Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
because getting bummed out in britain doesn't mean being irked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

I'm hoping to use this thread as a platform for revolutionary propaganda when we need to generate international support for armed uprisings so I'm totally cool with the occasional shitposter asking what Brexit means.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
it means getting sodomised until your bowels come out your bum-hole :catstare:

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

no kink shaming thou

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Going to be the only person in my house too over Christmas, everyone else is running to their families which I can understand. At least 2 of the people I live with are sisters, one left a month ago and the other one is getting her dad to go to a drive thru testing centre.

I'm going to be on my own at christmas for the first time.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Josef bugman posted:

Going to be the only person in my house too over Christmas, everyone else is running to their families which I can understand. At least 2 of the people I live with are sisters, one left a month ago and the other one is getting her dad to go to a drive thru testing centre.

I think there are a few on here who will be in that position. (I'll be on my own but this will be my 26th or 27th year so it doesn't bother me.)
Maybe 'first timers' could organize a discord or something or even just interacting on here at a couple of set times?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
None of you are alone I will be here to post online with you :sun:

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

crispix posted:

you didn't live in England for very long if you go around saying things bummed you out, imo

Correct but long enough to form an attachment

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
come what may :catstare:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I will be posting at christmas, as I usually do, the most significant thing about the time is usually the workload to be honest, and also I get fewer days in the week to do it all which is annoying.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Could do an updated Chris Rea song like poooooosssstiiiiiiin onliiiiiiiiine foh chriiiiiiiistmaaaaaaaaaaas dooo doooo dooooooooooooo doooodoooooooo

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I will post with you too crispix. You're not alone either.

Oh and in other news I got drunk and took aspirin on an empty stomach and hosed my stomach up and all. Good going me.

Right after people in the thread were screaming in horror at how fatal that could be.

Hopefully haven't given myself an ulcer but we'll see by Monday woo.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
why aren't you on irc you bottom-hole ;-*

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

crispix posted:

Could do an updated Chris Rea song like poooooosssstiiiiiiin onliiiiiiiiine foh chriiiiiiiistmaaaaaaaaaaas dooo doooo dooooooooooooo doooodoooooooo

https://newsthump.com/2020/12/14/curse-of-2020-strikes-again-as-chris-reas-car-fails-mot/

quote:

Curse of 2020 strikes again as Chris Rea’s car fails MOT

Further proof that 2020 is cursed has emerged after singer Chris Rea confirmed that his 2012 Ford Focus has failed its MOT due to a leaking oil pump.

The singer is now faced with the prospect of finding an alternative mode of transport to get him home this Christmas.

Rea admits that he is considering taking his car back from the garage and risking the drive home for Christmas.

“That’s up to him,” says mechanic Simon Williams.

“But unless he wants this year’s Christmas song to be Hitching Home for Christmas From Just North of South Mimms Services’ then I’d advise him to leave it with us for a bit.”

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Nah you don't want to gently caress about with an oil pump imo

It has always been my understanding that the driver in the song has a valid MOT and roadworthy vehicle

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Remember when Johnson happily told the press at the begining of a pandemic that he really admired the mayor from Jaws for making strong decisions and sticking to his guns.

I still wonder if he never watched the whole movie or if he just had a rare moment of complete honesty and clarity.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Some funny captions on this twitter contest.

https://twitter.com/williamjohnbird/status/1340301854710898688?s=20

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I've had an awful lot of problems with couriers claiming that they could deliver within the next few days and then just dumping boxes in a central depot.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Sir queef may as well be the invisible man but I am very interested in the gigantic frond there

top right

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Anyone know what that is? With one slip of that I could do Mr Burns style blackening of the sun to all of my neighbours, i quite fancy :hehe:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i love my plants

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

crispix posted:

why not just go out and gulder at them and threaten to do their windas if they don't gently caress up

love/hate that i understood every word

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Ms Adequate posted:

love/hate that i understood every word

i know for a fact there are people paid near 30 grand a year to sit waiting on the phone to ring in the NI executive ulster scots line

it never does

if you understood that you're probably better qualified than some people sitting there waiting :laugh:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
It's a shame that language and politics are so intertwined because this place otherwise has so much to enrich the English language, like quare and dander and gobshite - they have no real equivalent in GB

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Looks a bit like a phoenix palm perhaps?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I wouldn't really do that to my neighbours. I'm not that much of a dick

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i like plants though, i am an ally o' plants

any buliding i am in, idgaf about politics, if i see a neglected plant i will tend to it

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you really want antisocial gardening than pampas grass is a good one, it's a big horrible mess that also has serrated leaves that gently caress you up if you brush past them. Also highly invasive and gets these massive stalks that I assume spray seeds within several miles.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i have cacti on all my windasills for to gently caress up would-be burglars :hehe:

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

crispix posted:

It's a shame that language and politics are so intertwined because this place otherwise has so much to enrich the English language, like quare and dander and gobshite - they have no real equivalent in GB

Quare bungarye, roddy rye. Fol a deedle dye roddy rye roddy rye.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Those videos of people fleeing London last night has properly boiled my piss. Never have I felt the desire to see machine gun nests blocking roads and train stations before.

