Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wrapped up all the side gigs and crimes to get to level 49 before heading to the point of no return, then immediately got the suicide ending.

I’ll do a real one tomorrow and then I’ll probably just google the rest. Maybe do another playthrough once the actual ps5 one drops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just got to play this on my buddy's computer and I think I'm just gonna buy the PC version. It's like a totally different game on PC.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Ravenfood posted:

Having to switch to specific melee weapons to finish enemies off to level Cold Blooded kind of sucks when it's nice to have for basically all weapons. It goes nicely with both rifles (for -recoil and +sniper damage) and blades and is pretty much good all around for a backup skill. I've really liked using the katana as a finishing weapon though.

So far I've liked rifles/tech with a side of cool, but blades/cool and int/cool playthroughs are probably both in my future. Nomad for the tech and then I haven't decided whether the street kid or corpo gets the hacking vs blade. I also want to play with some handguns since they just seem fun too. It's a nice set of variation and is neat given how varied the weapon sets make things feel.

I level Cold Blood effortlessly without melee. I mostly use hacking and pistols.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

sean10mm posted:

If you have an nvidia card the sharpen function they added to the control panel/Geforce Experience overlay works pretty well if TAA or DLSS is making your image soft.

Haven't really used it with CP2077 but it was real good with Deux Ex: Mankind Divided when TAA was enabled. The ingame sharpen was either "nothing" or XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXTREME but you can fine tune nvidia's.

Thanks!. I haven't really used it at all so far since sharpening filter tend to look like sharpening filters at all times. I'll give it a try.

was more looking into some memory budged stuff or so though, since CP is WAY too loving restrictive there. VRAM usage never exceeds 9GB and is always at 8.x, while textures and objects get killed off often the nanosecond they'll leave the view frustrum. Regular memory also did never exceed 13 for me. I was hoping that there might be some viable tricks there to avoid lovely textures f.e.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

sorry comte but as much as i like this game, none of the side quests are quite as entertaining as the resetera meltdown threads about it

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Judging from the foam cutouts in the walls of my stash room, I am still missing like 9 iconic or legendary weapons.
Can anyone fill the gaps for me?

Left panel
Malorian

Middle panel
Top row
Overwatch + Mox
Satori + Jinchu Maru
Bottom row
?
?
?
Archangel
?

Right panel
Top row
?
?
?
Middle row
?
Sovereign (just Legendary?)

Bottom row
Yinglong
Breakthrough
Comrade's Hammer

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 21, 2020

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

Having to switch to specific melee weapons to finish enemies off to level Cold Blooded kind of sucks when it's nice to have for basically all weapons. It goes nicely with both rifles (for -recoil and +sniper damage) and blades and is pretty much good all around for a backup skill. I've really liked using the katana as a finishing weapon though.

So far I've liked rifles/tech with a side of cool, but blades/cool and int/cool playthroughs are probably both in my future. Nomad for the tech and then I haven't decided whether the street kid or corpo gets the hacking vs blade. I also want to play with some handguns since they just seem fun too. It's a nice set of variation and is neat given how varied the weapon sets make things feel.

Do your guns just not do enough damage to finish enemies off? I level Cold Blood with guns all the time, you just need to take them down while cold blood is actually active so, basically, just string together combo kills/KOs.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Rinkles posted:

I level Cold Blood effortlessly without melee. I mostly use hacking and pistols.

Wait how, I've only gotten it to trigger by using heavy attacks that trigger a finishing animation? Or does it level faster once you start getting stacks of it maybe?

E:answered above: if you don't have any stacks you need to do a finishing animation otherwise it just needs stacks. Cool. (I'm actually early in and haven't gotten any of the skills despite trying to level it)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Wheeee posted:

sorry comte but as much as i like this game, none of the side quests are quite as entertaining as the resetera meltdown threads about it

https://twitter.com/reseteratakes/status/1339558159661359104?s=21

A game that seemingly everyone on the site was going to write off and ignore in protest has dominated the discourse there for like two months. Makes you think 🤔

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
I'd really like a way to lock weapons so you don't accidentally disassemble them

I've lost a few iconic by not paying attention

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

mcbexx posted:

Judging from the foam cutouts in the walls of my stash room, I am still missing like 9 iconic or legendary weapons.
Can anyone fill the gaps for me?

