Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
12 man tag 7 10.29%
Kenny vs Joey 19 27.94%
Deeb and Swole vs Diamante and Ivelisse 8 11.76%
Hardy Party vs The Good the Bad and the Hungy 34 50.00%
Total: 68 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

ICR posted:

If you want to see a snippet of how Caster is taking some of his feedback and criticism:

https://twitter.com/castershow/status/1340144760015695873?s=21

so hes just antagonizing women now cool

cmon man i want to like you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

collocation posted:

I like Sammy G. I'm not trying to like reach for a pitchfork or anything. I know that endorsements aren't always easy to get. But does Sammy still promote Bang?

I knew that the CEO was a big Trump donor, but if they're involved with TPUSA, they're lovely in ways that I did not previously know.

https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1340759909575606272

https://www.mediaite.com/weird/conservatives-decry-tpusa-conference-for-having-bang-girls-blast-free-cash-at-teenaged-attendees/

who loving gives a poo poo. tpusa are dumbfucks who don't deserve the time of day.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Dec 21, 2020

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

I was watching the Dark Order vs. Bear Country match everyone was talking about and man, that match some bizarre Taz commentary.

At one point he said the combined weight of the competitors in the match was "two, three, four thousand pounds"

He also said he wants to wrestle a real life bear, "Even in my 50's, I'd still shoot on em. I'd stretch em."

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

karmicknight posted:

All in all I don't get what point you are trying to make? If you are going to split hairs between Trump supporting CEOs and TPUSA supporting CEOs do it in D&D or CSPAM where they presumably have opinions about that. If this is about Sammy taking money from Bang, I don't know if we ever knew if he was taking money from it or not.

I wasn't aware that corporate and/or political ties of wrestlers were something that we were not allowed to discuss here. If someone is actively promoting the products of a company that funds far right causes, of any kind, it's generally not ideal. That's why I asked if he still did it.

I wasn't saying that he was a bad guy or that he even knew about it. Bang came up in my feed for the first time since I searched them to see about ordering some after seeing them on his vlog and deciding not to because they seemed lovely. It made me curious. That's all.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Fish Of Doom posted:

I was watching the Dark Order vs. Bear Country match everyone was talking about and man, that match some bizarre Taz commentary.

At one point he said the combined weight of the competitors in the match was "two, three, four thousand pounds"

He also said he wants to wrestle a real life bear, "Even in my 50's, I'd still shoot on em. I'd stretch em."

Taz's commentary is the main reason to watch Dark

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Rarity posted:

Taz's commentary is the main reason to watch Dark

I was not super high on signing Taz when it happened. I was very wrong.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

shiksa posted:

so hes just antagonizing women now cool

cmon man i want to like you.

To be fair rap for the longest time has had some way more then questionable lines, the guy might just be an idiot who grew up listening to much much worse so he thinks of its rap it's fair game.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

smarxist posted:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1340809726104363014

wednesday is going to owwwwwnn

also gosh Top Flight is getting the moon push

Some of it will but Uno and The Butcher both in singles matches on the same card will be awful. They are both dyed-in-the-wool tag wrestlers. Well, in Butcher's only singles match he looked like he was dying in the Florida heat so maybe this will go better.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

His Abolish Ice poster is Good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Starting to think we're being worked here :thunkher:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Yukaichiban posted:

To be fair rap for the longest time has had some way more then questionable lines, the guy might just be an idiot who grew up listening to much much worse so he thinks of its rap it's fair game.

people generally are aware of the stuff that comes out of their mouths (at the very least after the fact). i think he just needs someone to go 'yo while you're signed can you at least try to drop the misogyny/homophobia from your freestyle' and hold him to that. or at least don't talk about how people on twitter are trying to cancel you.

(also, like, don't go 'hey well basically all rap is that bad so maybe he thinks he's doing a good job :)' because that just shows how poo poo of a view you have on an entire genre of music)

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

collocation posted:

I wasn't aware that corporate and/or political ties of wrestlers were something that we were not allowed to discuss here. If someone is actively promoting the products of a company that funds far right causes, of any kind, it's generally not ideal. That's why I asked if he still did it.

I wasn't saying that he was a bad guy or that he even knew about it. Bang came up in my feed for the first time since I searched them to see about ordering some after seeing them on his vlog and deciding not to because they seemed lovely. It made me curious. That's all.

A huge amount of people are blissfully unaware of all the horrible poo poo that any given corporation that produces a product they like are most likely up to.

