Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

spankmeister posted:

Brexit means your familiy being rendered into tallow

Brexit means Bones Are Exiting my body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

quote:

Tesco encouraged customers to “shop as normal” as it had plenty of food up to 25 December.

ADEQUATE FOOD THROUGH CHRISTMAS

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
There will be adequate food

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Tesco's like,money now, starve later.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

mrmcd posted:

Tesco encouraged customers to “shop as normal” as it had plenty of food up to 25 December.

I'm having a hard time imagining a less reassuring statement. "You probably won't die in the next ten or fifteen minutes."

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
boxing day you can just eat your leftovers and we'll see where it goes from there

you may not need eyes to see where it goes

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

prefect posted:

Maybe it's all a big plan to make the term "limey" no longer apply.

there's historical continuity here, as "limey" (sailors who drink rum and lime juice) was a phrase that emerged because of international trade

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

i say swears online posted:

there's historical continuity here, as "limey" (sailors who drink rum and lime juice) was a phrase that emerged because of international trade

Brexit bringing back scurvy would be pretty funny ngl.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

mrmcd posted:

Brexit bringing back scurvy would be pretty funny ngl.

Keep in mind that every part of the dandelion plant is edible and also contains vitamin C.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

sullat posted:

Keep in mind that every part of the dandelion plant is edible and also contains vitamin C.

there will be adequate weeds

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

i wonder how fast the entire population of the uk can strip-mine all potentially nutritious plants from their cursèd isle

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
doing a north korea speedrun

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Working dandelions foraged from the side of the motorway into my diet so I don't die of a 16th century disease to own the french.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i hear there's also plenty of piss there thanks to "lorry drivers" (whatever the gently caress a "lorry" is)

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

GBBO 2023 Season is just 6 sundowning british grans and 1 aloof fit mum trying to hammer hardtack into something edible and frosting with reduced beetroot juice. Immediately vote the viewing public favourite season because "ayy we eh finnaly got rid of dem foreigners and poofs."

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Judakel posted:

doing a north korea speedrun

Broke: The Special Relationship

Woke: The Special Period

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

taskmaster but every task contains the word “forage”

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Squizzle posted:

Farage's Foragers

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

"Well, Hebe, it went like this..."

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Squizzle posted:

Using only the ingredients provided, feed yourself and your family for the next six months. Your time starts now.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

"There's no ingredients?"
"They're as the benefits of Brexit, chum(p)."

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Did Brexit mutate the British rona?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

monty python's "cheese shop" but the customer is mighty peckish

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Using only the ingredients provided, feed yourself and your family for the next six months. Your time starts now.

poach quail from the king's forest. if you get caught by the gamekeeper, you will be disqualified and hanged. most quail poached wins. you have 4 hours. your time starts at 11:59pm on december 31, 2020

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

mrmcd posted:

Working dandelions foraged from the side of the motorway into my diet so I don't die of a 16th century disease to own the french.

Excerpt from the OP of the thread The Britgoon's Foraging Guide: A Balanced Brexit posted:

Foraging and hunting for wild food is a potentially hazardous activity. Whilst we try to make sure this thread is as accurate and informative as possible there is ALWAYS the possibility of misidentifying a plant or other item and the descriptions given might also apply to similar toxic plants. Common names cannot be relied upon as they change from region to region, and there are some similar names for very different plants.

You should always be confident of the identification of a plant, fungus or lichen BEFORE you touch it and especially before you put it anywhere near your mouth. The best way to do that is by checking with this thread or asking in the discord.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

redleader posted:

i wonder how fast the entire population of the uk can strip-mine all potentially nutritious plants from their cursèd isle

Well I imagine a lot of people are going to die so not that fast. Luckily.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

redleader posted:

poach quail from the king's forest. if you get caught by the gamekeeper, you will be disqualified and hanged. most quail poached wins. you have 4 hours. your time starts at 11:59pm on december 31, 2020

you'll get a folk song made about you that will be sung offtune by thousands of brexit bards to come

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FGYzZ7sNvY

Is this the national anthem yet?

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Kreeblah posted:

Britannia waives the rules.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
the trick is don't shoot ducks at the duck pond, find the pond they fly off to out in the woods away from prying eyes and shoot them there

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

only if you include red and piss tories

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

can't wait for starmer's Gordy style relaunch only for steve bell to get fired for it

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

how fast does scurvy set in because i don't think there's too many dandelions growing in britain in december

perhaps the government could put out some advice on which breeds of dog contain vitamin C

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Bring back the rum ration imo. A pint of navy strength rum per day for each man, woman and child.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Dustcat posted:

how fast does scurvy set in because i don't think there's too many dandelions growing in britain in december

perhaps the government could put out some advice on which breeds of dog contain vitamin C

About 3 months or so but it depends on how much the body has stored. Here's a fascinating article about how the world "forgot" how to cure scurvy for a bit, and also arctic explorers: https://idlewords.com/2010/03/scott_and_scurvy.htm

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/jamiesont/status/1341460055875448832

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
good old fashioned holiday blitz spirit

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

spankmeister posted:

Bring back the rum ration imo. A pint of navy strength rum per day for each man, woman and child.

didn't they water down the rum in the navy? which is appropriate, because you were never guaranteed adequate alcohol

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

spankmeister posted:

rations of sodomy & the lash, however, will be means tested

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

i hear there's also plenty of piss there thanks to "lorry drivers" (whatever the gently caress a "lorry" is)

I think you call it a sidewalk