Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It's just RNG that's just your brain seeing patterns when there are none. Eventually the thing you want will spawn, but I mean..I hope you really want it because the schematics the stores have aren't that great. You might be better served finding an outfit you like and just looking up a guide for finding it.\

I haven't seen anyone mention it but have y'all seen enemies fall over each others corpses? It's the best little touch I've ever seen. They'll come running around a corner and trip and fall on their buddies corpse.

i'm just looking for some techgogs and bd wreaths that will look good - could care less about the stats at this point and i gave up a long time ago trying to hunt for bps (they don't exist).

someone earlier i think made an interesting suggestion: that if you had tech skills or perks, if you disassembled the item, you could learn how to craft it. that would go a long way to making the crafting gameplay loop feel a lot smoother and less brutal than it currently is. the least they could do is let you craft multiple things at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Turin Turambar posted:

67 hours played and my save is 5,279mb. I don't know what the hell you have to do to reach 8mb. And I have crafted three 'batches' of crafted products to sell. Maybe if you do thousands upon thousands of them.

I played for 102 hours and basically did everything there is except buying all the cars. I also had the auto disassemble perk for junk from the very beginning. I did an enormous amount of disassembly and a decent amount of crafting and upgrading.

My save file is 5.5 mb. I think the people hitting 8mb are either getting some form of corruption, or they are doing stuff like memory editing and console commands that end up breaking something.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Last King posted:

i'm just looking for some techgogs and bd wreaths that will look good - could care less about the stats at this point and i gave up a long time ago trying to hunt for bps (they don't exist).

someone earlier i think made an interesting suggestion: that if you had tech skills or perks, if you disassembled the item, you could learn how to craft it. that would go a long way to making the crafting gameplay loop feel a lot smoother and less brutal than it currently is. the least they could do is let you craft multiple things at once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t87cLndQSL8

I'm pretty sure there's some legendary eyewear you'll find acceptable in that.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
there's no way to sell stolen vehicles is there?

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

lol johnny spoilers they should have either done a cinematic music video or cut to 3rd person for you playing with Samurai at the club because doing it in first person looked pretty dumb

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Dear thread, I may have a problem, I've got 90 hours on the clock, I still haven't played through most of the Act 2 main story missions and I'm about to start over for the 4th time because I want to change up my appearance and play style ( I do wish there was an attribute respec, I know about the tool to modify your appearance though ). I am absolutely loving the game.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

ZombyDog posted:

Dear thread, I may have a problem, I've got 90 hours on the clock, I still haven't played through most of the Act 2 main story missions and I'm about to start over for the 4th time because I want to change up my appearance and play style ( I do wish there was an attribute respec, I know about the tool to modify your appearance though ). I am absolutely loving the game.

There's a respec consumable you can buy in some stores. It costs 100k, iirc. I'm actually not sure if it refunds attribute points, but it'd be weird if it doesn't.

ughhhh posted:

Loving the fact that night city is set so that you set so you aren't the biggest issue. If you pay attention there are a bunch of things happening concurrently that are more important to others like the fixer from the USSR, miltech/NUSA border issues or the whole election and government manipulation going on without you. But it sucks that all of that texture is walled behind the awful shard/log inventory system.

There's a few side quests that touch these. But yeah, mostly it's wallpaper.

itry fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Dec 22, 2020

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Loving the fact that night city is set so that you aren't the biggest issue. If you pay attention there are a bunch of things happening concurrently that are more important to others like the fixer from the USSR, miltech/NUSA border issues or the whole election and government manipulation going on without you. But it sucks that all of that texture is walled behind the awful shard/log inventory system. But there are great things like all those other crews freaking out in Afterlife planning or dying. Just wish CDPR had more time.

itry posted:

There's a few side quests that touch these. But yeah, mostly it's wallpaper.

It's great when you do a gig for Wakako and it turns out you just played a small part in something larger, but I only found out because I tortured myself reading through a whole backlog of shards and txt that were piling up.

ughhhh fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Dec 22, 2020

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

itry posted:

There's a respec consumable you can buy in some stores. It costs 100k, iirc. I'm actually not sure if it refunds attribute points, but it'd be weird if it doesn't.

