Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Libluini posted:

Something like this:

Research center (basic)
-> Academy of Science (Social 2:1:1)
-> Engineering School (Engineering 2:1:1)
-> Institute of Cosmology (Physics 2:1:1)

And then ramp it up by making the even more advanced buildings spit out 3x, 4x and so on times as much of their primary resource. I'd really like the option to alter my research output in other ways besides specialized pops gene-engineered to be better at a specific research resource

That's.... exactly how it was in 1.0, actually. Exactly. Hrm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Serephina posted:

edit: Oh, and in browsing the wiki I found out why I've never had the Robot Uprising midgame crisis in yoonks; they removed a base game feature available in 1.0 and put it behind a DLC (Synthetic Dawn). I'm... not surprised, the fuckers. The total shitfuckers.

The Machine Uprising midgame crisis was introduced in Synthetic Dawn, it was never part of the base game. The "Synthetic" dangerous tech crisis was reworked into the Contingency.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
edit: Mea culpa, reading is hard for simple minds.

Bullshit.

I played 1.0 and had an AI uprising event.. due to something, I don't know. I do know that it bugged out and I needed to google console commands on what flags to trigger so it'd recognize that I'd researched the tech... to detect robot insurgents wearing fake human skin? Also the rest of the galaxy went tits-up as they kept making robot workers who'd instantly turn into 2 robot armies invading their periphery worlds. Was a giant clusterfuck, that's not something you forget.

Serephina fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Dec 19, 2020

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Serephina posted:

Bullshit.

I played 1.0 and had an AI uprising event.. due to something, I don't know. I do know that it bugged out and I needed to google console commands on what flags to trigger so it'd recognize that I'd researched the tech... to detect robot insurgents wearing fake human skin? Also the rest of the galaxy went tits-up as they kept making robot workers who'd instantly turn into 2 robot armies invading their periphery worlds. Was a giant clusterfuck, that's not something you forget.

Yes, that's what the old AI Rebellion crisis did.

https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/index.php?title=Crisis&oldid=13733#AI_Rebellion

As I said, this was reworked into the Contingency crisis. Mid-game crises are comparatively recent additions.

Big thumbs up for your confidence without even bothering to google, though.

[edit]

The dev diary talking about the reasons they changed the AI Rebellion crisis to the Contingency: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/stellaris-dev-diary-72-crises-the-contingency.1026439/

MrL_JaKiri fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Dec 19, 2020

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Serephina posted:

Bullshit.

That was an endgame crisis. It was replaced by the Contingency. Just like MrL_JaKiri said.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

This game really is a mess when it comes down to the fine details.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
The lasers go pew real good.

e: "You fool, you buffoon, you absolute numpty, what are you doing using lasers at that stage of gameplay? You should have beelined for the Grand Panjandrum event chain, giving you Nano-Femto-Ejaculodispensers, resulting in a 2.263% DPS upgrade against alpacas."

Dareon fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Dec 19, 2020

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Dareon posted:

The lasers go pew real good.

e: "You fool, you buffoon, you absolute numpty, what are you doing using lasers at that stage of gameplay? You should have beelined for the Grand Panjandrum event chain, giving you Nano-Femto-Ejaculodispensers, resulting in a 2.263% DPS upgrade against alpacas."
Too true. But you need to hold off on researching the DongCrusher kinetic weapon tech because you get 10% tech progress of it as a reward from picking a specific option in one of the side events. Researching all of it is wasting science. :smug:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
https://twitter.com/StellarisGame/status/1340277461775486977

Who wants a pack of 15 new Origins to mess with?

I've only looked at two really so far (Absolute Zero starts you with some bonuses but you'd better do the special projects and start stocking up on alloys promptly Or Else, and a brief look at Factory Automation which I kinda only skimmed but I think it's the modder just flexing their version of sector/auto developmental AI) but mod origins tend to do some really cool mechanical/story things, so check them out!

