Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Dauntless is a good example where you get coins that unlock cosmetics from previous battle passes. The rate used to be abysmal but their latest overhaul update made clearing the battle pass trivial (I popped back in to check out the update and maxed it in like 4 days).

I also enjoy the cycle of aggressive minmaxing time spent for battle pass completion followed by a week or two of just throwing resin wherever feels good. If I had to get extra BP levels I'd worry more about burnout.

This week is going to be awesome. New content, I'm on track to hit AR 50 with 3 characters and my wolf's gravestone ready to ascend. 3 mil mora, hopefully enough books and ore. I'm ready to throw some bigger numbers at abyss because I tried 9 again last night and got absolutely fuckin bodied by the 15 electro slimes in 9-1.
What characters are you using?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iloverice
Feb 19, 2007

future tv ninja
With the update being on Wed, will Stormterror/Wolf/Child reset on update? I remember there being something happening when 1.1 hit but can't remember what it was. Are we able to get two of each boss this week?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

iloverice posted:

With the update being on Wed, will Stormterror/Wolf/Child reset on update? I remember there being something happening when 1.1 hit but can't remember what it was. Are we able to get two of each boss this week?

With 1.1 iirc we had one day of a BP cycle and then a six-day BP cycle from Tuesday-Sunday after the update went live. Not happening this time since there's no BP live rn, but we might get weekly boss resets. I dunno

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

No Wave posted:

What characters are you using?

My core team is Beidou as main dps, Xingqiu, Diona, and Klee. When doing abyss I split them and add in Bennet, Xiangling, Barbara, and either Fischl or Kayea.

It really sucks having the first floor be so aggressively electro when your big hitter is as well. I made it to 9-3 before but I had my B-team on first half and I got wrecked by the hatchling + geochurl combo. Once I get my main dps guys ascended I'm going to bring Fischl and Klee up.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i suppose extra BP rewards wouldn't hurt, but the cycle of letting you just slack on tasks with no "downside" about 2/3 into the BP period is nice. events and resin are enough reason to play daily for me.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i kinda want to get albedo just to do the 4 geo team (since geo seems to synergize best with itself anyways) but honestly im not too sure about the banner. i dont have sucrose but i have venti so she isn't terribly useful, and i already have c1 bennett. i might roll a bit on it and wait until we see the ganyu banner to decide whether to finish it or not, but he seems way more interesting than ganyu does.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Radical posted:

i kinda want to get albedo just to do the 4 geo team (since geo seems to synergize best with itself anyways) but honestly im not too sure about the banner. i dont have sucrose but i have venti so she isn't terribly useful, and i already have c1 bennett. i might roll a bit on it and wait until we see the ganyu banner to decide whether to finish it or not, but he seems way more interesting than ganyu does.

Geo doesn't really synergize with itself at all aside from the upcoming -RES from the resonance (and the normal battery effect of having multiples of the same element in a team).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It does in the sense everyone's ults go crazy. And it's relevant given that slow ult charge is a fairly consistent geo weakness.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Hnngh, Geo resonance teams are gonna be something. Pretty much permanent -20% Geo RES with +15% DMG on the active character.

Zhongli may actually become a huge DPS machine with Geo MC to cover the field with constructs.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
What's the method for accumulating Geo sigils if I'm out of Liyue quests? Just find em buried out in the world and hope? I cleared out the Liyue souvenir shop of all non-constellations first and my sigil acquisition rate has pretty much dried up.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

zgrowler2 posted:

What's the method for accumulating Geo sigils if I'm out of Liyue quests? Just find em buried out in the world and hope? I cleared out the Liyue souvenir shop of all non-constellations first and my sigil acquisition rate has pretty much dried up.

Chests, mostly.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

There are boxes in water sources that have some mora and sigils in them, or find them stuck on mountains.

e-Have any leaks in regards to Ganyus cold application on Q come out?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

zgrowler2 posted:

Once chests dry up, crates floating in the water and junk in the sides of cliffs are renewable sources. But you should have the shop cleared out by the time that becomes relevant.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

No Wave posted:

It does in the sense everyone's ults go crazy. And it's relevant given that slow ult charge is a fairly consistent geo weakness.

Geo traveler and Ning both make tons of energy.