Perk points only. Doesn't give back attribute points.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The Dream On quest definitely feels a bit weird because, in every single other instance of your character discovering something weird or shady, they seem to be compelled to scour the ends of the Earth until they get to the bottom of the mystery or find a solution, even if it's a bad solution. But in this one specific case you're like oh huh this is pretty messed up. Well guess I'm done here.

You can say it's "realistic" that you can't do anything else about it, but feels like an artificial roadblock that doesn't exist in a lot of other subplots where "realistically" you should be stymied by obstacles at some point, but just get to keep on trucking because of some magic shard you magically happened upon, or something.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Antifa Spacemarine posted:

Ending:

I kind of wished the endings were a bit more different. In all of the main 3 endings you get the same set of options. The Nomad and the Rogue ones make sense to be similar, since they're basically more of the Alt ending but you choose who accompanies you there. I really think the Arasaka ending should've had them "save" V, but it could still be even worse than that alternatives. I could see something like they can cobble V back together, but they've got to stay loyal and on retainer to Araksaka to keep getting treatments. V becomes the ultimate sellout, and basically becomes what killed Jackie in the beginning just so they can keep surviving and will never be free again. I think it would go a long way towards making the endings seem more satisfying since IMO the lack of variance makes the 6 month thing feel more railroady.

Ending:

I'm still thinking about that final eval in the Arasaka ending. It was a gutpunch, and I wouldn't want it different. Tragedy in storytelling is underrated. It's like how those of us who don't live and breath comics went into Infinity War not expecting the snap, and that left a strong impression. I'd let V fool me into thinking there was a way out, and it fits their nightmare world so well that there wasn't.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

More ending spoilers:

I'm finding it weird that everyone seems to think the Aldecaldos ending is a death sentence. V may have six months, but they're fresh off earning those with just a few weeks of work. With a few months of planning, wheeling and dealing those might become years or decades.

I'm a little disappointed that when Alt points out she survived beyond the Blackwall with her Netrunner experience, V doesn't have a high-Int option to respond.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I find it so hard to read logs and shards in this game.

Its normally a thing I will do in RPGs like Fallout ot Elder scrolls, it has to be the UI or something.

I found a free black supercar with a batman reference in a storage crate which was pretty good

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Just visited the weapon shop and asked the vendor what should I look out for, and he replied "SOR22,someone offloaded whole lot of them to the market. One shot and you're dead". Wait until those dozens of legendary Ashuras I've sold start hitting the street.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

alex314 posted:

Just visited the weapon shop and asked the vendor what should I look out for, and he replied "SOR22,someone offloaded whole lot of them to the market. One shot and you're dead". Wait until those dozens of legendary Ashuras I've sold start hitting the street.

he happens to sell the same gun so chalk it up to him doing his own marketing

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

ZombyDog posted:

If you're playing on PC, you can just use cheatengine to manually respec your attributes.

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more
cdpr pls fix the game, my stonks

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

After a period of adjustment I have said goodbye to my initial expectations for Cyberpunk 2077 and am now having a whole lot of fun playing Anime Ninja Simulator. You can play too, just follow these steps:

1. Crank that Reflex stat as high as it will go. Also find clothes that increase your movement speed, the goal is to move as fast as possible.
2. Start working on the Cool and Body stats (don’t put any points into the other two, crafting and hacking are for suckers who like to spend time on things)
3: start putting perk points into things that situationally increase your move speed. Moving faster on entering combat? Yes please. All 5 stacks of Cold Blood? Yep. Moving faster when you’re discovered by an enemy? Of course!
4. Get the Dynalar Sandevistan Mk III. DO NOT GET ANY OTHER MODEL. It seems counterintuitive but the Mk III slows time the most and has a wicked small cooldown, which are way more valuable than the extra mod slot and crit bonuses.
5. Get the biggest gently caress-off Katana you can find. There’s a legendary one sold by the coach guy in your building, it’s expensive but boy does it work well. Get a bunch of Blades perks that increase damage for your strong attack and on people at full health.

