Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ultiville posted:

OTOH if you don't do online research you're not necessarily going to figure any of this out, doubly so because the book quests are some of the better structure leveling up and they want you to do artifact domains a few times sub-30.

looking at that chapter, it would unlock between AR20-25 with some pretty easy enemy lineups and almost no negative Leyline Disorders for the players. even waiting to AR30 only gives access to one more domain (lowest level Zhou) which also has no negative LD and a simple enemy lineup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

AParadox posted:

All f2p have guaranteed access to xiangling and barbara and most should have fischl and noele. Fischl and xiangling can carry most domains vulnerable to their element and if not, switch to a strong phys build using easily accessible weapons(crescent pike and slingshot). Barbara can deal with pyro shields when they come up heal up the team.

Fischl is no longer available, so you have to keep that in mind for the future as new players join. Again, the more characters the more resource constrained they will get up to speed for each domain.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Man, they've really kept the things under wraps this time. Do we still not know the next featured 4*s?

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

dogsicle posted:

looking at that chapter, it would unlock between AR20-25 with some pretty easy enemy lineups and almost no negative Leyline Disorders for the players. even waiting to AR30 only gives access to one more domain (lowest level Zhou) which also has no negative LD and a simple enemy lineup.

I'm not saying it's hard to do those, of course they're easy, like everything at that point. My point is that if the developer intent is that you don't do artifact domains until much later, that's not communicated well in-game, both because they unlock at those low levels that aren't really worth doing, and because they explicitly give you a quest to do them.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

gandlethorpe posted:

Man, they've really kept the things under wraps this time. Do we still not know the next featured 4*s?

We know who the new character is, but we don't know anything about them detail wise, or what existing characters will fill out the banner.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
I'm pretty sure that developer intent is just for you to farm whatever you feel like you need to at the time, and if that's "inefficient" then all the better because you will run out of content a bit slower. I don't think it will really matter that much in the long run.

S.J. posted:

We know who the new character is, but we don't know anything about them detail wise, or what existing characters will fill out the banner.

there is an in-game event preview that shows off his skills and some of the new areas. I'm assuming that we won't be getting new 4*s since none have appeared in promo material and we're 3 days away from the update.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

YES bread posted:

there is an in-game event preview that shows off his skills and some of the new areas. I'm assuming that we won't be getting new 4*s since none have appeared in promo material and we're 3 days away from the update.

They were asking about previews and leaks though, the new 4* character already got leaked a while ago for Albedo's banner. It is weird they haven't put a trailer together yet, but the last 4* trailer basically told us nothing and the Zhongli banner just gave people a lot of people to complain about him

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ultiville posted:

I'm not saying it's hard to do those, of course they're easy, like everything at that point. My point is that if the developer intent is that you don't do artifact domains until much later, that's not communicated well in-game, both because they unlock at those low levels that aren't really worth doing, and because they explicitly give you a quest to do them.

because those domains only unlock at AR22 i think it's mostly meant to raise awareness that they exist at all, similar to the prior tasks for Abyss and weapon domains, and clearing them will help facilitate the artifact leveling tasks too. the game definitely lacks straightforward communication on resource management so i'd agree on that. artifacts are probably one of the better resin traps to fall into overall because even 4* are useful and you need tons of fodder.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

S.J. posted:

They were asking about previews and leaks though, the new 4* character already got leaked a while ago for Albedo's banner. It is weird they haven't put a trailer together yet, but the last 4* trailer basically told us nothing and the Zhongli banner just gave people a lot of people to complain about him

we actually don't know whether that character is going to be on albedo's banner or that they even are a 4* though

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

dogsicle posted:

because those domains only unlock at AR22 i think it's mostly meant to raise awareness that they exist at all, similar to the prior tasks for Abyss and weapon domains, and clearing them will help facilitate the artifact leveling tasks too. the game definitely lacks straightforward communication on resource management so i'd agree on that. artifacts are probably one of the better resin traps to fall into overall because even 4* are useful and you need tons of fodder.