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Splicer posted:

Dev Diary:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/stellaris-dev-diary-195-happy-holidays-help-stellaris.1448591/
Job ads and confirmation of espionage. Anyone with an account now is the time to copy paste your :derp:ESPIONAGE:derp: posts where the devs might see them

Some species should be extremely difficult for other empires to infiltrate. Like hiveminds or robots or species from different types.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Armadillo Tank posted:

Some species should be extremely difficult for other empires to infiltrate. Like hiveminds or robots or species from different types.

Depends. If the devs decide to be crippling incompetent, they could go down the SEV-route, where even incomprehensible robot-people can be easily infiltrated by just doing the robot when crossing the border

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
This depends on infiltration being modeled as like actual physical spies walking around on a planet and not tiny stealth spy ships doing SIGINT.

otoh, anyone you can send envoys to is someone you have some physical space to infiltrate.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

GunnerJ posted:

This depends on infiltration being modeled as like actual physical spies walking around on a planet and not tiny stealth spy ships doing SIGINT.

otoh, anyone you can send envoys to is someone you have some physical space to infiltrate.

Optimally, we'd be allowed to design our own stealth ships, with different upgrades to make them either stealthier or more effective at SIGINT.

But I'm already prepared for dumb poo poo like in SEV, where if your empire generates enough spy points you can make enemy planets and ships revolt even if you're playing an insectoid hivemind and the other guys are intelligent crystals.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Right but that's an extra dumb application of the Spy Novel Bullshit problem I was going on about earlier. Even if they aren't a hive mind, just spending a currency to cause a revolt is way too dramatic, and shocking if done to the player. On the other hand, something more subtle like messing with pop ethos or happiness is both less of a pain to deal with and lets the outcome be a factor of how the empire is otherwise doing. (For hives/machines, though, you could still maybe influence drone deviancy through hostile pheromones/psi-waves or hacking idk.)

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

GunnerJ posted:

Hum, I wonder if it would be practical to make fleets doing patrols in border systems help resist espionage. Put that piracy protection stat to use and give a reason not to just sit your fleet docked at your shipyard all the time.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

GunnerJ posted:

Right but that's an extra dumb application of the Spy Novel Bullshit problem I was going on about earlier. Even if they aren't a hive mind, just spending a currency to cause a revolt is way too dramatic, and shocking if done to the player. On the other hand, something more subtle like messing with pop ethos or happiness is both less of a pain to deal with and lets the outcome be a factor of how the empire is otherwise doing. (For hives/machines, though, you could still maybe influence drone deviancy through hostile pheromones/psi-waves or hacking idk.)
If they game's systems were more fully developed then there's a bunch of neat stuff you could do with spy stuff. Like, if internal politics were a thing and rebellions were something a large empire always had to keep an eye out for even when they are playing "well" then spy stuff could hook into that, let you poke the numbers in another empire to make an already forming rebellion a little more likely to succeed or kick off a the rebellion precursors or direct a brewing rebellion to occur somewhere more favourable to you etc. And since in this hypothetical internal strife and rebellions are a well fleshed out part of the game, the target would be able to interact with and attempt to counter or minimise the damage organically through the existing systems.

Of course there is no well fleshed out internal politics system, so "triggering a rebellion" espionage is either going to not exist, be a bespoke event chain, or suck balls. And the last two are sadly not mutually exclusive. Repeat for pretty much all the other potentially cool Spy Novel Bullshit

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Is there a list of suggested mods?

And do y'all play as standard empires or gestalt more? Or as DE/DA/DS?

no_tears
Dec 20, 2020

Bing Bong

ilkhan posted:

I really like the NSC2 mod packs. They add new ship classes and some QOL upgrades. And UI Overhaul Dynamic is nice because you’ll be able to see everything in one window and not have to scroll. Just two of my top ones right now.

And I’m definitely into gestalt more, but when I play standard empires I like to go for either xenophile focused if I’m feeling nice and want to spread out quickly to alliance build, or go religious slavers and build a really strong eco.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Bremen posted:

Hum, I wonder if it would be practical to make fleets doing patrols in border systems help resist espionage. Put that piracy protection stat to use and give a reason not to just sit your fleet docked at your shipyard all the time.