Left panel
Malorian

Middle panel
Top row
Overwatch + Mox
Satori + Jinchu Maru
Bottom row
?
?
?
Archangel
?

Right panel
Top row
?
?
?
Middle row
?
Sovereign (just Legendary?)

Bottom row
?
Breakthrough
Comrade's Hammer

I’m 90% sure all of the crafted Iconics go in the stash, so that includes Breakthrough, Headsman, Pslam 11:6, Buzzsaw etc.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Ravenfood posted:

Wait how, I've only gotten it to trigger by using heavy attacks that trigger a finishing animation? Or does it level faster once you start getting stacks of it maybe?

Not related to multiple stacks because I only have the base perk + the headshot buff in that tree

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wait putting iconics in the stash make them show on the wall?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

E:answered above: if you don't have any stacks you need to do a finishing animation otherwise it just needs stacks. Cool. (I'm actually early in and haven't gotten any of the skills despite trying to level it)

I've gotten it by KOing everybody with a Pax-modded gun, then while they're unconscious I ruthlessly execute them in rapid succession with another gun, of whatever type I also want to level.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Was the police spawning instantly something required by some country in order to get rated? Of all the things that need to be fixed in the next patch I hope they just plain rip that system out. How the gently caress is there any crime in this city if the police and omniscient teleporters?
Imagine them shouting "Sounds like someone just wants to play GTA and kill random pedestrians!" as they teleport behind you for having the nerve to peacefully look at some tarot card art.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

None of mine are on the wall and I've just been habitually stashing the named weapons I get since the start of the game. But I also still have rank 5 crafting, so maybe it only counts of you build one or... who knows?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I added a Mods section. Even though there isn't a lot going on atm, the appearance editor is worth pinning there.

icecream citadel posted:

Did somebody more or less say to me "Forget it, V. It's Night City." or did I imagine it?

"Forget it Judy, it's Japantown"

stratdax posted:

No you'll occasionally hear somebody yelling from above, falling, and then they'll splat on the ground. They're corpos jumping out of windows like people supposedly did on Black Tuesday.

Yeah that's what happens when you go up the elevator. An interesting take, though.

Dr. Carwash posted:

There are way too many quest lines with really unsatisfying conclusions. Yea i get it terrible future blah blah blah but we're playing a game here. if everything ends in "failure", it feels kinda lovely.

Dream On was loving horrible.

At least it was an interesting story. Even if they didn't actually let you do anything about it.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

You gotta respect that they have a theme and they stick to it. It's good art. lovely escapism.

E: Bladerunner for example does not have a happy ending. In fact most things I identify as Cyberpunk end cynically. I don't know why it needs to be different video game but I think it does. Maybe it's just time spent? Watching a 2 hour movie that I know has a depressing ending once every year or two isn't a big deal but a 100 hour video game is.

I doesn't need to be happy. I'd settle for satisfying. (Ending spoiler) Going through the wall yourself was close though.

Dramicus posted:

The only characters who have anything resembling good endings are the ones who leave Night City, apart from those few characters, most of the messages that you get during the credits hit hard regardless of which ending, except of course the suicide ending, which is just turbodark. Basically the game only knows two flavors, bittersweet with extra emphasis on bitter, and grimdark.

I actually found giving Johnny your body sadder. Everyone just doesn't know what's happening. Apparently Johnny is still a coward, emotionally speaking.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Super spoilery question relating to endings: does the secret ending also have the choice regarding who takes over V’s body?

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Strange question: There's a song I'm looking for I can't find anywhere on the official released OST. It plays when you get in fights in...Pacifica, I think, and sounds like it has police sirens as part of the beat?

