Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

kyojin posted:

the best part of this is that many, indeed most, of those local MPs will be tories

mind you presumably anyone who's still a member of this rotting loving corpse of a party would be happy with that

I'm still a member.
Although that's mostly because my kink is punching myself in the balls

[edit]
The 121 bus in London terminates at Enfield Island Village, just down the road from where the Enfield (Royal Small Arms) Factory used to be.
From back in the day when the government actually produced things other than poo poo (in this case: bullets to kill foreigners)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

kingturnip posted:

I'm still a member.

[edit]
The 121 bus in London terminates at Enfield Island Village, just down the road from where the Enfield (Royal Small Arms) Factory used to be.
From back in the day when the government actually produced things other than poo poo (in this case: bullets to kill foreigners)

Well at least the membership must really be paying dividends then

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

kingturnip posted:

I'm still a member.

Maybe they can make this a reward tier

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Make 6969 calls and kier will send you a WhatsApp message calling you a dirty little piglet

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Apropos of nothing:

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

peanut- posted:

Ignoring the insanely Brexity tone, it is probably true that we're suffering for finding it. It seems unlikely this did actually originate in London and Kent (i.e. where the vast majority of overseas arrivals come into Britain) and has been circulating here for four months without spreading across Europe if it's that transmissible.

Of course going out and hyping it as ultra-COVID because you want to dodge blame the blame for cancelling Christmas was a political decision with incredibly predictable consequences.

On that note the UK is responsible for about 55% of the entries into the worldwide COVID tracking genome database because apparently we just go bananas for sequencing viruses. I think it may be the actual one thing we are world-beating at.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Communist Thoughts posted:

The simple trick the UK uses is that everything is named for the opposite of its function

Dead Goon posted:

Apropos of nothing:

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Dead Goon posted:

Apropos of nothing:

Reminds me of Izal

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
Integrity, Authority, Unity, KPIs

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Dead Goon posted:

Apropos of nothing:

:nms:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Jose posted:

when you've definintely not lost so many members you're realising you've poo poo the bed

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1341025218257702912?s=20

It's so lame and uninspiring I'm back to wondering if they're doing it all on purpose.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
This is probably not the right thread for it but if anyone has a PC made in the last 6-7 years, Alien Isolation is free on the Epic store right now and is very good. Just in case anyone is looking for something to keep them busy in these bleak times :)

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

They're doing a free game every day and most of them have been pretty decent. This is probably the best so far though.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Night in the Woods is supposedly going to be free as well at some point if the leaked list is accurate, that's a very good game.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Replace Starmer with the Iron Sheik imo

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Okay I hadn't seen the Starmer phone bank promise thing that's incredible.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Lol travel ban is EU-wide now. hosed it.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I bought some fancy beers for my brother in law and bought an extra case for myself to try, and every one of them is like taking a jackhammer made of hops and booze and way too many flavours straight to the brain. Can't wait until my Christmas rum arrives instead.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I hate whoever decided that 'fancy beer' means 'far too many hops'. All these interesting herbs in the world and they pick hops.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Tarnop posted:

Perfect cover story for all the problems caused by a hard-brexit.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

thebardyspoon posted:

Night in the Woods is supposedly going to be free as well at some point if the leaked list is accurate, that's a very good game.

Oh cool, found the list on Twitter

https://twitter.com/jovanmunja/status/1339958916491448320

Inside is very good.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Tarnop posted:

Where are you seeeing that? It's not on BBC yet, they're saying decision is expected on Tuesday.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Dead Goon posted:

Apropos of nothing:

this looks like somebody has just told dear Keith a very funny joke where "integrity, authority, unity" was the punchline

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Convex posted:

This is probably not the right thread for it but if anyone has a PC made in the last 6-7 years, Alien Isolation is free on the Epic store right now and is very good. Just in case anyone is looking for something to keep them busy in these bleak times :)

This is a good find! And as it was my first 'purchase' it also came with a £10 off £14 spend voucher.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1341056675034374148

lol

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Private Speech posted:

Where are you seeeing that? It's not on BBC yet, they're saying decision is expected on Tuesday.

https://in.reuters.com/article/brie...t-idINFWN2J10SV

Until midnight tomorrow night. Presumably to get their joint response sorted after that.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

It says this tweet is unavailable when clicking on the "source".

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

OwlFancier posted:

I gather that's about it, yeah.

Also feels thematic that I started playing Cataclysm DDA again, driving around in a car covered in spikes looting shops for lard and biscuits feels appropriate.

Should mod in a Gammon mutation line

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Can't stop laughing at the government equivalent of the kid who wants to stay home from school sticking his thermometer in a hot drink and then ending up spending his day getting examined in hospital.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Convex posted:

Hiding from a deadly force of nature while brainless, smiling humanoids try to stop me from breathing is not really escapism right now.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Private Speech posted:

Yeah sorry about that. It was the ITV political editor but he's deleted it now.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Private Speech posted:

Source: Man, I hope I picked the right Tweet since you didn't specify which one caused you problems.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Hiding from a deadly force of nature while brainless, smiling humanoids try to stop me from breathing is not really escapism right now.

You and I are going to have a little talk about safety.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jose posted:

when you've definintely not lost so many members you're realising you've poo poo the bed

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1341025218257702912?s=20

lol I keep getting letters and texts from them telling me my membership is "In deficit" and that they'll revoke my membership soon they're super serious you guys.

So even though I just stopped paying months ago I'm still technically a member because they don't want to purge me just yet.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Gonzo McFee posted:

lol I keep getting letters and texts from them telling me my membership is "In deficit" and that they'll revoke my membership soon they're super serious you guys.

So even though I just stopped paying months ago I'm still technically a member because they don't want to purge me just yet.

Have you tried tweeting that you like the Foo Fighters

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
jamaica just cut off the UK too lol

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lmao it's literally just 'Don't panic! Please don't panic for the love of God!'

Juche Couture
Feb 3, 2007

Only 10 minutes late this time, that must be a record

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Gonzo McFee posted:

If you were 'pay monthly' you get 6 months in arrears before they decide you really mean it. You show up on the membership list as in 'part arrears' for the first couple of months then I think month 4 or 5 you get to pre-lapse.
If you pay annually, it is 6 months after your last payment was due so if you quit immediately after paying an annual sub, you could be on 18 months longer.