Now you have everything you need, so let ‘er rip! Whenever you find some people that need killing, just run headlong at them, then trigger your time slowing and whip out your katana once you’re in range of the first enemy and get to slashing with your strong attack! With a strong enough sword and the right perks, you should be able to pop the head off of pretty much anyone who isn’t a boss/cyberpsycho in one strong attack, and once you get your first kill in the encounter, your speed should be boosted to the point that you’re keeping your regular speed while everyone else is moving in half-time. At this point if you chain kills correctly you can kill everyone before they have a chance to get their weapon out or even see you. On really successful runs, I like to imagine three or four simultaneous blood spurts from the neck holes of my enemies once I get to the other side of the encounter, just like an anime ninja.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Donnerberg posted:

Ending:

I'm still thinking about that final eval in the Arasaka ending. It was a gutpunch, and I wouldn't want it different. Tragedy in storytelling is underrated. It's like how those of us who don't live and breath comics went into Infinity War not expecting the snap, and that left a strong impression. I'd let V fool me into thinking there was a way out, and it fits their nightmare world so well that there wasn't.

To add:
I was expecting V to break down crying as they came to terms with everything after signing their soul away to Arasaka. Even without the watery eyes the facial expression did a good job of conveying the transformation from previous desperation to current despair. Shock as they find themselves lying on the soulkiller chair, waiting to be extracted. Emotionally moving.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Tenzarin posted:

The only thing bad about hbomberguy is he refuses to bring back the dog cartoon that ate all the brain force plus pills from infowars.

finally said something that makes sense

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Celexi posted:

Doesn't change anything I said

I leveled up

edit: shitposting aside.... ending spoilers: I like tragic endings, I like the kind of endings that leave you feeling sick afterward, that doesn't make me a sociopath. not all stories should have a happy ending, and V's definitely doesn't

Comte de Saint-Germain fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Dec 22, 2020

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

This game is beautiful on PS5

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Did a ton of crafting in the 40 hours I have in the game so far. My save file is only 4.2mb. Guess it's tied to something else also. I usually empty out my inventory so I don't keep many items, only clothes that I like, in my stash.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

The Dream On quest definitely feels a bit weird because, in every single other instance of your character discovering something weird or shady, they seem to be compelled to scour the ends of the Earth until they get to the bottom of the mystery or find a solution, even if it's a bad solution. But in this one specific case you're like oh huh this is pretty messed up. Well guess I'm done here.

You can say it's "realistic" that you can't do anything else about it, but feels like an artificial roadblock that doesn't exist in a lot of other subplots where "realistically" you should be stymied by obstacles at some point, but just get to keep on trucking because of some magic shard you magically happened upon, or something.

It kinda feels to me like they're setting things up for an expansion. There's a spoiler looking over your talk with the guy at the end of the quest line. Spoiler is later involved in more spoilers as far as I know. Hearts of Stone kind of thing.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Okay, so Dirty biz

It was hard for me to just shoot a couple of guys begging for their lives, and in a way the father was right that if not them, someone else will.

But when the son started asking me if I wanted some more hardcore stuff like little kids.. it was a nice touch that V readied the gun at that same moment too.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

BrianWilly posted:

I think it's as simple as Rogue AI are basically Eldritch horrors and there's ultimately gently caress-all you can do about them

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Can someone tell me as spoilerfree as possible if Johnny sticks around to give running commentary on your side jobs/gigs if you complete the main line? Like storywise I figure it can end in a lot of ways but a lot of games like this (Eg: Horizon Zero Dawn) will reset the open world back to just before the Point of No Return so you can live out your completionist vibe./

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm a little confused by the Voodoo boys part of the main story i.e why V is so pissed off at them. It seemed pretty straight forward and there is one part where you get knocked out and V seems to blame them for reasons regardless of your choices . also V really seems to hate Placide but I didn't really get that vibe at all. he seems cool. And Brigitte seems alright too . I just do not get why these guys are my enemies/frenemies.