Can't find it on youtube either, now wondering if I just imagined this rad song. I'll look for it again and record it when I heard it again if no one knows what I'm talking about.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Toplowtech posted:

FYI there is a level 12 dex perk that double all your pistol damage on your last bullet.

Well, good news for pistol users. TBH, why would anyone need a revolver that does 20k damage (without crit and headshot bonus) in one shot is beyond me. I'm playing on Hard and it seems like an overkill.

Rinkles posted:

Can legendary stuff drop from regular enemies, or was this scripted?

(would be nice if the mod said what it was for)

It was just a group of three random mooks.

LifeSunDeath posted:

There's gotta be some of it that's random cause I got legendary mantis arms off a rando dude I killed.

The legendary stuff isn't random, I think. If you want free legendaries they can always be found at the same places.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Super spoilery question relating to endings: does the secret ending also have the choice regarding who takes over V’s body?

Yes. It's basically interchangable with rogue's ending path, except rogue is alive and you get a text from her.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Only certain ones. It seems it either stuff related to certain characters or the story (Judy’s Shotgun, Oda’s Katana, River’s Gun etc) and a lot, if not all of the crafted ones.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It sure does

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

mcbexx posted:

It sure does

these guys played new vegas

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

No Mods No Masters posted:

Yes. It's basically interchangable with rogue's ending path, except rogue is alive and you get a text from her.

Thanks!! I probably won’t make two saves after the final boss for that one then

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Video also goes over resetting for legendary gear to ensure they have max mod slots (something I did not know so it’s why I only hit 3.2k because some pieces did not roll with the max amount).

Speaking of, mod slots being a random attribute in gear, much like the rest of gear, is dumb as hell.

can't agree more with this. having to save scum over and over again to try to get two high rolls (quality and then max mod slots) on unique and legendary gear really sucks.

for random items that people drop, sure! but for iconic, unique, and legendary guns or armor, they should just be set. why add another layer of bs on top of everything else?

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

itry posted:

Well, good news for pistol users. TBH, why would anyone need a revolver that does 20k damage (without crit and headshot bonus) in one shot is beyond me. I'm playing on Hard and it seems like an overkill.

oh drat I just realized that perk is probably awesome for comrade's hammer and it's 1 bullet mag.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

pik_d posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'd never ever have finished that without a guide.

"Find this park bench from a photo you can't look at again"

"Go south from here, and uhhh that's it I guess"

100% what I was thinking.

Zero loving chance I could have done it without my hand held by the guide. There has GOT to be some way to look at the picture again... right?

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

itry posted:

I actually found giving Johnny your body sadder. Everyone just doesn't know what's happening. Apparently Johnny is still a coward, emotionally speaking.

I would say yes and no. At first glance he might appear to be callous and a bit of a coward for not trying to explain things to most of the people that V interacted with. But when you look at the one person he tries to explain things to, Rogue, she still immediately assumes the worst from Johnny, even though (at least in my playthrough) Johnny honestly tried his best to give V his body back, but it was V who decided to let Johnny live out a long life in the body. Basically no one believes that Johnny has changed as a person or has grown in any way during the journey with V, but it certainly seems like he has grown a lot. The ending is certainly sad, but Johnny seems to honestly appreciate V's sacrifice and for once in his life seems to appreciate something greater than himself. I think that's why he chooses to leave Night city, because he has finally learned that burning out in a blaze of glory isn't all that it's made up to be. If he were truly selfish, he would announce to the world that Silverhand is back and that Silverhand finally hosed Arasaka in the rear end, etc, etc. He'd immediately have legions of adoring fans and half of the merc scene eating out of his hands. But he chooses to let Silverhand die, and go elsewhere to actually live a life worth living, now that he has the chance.

At least that's how I interpreted it in my play-through, there are probably a few specific dialogue choices you need to get that particular take.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

So, for those of you that know about crafting.