Sure, and I think it's also probably the case that they didn't think about it that much and mostly just intend you to do whatever you feel like and think you need, and that having a wider variety of content is a good thing rather than encouraging you to min/max the resin. Particularly because there's no real point to doing so. I was just skeptical of the idea that MHY "expects" people to minmax that at all given the ingame guidance doesn't encourage it. I don't think it should, because I think that's probably a very niche thing to worry about.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Andrast posted:

we actually don't know whether that character is going to be on albedo's banner or that they even are a 4* though

I know we don't *know* this, I'm just saying that's what the leaks have been

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

S.J. posted:

I know we don't *know* this, I'm just saying that's what the leaks have been

The leaks havent said at all (well, at least any of the even slightly credible ones).

All of the banner placement stuff has been 100% speculation

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Andrast posted:

The leaks havent said at all (well, at least any of the even slightly credible ones).

All of the banner placement stuff has been 100% speculation

Uh, yes they did? It's been a few weeks now but yes they definitely have

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Zeniiet deleted the post of banner images that leaked, which would point towards it being unreliable if not fake. may still be out in the wild on Reddit but with the official announcement of the banners close we may as well wait

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
really looking forward to being able to play this like an actual open world RPG again, at least for a few days. i'm so ready to open chests again

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I'm working on equipping my Noelle to help out with the Childe boss fight since I can barely pass it by the skin of my teeth. Do we know if the new claymore in 1.2 is going to be support oriented? I'm probably going to go Whiteblind, and I've got two prototypes, but I don't want to waste one like I did with my sword prototypes...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Space Opera posted:

I'm working on equipping my Noelle to help out with the Childe boss fight since I can barely pass it by the skin of my teeth. Do we know if the new claymore in 1.2 is going to be support oriented? I'm probably going to go Whiteblind, and I've got two prototypes, but I don't want to waste one like I did with my sword prototypes...

All the weapons were datamined ages ago. This is the new claymore

https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/db/weapon/snow_tombed_starsilver/

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Space Opera posted:

After thinking that fight is super tedious for like three weeks I finally put in some absolutely minimal effort in studying it and discovered that (rather unsurprisingly) he has hydro and electro RES out the wazoo - seriously, in phase 3 he has 70% RES to both of them. Switching comps from ones involving Keqing, Fischl and Mona to a Xiangling/Fischl/Diona/Bennett melt/superconduct comp just made the entire thing absolutely trivial. I feel really dumb now but welp, never too late to learn I guess. You might not be having the same problem at all but I figured it couldn't hurt to share.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Dec 21, 2020

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Space Opera posted:

Whiteblind is going to be much better for Noelle than the new craftable Claymore.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

TheFluff posted:

After thinking that fight is super tedious for like three weeks I finally put in some absolutely minimal effort in studying it and discovered he has hydro and electro RES out the wazoo - seriously, in phase 3 he has 70% RES to both of them. Switching comps from ones involving Keqing, Fischl and Mona to a Xiangling/Diona/Bennett melt comp just made the entire thing absolutely trivial. I feel really dumb now but welp, never too late to learn I guess.

Gouba is a Childe murderer :getin:

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

TheFluff posted:

After thinking that fight is super tedious for like three weeks I finally put in some absolutely minimal effort in studying it and discovered that (rather unsurprisingly) he has hydro and electro RES out the wazoo - seriously, in phase 3 he has 70% RES to both of them. Switching comps from ones involving Keqing, Fischl and Mona to a Xiangling/Fischl/Diona/Bennett melt/superconduct comp just made the entire thing absolutely trivial. I feel really dumb now but welp, never too late to learn I guess. You might not be having the same problem at all but I figured it couldn't hurt to share.

Actually this does help, as I use Fischl for a lot of my dps when I'm too scared to get close. I should be able to do a melt team, I'll have to see if that works better for me!

