Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/CheriJacobus/status/1339575404194131968

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

always lol at remembering the vape & steam gift cards guy

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

isn't he also the downton abbey office guy

nope that was aaron schock of Iowa, my bad

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

11 months in jail.

Yet of you steal 1,000+ from a company ala grand larceny it's potentially years in jail.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

11 months in jail.

Yet of you steal 1,000+ from a company ala grand larceny it's potentially years in jail.

There's people serving multi-year sentences for nonviolent possession

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Jaxyon posted:

the things they possessed may have encouraged Wrongthink tho

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

11 months in jail.

He's guilty of stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars from the sort of people who would vote for him. A nearly victimless crime if you ask me.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Jaxyon posted:

I know man. I was a weed guy before legalization. I've seen folks get raided and jailed because their weed was in a ziploc bag. Aka intent to distribute.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

TheAgent posted:

one of my closest friends, a nurse who works in the respiratory and cardiac units at Hoag Hospital in Orange County, sent me this last night

this morning on her first shift

things here are completely hosed. stay fuckin indoors.

jfc

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
We are getting absolutely pummeled by the aftermath of all the traveling and gathering for Thanksgiving right now. And unfortunately it's probably going to happen all over again mid January thanks to Christmas. :sigh:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Sydin posted:

We are getting absolutely pummeled by the aftermath of all the traveling and gathering for Thanksgiving right now. And unfortunately it's probably going to happen all over again mid January thanks to Christmas. :sigh:

My local ice rink shut down for a couple months in the beginning, but since September as been going full loving steam with adult league games. There's roughly 60-65 teams of up to 18 players each that play across 7 nights a week. Only a small handful of teams (mine included. I told the rink to gently caress off) decided to opt out this season. It's loving mindblowing how many people don't give 2 dusty fucks about this and think that 20 dudes breathing heavily on each other for 75 minutes isn't a big deal. The rink shut down league games for 1 week a while back due to a positive test, but there's been many more positive tests and they keep their foot on the gas and keep it open. Mindblowing.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
she's now on a triple shift without going home. 36 hours. most of the staff is the same. might have to work up to 48 hours straight without going home. they don't have adequate PPE for her in one of the richest places in the world

told her I'd get drunk with her again sometime when its safe. her reply:

"if I am alive"

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Should be triple that length but I'll still toast to it.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/12/19/for-small-bay-area-landlords-some-tenants-are-leaving-long-term-covid-scars/

Won't somebody think of the landlords :cry:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Landlord Shoes.

And what the hell is wrong with his fence

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

dude this story is a trip lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
greetings it is I, humble immigrant moving to beautiful america to be of making my america dream. I coming from old country with only clothes on back, accordion of family tradition, and one billion dollar to be of purchase triplex for becoming how you say "lord of land"

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Smythe posted:

greetings it is I, humble immigrant moving to beautiful america to be of making my america dream. I coming from old country with only clothes on back, accordion of family tradition, and one billion dollar to be of purchase triplex for becoming how you say "lord of land"

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
He bought a triplex but he doesn't even live in it. He has a 2nd property "Wu said the rent he receives from his two other units doesn’t cover his monthly mortgage"

take boat
Jul 8, 2006
boat: TAKEN

Smythe posted:

lol, but also if I read this right, lol at someone wanting $12,000 to move out

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

take boat posted:

That’s significantly less than my attorney was encouraging other clients to take right before COVID. 12k is nothing in SF.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
How the gently caress do you charge over $30,000/yr for what's in the picture. Jesus.

I guess I am too used to the prices of way up north.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Lol, really got a kick out of seeing the Ameriboos cosplaying as Greasers or Cowboys or whatever in the park when I visited Japan.

On a less Lol note

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeterVroom1/status/1340536535133933569

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sincx fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 23, 2021

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Smythe posted:

dude this story is a trip lol

For the record, trolling responders on this story in other forums has been a delight.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Smythe posted:

this Perfect Strangers reboot loving sucks

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Charlz Guybon posted:

Lol, really got a kick out of seeing the Ameriboos cosplaying as Greasers or Cowboys or whatever in the park when I visited Japan.