Seriously though why are people so desperate to see their family at Christmas? Can they bit just wait a bit until they have a vaccination? I love my family but can easily accept the idea of not seeing them in the flesh for a long time, and now I'm worried that I'm emotionally deficient for not wanting to risk the lives of myself and others to see my parents.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Eh, I think a lot of people are incredibly miserable right now and have been clinging on to Xmas as something to look forward to at the end of the year. Having even that suddenly yanked away at the last minute is hugely upsetting for them.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
It can hardly be called a lockdown if the trains are still running

https://mobile.twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/1340410423858900992

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I'm so loving sick of this unions Governments. They have sat around pissing in the wind for 9 months watching this poo poo get worse while doing the bear minimum (if that). They sat and loving watched as other countries around the world showed how to handle this poo poo and thought "Nah gently caress that".

They then have the audacity to tell people they can break lockdown for a week, meaning people made travel plans, started isolating in preparation. Only for that to be ripped away with a few days left. And then on top of that have implemented a nation wide tier 4 lockdown for 3 weeks post Christmas without looking at regional differences. Merry loving Christmas eh.

It's criminally incompetent and I'm loving done with it.
The Tories, Labour, SNP, DUP, Plaid are all loving complicit in this poo poo show and it pisses me off that likely all of them will walk through the next election because everyone in England thinks that if you don't vote Tory you have to vote labour. Everyone up here still thinks the sun shines out of the SNPs arseholes even though they have done gently caress all since the Indy Ref apart from bitch about how it's not fair that we don't have independence, even though there's so much poo poo they could fix. Meaning that nothing ever changes, people talk up how "I'm done with Labour" then come the next GE they vote for them anyway because "We need to get rid of the Tories" meaning a load of poo poo Labour MPs keep their seats and eventually lose anyway. Stopping actual potentially decent parties gaining any traction.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just done with the poo poo status quo of poo poo government after poo poo government led by Eton "elites" that continually ignore people in the worst situations across the board (and subsequently call any external help a "political play").

In short, we are long due a revolution.

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Dec 20, 2020

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

Vigil for Virgil posted:

In short, we are long due a revolution.

Welcome to the vanguardist club, comrade, feel free to the collective tea and cakes.

Also, have you read the Marxist theory thread? Might be of interest to you and give you some reading material while you’re locked down.

When you’re not, consider looking for local mutual aid and militant groups and see what needs doing (I know a few but all in London and I take it you’re in Scotland; any Scottish commies want to weigh in?) gently caress the establishment but also gently caress feeling helpless.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Charlz Guybon posted:

It can hardly be called a lockdown if the trains are still running

https://mobile.twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/1340410423858900992

I genuinely don't get it. Is there any scenario where travelling was allowed last night and illegal today, in which these people aren't breaking the rules anyway by staying wherever they're going?

I guess maybe if they were all racing to their second homes?

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

peanut- posted:

I genuinely don't get it. Is there any scenario where travelling was allowed last night and illegal today, in which these people aren't breaking the rules anyway by staying wherever they're going?

I guess maybe if they were all racing to their second homes?

Scenarios of "work, education, medical attention or caring responsibilities"

The Tier 3 restrictions already stated you weren't to travel out of those areas, e.g. London.
But people will cling on to anything and pretend they didn't understand so that they can justify to themselves that their own exception is ok. Might even really believe it if they repeat it enough.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Cerv posted:

The Tier 3 restrictions already stated you weren't to travel out of those areas, e.g. London.
But people will cling on to anything and pretend they didn't understand so that they can justify to themselves that their own exception is ok. Might even really believe it if they repeat it enough.

Well, that and "Well the government arent abiding by the rules so why should we?"

Seriously. I wonder how much different this situation would have been if the Tories had fired Cummings after his jolly.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Cerv posted:

No you can still travel for any of those reasons under tier 4.

Realise I’m appealing for logic where there is none, just the desperation to get a “legal” train out to get to where you’re staying illegally is properly weird to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Josef bugman posted:

I'm intrigued by the ambiguity there.

I'm looking after the absent flatmates' cats. So dunno if that counts as xmas alone or not.