Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Problem is that every food nerd nowadays knows it's okay to use dish soap on cast iron, thanks to the Lewis Hamilton of culinary blogging, J. Kenji Lopez-Alt. If you go into a serious bizness cooking thread here, there will literally be multiple goons logged in for the sole purpose of curing you of related ignorance. I am one of them: KENJI SAYS THAT DISH SOAP WILL NOT REMOVE POLYMERIZED FAT, IDIOT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
use a fuckin grill

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

use a fuckin grill

I live in an apartment motherfucker, ain’t got no balcony for a grill

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
sell your apple garbage and move into a mansion

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I like shepherd's pie

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

sell your apple garbage and move into a mansion

I sold some ancient POS Mac Mini today for $250 🤷🏼‍♂️

Owning a home seems like too much effort. Especially after owning a condo

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Last Super Formula Championship round;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqHFq7eaF2k

Pole time (Nojiri, 1:19.972 - nearly as fast as the tail end 2008 F1 cars.)

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

The $3000 bottle of scotch certainly hammers it home

Regular 30yr is, maybe. 30yr Fine Oak is minimum $5000, at least in the US.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Go to youtube, search Kay's Cooking channel, simple as. The cooking channel so bad her son (who had to eat it) left home and started his own even sadder channel but I think he discovered fast food and is lost to British cooking history. Meanwhile Kay means well but has no idea what she's doing, I mean literally no idea.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Welcome to french style lockdown you London fools

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Zeta Acosta posted:

i dont know whats worse: the burned steak or the diet jack and coke. i mean what the gently caress

It’s the well done steak absolutely

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Well done steak is violence

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Thats no well done thats burned to the crisp

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

See this is why we never told you where the decent carveries are.

Anywhere where meats are kept warm by lamp light and you have to queue up to be served is automatically disqualified from being classed as "decent."

It's like saying a soup kitchen is gourmet.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Steak needs slight charring on the outside and blood on the inside, thanks for watching my TED talk.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

Anywhere where meats are kept warm by lamp light and you have to queue up to be served is automatically disqualified from being classed as "decent."

It's like saying a soup kitchen is gourmet.

still lolling at the suggestion that carveries are the height of british cuisine

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Roast meat and boiled vegetables are the height of British cuisine though? Anything else we stole from other people.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Theophany posted:

Did you catch the game last night?

Did you try the Lasagna? It's my favorite.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Lol, imagine defending this:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rectal Placenta posted:

I thought these were photos from a Denny’s at first

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
"Toad in the hole"
"Cullen skink"
"Haggis"
"Bubble and squeak"

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
No fried bread but otherwise totally fair.

I have this book which was voted on by the general public or something and it’s exactly as depressing as you would imagine https://www.amazon.co.uk/James-Martins-Great-British-Dinners/dp/0753715813/

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh sweet baby Jesus

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Rectal Placenta posted:

All of these things look delicious and the rest of the world is just jealous of our incredible idea of putting meat and gravy inside of pastry in every possible combination.

Our ability to over-engineer pastry and meat juices is almost certainly what has made us genetically predisposed to excelling in the production of overly engineered race cars.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

"Toad in the hole"
"Cullen skink"
"Haggis"
"Bubble and squeak"

I stayed in Cullen recently and the idea of fish in a milk soup aka Cullen Skink just could not be sold to me by any of the locals.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Azza Bamboo posted:

Steak needs slight charring on the outside and blood on the inside, thanks for watching my TED talk.

Like all ted talks, wrong

It isn't blood

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

CancerCakes posted:

It isn't blood

The gently caress do you know about how I kill my cows?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I'm going to my British friend's place for dinner tonight. We are having a Shepherds Pie. Thanks for reading.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Rectal Placenta posted:

Was planning on going for a big fry up today but then they locked us down last minute so all the greasy spoons are closed :saddowns:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Skarsnik posted:

Was planning on going for a big fry up today but then they locked us down last minute so all the greasy spoons are closed :saddowns:

What about the carveries?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

All gone, like gravy in the rain

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Skarsnik posted:

All gone, like gravy in the rain
*Looks at Covid Strain news*

Time to die.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... a yorkshire pudding stuffed and served like a taco, I watched a pigeon eating a discarded parmo off the pavement. All those moments gone now, like gravy... in rain. Time to pie.

*releases a sausages roll*

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... a yorkshire pudding stuffed and served like a taco, I watched a pigeon eating a discarded parmo off the pavement. All those moments gone now, like gravy... in rain. Time to pie.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1340778199228297217

get in there lewis

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
English cuisine should just be happy with the fact that a fry up with haggis, black pudding and mushy peas owns. Like, it's OK. Its not terrible.

Canada has poutine as its culinary contribution to the world.

The US contribution is diabetes and a TV show called 'My 600lb Life' which is notably not syndicated in a single other country on this planet yet they feel a need to educate everybody on food. :thunk:

Bottom line is that the best food comes from Europe (excluding France) and Asia.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Portuguese food is dire if you hate fish, as to a lesser extent is Spain’s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

The US contribution is diabetes and a TV show called 'My 600lb Life' which is notably not syndicated in a single other country on this planet yet they feel a need to educate everybody on food. :thunk:

That's right, our food is so good that people routinely eat themselves to death