On a less Lol note

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeterVroom1/status/1340536535133933569

OPEN 'ER UP!

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
I MUST VISIT FAMILY FOR THANKSGIVING.

Can't wait to see the numbers skyrocket after Christmas. Whole lot of selfish fucks in this country.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

take boat posted:

Maybe I'm a sucker, but in all my years of renting just not paying rent and then saying "maybe I'll move out if you pay me 5 figures to do so" never occurred to me.

Smythe posted:

At least you didn't replace the "l"s with "r"s I guess. :staredog:

DeadlyMuffin fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 21, 2020

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

DeadlyMuffin posted:

At least you didn't replace the "l"s with "r"s I guess. :staredog:

Oddly enough I read that in Borat voice.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It was clearly meant to be a hilarious Borat voice, not a racist Chinese caricature.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
Anyone who moves to California, a place with a well known endemic homeless problem to be a loving landlord and then complain publicly in the newspaper can gently caress right off.

I hope they lose it all and have to get an actual loving job.

Berkeley has unusually good rights for renters so having people be payed to move out is not that uncommon. The purpose is to offset the incredible difficulty and expense of finding housing in the area.

It’s just the flip side of the coin to renters having to break a lease early to move. No idea why anyone would cry tears for landlords of all people.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Marketing New Brain posted:

Anyone who moves to California, a place with a well known endemic homeless problem to be a loving landlord and then complain publicly in the newspaper can gently caress right off.

I hope they lose it all and have to get an actual loving job.

Berkeley has unusually good rights for renters so having people be payed to move out is not that uncommon. The purpose is to offset the incredible difficulty and expense of finding housing in the area.

It’s just the flip side of the coin to renters having to break a lease early to move. No idea why anyone would cry tears for landlords of all people.

Journalists these days tend to come from wealthy families because it takes a shitload of unpaid and underpaid work to break into a career reporting news for a living and trustfunds to cover rent are a must. Makes sense they’d sympathize with a rich person suffering from less than optimal profit.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I wonder if the reporter is going for rage clicks or if this is really a "sincere" angle. Who the gently caress describes someone who moved here to speculate on real estate as "following the American Dream" or "making a living."

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

As above, someone whose family contains landlords.

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Maybe I'm a sucker, but in all my years of renting just not paying rent and then saying "maybe I'll move out if you pay me 5 figures to do so" never occurred to me.

Contracts often include clauses for breaking them. People wishing to break contracts without such clauses often offer money to the other party.
Some cities in California have rent control and tenant protection laws that empower tenants at the expense of landlords. This enables the tenant to demand money in exchange for moving out instead of simply accepting an eviction and the theft of their security deposit.

you would be a sucker to not use laws to your advantage. your landlord is using them against you.

Greg12 fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Dec 21, 2020

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Journalists these days tend to come from wealthy families because it takes a shitload of unpaid and underpaid work to break into a career reporting news for a living and trustfunds to cover rent are a must. Makes sense they’d sympathize with a rich person suffering from less than optimal profit.

Vox Nihili posted:

I wonder if the reporter is going for rage clicks or if this is really a "sincere" angle. Who the gently caress describes someone who moved here to speculate on real estate as "following the American Dream" or "making a living."

The Mercury News is a former conservative rag that shifted to a sort of Lincoln Project style liberalism in the wake of Trump. They love crying about landlords and small business and our brave boys in blue fighting for you against rampant gang violence.

If you're looking for actual San Jose news check out San Jose Spotlight or San Jose Inside.

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

Sydin posted:

The Mercury News is a former conservative rag that shifted to a sort of Lincoln Project style liberalism in the wake of Trump. They love crying about landlords and small business and our brave boys in blue fighting for you against rampant gang violence.

If you're looking for actual San Jose news check out San Jose Spotlight or San Jose Inside.

:gary webb single tear:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Sydin posted:

I subscribed to mercury news once to get a giants sweater.

It was not a good decision at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Sydin posted:

I'm pretty sure they were bought out by a conglomerate and ceased to have any sort of real editorial identity years ago (which probably just means they adopted an even more conservative tone).