If they make that even more required, please gods just make it a one button thing like EU4 and let me just press "Suppress Pirates" and my fleet goes and does that without me needing to micromanage every stage of the route.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Eimi posted:

If they make that even more required, please gods just make it a one button thing like EU4 and let me just press "Suppress Pirates" and my fleet goes and does that without me needing to micromanage every stage of the route.

Problem is that if you have a big empire it can take months for ships to move around. There are no garrision fleets or simple pickets you can call up. It would be annoying and dealing with that would be boring and just removing you from the parts of the game that works.

Also:

Splicer posted:

If they game's systems were more fully developed then there's a bunch of neat stuff you could do with spy stuff. Like, if internal politics were a thing and rebellions were something a large empire always had to keep an eye out for even when they are playing "well" then spy stuff could hook into that, let you poke the numbers in another empire to make an ...
I primary robots/have to avoid this. So I haven't seen anything in stellaris for int poli that was ever good.

I started to try playing shadow empires to find a new game and loathing what awaits me (I haven't got beyond starting a game and poking the map a bit)

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

ilkhan posted:

There are a billion posts about which mods are worth installing but if there's any one mod you should pick up, it's Carrying Capacity. Also both standard and gestalt empires are fun, and you should try both, they're tons of fun. Despite this thread's bellyaching about this terrible trash game, we can't stay away from it because nobody wants to admit that despite its flaws it's fuckin' fun. We all have Stockholm Syndrome, and it's too late for you to save yourself. You're one of us now. Play Stellaris forever, and always take plasma over lasers.

Horace Kinch fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Dec 21, 2020

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
As someone who's wrapping up another vanilla run: It Ain't Fun. I just had a lot of free time this pre-christmas week and decided to check to see if the stove was still hot to touch.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Serephina posted:

As someone who's wrapping up another vanilla run: It Ain't Fun. I just had a lot of free time this pre-christmas week and decided to check to see if the stove was still hot to touch.

Get some mods nerd

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I had to disable them as game was broken, so I just shrugged and decided to to a cheevo run, since I never actually save/load anyways. Mistakes where made, shoulda just done the EL community mod.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Honestly of anything Guilli's Planet Modifiers is what's necessary mod wise.

Vanilla planets are so boring and in a lot of cases simply so garbage I turned 1/3 of my worlds into Ecumenopolis in a game before.

Gigastructures are nice because they give an inbetween between megastructures and just straight up nothing.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

ilkhan posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3850079&pagenumber=1218&perpage=40#post509843388

and

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3850079&pagenumber=1218&perpage=40#post509846306

were pretty recent semi-effortposts by me on mods.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

/Me looks at first list
Are you sure you're still playing stellaris at that point? Lol
I'll take a look at all of those
And how would you get to the wild space systems? Science vessel tunneling or jump drives I guess.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

Honestly of anything Guilli's Planet Modifiers is what's necessary mod wise.

Vanilla planets are so boring and in a lot of cases simply so garbage I turned 1/3 of my worlds into Ecumenopolis in a game before.

Gigastructures are nice because they give an inbetween between megastructures and just straight up nothing.

Guilli's is pretty much mandatory, yeah. I like his tech mod as well, but not the weapon one. I haven't tried gigastructures, but it looks like it adds too much stuff, which is my issue with Guilli's weapon mod.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Adding to Black Pants' effort post:

necessary third party tool:

Irony Mod Manager - the default Stellaris launcher is awful and mainly there to put ads in your face, this will bypass it. You can also package your mods into one huge mod to make it load faster and do diff checking to see what mod is breaking what other mod (don't do this unless you REALLY know what you're doing, and probably not even then)

total overhauls (you can't use these with any of the below, or each other):

Star Trek: New Horizons - turns Stellaris into a grand strategy Star Trek game. Ridiculously lore accurate, tons of detail, insanely good. Warning: the default map is huge and will stress your PC
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - a fork of New Horizons if you are overwhelmed by the new stuff it introduced, SNW is more similar to vanilla Stellaris.
Star Wars: Fallen Republic - from the New Horizons team, but this time it's Star Wars. Not as well developed as NH because it's newer.

