Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Captain Oblivious posted:

Man Cio's critique is not feeling super earned here.

Like who sincerely believes anything different would have happened here except Zaid would also be dead?

Jagganoth is pulling this because he knows Allison is here, which he knows because Allison was on the multiversally televised fighting tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

IMJack posted:

Princess is getting kinda handsy.

hail the ominous hand!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

skaianDestiny posted:

Allison is missing the arm that's holding White Chain and Nyave on the cover. :ohdear:

She is wearing a gauntlet/bracer though?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Bilirubin posted:

She is wearing a gauntlet/bracer though?

I think that's Zoss's prosthetic, it has the same tree emblem

Edit: you are right it looks like her arm above the elbow though

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Cio was never in favor of this tournament deal in the first place and only showed up under extreme protest to keep her gf alive, so while I agree that her argument isn't really one that follows that well from the events of the tournament, it's one she's clearly personally primed to make, because it's an I-told-you-so.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
turns out throwing yourself face first into the most violent beings in creation tends to result in alot of killing and suffering!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Allison couldn't have just waited in the wings forever, though. This violence was imescaple, as a certain frog once said. At least she saved someone in the process.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Schwarzwald posted:

Jagganoth is pulling this because he knows Allison is here, which he knows because Allison was on the multiversally televised fighting tournament.

That is not demonstrated in the text at all. Jagganoth, by all indications, simply pulled this because his armaments are ready. There is nothing to suggest that Allison is a motivating factor for him.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

That is not demonstrated in the text at all. Jagganoth, by all indications, simply pulled this because his armaments are ready. There is nothing to suggest that Allison is a motivating factor for him.
I mean, other than him calling her "the crux of this matter" and demanding the key.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Forgall posted:

I mean, other than him calling her "the crux of this matter" and demanding the key.

He treated her like an after thought and an opportunity at best before shrugging and going about his business when she refused. That does not suggest she is the sole reason he is here in the slightest.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Incubus, at least, seems to think the timetable has been moved up:

Though since everyone in the story is either a liar or an unreliable source, Inky's estimation of the plan may have been flawed from the start. And I don't think that makes Allison responsible for what's happened here either way, this battle was going to start sooner or later.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

FuturePastNow posted:

Though since everyone in the story is either a liar or an unreliable source, Inky's estimation of the plan may have been flawed from the start. And I don't think that makes Allison responsible for what's happened here either way, this battle was going to start sooner or later.

I think Incubus thinks it's too soon, but also Jagganoth knows Incubus intends to betray him - they've been open about it.
So Jagganoth might well have decided he could afford to attack earlier than planned, in order to ensure Incubus' contingency plans were ruined.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

He treated her like an after thought and an opportunity at best before shrugging and going about his business when she refused. That does not suggest she is the sole reason he is here in the slightest.

The fact that he showed up in Allison's location, after her location was made public, and then immediately addressed her, does in fact suggest she is the reason he is here.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
This confrontation was going to happen sooner or later, but since Jaggy saw an opportunity to snag the master Key of Kings while he's at it he got started a littler sooner than planned.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

The fact that he showed up in Allison's location, after her location was made public, and then immediately addressed her, does in fact suggest she is the reason he is here.

Her location has been publically broadcasted for some time now. The tournament literally had an entire day worth of time lapse between the free for all and White Chain’s final bout with Salami Dave to say nothing of the time frame that the qualifying rounds took.

Allison’s location is not new information nor was she even involved in the events preceding Jagganoth’s entry.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Allison’s location is not new information nor was she even involved in the events preceding Jagganoth’s entry.

She was literally a finalist.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

She was literally a finalist.

24 hours ago. She was a bench warmer as Jagganoth made his entry.

Her presence is not new information and there is no reason to believe the public availability of that information is Jagganoth's motivation at present. That could certainly change with sufficient exposition, but it's not a very compelling case given what we presently know.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

24 hours ago. She was a bench warmer as Jagganoth made his entry.

