Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
He's probably just pissy that the main menu doesn't change like in some Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid games after it's done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Nani?!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Fire this new QA tester immediately for questioning my decisions.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

the dev is a goon and reading this thread, he just noticed that the dimension he's in houses NEET

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Slumpy posted:

the dev is a goon and reading this thread, he just noticed that the dimension he's in houses NEET

Can't be, he has a neet doll on his desk

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

TheAardvark posted:

Fire this new QA tester immediately for questioning my decisions.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Someone call OSHA, that cord is a tripping hazard

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
This nii guy has an eye for detail, real promotion material

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

This nii guy has an eye for detail, real promotion material

The most innocent developments in NEET's life (like submitting a report, eating a bowl of soup) fill me with anxiety. I'm half expecting his recommendation to be rejected, hurling him into a spiral of doom that ends in a suicide bombing.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

So uh, did he write the report in pen, scan it in, and then email it to the devs?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Hot Stunt posted:

So uh, did he write the report in pen, scan it in, and then email it to the devs?

I see you aren't familiar with the hyper-efficient ways of a Japanese office.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

i really like that this branch has occasions that actually make me smile.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

"He's working hard, that one" translation: this loving pendantic rear end in a top hat keeps nitpicking my code, he needs to gently caress off

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

CodfishCartographer posted:

"He's working hard, that one" translation: this loving pendantic rear end in a top hat keeps nitpicking my code, he needs to gently caress off

He also did the pushing up the glasses thing that happens before someone gets hosed up. Also kinda looks like hes powering up, you can see his chi outline

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lmao at the anime glasses push.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

SirSamVimes posted:

Lmao at the anime glasses push.

Just according to keikaku*

*Keikaku means plan

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Helios Grime posted:

Just according to keikaku*

*Keikaku means plan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paTW3wOyIYw&t=10s

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
That's a very polite bug report.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That's how I write my bug reports.

Oh God, I'm NEET!

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Can't imagine a world where a tester writes "thank you" in a bug, unless it's passive aggressively in a comment

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It's not a bug report. It's a request.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
To be fair, it's also hard to imagine a non-lead/manager tester submitting a suggestion and not having it closed on the spot lmao

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

He forgot to ask the dev to do the needful. Amateur.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i think it's just standard japanese politeness in the request. for all we know all bug tickets have a prefilled "thank you for your consideration" or whatever

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 23, 2020

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Space Kablooey posted:

i think it's just standard japanese politeness in the request. for all we know all bug tickets have a prefilled "thank you for your consideration" or whatever

Yeah that's what I figured. Still funny looking at it from an American tester point of view, where the qa and dev teams are often in direct opposition with each other lmao

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Does Quality Assurance literally only entail bug testing? There must be tons of ergonomic or human-machine-interface standards and best practices that should be checked for compliance. Like making sure that there are sufficient presets for different kinds of colorblindness, that subtitles are legible, that your game doesn't trigger seizures (CDPR excluded), and so on. There is an entire industry devoted to human factors engineering. Does that fall under the umbrella of dev or qa?

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Most action I've seen in a long time

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Lord Stimperor posted:

Does Quality Assurance literally only entail bug testing? There must be tons of ergonomic or human-machine-interface standards and best practices that should be checked for compliance. Like making sure that there are sufficient presets for different kinds of colorblindness, that subtitles are legible, that your game doesn't trigger seizures (CDPR excluded), and so on. There is an entire industry devoted to human factors engineering. Does that fall under the umbrella of dev or qa?

Highly variable across companies; historically that poo poo only got done if someone somewhere in the team had a personal interest in it. If it were an industry standard, CDPR wouldn't have happened over a decade out from pokemon seizures.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Lord Stimperor posted:

There's a joke I've heard among QA teams that the job shouldn't be called Quality Assurance, but rather Functional Assurance. In theory, it's QA's job to not just point out bugs, but also point out parts of the game that aren't user friendly, parts where the difficulty or balance feel off, and really anything that would make the game "better". Unfortunately though, in many (most?) companies QA is just there to ensure that the game is functionally sound. There are many reasons for this - animosity between QA and dev teams, QA not starting in full on projects until it's too late to make major changes, the stigma that QA teams are filled with underpaid labor that doesn't care about their job and thus shouldn't be trusted with game design decisions, etc.

The ironic part is that the companies that will take QA suggestions seriously are often the ones that need them the least, since it shows their upper management and dev teams are taking others into consideration so they probably already have a good eye for user friendly design.

So to directly answer your question, it falls under the devs to design the user experience to be as friendly as possible. QA can write up tickets with suggestions for improvement, but these are often ignored by devs, closed by leads/producers before getting to devs, or entirely discouraged from the start.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Awww, look at him go!

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
Whoops that quick code change caused 400 regressions that won't get retested before release.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

Whoops that quick code change caused 400 regressions that won't get retested before release.

Or Tohru has to regression test all those cases again.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

azurite posted:

Oh that's even better :munch:

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

azurite posted:

If he does they might give him a picture in the credits. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!