bug fixes:

Universal Modifier Patch / Universal Resource Patch - fixmods which make sure all the resources that mods add work together. Keep at bottom of load order.
The Merger of Rules - mod which takes other common mods and makes them compatible with each other. Keep at bottom of load order.
Habitats Capped Dynamic - mod which stops the AI from going haywire building 9000 empty habitats, a major cause of lag (and also just dumb)
AI Species Limit - mod which stops the AI from making 9000000 subspecies just because they can
Hemothep's Dynamic Difficulty - mod which goes a step beyond the game's default scaling difficulty to actually put a thumb on the scale and boost/suppress AI empires to make more of a challenge. I tend to prefer this over stuff like Starnet which just tries to make the AI 100% kill you
Tier Numbers Buildings / Tier Numbers Tech - listing these in bug fixes because this REALLY should be in the base game. Puts a little number on techs and buildings so you know which tier is which at a glance

game system changes:

Carrying Capacity - changes population growth to be based more on available room and less on how quickly your pops hump each other. The base game is getting something very much like this next patch, so you may as well start now.
Automatic Pop Migration - so you don't go insane resettling pops manually
Exalted Dominion / Vassals Expanded and Reworked - these two mods (the second requires/builds on the first) makes vassals unique and useful - depending on your ethics you can really customize how your minions work
Expanded Traditions / Plentiful Traditions / Lots of Traditions (Only PT and EST) - these mods add a ton of new traditions to spend your unity on. The "Lots of Traditions" mod merges the first two for one big sack of traditions.
Advanced Ascension - new ascension perks which you'll want if you're going through tons of traditions. A lot of them require / build off each other which is pretty cool.
Masters of Nature - buffs the Mastery of Nature perk to let you do things like build sky cities and underground factories

new events and content:
Gigastructures - adds a bunch of new megastructures, from mid-game "nice to have" things to insanely weirdly overpowered things. Turn a star into a giant computer! Build a dyson sphere at the center of the galaxy with infinite population! Make a moon that shoots at people! MAKE A FLEET OF GIANT MOONS LASHED TOGETHER! I'm beginning to think the endgame of Gigastructures is actually a sophisticated parody of Stellaris modding gone horribly wrong.
Guilli's Planet Modifiers - really pretty much required at this point, makes planets much more interesting and unique
District Overhaul 2 - like GPM, but more.
Planetary Diversity - adds a lot of new planet types
#MODJAM2020 - 15 new origins that just came out from an all star team of modders eager to get a free video card
Leviathan Events Xtended - Legacy - resurrection of an older mod which introduces incredibly powerful leviathans that will make you glad you installed all the other mods that made you powerful beyond measure
More Events Mod / Precursor Story Pack / Archeology Story Pack - like they imply in the name

new races/fleets/graphics:
Space Greeks and Romans - because why not. includes some pretty funny preset empires, and some new origins (make a deal with the Titans)
Space Catholics - because REALLY why not. My main beef here is Stellaris does not support numeric title inheritances for Space Popes.
Space Egyptians - I think you see where this is going
Remastered Human Portraits - make default humans look better. Do NOT install other reworked human mods unless you really like anime boobs
Remastered Elves - brings the humanoid vulcan/elf race up to the quality of Remastered Human Portraits
Evil ExHumans - a human race with gas masks and lots of black uniforms, because 2020
Backgrounds Collection - improved graphics for a good chunk of the game UI
Quadrant Fixed - adds labels to galaxy quadrants, it looks cool
UI Overhaul Dynamic - really required at this point, makes the UI use all your available screen space. Lots of submods that support various other mods, pick and choose
Tiny Outliner v2 / Tiny Fleets - fixes the outliner so it's usable
Kurogane Expanded (New) - new ship graphics that are really detailed, good for humans and look less dumb than default
United Fleet - new ship graphics, has a very US Navy look to them
Machine Shipset - new ship graphics which work well for ro-bot empires

mod which really doesn't work with anything else:
RealSpace - the work of one crazy Russian modder to make the game more 'real', lots of great art, and I like his attempt to make the Sol star space more based on reality, but it really doesn't coexist well with most other mods

mods other people like but i don't:
AlphaMod - just adds way too much cruft for my liking, isn't compatible with that much, and the author is kinda a jerk
Ancient Cache of Technology - adds brand new tiers of technology that will make you insanely powerful. TOO overpowered in my view, plus you have to rip out your entire economy and retool it around dark matter which is a pain for the stage of the game you'll be doing it in
NSC - adds new ship classes, I think it's overkill