Her presence is not new information and there is no reason to believe the public availability of that information is Jagganoth's motivation at present. That could certainly change with sufficient exposition, but it's not a very compelling case given what we presently know.

yeah given that Jaggs was like "hey so u wanna give me that Key of Kings? no? okay well back to my war then" it doesn't seem like Allison is really much of a motivation for him

she was more a "it'd be nice if she'd save me some time and let me do omnicide instantly, but whatever" thing

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

eke out posted:

yeah given that Jaggs was like "hey so u wanna give me that Key of Kings? no? okay well back to my war then" it doesn't seem like Allison is really much of a motivation for him

she was more a "it'd be nice if she'd save me some time and let me do omnicide instantly, but whatever" thing

Also, if she said yes, several of the other demiurges would have probably gone for her in a panic almost immediately and might have hurt each other, whether accidentally or even intentionally in trying to be the one to actually get the key, or at the least probably would have been distracted enough for him to get a sucker punch in and make things easier. It was probably a ploy on his part, since he saw the opportunity and probably isn't exactly concerned with making this a super honorable fight or whatever.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

He knows that it never hurts to ask.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

FuturePastNow posted:

He knows that it never hurts to ask.

Honestly, it's this. Jagganoth is the practical one.

But he certainly didn't go out of his way to convince her.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Though if he’s really interested in her Key, why wouldn’t he just try to lash out at her without even giving her any warning that he’s aware of her presence? Especially if it would (supposedly) let him skip straight to the last step of his plans.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Regalingualius posted:

Though if he’s really interested in her Key, why wouldn’t he just try to lash out at her without even giving her any warning that he’s aware of her presence? Especially if it would (supposedly) let him skip straight to the last step of his plans.

The easiest way to get something is to ask for it politely.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Yes? Within 24 hours after her location becomes knowledge Jagganoth shows up.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Also he doesn't actually know her power level yet, and the Six are there. But if she were to try to hand it over to him, that would be a real problem for everyone who isn't Jagganoth. I'm unclear on whether he could just yank out the key right here right now, and it's not like just having the key would win the fight instantly based on Mottom and Solomon's behavior. So there's some degree of uncertainty around all that.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

He didn't even ask for her key though. He asked for her strength. She could give him her emissary status presumably. Its conceivable she could have just said "oh Metatron, yeah gently caress them here ya go big guy" and poof Yaruba mostly remains intact

e; I bet Gog Agog would have loved that turn

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i respect jagganoth for carving through the corpse reality. I'd say this isn't even sharp rock level but a half step forwards.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

This feels apropos

https://twitter.com/__fembot/status/1340373586427727874?s=21

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Schwarzwald posted:

Yes? Within 24 hours after her location becomes knowledge Jagganoth shows up.

Why would he have waited more than 23 hours and 59 minutes?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

well one does need to pack for these things

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

fritz posted:

"Today is a good day for war. Yesterday and tomorrow, not so much."

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

and the cows always bear witness

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

ah, the two genders

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

paranoid randroid posted:

ah, the two genders

Angry and Longing?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

fritz posted:

I dont know about you, but if I suddenly needed all of my swords to go to a function and I had spent millennia not having any reason to use my swords it'd take me some time to round em all up too!

Jagganoth puts his feet up on his coffee table and turns on the tv, sees allison, and sighs and goes to clean out his sword garage

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Jagganoth spent 24 hours fretting over which of his 8015 demiurge-killing swords he should bring with him and ended up getting lost in the arsenal.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

He was probably watching that final fight like everybody else.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

FuturePastNow posted:

He was probably watching that final fight like everybody else.

"Did that Angel just turn into a woman?! Well guess I need to start a universal war as a worthy follow up."

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Donkringel posted:

"Did that Angel just turn into a woman?! Well guess I need to start a universal war as a worthy follow up."

Nah, I see it more as like Bane watching the kid sing in The Dark Knight Rises. He's gonna attack anyway, but no sense being impolite when you can still make your own grand entrance after they've wrapped up the first act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nah, I see it more as like Bane watching the kid sing in The Dark Knight Rises. He's gonna attack anyway, but no sense being impolite when you can still make your own grand entrance after they've wrapped up the first act.

Maybe he just likes a good fight. There was even a remote chance of it leaving him with five demiurges instead of six.