Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Suicide Squad won an Oscar, which is more than any non-Black Panther Marvel movie can say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Edward Mass posted:

Suicide Squad won an Oscar, which is more than any non-Black Panther Marvel movie can say.

And it wasn't giving a handjob to the CIA either

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Darko posted:

Teen Titans Go was better than most comic movies, so thats not saying much really.

Agreed

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

Does Spiderverse’s “In association with Marvel Entertainment” count?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
"oscar award-winning movie suicide squad" is one of those great sentences for starting an argument

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Crows Turn Off posted:

I don't think Birds of Prey is an amazing movie or anything, but it is better than Suicide Squad.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead is the highlight of that movie and Id pay mega bucks to see more adventures involving her socially awkward assassin character.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Shageletic posted:

Mary Elizabeth Winstead is the highlight of that movie and Id pay mega bucks to see more adventures involving her socially awkward assassin character.

Her and the black mask/zsasz relationship were the highlights for me.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

The talent of the four leads was mega wasted.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

MacheteZombie posted:

Her and the black mask/zsasz relationship were the highlights for me.

I'm sure this is old news but originally the diamond everyone's after had pictures of Black Mask doing gay stuff that he was embarrassed about which would have made the motivations of Black Mask make way more sense.

Violator
May 15, 2003

ungulateman posted:

"oscar award-winning movie suicide squad" is one of those great sentences for starting an argument

The movies Steve Mnuchin produced make for terrible trivia. BvS, Wonder Woman, Lego Batman, Suicide Squad, Conjuring 2, Man from UNCLE, Fury Road, Edge of Tomorrow, and about 35 more.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Shageletic posted:

How long before every Scott Pilgrim cast member is a superhero? It's just a matter of time Anna Kendrick and Aubrey Plaza.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Aubrey Plaza had Legion and she ruled

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Would love to see Jemaine as a super hero/villain. He would have done well as the Grandmaster.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Aubrey Plaza had Legion and she ruled

LOL yeah, forgot about that one.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

The MSJ posted:

How long before every Scott Pilgrim cast member is a superhero? It's just a matter of time Anna Kendrick and Aubrey Plaza.

Anna Kendrick was Santa's daughter in Noelle. Does that count?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The MSJ posted:

They haven't gotten Schwartzman, at least not yet.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I found myself bored with Birds of Prey, it got so far up it’s own rear end of being WACKY and the action scenes were terrible.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Shageletic posted:

Batman: Bloody Jewelry
https://tubedubber.com/?q=pb-9As7YzwY:5_Q1rXhHL6g:0:100:52:0:1

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Birds is decent but it's not as good as SS

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Margot Robbie's Harley was the highlight of SS, so I logically conclude that Birds of Prey is the better movie by having more Margoe Robbie Harley.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I really liked Birds of Prey, but I haven't seen Suicide Squad so I can't compare them. It was fun though!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The action scenes in Birds of Prey ruled, though everything at the police precinct, holding cells, and evidence lockup was the best, the last action scene in the amusement park was the weakest one, suffered from your standard group of people beating up nameless useless goons that seem to pose no actual threat.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The MSJ posted:

Anna Kendrick has super reflexes in Mr. Right.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The action scenes in BoP acted like they had more energy than they actually had. They had all this flourish and stuff to highlight things that were directed kind of mundane - it was weird.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I don't know if this was ever actually confirmed before or just speculated, but Patty confirms executive meddling changed the 3rd act of WW

https://twitter.com/theSNYDERVERSE/status/1340430002152730626?s=20

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

McCloud posted:

I don't know if this was ever actually confirmed before or just speculated, but Patty confirms executive meddling changed the 3rd act of WW

Makes sense. I don't mind it, but lol, it had to be Johns again I bet.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
‘Suicide Squad’ is now the official term for any team of superheroes.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

‘Suicide Squad’ is now the official term for any team of superheroes.

Always has been, why do you think he asked what they were, some kind of Suicide Squad?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

McCloud posted:

Just to be clear for anyone worried about spoilers: This is referencing the first movie, not WW84.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Some random fan made an image of Daniel Radcliffe in a Wolverine costume and suddenly I want to see that happen only if it’s a one off that takes place in Deadpool

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

They should have CGed Jacked Man shorter.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I want to see Logan with one of the original ideas for actors for Wolverine in X-Men, way back when: Danny DeVito

Violator
May 15, 2003

Gatts posted:

Some random fan made an image of Daniel Radcliffe in a Wolverine costume and suddenly I want to see that happen only if it’s a one off that takes place in Deadpool

Well where’s the image?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Violator posted:

Well where’s the image?

I'm less interested in the lovely fan made images versus the thought of a bugs out performance by Daniel Radcliffe as Logan.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

why would someone make this

Uatu The Lurker
Sep 14, 2003

I can say no more!
Already I have over stayed my time in this ephemeral sphere!
because its cool as hell he looks like johnny five aces

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

well why not posted:

why would someone make this

Art doesn't need a why.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
It would be a shame to have a wolverine/deadpool movie without a huge jacked man.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Freakazoid_ posted:

It would be a shame to have a wolverine/deadpool movie without a huge jacked man.

I feel like Deadpool is the only thing I’d really want Hugh Jackman as Wolverine back for. Especially if they give him a musical number when Deadpool inevitably gets a claw to the brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Someone went through the trouble of giving him the hair, the claws, and a costume... but he's smoking a cigarette?

They should do Nightcrawler next. The blue skin, the fingers, and a tail with a bob on the end like Phil, The Prince of Insufficient Light.