I really don't see any point in running more than two geos on a team

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

People keep saying the sigil boxes respawn but has that actually been confirmed? I went out of my way to grab every one I saw about a month back and haven't seen a single one since.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Andrast posted:

Geo doesn't really synergize with itself at all aside from the upcoming -RES from the resonance (and the normal battery effect of having multiples of the same element in a team).

No Wave posted:

yeah, from what ive seen the "best" ning team is running zhong and geo traveller since the resonance isn't really worth it outside of procing it from the element you're fighting. right now people just put whatever their best non-anemo support is in the 4th slot, but i bet assembling the geo exodia would be way more fun.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

zgrowler2 posted:

collect the 800 liyue chests

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSvJNBXRXAc

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Andrast posted:

Geo traveler and Ning both make tons of energy.

I really don't see any point in running more than two geos on a team

Quad geo team incoming, earthbend for days

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Radical posted:

yeah, from what ive seen the "best" ning team is running zhong and geo traveller since the resonance isn't really worth it outside of procing it from the element you're fighting. right now people just put whatever their best non-anemo support is in the 4th slot, but i bet assembling the geo exodia would be way more fun.

A C2 Ning can already get into "ults on cooldown" with moderate investment with no help from the other units. She can do the same for Zhong who invests in ER too so the geo traveler seems like a pointless addition.

If anything, using the geo traveler rocks would make stuff harder for you because he's pretty annoying with Ning if you aren't careful

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Dec 21, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Geo doesnt synergize with other elements in a meaningful way. Each new geo you add onto the team will ult on cooldown for free. If you add a non-Geo character they will not ult on cooldown for free. If you have Ning and Zhong on your team is there really a better addition to the team than pressing Q with Albedo every 12 seconds?

The existence of Fatui complicates it but there may be floors where it works. This is why I think Mihoyo's pushing full geo comps is so stupid.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Dec 21, 2020

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

No Wave posted:

Geo doesnt synergize with other elements. Each new geo you add onto the team will ult on cooldown for free. If you add a non-Geo character they will not ult on cooldown for free.

The existence of Fatui probably makes 4Geo difficult but 3Geo could be real, and stupid, why are you enabling this mihoyo.

Crystallize shields are good and you aren't going to get many of those without other elements.

If you are doing a geo team, your main DPS is almost definitely going to be Ning. You also probably want a healer on the team and Noelle makes no sense for that slot unless she is c6 since her heal requires her to be on the field. Ning also *really* wants Bennett on her team since she scales so well with his extra stats.

Ning also synergizes with fischl (lightning smite works with crystallize), Mona and Venti (but that's every unit). Units such as Xingqui are also just incredibly good to have on a team even if you have no special synergy with them, definitely more impactful than a Noelle or something.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 21, 2020

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Bland posted:

People keep saying the sigil boxes respawn but has that actually been confirmed? I went out of my way to grab every one I saw about a month back and haven't seen a single one since.

I'm pretty sure they're finite like regular chests, I haven't seen a floating crate in a month and I still do farm routes a couple times a week

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

No Wave posted:

Geo doesnt synergize with other elements in a meaningful way. Each new geo you add onto the team will ult on cooldown for free. If you add a non-Geo character they will not ult on cooldown for free. If you have Ning and Zhong on your team is there really a better addition to the team than pressing Q with Albedo every 12 seconds?

The existence of Fatui complicates it but there may be floors where it works. This is why I think Mihoyo's pushing full geo comps is so stupid.

can geo traveler still reset units with the rock or did they fix it? i dont think its intentional but i could imagine even against fatui having so much damage you just burst half the floor and then reset whoever got their shield up.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Radical posted:

can geo traveler still reset units with the rock or did they fix it? i dont think its intentional but i could imagine even against fatui having so much damage you just burst half the floor and then reset whoever got their shield up.
My recollection is that got fixed (based on Enviosity's stream). I know Zhong was made fun of for not making sense in a 1 Geo or even a 2 Geo team. But in a 3 Geo team he's exactly what you want and his energy generation downsides don't matter. Albedo's design may be equally hosed up.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

No Wave posted:

My recollection is that got fixed (based on Enviosity's stream). I know Zhong was made fun of for not making sense in a 1 Geo or even a 2 Geo team. But in a 3 Geo team he's exactly what you want and his energy generation downsides don't matter. Albedo's design may be equally hosed up.

Zhong is probably the best support unit for Ning if all the changes go through as described.