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

ilkhan posted:

/Me looks at first list
Are you sure you're still playing stellaris at that point? Lol
I'll take a look at all of those
And how would you get to the wild space systems? Science vessel tunneling or jump drives I guess.

Wild Space systems are just like regular ones with regular starlanes and such, they just lack a star so a starbase can't be built there, and thus they can't be claimed by anyone. You can still travel through them normally.

Edit: Also I only just realised I completely failed to mention Crisis Manager, which gives you a big detailed menu of variables to set about how crises work. It pops up at the start of the game but you can open it later with an edict if you want. But you can set, say, how many times the Khan revives after being killed (to infinite if you like) and how long they live before dying of natural causes (or remove that entirely) and even how many Khans can spawn.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Dec 22, 2020

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

real space works just fine with most things as long as you don't use any of the system scaling parts. well, and as long as you don't mind the occasional giant sun with planets inside of it. happens once or twice a game.

all of the various space objects as well as the basic logic for constructing systems look and feel so much better than any of the alternatives i think it's worth it

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Black Pants posted:

Wild Space systems are just like regular ones with regular starlanes and such, they just lack a star so a starbase can't be built there, and thus they can't be claimed by anyone. You can still travel through them normally.
Ah. Well thats pretty cool.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Archenteron posted:

https://twitter.com/StellarisGame/status/1340277461775486977

Who wants a pack of 15 new Origins to mess with?

I've only looked at two really so far (Absolute Zero starts you with some bonuses but you'd better do the special projects and start stocking up on alloys promptly Or Else, and a brief look at Factory Automation which I kinda only skimmed but I think it's the modder just flexing their version of sector/auto developmental AI) but mod origins tend to do some really cool mechanical/story things, so check them out!

This is pretty cool and I've been playing around with a few of them. Quality varies for sure but they're neat additions to the game.

Containment Failure: You play a machine empire trapped on a planet by EM generators in the eight orbiting moons, when the generators start to fail and let you out. A cool origin especially if you want to roleplay as a determined exterminator. Definitely some missed opportunities for better lore and the end result is maybe a little overpowered but it's pretty original.

Lost Spawn: Your species was created by a space being and guided through most of their history by it before it suddenly abandoned them. Pretty lame and lots of missed opportunities to tell a better story. The climax of finding your creator was underwhelming for such a cool setup. Plus your end reward is a forced ethics change, ugh.

Subterranean: Your civilization developed and evolved in your planet's extensive cave network. Neat, low impact origin. No story or mystery to solve, you just get a homeworld effect that gives you extra housing and districts but makes maintenance worse. They also take away your initial lab and replace it with an engineering-focused special building (you can still build regular labs) and give you new tech options to exploit the caves on your colony worlds. Feels unique and balanced!

Going to try a few more and report back.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So I came across a new event. One of the planets had a advanced society on it already. Okay cool, i watch them, someone unites the world and then demands their system. Fair enough, were just watching you. They asked for some of my planets and i said no, and again, and again no. Eventually they started a war with me. The issue is that they are literally spitting out fleets at 200k power every month when I barely have 15k in 2 fleets. I'm playing a radical pacifist empire so I can't maintain a large military. Even the mos aggressive empire in the galaxy barely has one of their fleets in their total power.

