Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
A bunch of freaky rear end steam whistles that are drooling and an angel in the distance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I like that robot Chesed has a slot for coffee to go in. I'm not sure where it goes or what happens to it afterwards, but I'm glad he has the slot.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

I like that robot Chesed has a slot for coffee to go in. I'm not sure where it goes or what happens to it afterwards, but I'm glad he has the slot.

Could be for coffee, could be for beer, could be for bear beer, could be for ediphrakin or whatever it's called.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Hokma says in his first dialogue that he shaped the department into a heaven, mostly with the help of copious amounts of white plaster.

It's a fan-project for A, basically.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Lord_Magmar posted:

I loved that he still had the mug during his meltdown. But yes, boxbot holding coffee looking vaguely bored is still great.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I wonder, I wonder? Do you wonder what I wonder?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Depends. Are you wondering what message Hokma would include in his 500$ superchat on A's 'Being A Bad Person' stream?

if so, then yes

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Hehehehehehehe, I'm looking forward to the next update.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Angela, GLaDOS wants a word with you about stealing her schtick.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
There wouldn't have needed to be all of this boxbot rebellion stuff if the manager just did what Chesed wanted and got a real good coffee machine. This is what happens without quality caffeine :colbert:

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

For all obsession with energy gathering efficiency, it ultimately does not matter: we have a quota and all time in the world to fulfil it. We could just constantly farm One Sin for energy. No matter how much energy we collect, Seed of Light percentage will not increase. Only resolving Sephiroth Meltdowns will increase it. Given that LC is very good at integrating gameplay with the story, this is probably is not coincidental.

My theory right now is that the energy we collect during the day is only for powering Deterrence Fields for next day and to have reserve if we screw up and need to go back in time. The actual plan always relied on Sephiroth having a Meltdown and resolving it giving us nessesary energy. Angela even mentions on Malkuth meltdown that she can replace Sephiroth but that will make us lose the Seed. They were picked by A, because they had regrets/grudges or problems which could be easily targeted to break them. Angela was made to oversee the process. We saw in flashbacks that facility was more developed and worked for quite some time before X came. This was probably setup time to drive Sephiroth as close to the breaking as possible and let X finish the job later.
As Angela was made in image of Carmen, she was probably created with her ideals and goals at the core. Later she was made to do things against her nature. This would probably be not good for her sanity. And finally, Angela mentioned about script lacking a finale, and that might literally be it: in the end, without orders to follow she will let out all pent up frustration cause the biggest meltdown we will see and will be the last Meltdown and last 10% of the seed.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That last little conversation had extremely strong Shadow Girls From Utena vibes and I loved it. Well written!

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Wait
Why even bother with new hires if you have such absolute control over life and death?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

who says they're new :ghost:

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

the Orb of Zot posted:

Wait
Why even bother with new hires if you have such absolute control over life and death?

If your agent dies to painfully drowning and getting turned inside out by Melting Love they deserve a permanent break.

For their incompetence, of course. :colbert:

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Hwurmp posted:

who says they're new :ghost:

Right.
So ignoring the revelation that literally no one matters except for the Sephirah, why is Angela still the Worst?
EDIT: also can’t wait for the next gameplay update where Gebura’s core suppression is (probably) releasing absolutely everything into the facility and daring you to lock them back up

the Orb of Zot fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 19, 2020

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
I'm pretty sure he means 'via time travel or maybe cogito'. Like, people can still obviously regular die and that doesn't make the things that happened to them not horrific and hosed up? This is still a business that's killing people on the regular spurred by an ai that seems to have only understood the person she was supposed to be wanted to do good things and doesn't understand why or how that was.

And hell, that original person was already involved in some pretty hosed up stuff by the end.

Chesed should have gotten more people in on the rebellion, though I guess that's hard when time travel exists. Lobotomy Corp Delenda Est.

(I also rather liked the last conversation and also got Utena vibes off it.)

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

goblin week posted:

What on earth is Hokma’s background

I heard he was a doctor

better late than never

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Dec 19, 2020

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Art

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Black Robe posted:

Angela, GLaDOS wants a word with you about stealing her schtick.
It's less of a personal schtick and more of a thing you tend to do when you're an AI in charge of a secret facility and there's an uppity human (or former human) making waves in your corridors.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

TeeQueue posted:

I’ve waited a long time for a savior. Someone who could free me from my inertia and wake me up inside.

Would not have predicted Chesed having an Evanescence lyric, but I "save me from the nothing I've become" would probably have been too on the nose.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

:five: even though I don't get the joke

Can't wait to see how bad day 40 is, and to see if -45 is actually a death trap in disguise or if it's actually the nicest abnormality and everyone's joking about it like with the One Sin instant kill.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Theantero posted:

Depends. Are you wondering what message Hokma would include in his 500$ superchat on A's 'Being A Bad Person' stream?

if so, then yes

I mean, three or four people have made this joke already, but it's absolutely "hokma balls"

JustPassingBy
Aug 6, 2014

TeeQueue posted:

:v: Have you heard? Has anyone told you?