Fish Of Doom posted:

Yeah, Taz is the best.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Vetting the companies you purchase your stuff from A: Is a full time job and B: Will likely destroy your soul when you realize they're all awful and you're not allowed to buy anything without feeling like poo poo about it. No ethical consumption under capitalism. Of course endorsement deals are a little different.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Put this in every op @massrafter

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

ICR posted:

If you want to see a snippet of how Caster is taking some of his feedback and criticism:

https://twitter.com/castershow/status/1340144760015695873?s=21

This is good

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Good Dustin could be Vision in the AAA/Marvel crossover. Never bothered with Endgame pt. II

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Vanilla Ice or ICE?

I've heard it both ways.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

ChrisBTY posted:

Some of it will but Uno and The Butcher both in singles matches on the same card will be awful. They are both dyed-in-the-wool tag wrestlers. Well, in Butcher's only singles match he looked like he was dying in the Florida heat so maybe this will go better.

Uno is a very good singles wrestler and Butcher tried really hard despite the humidity nearly killing him. Neither match will be a classic, but they'll be solid fun.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

I appreciate that commentary covers for Big Butch getting blown up by putting him over as a “power guy that needs to win fast or else he’s toast.” In his solo match with Moxley he dominated for a bit but Moxley clearly won by running the guy ragged. It’s why he’s primarily a tag guy (since Blade can carry the match and give Butch a break here and there to catch his breath).

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Where is this "Uno is a bad singles wrestler" thing coming from? I've always thoroughly enjoyed his work in the ring and he can emote so well for a guy whose face is always behind a mask.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

People who have only watched him wrestle tag matches and assume that’s all he can do

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If you think Bang energy is bad wait till you find out how much money TNTs parent company has donated to Trump and the GOP.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

explosivo posted:

Where is this "Uno is a bad singles wrestler" thing coming from? I've always thoroughly enjoyed his work in the ring and he can emote so well for a guy whose face is always behind a mask.

I haven't seen a bad Uno singles match in AEW.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

explosivo posted:

Stu is the standout of the team and Uno's a bit chubby so people assume he sucks

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Rarity posted:

Stu is the standout of the team and Uno's a bit chubby so people assume he sucks

Uno is a thicc BBW (Big Beautiful Wrestler) and he should wrestle without a shirt again.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

He has 4 moves. Side Slam, Big Boot, That 'catch a kick into a neckbreaker' and a Senton. Aside from transition stuff like punches, eyegouges, irish whips and clotheslines I've never seen him do anything else.

His tag spots with Stu however are Quebecers level of awesome and yes that is a compliment. Those guys had some great tandem offense.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Dec 21, 2020

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ChrisBTY posted:

He has 4 moves. Side Slam, Big Boot, That 'catch a kick into a neckbreaker' and a Senton.
Maybe he’ll also develop Teabagging Jim Cornette

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Best Friends as Ghosts of Christmas is tremendous stuff.

ChrisBTY posted:

He has 4 moves. Side Slam, Big Boot, That 'catch a kick into a neckbreaker' and a Senton.

Did I timewarp back to 2008 and a "John Cena sucks" argument broke out?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ChrisBTY posted:

He has 4 moves. Side Slam, Big Boot, That 'catch a kick into a neckbreaker' and a Senton. Aside from transition stuff like punches, eyegouges, irish whips and clotheslines I've never seen him do anything else.

Cannonball

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

you dont need to do a million moves to be good at wrestling

shingo only does lariats, his sick straight punch and made in japan/last of the dragon and he owns.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

MassRafTer posted:

Did I timewarp back to 2008 and a "John Cena sucks" argument broke out?

Yes.
Cena sucks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ItohRespectArmy posted:

you dont need to do a million moves to be good at wrestling

shingo only does lariats, his sick straight punch and made in japan/last of the dragon and he owns.

People get caught up in the "cool moves" part of wrestling and forget it might be even more important to "act like a bad rear end" and my friend Player Uno is ever so bad rear end.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

New BTE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AmbimArBAs

Lots of good Dark Order stuff, great Matt Hardy promo, a new challenger for Silver, the dream couple is back together, Kaz gets visited by three ghosts, and lots of other good stuff.

Also in sad news, Rocky is dead to Trent.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Great BTE, Kazarian's final scene was really funny.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

everyone's saying it. all the people. they're saying and doing

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Rarity posted:

This is what I read. He gets the comparison to Stu, who is workrate city and has a great physique.

The takes I read on why people don’t like Uno, always always always comes down to his build/look. I’ve read a few that try to do a comparison to Kevin Owens and yeah, KO is better.

Uno is fine though. And let’s be real, his finisher is loving awesome.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

Yes.
Cena sucks.

Let's go Cena.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I have never laughed so hard at a Being the Elite.

"Christmas Expert" Colt Cabana + Anna finally breaking openly + Hangman the Musical! + Kaz's amazing journey + Kris/OC being loving adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I can't believe they loving paid off the Griff Garrison bit. Absolutely incredible.