Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Nijigasaki to me feels like the strongest 1st season out of all the Love Live's cause of the character focus. It made it feel like it's in a middle ground between the first 2 season and Aikatsu. Been loving the series and it's a close second behind Adashima for my favorite show of the season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Irony Be My Shield posted:

But what about all the performative anger from westerners on Twitter? Won't that somehow harm the company producing it and not, say, both raise awareness of it and turn it into a cause celebre for their political opponents

Did you actually quote yourself :psyduck:

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

mycot posted:

Did you actually quote yourself :psyduck:
:thejoke:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

It's not really a joke if it does the same thing as the original (self-validation for your own opinions), but I didn't realize I didn't skip to last page.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Who's been lobotomizing ADTRW posters

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Who's been lobotomizing ADTRW posters

Anime.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
This season, as the first I've seen, of love live is really fun, but there are definitely too many girls.

Also I finished Symphogear S3 the other week, and while I really enjoyed it I do get why people say it's a lot weaker than the previous two. Keen to keep going though, because it's exactly the sort of trash I love.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You can do a lot worse than Symphogear, though!

It's like a baby who grew up watching Fraggle Rock, The Muppets and whichever Saturday Morning cartoon of your fancy then went to discover that J-Pop, Buttrock, Magical Girls, Mechas and popcorn blockbuster films were the bee's knees and finally got really into JRPG's and elaborate live acts.

(Watch more Symphogear!)

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
More people definitely need to watch Symphogear. It's such a fun ride and most of the songs are legit ear worms. I do also love that it's fairly self aware, like they explain and actively use their long transformation sequences a few times and other things like that.

Definitely one of the thing things I got in love live was to expect them to punch something whenever they started singing.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wark Say posted:

Watch more Symphogear!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
lets all play wild arms 3

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I've never played a Wild Arms game.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
they are written by the symphogear writer and wild arms 3 is a great game that has a lot in common with symphogear tonally

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That's funny in a really, really dark way.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
It's hosed up there isn't some rando person in Symphogear who gives Armengard quotes about holidays.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Well I guess that's the end of Akudama Drive, it's been a fun ride.

Looking forward to how this all ends next week, ACAB.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Onyx Equinox is good, albiet a bit weird, and I'm liking it a bit more for that.

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

Well, I'm sad to say it, but after today's ep I'm dropping Magatsu Wahrheit. It's a shame, I really wanted to like this one; it was clear the writers had invested energy in this world and its characters, in the beginning at least. And the production budget clearly wasn't very high, but at least there was minimal poor 3DCG that is the telltale sign of collapse in so many other anime. But that latest episode looked... bad. Really bad. It's clear the schedule has collapsed behind the scenes. I would expect the next episode to be a recap episode if it weren't going to be the finale. Honestly, it still might be.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
After looking at next season's lineup, I'm going to give these a shot:

Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari (Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town?) - Jesus, why do so many anime series have titles that are almost a paragraph? At least it's not another isekai.

Kemono Jihen - I'm in the mood for something supernatural and this might do it.

Tenchi Souzou Design-bu (Heaven’s Design Team) - I always need at least one silly show, and this one looks like the silliest. Can't wait to see them explain the Platypus.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Doodles posted:

After looking at next season's lineup, I'm going to give these a shot:

Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari (Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town?) - Jesus, why do so many anime series have titles that are almost a paragraph? At least it's not another isekai.

Kemono Jihen - I'm in the mood for something supernatural and this might do it.

Tenchi Souzou Design-bu (Heaven’s Design Team) - I always need at least one silly show, and this one looks like the silliest. Can't wait to see them explain the Platypus.

The platypus chapter is extremely silly iirc. The Koala one is shown in the trailer and it's also amusing just because of the elements that goes into it and the end result being the drop bear.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

https://twitter.com/kadokawaanimeCH/status/1341760485922807808

the manga time kirara fishing series is getting an anime if teibou wasn't enough fishing girls for you

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

make a season 2 of teibou instead

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
For those of you who love digging through thread tags, we now have a thread to vote for new ones to add to ADTRW!

Please stop on by and vote!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/SHAMANKING_PR/status/1341549115679756288?s=20

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Wait, they're redoing Shaman King? NOW???

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Malsangoroth posted:

Well, I'm sad to say it, but after today's ep I'm dropping Magatsu Wahrheit. It's a shame, I really wanted to like this one; it was clear the writers had invested energy in this world and its characters, in the beginning at least. And the production budget clearly wasn't very high, but at least there was minimal poor 3DCG that is the telltale sign of collapse in so many other anime. But that latest episode looked... bad. Really bad. It's clear the schedule has collapsed behind the scenes. I would expect the next episode to be a recap episode if it weren't going to be the finale. Honestly, it still might be.

Eh, the animation has always been loose and wobbly, but it's expressive (Inumael and Ilma in particular have routinely excellent faces that combine with smarter-than-usual dialogue to liven up all the doomsday prophecy/political infodumping) and reliably conveys the on-screen action. It's certainly not a Wizard Barristers-style catastrophe, just a somewhat unpolished B-anime.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kwyndig posted:

Wait, they're redoing Shaman King? NOW???
I think it was announced as far back as 2019, but why not: I mean, as far as "very clearly influenced by Jojo"-comics go, there are worse things that might stand a chance of getting popular once again.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Speaking of bad animation, another trailer for EX-ARM has been unleashed on an unprepared public:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTX3wT5ynec

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
That looks like such poo poo. Crunchyroll really needs someone on the JP side of things where they can make demands like “please actually hire someone that knows 3D animation”

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Black Stones posted:

That looks like such poo poo. Crunchyroll really needs someone on the JP side of things where they can make demands like “please actually hire someone that knows 3D animation”

I don't believe Crunchyroll has any significant amount of creative control over their 'originals'. They just throw money at IPs they think might be worth their while.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's more likely the level of control they have varies. They've been on production committees before and even as a junior member they'd have been able to make waves regarding direction.

I think it's more likely they just don't care.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kwyndig posted:

It's more likely the level of control they have varies. They've been on production committees before and even as a junior member they'd have been able to make waves regarding direction.

I think it's more likely they just don't care.

They're being bought out by Sony and Funimation, so there's probably zero care-factor from their staff right now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGVohrzDabI

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They're being bought out by Sony and Funimation, so there's probably zero care-factor from their staff right now.

Given what’s happened in recent days with them burning off the rest of that Mayan(?) themed original, that seems the most likely. Hell, this had to have been in production, whatever it counts for, before the buyout but they knew AT&T were on the warpath so maybe the doom had already set in by that point.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Funimation for some reason uploaded Akudama Drive on PS5 (and maybe PS4) with Spanish subs and googling it the problems been there since they uploaded the episode and have done jack poo poo to fix it since it happened. I love when companies feel like they don’t need to give a poo poo. I guess I should find a work around. Apparently works fine if you watch it on PC or phone so maybe just cast it to TV.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Speaking of bad animation, another trailer for EX-ARM has been unleashed on an unprepared public:

I like how the models are completely incapable of moving their lips independently of their jaws - down to the one guy whose lopsided smirk stays on even as his jaws mechanically snap open and closed.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Spiritus Nox posted:

I like how the models are completely incapable of moving their lips independently of their jaws - down to the one guy whose lopsided smirk stays on even as his jaws mechanically snap open and closed.

My favourite is the total lack of eye movement beyond the rare occasional blink so they all stare dead-eyed straight ahead.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Darth Walrus posted:

dont have sound on atm, but this is all I can imagine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVsl8dYz9jY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1342145641800216576

Go Hands messing up a show before it even airs is amazing