Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
OSTRICHES

Also I can FINALLY put the bear statue outside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

That changelog is looking meaty.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
FUCKIN HYPED :woop:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Christmas came early, all over the place. :swoon:

I am overly excited about planting fiber.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Time to get SMAPI and my mods all updated

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Welp, see you in 2021; up till them, I'm farming.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I'm doing the Beach Farm and I really love it; it's pretty and interesting. Also, you can now buy fish tanks!

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

...what?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
beach's gimmick negative just seems kind of rude

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

what's not to understand, you can buy tanks for your fish so they can help you repel the gotou empire's forces

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Woo, only had a few mods to upgrade and now they all work with 1.5 aside from Tree Transplant, which is mostly moot now that there's tree fertilizer anyway. CAN'T WAIT

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Gamerofthegame posted:

beach's gimmick negative just seems kind of rude

I don't know. It's still significantly smaller than the base map. So players who are just interested in maximizing their crops aren't going to play it.

It does make for an interesting variation.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I'm doing the Beach Farm and I really love it; it's pretty and interesting. Also, you can now buy fish tanks!

What does the special forage give? I think they're called supply crates or something and are supposed to "wash up"
on the coasts?

Poque posted:

Woo, only had a few mods to upgrade and now they all work with 1.5 aside from Tree Transplant, which is mostly moot now that there's tree fertilizer anyway. CAN'T WAIT

Yeah. It's amazing. Smapi and automate are both already updated.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

LLSix posted:

What does the special forage give? I think they're called supply crates or something and are supposed to "wash up" on the coasts?

:lsd:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

LLSix posted:

Yeah. It's amazing. Smapi and automate are both already updated.

i saw a note somewhere that ConcernedApe gave notable mod creators early access to 1.5 so they could have releases out simultaneously, which is really cool of him

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Geode Crusher consumes coal to break open geodes.

Lol goodbye forever guy who's name I already forgot.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oh my God so much stuff, this is the game that just keeps on giving.

Edit:

You can crush Geodes without Clint now! I've been wanting that for a while, major quality of life upgrade.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Tetrabor posted:

The game has literally been doubled in content, every stationary task has a mobile option now, you don't need Clint to break rocks, new dungeon, new island resort area, new character, just more, MORE, MORE!
:sickos:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

You can save progress on Journey of the prairie King?! Holy poo poo, I might actually be able to beat it now.

Braking Gnus
Oct 13, 2012
I haven't played Stardew Valley in a couple of years, but this update has dragged me back in. Any mods I should grab, or wait for them to be updated before lose 50 hours or so?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

quote:

Hopper auto-loads items placed inside into the machine in front of it

This will be fantastic on mobile (no easy access to automate mod)

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

You can save progress on Journey of the prairie King?! Holy poo poo, I might actually be able to beat it now.
what the gently caress? G'drat, I can finally 100% this game on xbox when 1.5 comes to console.

Braking Gnus posted:

I haven't played Stardew Valley in a couple of years, but this update has dragged me back in. Any mods I should grab, or wait for them to be updated before lose 50 hours or so?
CA mentioned on SDV.net that he gave early access to some mod makers so their mods would work with 1.5 in a short amount of time so you might be good already.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Braking Gnus posted:

Not really. All the old mods are still relevant if you remember the ones you like.

For me, Lookup Anything and Automate are nice quality of life improvements, but the game is entirely enjoyable even without them.

Braking Gnus
Oct 13, 2012

LLSix posted:

Not really. All the old mods are still relevant if you remember the ones you like.

For me, Lookup Anything and Automate are nice quality of life improvements, but the game is entirely enjoyable even without them.

Lookup Anything and Automate are both updated already, so I'll grab them. The one I had before that hasn't updated is NPC Map Location, which I found super useful.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

LLSix posted:

What does the special forage give? I think they're called supply crates or something and are supposed to "wash up"
on the coasts?

The chest I found had four geodes in it. :drat: Also, I think the beach debuff is interesting because for the first time there's a reason to go for the iridium upgrade on the watering can.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The chest I found had four geodes in it. :drat: Also, I think the beach debuff is interesting because for the first time there's a reason to go for the iridium upgrade on the watering can.

I always went for the iridium watering can so that on the first day of spring I could hoe, plant, and water all my fields in 1 day instead of 2.

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride
It's incredible how much new content there is in 1.5, but it's also insanely sick and twisted and messed up that console Stardew players are locked out of this update until 2021, effectively ruining Christmas and the holidays for every single one of us

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

minya posted:

It's incredible how much new content there is in 1.5, but it's also insanely sick and twisted and messed up that console Stardew players are locked out of this update until 2021, effectively ruining Christmas and the holidays for every single one of us

We Will Persevere

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Never really found time to get into 1.4, but definitely looking forward to losing hours of my life to this

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Arsenic Lupin posted:

mine had two burgers :cool:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I chose the remixed community center without the first-year completion guarantee, and it is so much fun! Instead of going "right, scavenge A-D, open the center, stockpile X & Y", I opened the center and discovered the spring forage bundle requires a spring onion instead of a leek. There are more significant changes in the Crafts Room alone!.

e: Community Center bundle spoiler. If you use the remixed center and unset the first-year guarantee, you have to catch all the legendary fish to complete the center.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 22, 2020

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

minya posted:

This has always been the case because it's easier for CA to bugtest and release patches on PC than on consoles where they sometimes charge him to release patches.

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride

Unclouded posted:

This has always been the case because it's easier for CA to bugtest and release patches on PC than on consoles where they sometimes charge him to release patches.

Very understandable. Nevertheless, that this patch comes out for PC on Dec 21 and not for console users can only be interpreted as an act of War on Christmas.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
It just means all the good children got presents early

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Guildenstern Mother posted:

It just means all the good children got presents early

Yo what the fu-

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

e: Community Center bundle spoiler. If you use the remixed center and unset the first-year guarantee, you have to catch all the legendary fish to complete the center.

I did first year guarantee and have the same bundle, but it only wants two of the four.

Other remixed Bundles of note: The Boiler Room now requires Iridium Ore.. I can't wait to see what fresh horrors are waiting on the Bulletin Board.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
"PoC get powers on December 21st"

(blows dust off the sacred texts of prophecy)

"PC game update on December 21st"

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
oh the new npc is a tarzan child

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Where do y'all even get iridium from? I'm at the end of my second winter in my first ever playthrough and just barely got an iridium can with my first five bars, how the hell are you fuckers getting enough to make more sprinklers than god (got to the bottom of the mines and barely like 4 floors into skull cave before everything ducks me up)

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

Where do y'all even get iridium from? I'm at the end of my second winter in my first ever playthrough and just barely got an iridium can with my first five bars, how the hell are you fuckers getting enough to make more sprinklers than god (got to the bottom of the mines and barely like 4 floors into skull cave before everything ducks me up)

The big trick is that Krobus sells one iridium sprinkler every Friday each week, it costs a pretty penny but it's much easier to buy than make from scratch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

You can get a lot of iridium from deep dives into the skull caves.

Additionally, if you've done well in the game in general by the end of year 2, you can get a reward that regularly gives you iridium ore.