:j: The Rumor of Gebura's Breakdown!

Ouch, and right after Hokma talks about how pointless it is to grieve for the dead. RIP NA Magia Record.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Evil Kit posted:

I heard he was a doctor

This rules, but imo his office is still missing a little something.

That's more like it.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Imagine four Hokma Balls on the edge of a cliff...

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Arcvasti posted:

This rules, but imo his office is still missing a little something.

That's more like it.

:five: :allears: I wish I thought of this

the Orb of Zot posted:

:five: even though I don't get the joke

You must be suffering from a case of ligma then.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 20, 2020

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

I used to spoil, I'm sorry.
Modnote: No spoilers you dingus

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Dec 20, 2020

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

TeeQueue posted:

It's talking about BOTH! They announced two new Lobotomy Corporation games in a single presentation. One (LC2) is a management simulator, and the other (LCB) seems to be some kind of SMT/Etrian Odyssey style dungeon crawler.

And I think that's as far as we go here-any further discussion of this should probably head to the megathread.

edit: I didn't put the full text of the announcement in this thread for a couple very specific reasons.

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 20, 2020

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
lmao I just realized that that dude's one rapsheet entry is for posting spoilers too, on top of their title.

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Am I a mouse dreaming I'm a cat, or a scratching post dreaming I'm a bowl of wet food? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
Mmm... wet food...
Hooo boy. This has my brain percolating something fierce. Based on this and everything else we've seen.... Is the entire headquarters sealed in a compressed pocket of time, ever flicking back to the beginning? Each 'day' on the inside isn't a day or n the outside, either - in fact, based on what the Rabbits say, Headquarters is going through years of time in.... weeks? And Hokma here talking about bringing back and killing employees - Is THAT what execution bullets really are, the employee getting time traveled back to nothingness by Hokma? Is he straight up saving and deleting and reloading people up in here!? Argh, I have so many questions that need answering!

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?

JustPassingBy posted:

Ouch, and right after Hokma talks about how pointless it is to grieve for the dead. RIP NA Magia Record.

Indeed. I am glad I'm not the only one who had that thought...

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

DrKirre posted:

Hooo boy. This has my brain percolating something fierce. Based on this and everything else we've seen.... Is the entire headquarters sealed in a compressed pocket of time, ever flicking back to the beginning? Each 'day' on the inside isn't a day or n the outside, either - in fact, based on what the Rabbits say, Headquarters is going through years of time in.... weeks? And Hokma here talking about bringing back and killing employees - Is THAT what execution bullets really are, the employee getting time traveled back to nothingness by Hokma? Is he straight up saving and deleting and reloading people up in here!? Argh, I have so many questions that need answering!

Another idea is that the entire time travel conceit could actually be a lie, and the entire game/corporation could potentially be taking place inside an AI simulation purely for A's benefit while they're in suspended animation or something.

In any other game this would be an egregiously played out and awful twist, but this setting already canonically has a bunch of wacky super-scifi technology so why not throw in the Matrix as well?

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

I’d say that humans are the real monsters but we have some horrifying things in the facility that were never ever human to begin with.

So I guess in this game, everything’s a horrible monster

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Laetitia is not a monster.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

You’re right, I forgot that Laetitia is a good little girl who has done nothing wrong in her life.

But yeah back to pressing F5 for the next update

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

the Orb of Zot posted:

I’d say that humans are the real monsters but we have some horrifying things in the facility that were never ever human to begin with.

You forgot Ppodae. It's only howwible, not horrible. :3:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King of Bleh posted:

Another idea is that the entire time travel conceit could actually be a lie, and the entire game/corporation could potentially be taking place inside an AI simulation purely for A's benefit while they're in suspended animation or something.

In any other game this would be an egregiously played out and awful twist, but this setting already canonically has a bunch of wacky super-scifi technology so why not throw in the Matrix as well?

You're already in a semi-fake environment controlled by a machine. The matrix twist would not work.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Dec 20, 2020

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

the Orb of Zot posted:

You honk in joy. It's a lovely morning in LobCorp, and you are a horrible employee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Black Robe posted:

You honk in joy. It's a lovely morning in LobCorp, and you are a horrible employee.

Horrible Goose: roughly the same rules as Punishing Bird, except it forces the closest employee to attempt to suppress it, and when they do it just steals the offender's EGO weapon and forces them to chase after it until they catch it. Unless said EGO weapon is a bell, in which case it consumes the weapon and returns to containment.

Materant fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Dec 20, 2020