I've been mass producing armadillo mods, but I can never make a purple version for some reason. I have level 20 in crafting and my perk screen looks like so:

Anyone know why I can't make purple versions of it?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Rageaholic posted:

Was there ever a fix discovered for the CONTENT FILE LOCKED message on Steam after downloading 1.05 and not being able to launch the game? Verifying integrity of the game files (multiple times) hasn't done anything.

Close the game. It's probably stuck running in the background. Use Task Manager to end process.

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

So can you replace mods (in clothing) with other mods? Or once you have slotted something in, it's there forever?

You can replace them of course, but the old ones are lost like gun mods.

TescoBag posted:

Does it even have a purple version?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Last King posted:

can't agree more with this. having to save scum over and over again to try to get two high rolls (quality and then max mod slots) on unique and legendary gear really sucks.

for random items that people drop, sure! but for iconic, unique, and legendary guns or armor, they should just be set. why add another layer of bs on top of everything else?
Some days I feel like such mechanics are put in just to give people a chance to say "why do you want things spoonfed to you? I for one love using only whatever trash the whims of fate gives me!" in defense of them, and no other tangible reason.

Time was I loved mashing 'reroll stats and hope for good ones this time', but the more years go by the more I realize what a waste that can be in so many cases :corsair:

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

TescoBag posted:

I've been mass producing armadillo mods, but I can never make a purple version for some reason. I have level 20 in crafting and my perk screen looks like so:

Is there even an epic version of that mod? I thought Epic and Legendary Mods were for some of the more niche stuff like Movespeed, and Crit Chance/Damage

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
game good

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Last King posted:

Once I discovered iconics could roll differently I just enabled the 'craft for free' in cheat engine and spammed it until I got the good roll. It's absolutely idiotic to have random rolls on something you're intended to only ever craft once.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

TescoBag posted:

did you find the blueprints at a clothing store?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

are there particular shops that have more/better mods in them or are they all the same with one standout item?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Last King posted:

Don't bother savescumming for high rolls imo. You don't need to and it sounds like a hassle

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Who the heck is Mr. Blue Eyes, Comte? Is he a DLC thing?

Sample_text posted:

Ask me how many jackets I sold for this car :)

No refunds!

Dramicus posted:

I would say yes and no. At first glance he might appear to be callous and a bit of a coward for not trying to explain things to most of the people that V interacted with. But when you look at the one person he tries to explain things to, Rogue, she still immediately assumes the worst from Johnny, even though (at least in my playthrough) Johnny honestly tried his best to give V his body back, but it was V who decided to let Johnny live out a long life in the body. Basically no one believes that Johnny has changed as a person or has grown in any way during the journey with V, but it certainly seems like he has grown a lot. The ending is certainly sad, but Johnny seems to honestly appreciate V's sacrifice and for once in his life seems to appreciate something greater than himself. I think that's why he chooses to leave Night city, because he has finally learned that burning out in a blaze of glory isn't all that it's made up to be. If he were truly selfish, he would announce to the world that Silverhand is back and that Silverhand finally hosed Arasaka in the rear end, etc, etc. He'd immediately have legions of adoring fans and half of the merc scene eating out of his hands. But he chooses to let Silverhand die, and go elsewhere to actually live a life worth living, now that he has the chance.

At least that's how I interpreted it in my play-through, there are probably a few specific dialogue choices you need to get that particular take.

Oh, I didn't say he's selfish, just a little cowardly.

I'm mostly thinking about Judy. She deserves to know.

TescoBag posted:

It might be player level tied. I'll have a look, but I iirc I was able to make purple ones.

Edit: Yeah, it's possible to make Epic ones.

itry fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 22, 2020

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

So, hang on a sec. (Psycho Killer questline spoilers): I get loving nothing? I completed it, "here's your reward" and I got... some xp? I maimed 17 of those stupid assholes, and I get... nothing? What a ridiculous oversight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
Why can't I buy these feet for myself??