are the only two American companies who have a complete web index

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
The best thing about DDG is that you can search then just add !g for the more privacy-respecting google search

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

That was awful but this feels like attempted gaslighting.

quote:

Fark-tan is Something Awful-tan's closest friend- sharing some of the same interests, sense of humor and fondness for photo editing.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Please stop making fun of my ebaum's-tan lore

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

why the gently caress is twitter a catgirl instead of, you know, a birdgirl or some poo poo

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I just poked around that site, and discovered an extensive list of stories and comic about the various os-tans, completely lacking in any link or anything other than a title so good luck finding out more about the lives of the os-tans :pout:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Garrand posted:

why the gently caress is twitter a catgirl instead of, you know, a birdgirl or some poo poo

Do you really want to know? Because some questions are best left unanswered and I suspect this is one of them.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Shooting Blanks posted:

Fun fact: I was born on and spent a few years growing up on a Superfund site. I'd identify it but I don't want to get doxxed.

C.M. Kruger posted:

Hence the username?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Someone needs to edit sa-tan page since lowtax isn’t the owner anymore

lol

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Bismuth posted:

I can open a pdf by myself so I've already got a leg up on most of the "survival skills" people

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

WTF posted:

SMOKE TILL YOU CHOKE AND GET YOURSELF A DICK MADE OUT OF A KEY TO gently caress BITCHES AND UNLOCK THEIR PUSSIES

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sa couldn't handle that level of science

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

learnincurve posted:

What’s the word for a collective of well actually guys?

https://twitter.com/Sturgeons_Law/status/1340122332908556289

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

A Reddit of Guys

Inceltown posted:

It's like attorneys general so a wells actually.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Splicer posted:

In the white whale thread I found an old flash video for someone by discovering the Fanimutation wiki has a character page for Windows ME

Neil Ciergia should apply for amnesty and Jeffpartations. He got helldumped (not for anything specific, just kinda helldumped for being neil ciergia), and his defense was to play a cartoonish prick. He did suck a good job his tormenters got banned, but he got a perma for what is in retrospect a hilarious bit of trolling.

At some point "Neil Ciergia's sister made a webcomic" turned into "Emmy Ciergias brother made funny flash videos" and he was forgotten, but every few years someone posts a reminder that animutations exist and that causes something in the brain to burst like an aneurysm and its like "Oh my god THAT loving thing" and you hear the horrible music

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

EorayMel posted:

WTF posted:

SMOKE TILL YOU CHOKE AND GET YOURSELF A DICK MADE OUT OF A KEY TO gently caress BITCHES AND UNLOCK THEIR PUSSIES

too powerful for this world

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Syd Midnight posted:

At some point "Neil Ciergia's sister made a webcomic" turned into "Emmy Ciergias brother made funny flash videos" and he was forgotten,
He's done some pretty notable things since 2001. He's probably too well known to post here under his own name without it being a nuisance.

Scarodactyl has a new favorite as of 06:59 on Dec 20, 2020

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
If y’all think Neil Cicierega has somehow fallen from glory y’all owe it to yourselves to go listen to his Mouth Sounds albums right the gently caress now.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Some people carry a printer, some people carry a monitor.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

elise the great posted:

If y’all think Neil Cicierega has somehow fallen from glory y’all owe it to yourselves to go listen to his Mouth Sounds albums right the gently caress now.

His latest, Mouth Dreams, came out in September this year. http://www.neilcic.com/mouthdreams/

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Two Trucks Having Sex is practically the gen z anthem

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

So you guys are saying Neil C is simply and legitimately too good for us

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

so this guy is a musician, i gather

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

He and his sister went to a Waldorf school where they let kids study whatever they're interested in, and they became internet celebs back when that wasn't really a word yet. It's been years since I checked but Emmy had a good webcomic and Neil got together a very online band who put out a lot of music. Neil was active on SA under the nick Trapezoid I think, When he go helldumped he tried to out-dick his tormentors, and did such a good job that he got perma'd. Not for doing anything, just for acting like a pompous dick. In retrospect it was unfair... it made his helldumpers so furious that they caught a bunch of probes.

I want to go find it in archives to do some comedy paleontology, but I also don't want to because when you go digging through Helldump you get poo poo all over your hands up to the elbow. So don't trust me on this.

The concept of Helldump has aged like a carton of milk. It doesn't seem like it at first if you only skim the goldmined posts, but it got real problematic. But heres a trip down memory lane:

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

freeedr posted:

So you guys are saying Neil C is simply and legitimately too good for us

No, he still has brain problems so he's still goonworthy, he just can't openly admit that he's Neil C anymore because he'd get swamped.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Syd Midnight posted:

He and his sister went to a Waldorf school where they let kids study whatever they're interested in, and they became internet celebs back when that wasn't really a word yet. It's been years since I checked but Emmy had a good webcomic and Neil got together a very online band who put out a lot of music. Neil was active on SA under the nick Trapezoid I think, When he go helldumped he tried to out-dick his tormentors, and did such a good job that he got perma'd. Not for doing anything, just for acting like a pompous dick. In retrospect it was unfair... it made his helldumpers so furious that they caught a bunch of probes.

I want to go find it in archives to do some comedy paleontology, but I also don't want to because when you go digging through Helldump you get poo poo all over your hands up to the elbow. So don't trust me on this.

The concept of Helldump has aged like a carton of milk. It doesn't seem like it at first if you only skim the goldmined posts, but it got real problematic. But heres a trip down memory lane:

I think the general feeling on Helldump is that it started good, but they ran out of valid targets and started turning on good posters

I, fortunately, missed that era, but have heard way too much about it as an amateur forums explorer

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Proper Reason posted:

Hello i an new at useing FTP and need some help.
Im using flash fxp and was
wondering what are some good dl sites for ftp.
i found this one ftp://216.171.235.34:55000
user snoop
pass dog
im having trouble with it because it say i dnt have permision,i dont
know how to get permision like i said im new at useign ftp. if some
one can help me that would be great thanks.
Plz send me free sites

E: holy poo poo follow the rapsheet and the other posts this is exactly what I yearn for

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

RFC2324 posted:

I think the general feeling on Helldump is that it started good, but they ran out of valid targets and started turning on good posters

I, fortunately, missed that era, but have heard way too much about it as an amateur forums explorer
That's pretty much mockthread.php

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

/\/\/\/\ yeah, helldump was Mockthread: the Forum

Stop being a living ad for archives, Mel! :negative:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Jeffrey should un-perma Lemon Demon, if he's still banned. Right the wrongs of the past!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

RFC2324 posted:

/\/\/\/\ yeah, helldump was Mockthread: the Forum

Stop being a living ad for archives, Mel! :negative:

:d: :d: :d:

Proper Reasoning posted:

Damm thats one hell of a good idea Man you are one smart stoner i think u should do that also put the note some where they will look.

Proper Reasoning posted:

Ya weed gets you high but I was triping u rear end in a top hat. next time take that cock out of your mouth.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Thanks, but everything you post makes me want to see the whole thread, and I don't wanna pay up.

I'm so gonna pay up before long :homebrew:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

helldump was the french revolution and the terror all in one sub

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

What's wrong with chronotrigger? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
At least they were right about Zybourne Clock