Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Boba FUCKS is not canon? hosed up, if true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Bismuth posted:

Him thinking rape is wrong is good, them specifying that he thinks premarital sex is bad is weird as hell

Sure, but the author didn't need to include a scene where they gave him a chance to rape her and turned it down. They included that scene so we could say, "Huh, he's alright." And that's weird.

And yeah, that other thing is also weird, you're right there.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
The whole thing is weird as hell but that's like... extra weird, its almost like he's not actually saying rape is bad, just extra-marital rape. Its got religious vibes and its dripping with creepiness and really makes me wonder about the dude that wrote it

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1341013938570371072

Official announcement

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Whew. I am glad to be wrong, and that it is it's own show.

And Robert Rodriguez also producing? Awesome.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Rewatching Clone Wars stuff to get up to the seasons I haven't really seen and between the ending of the Ziro arc being a bit anticlimactic, the Nightsisisters coming up with a stupidly convoluted plan to kill Dooku, the resurrection of Maul, and the Mortis arc I think I've worked out why I stopped watching around the end of S3.

Keep going, that stuff all gets really good. Well, not the Mortis storyline, but after Lucas got them to do it it it gets dropped like a dope beat. The Nghtsisters and Maul stuff all has payoffs that re worth the setup. Maul especially is a great character all the way through Rebels. I'm not saying bringing him back was something that needed to happen, but it did and they did it well.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jon Favreau has really worked his rear end off. I was watching The Holiday Movies that Made Us for “Elf” and they took a gamble with him as he really hadn’t done much. Basically turned what would have been a failure into pure gold.

He has a magic touch it seems.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Vintersorg posted:

Jon Favreau has really worked his rear end off. I was watching The Holiday Movies that Made Us for “Elf” and they took a gamble with him as he really hadn’t done much. Basically turned what would have been a failure into pure gold.

Thanks to Vince Vaughn putting in a good word.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

Between this and essentially starting the Marvel Cinematic Universe I'm pretty sure Disney is fine with letting him try just about anything.

Georgia Peach posted:

Thanks to Vince Vaughn putting in a good word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX6BKxFkU78

Favreau owns

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

Eh, Cowboys & Aliens was a weird and disjointed movie.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Between this and essentially starting the Marvel Cinematic Universe I'm pretty sure Disney is fine with letting him try just about anything.

Favreau owns

I used to go to that bar all the time when I lived in Chicago.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Favreau owns

He probably has a special number, from Disney, to call if he accidentally kills a hooker or gets caught with a ton of blow.

I say this all kiddingly and not to imply that he has a bad rep or propensity for such things.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

mllaneza posted:

Keep going, that stuff all gets really good. Well, not the Mortis storyline, but after Lucas got them to do it it it gets dropped like a dope beat. The Nghtsisters and Maul stuff all has payoffs that re worth the setup. Maul especially is a great character all the way through Rebels. I'm not saying bringing him back was something that needed to happen, but it did and they did it well.

The mortis stuff will become important once you reach rebels tho

Also good to see the official announcement for the new Fett show

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
Looking forward to Trejo showing up as a Hutt enforcer or something. Zero sarcasm, genuinely thrilled.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Test Pattern posted:

Looking forward to Trejo showing up as a Hutt enforcer or something. Zero sarcasm, genuinely thrilled.

100% :same:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Bothan Spy Kids

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Do you think the Father stays on Mortis because he too lives in fear of what he's created?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Speaking of, did you know there is a BRAND NEW Sharkboy and Lava Girl with our boy Pedro Pascal???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9MVKHruhK4

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos

thrawn527 posted:

Sure, but the author didn't need to include a scene where they gave him a chance to rape her and turned it down. They included that scene so we could say, "Huh, he's alright." And that's weird.

And yeah, that other thing is also weird, you're right there.

Scratch a scifi author and a pervert bleeds.

It's not like scifi authors, especially authors of established properties phoning it in for a paycheck, are subtle about their deep sex weirdness.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Vintersorg posted:

Speaking of, did you know there is a BRAND NEW Sharkboy and Lavagirl with our boy Pedro Pascal???

Huh. I mean, yeah, I guess we're at the point where there are people who would be nostalgic for Sharkboy and Lavagirl.

Looking at IMDb, Taylor Lautner, who played Sharkboy, isn't in this, because I guess he's too busy to bother? What an rear end.

I should note, I've never seen the original, but gently caress Lautner for thinking he's above being in something like this at this point in his career. His post-Twilight career doesn't seem to have panned out for him like it did for the other two leads. And Taylor Dooley, who played Lavagirl, is back.

It's remotely possible they didn't ask him. But I really doubt it.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 21, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

thrawn527 posted:

Huh. I mean, yeah, I guess we're at the point where there are people who would be nostalgic for Sharkboy and Lava Girl.