C2 Ning's good energy generation lets him burst on cooldown and he has strong shields on demand for geo resonance. You don't need a third geo for that.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

No Wave posted:

wasnt this what that mihoyo employee said in that one post, like you want to get all of the geo units or something like that? i dont really have any other goals besides collecting sword girls in this game so i kinda want to try it anyways

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Geo MC's Skill doesn't pop the enemy up if you manually aim it. It still pops up if you don't hold it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Radical posted:

wasnt this what that mihoyo employee said in that one post, like you want to get all of the geo units or something like that? i dont really have any other goals besides collecting sword girls in this game so i kinda want to try it anyways
Yeah... granted 3Geo didn't make as much sense until the resonance change happened but now it's just super obvious.

The extra weird part about geo is that most other elements have 5* carries and 4* supports but Geo has 4* carries and 5* dedicated supports.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

No Wave posted:

Yeah... granted 3Geo didn't make as much sense until the resonance change happened but now it's just super obvious.

The extra weird part about geo is that most other elements have 5* carries and 4* supports but Geo has 4* carries and 5* dedicated supports.

Ning supremacy

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

imagine how good the geo 5 star carry unit will be though

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Radical posted:

Wow yeah, can't wait for Ning Alter.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Radical posted:

unless the geo 5* carry throws a billion rocks and drops gates on the enemies i do not care

also the geo 5* carry is probably just a C6 Ning. Her C6 is absurdly good.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

good news: the geo 5 star carry is incredibly broken
bad news: its geo amber

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm hoping we won't get any more geo 5*s for a long long time.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

YES bread posted:

I'm pretty sure they're finite like regular chests, I haven't seen a floating crate in a month and I still do farm routes a couple times a week

Hmm, could've sworn I opened the same crates from the western side of Liyue several times back when I farmed the lotus pods. Guess I was mistaken. Come to think of it, I haven't seen crates in a while.

Mihoydela effect

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Radical posted:

Geo traveler's rock also blocks Ningguang's homing projectiles from her normal/charged attacks and her ult, and it prevents you from placing her jade screen near it -- the screen will instantly blow up if even 1 pixel is touching another geo construct when it spawns in.

Geo Traveler's ult is even worse about this: you wanna stay in the circle for the crit chance buff, but it's small enough that it gets annoyingly tricky to drop a jade screen successfully. And you need a non-blown-up jade screen on Ning to get the most out of your ult.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
Is Albedo also supposed to be a support? I haven't been keeping track.

I have 36 rolls until I hit soft banner pity (75). I really want Bennett c1 and Sucrose anything (is her C1 required to be good?). So I'll probably roll 36 and then wait for people to tell me if Albedo is any good or not. I do have Ning c1 so theoretically he could help, but I haven't invested into Ning at all

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You shouldn't be using his normal attack and you only have to use his E every thirty seconds. I'd say for sure yes, some variety of support.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Andrast posted:

Zhong is probably the best support unit for Ning if all the changes go through as described.

C2 Ning's good energy generation lets him burst on cooldown and he has strong shields on demand for geo resonance. You don't need a third geo for that.

Ning really doesn't need a second character to get permanent shield uptime since she will basically spawn a crystallize shield on every single attack if you have any non-geo supports in the team. I have no idea how tanky those shields actually are though since there's no way to view their hp in game. Zhong's should be a lot beefier at least.
Geo resonance will be big though. I ended up rolling for Zhongli and I'm looking forward to the 1.3 buffs.

ThePineapple posted:

Is Albedo also supposed to be a support? I haven't been keeping track.

I have 36 rolls until I hit soft banner pity (75). I really want Bennett c1 and Sucrose anything (is her C1 required to be good?). So I'll probably roll 36 and then wait for people to tell me if Albedo is any good or not. I do have Ning c1 so theoretically he could help, but I haven't invested into Ning at all

People in Genshin use the word support for a billion different things so I dunno what you mean here.
Albedo doesn't have any kind of healing/buffing going on but he has big sub-DPS energy, like Fischl/Xiangling/Xingqiu. He plants a magic flower and then every time you hit something in a big radius around it the flower will spawn an extra geo explosion for more free damage. Plus he can use Archaic Petra to buff your elemental damage further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Zhongli has some decent synergy with Fischl with his pillar. I believe the crystallize reaction counts for her ascension 4 attack.