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Tae posted:

All the weapons were datamined ages ago. This is the new claymore

https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/db/weapon/snow_tombed_starsilver/

Thanks, I couldnt remember what it was called and google was failing me. I keep forgetting about that site

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

so apparently 1.2 will change Sundays from "useless" farming day to player's choice

quote:

5. Adjusts the daily rotation criteria of Domain of Forgery and Domain of Mastery: From Monday to Saturday, rewards will not change, and dropped items will rotate among the three types each day. On Sundays, the drop type will no longer be random. Instead, all three types of drops will now be available for Travelers to select for their challenges. (For example, in the Domain of Mastery "Forsaken Rift," Monday and Thursday drops will be Talent Level-Up Materials of the Freedom type. On Tuesdays and Fridays, Resistance-type materials will be dropped. On Wednesdays and Saturdays, Ballad-type materials will be dropped. On Sundays, Travelers can select which of the three types of materials will be dropped during the challenges.

other details in the full post https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/7567

also just noticed this, relevant to posts from a few pages ago:

quote:

13. Adds new weapon details display to the weapon event wish on the Wish screen. Travelers can view details about the 4-star and 5-star weapons with drop-rate boosts.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Dec 21, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

quote:

Floor 12: All party members deal increased Geo DMG.

Lol, that's one way to buff Geo.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

dogsicle posted:

so apparently 1.2 will change Sundays from "useless" farming day to player's choice

thank god

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

gandlethorpe posted:

As a non-Geo user who hasn't made it past 11-1 yet this is devastating.

e: the revamped floors 9 and 10 sound way less obnoxious than current, though. The constant burning on 10 is atrocious.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

New weapon details

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

pictured: new spear being very useful

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Apparently there's a new world quest called "Return of the Jade Chamber?" I'm hoping it does actually come back, I only had it for a day or two and it was pretty high effort.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

gandlethorpe posted:

I wonder how many patches will be spent trying to make reddit happy about ZL.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh so keeping up with Abyss is gonna be some weird arms-race with Miyoho huh. I feel like spending waayyy less with the game now

Arleneth
Apr 28, 2010

No Wave posted:

Apparently there's a new world quest called "Return of the Jade Chamber?" I'm hoping it does actually come back, I only had it for a day or two and it was pretty high effort.

There is a reference to a "Fishing for Jade" Story Quest being added at a later date, so I would not be surprised if that turns out to be a Ningguang character quest.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Sheer Cold is either going to be a mostly inconsequential mechanic or insanely annoying and having multiple floors of Spiral Abyss and the new domain utilizing the feature makes me concerned because if it's the latter it's going to make everything about endgame progression absurdly stupid.

At least we know they'll rotate Spiral Abyss!

No Wave posted:

quote:

◆ New World Quest: "Return of the Jade Chamber?"

*The Story Quest "Fishing for Jade" will also become available at a later date.
I think Ningguang is literally going to pull her house out of the ocean with a crane or something.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I stopped doing the abyss after like the second reset. There's absolutely nothing fun about it. Not worth the primos.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Arms race? The abyss was always supposed to rotate. I don't enjoy Geo, I think it sucks rear end and isn't fun, but I do prefer that the abyss actually changes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I appreciate them showing off the claymore with a Phys% sub stat on.....Chong of all people

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

THE BIG NEWS:

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1340869603161821186

A GOOD rear end BANNER! Except for the five star guy.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Tae posted:

I appreciate them showing off the claymore with a Phys% sub stat on.....Chong of all people

Between this, Xiangling saving the hilichurl from the icicle, and using Barbara to showcase an attack catalyst. Choices...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'll also mention:

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1340869606525693952

The weapon banner 4*s are extremely good. Sacrificial Fragments, Favonious Greatsword, Stringless (!!!), Favonious Sword, Favonious Lance. All really good 4*s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

No Wave posted:

THE BIG NEWS:

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1340869603161821186

A GOOD rear end BANNER! Except for the five star guy.

Okay well I feel much better about saving my primos for a while now. :v:

I even want Albedo to test him with Ningguang!