EDIT: On further examination they have an attack moon, which is the 200k fleet, but their other fleets are around 20k and they keep appearing each month. Still, unlike raider empires who just rampage for a bit then fall apart or settle down, these guys cannot be stopped.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 23, 2020

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

So I came across a new event. One of the planets had a advanced society on it already. Okay cool, i watch them, someone unites the world and then demands their system. Fair enough, were just watching you. They asked for some of my planets and i said no, and again, and again no. Eventually they started a war with me. The issue is that they are literally spitting out fleets at 200k power every month when I barely have 15k in 2 fleets. I'm playing a radical pacifist empire so I can't maintain a large military. Even the mos aggressive empire in the galaxy barely has one of their fleets in their total power.

EDIT: On further examination they have an attack moon, which is the 200k fleet, but their other fleets are around 20k and they keep appearing each month. Still, unlike raider empires who just rampage for a bit then fall apart or settle down, these guys cannot be stopped.

Sounds like you're playing with the Gigastructures mod. They added that empire as a "mid game crisis" and it's hilariously broken - they will literally expand to eat the entire galaxy within months. Need to disable "Katzenreich" or whatever it's called in the initial setup screen if you want to avoid it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lum_ posted:

Sounds like you're playing with the Gigastructures mod. They added that empire as a "mid game crisis" and it's hilariously broken - they will literally expand to eat the entire galaxy within months. Need to disable "Katzenreich" or whatever it's called in the initial setup screen if you want to avoid it.

Good lord. And yea, I had no idea. Like literally they had fleets everywhere. They barreled through the zelot empire and then ate the Fallen Empire that was just below us. The thing is it wouldn't let me move fleets into their territory even after I cheated and created some new fleets. Like it said I didn't have permission, even though we were still at war.

God drat German Space Cats.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
And people ask me why I play Vanilla?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

twistedmentat posted:

Good lord. And yea, I had no idea. Like literally they had fleets everywhere. They barreled through the zelot empire and then ate the Fallen Empire that was just below us. The thing is it wouldn't let me move fleets into their territory even after I cheated and created some new fleets. Like it said I didn't have permission, even though we were still at war.

God drat German Space Cats.

just turn it off.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Serephina posted:

And people ask me why I play Vanilla?

Yea but some of the gigastructure stuff is hilarious. Though I'm so used to playing with it I have no idea which is mod and which is vanilla. I'd hate to lose the techs that let me do stuff like create alloy foundries out of stars or turn various worlds into habitable.

Yami Fenrir posted:

just turn it off.

That's the plan. It's too bad because its a pretty neat idea.

I'm looking at a thread on reddit and there's someone bragging how they had no problem beating them because they had over a million fleet power by 2300 with one min maxed shipyard and I really want to know what he possibly could have done to get that many ships that fast. I always have issues building lots of ships until a lot later, even building stations that having nothing but shipyards. Though not all because I always make along boarders that i have aggressive empires verdun systems full of heavily defended stations to slow down any invasions. Yes I know i could have ships there, but the fleet cap is only so high.

Here's another question I've had forever, if you have psi ascension perk available, should you always take it? I noticed that in most tier lists of the APs its always rated fairly low. Also I've never gotten to the fun part of worshiping the chaos gods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

twistedmentat posted:

Yea but some of the gigastructure stuff is hilarious. Though I'm so used to playing with it I have no idea which is mod and which is vanilla. I'd hate to lose the techs that let me do stuff like create alloy foundries out of stars or turn various worlds into habitable.

That's the plan. It's too bad because its a pretty neat idea.

I'm looking at a thread on reddit and there's someone bragging how they had no problem beating them because they had over a million fleet power by 2300 with one min maxed shipyard and I really want to know what he possibly could have done to get that many ships that fast. I always have issues building lots of ships until a lot later, even building stations that having nothing but shipyards. Though not all because I always make along boarders that i have aggressive empires verdun systems full of heavily defended stations to slow down any invasions. Yes I know i could have ships there, but the fleet cap is only so high.

Here's another question I've had forever, if you have psi ascension perk available, should you always take it? I noticed that in most tier lists of the APs its always rated fairly low. Also I've never gotten to the fun part of worshiping the chaos gods.

I mean the katzen whatever empire, not the entire giga structures mod. It does give you the menu at the start for a reason.

Also I personally don't like the psi path. Gigastructures has some stuff unique to psy empires though.