Being that it involves the kids of the characters it's yet again a superhero movie for children. This way those people who had the original movies when they were kids can now share a movie with their own kids. That's always neat :unsmith:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Being that it involves the kids of the characters it's yet again a superhero movie for children. This way those people who had the original movies when they were kids can now share a movie with their own kids. That's always neat :unsmith:

Oh yeah, that can always be cool and fun.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

VinylonUnderground posted:

Scratch a scifi author and a pervert bleeds.

It's not like scifi authors, especially authors of established properties phoning it in for a paycheck, are subtle about their deep sex weirdness.

By that logic, I should be a prolific sci-if author.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

Speaking of, did you know there is a BRAND NEW Sharkboy and Lava Girl with our boy Pedro Pascal???

Was Machete in these or was he just in Spy Kids?

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

thrawn527 posted:

Huh. I mean, yeah, I guess we're at the point where there are people who would be nostalgic for Sharkboy and Lavagirl.

Looking at IMDb, Taylor Lautner, who played Sharkboy, isn't in this, because I guess he's too busy to bother? What an rear end.

I should note, I've never seen the original, but gently caress Lautner for thinking he's above being in something like this at this point in his career. His post-Twilight career doesn't seem to have panned out for him like it did for the other two leads. And Taylor Dooley, who played Lavagirl, is back.

It's remotely possible they didn't ask him. But I really doubt it.

You're being weirdly hostile to an actor for not being in a sequel to Sharkboy and Lavagirl for undisclosed reasons.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

cargohills posted:

You're being weirdly hostile to an actor for not being in a sequel to Sharkboy and Lavagirl for undisclosed reasons.

Fair enough. I just remember hearing on him passing on a few roles here and there for thinking they were beneath him, and thinking, "Dude, you really need to strike while the iron is hot. The Twilight thing isn't going to last as long as you think it will." And this is in keeping with that, if that's what happened.

But yeah, I really shouldn't care about a sequel to a kid's movie I never even saw. I'll move on.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It really is something that those Twilight movies were so god awful (well except the Rifftrax version), that nothing good could shine through. I mean honestly until I saw Lighthouse and Tenet (the later which is very nice music videos and good acting with a story pieced together from old sugar packets) I never realized Robert Pattinson was a really really good actor. Those things were just such a black hole when he came to any quality coming through.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos

Marsupial Ape posted:

By that logic, I should be a prolific sci-if author.

Smoke some meth and start typing one handed. See what happens. You might just have it in you.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It really is something that those Twilight movies were so god awful (well except the Rifftrax version), that nothing good could shine through. I mean honestly until I saw Lighthouse and Tenet (the later which is very nice music videos and good acting with a story pieced together from old sugar packets) I never realized Robert Pattinson was a really really good actor. Those things were just such a black hole when he came to any quality coming through.

Watch Good Time. Pattinson is great in that.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

VinylonUnderground posted:

Smoke some meth and start typing one handed. See what happens. You might just have it in you.

I have more than once considered writing god awful but specific fetish erotica for Amazon self-publishing. I desperately need a second source of income.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Test Pattern posted:

A friend was said "I wonder if we'll see him show up and repel down a building using someone's intestines."

I laughed, but then thought 'Fennec has robot guts. Maybe she's got a zip line in there."

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Test Pattern posted:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

GigaPeon posted:

A friend was said "I wonder if we'll see him show up and repel down a building using someone's intestines."

I laughed, but then thought 'Fennec has robot guts. Maybe she's got a zip line in there."

Fennec's guts serving as her Bat-utility belt, with whatever she needs for the plot, is a weird-rear end gimmick I could get behind.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Madurai posted:

Fennec's guts serving as her Bat-utility belt, with whatever she needs for the plot, is a weird-rear end gimmick I could get behind.

Like Bender’s stomach. Or Doraemon.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Eric Cantonese posted:

Like Bender’s stomach. Or Doraemon.

:hmmyes:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this but is Fallen Order worth checking out? I've heard pretty mixed reviews but it's currently on sale and I need something to fill the void while Cyberpunk sorts its poo poo out

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hobo Clown posted:

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this but is Fallen Order worth checking out? I've heard pretty mixed reviews but it's currently on sale and I need something to fill the void while Cyberpunk sorts its poo poo out

It’s real good. Some questionable platforming here and there, some annoying backtracking, but combat is good, bosses are good, story is ok, lightsaber customization is A++

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Hobo Clown posted:

If it's on sale, go for it. Story's fun, characters are great, traversal is agony until late-game, and goooooood luck with the map

Combat's fun once you get used to the jank and timing, although beware when changing the difficulty, since that also changes the timing with enemy attacks, which can ironically make going back to easier modes harder

Best of luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
My only big complaint with FO is that it feels way way too short. You finally get into the swing of things with all your abilities and then it just ends before you really get to enjoy it.