Then after the quest, I get a text from him telling me to "watch my back" like wtf man all I did was help you.

One thing that does annoy me is that certain characters only seem to have varying degrees of poo poo talking in dialog options even if I am not feeling it at all and just want to bro down with them. Like the choices range from aggro to extremely aggro and nothing in between.

Probably doesn't help that that quest bugged out for me like crazy and just getting through it was a chore, so maybe I triggered something I'm not aware of. Cool part of the game it just sucks that parts of it seem like nonsense to me.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Fishstick posted:

Can someone tell me as spoilerfree as possible if Johnny sticks around to give running commentary on your side jobs/gigs if you complete the main line? Like storywise I figure it can end in a lot of ways but a lot of games like this (Eg: Horizon Zero Dawn) will reset the open world back to just before the Point of No Return so you can live out your completionist vibe./

After you complete the story you'll be dropped back before the point of no return, plus some bonus gear that you can acquire in the final missions.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

e: yeah

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I've learned there is a legendary set of gear for every class in the tabletop game free for the taking and scattered about the world. Some of them are gated by quest progress but most are ready to go as soon as act 2 begins.

https://vulkk.com/2020/12/12/cyberpunk-2077-legendary-and-iconic-gear-locations/

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Celexi posted:

Doesn't change anything I said

Nope, you sound like an rear end in a top hat either way I guess :rolleyes:

stratdax posted:

It was a shitpost in these dead forums, it wasn't an official communique from CDPR. Comte is just posting here as we all are, in his spare time and he's shitposting. Get over it.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

I'm a little confused by the Voodoo boys part of the main story i.e why V is so pissed off at them. It seemed pretty straight forward and there is one part where you get knocked out and V seems to blame them for reasons regardless of your choices . also V really seems to hate Placide but I didn't really get that vibe at all. he seems cool. And Brigitte seems alright too . I just do not get why these guys are my enemies/frenemies.

Then after the quest, I get a text from him telling me to "watch my back" like wtf man all I did was help you.

One thing that does annoy me is that certain characters only seem to have varying degrees of poo poo talking in dialog options even if I am not feeling it at all and just want to bro down with them. Like the choices range from aggro to extremely aggro and nothing in between.

Probably doesn't help that that quest bugged out for me like crazy and just getting through it was a chore, so maybe I triggered something I'm not aware of. Cool part of the game it just sucks that parts of it seem like nonsense to me.

I'm not really all that surprised. All throughout your mission Placide treats you like poo poo, infects you with a virus and sends you in without sharing anything about his true plan. Then if/when you decide to side with the NetWatch dude he's all "Why you do dis man" like what do you think, rear end in a top hat?? Best thing about that quest, in hindsight, was that how I could punch him in the face afterwards (and fight him as a boss & loot his fine jacket)

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Doesn't he try to kill you at least once during that mission? gently caress that guy

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Wait what? They fried Eveline's brain in some horrific hosed up cyber way, Placide used you as a cyber suicide bomber against the Netwatch guy, only for you for you to survive cause of Johnny. Then the rest of the crew only let you live because they need the chip in your head to unleash an inhuman avatar of AI horror on the world.

They are not friendly, and the only times they act that way are to manipulate you into doing something they want.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

TeaJay posted:

I'm not really all that surprised. All throughout your mission Placide treats you like poo poo, infects you with a virus and sends you in without sharing anything about his true plan. Then if/when you decide to side with the NetWatch dude he's all "Why you do dis man" like what do you think, rear end in a top hat?? Best thing about that quest, in hindsight, was that how I could punch him in the face afterwards (and fight him as a boss & loot his fine jacket)

That's pretty much the reason I sided with NetWatch in the end. Even with Johnny giving you poo poo for it, after getting treated like garbage by Placide and then later Brigitte admitting that she wasn't going to help you as much as use you as cyberbait made me feel completely justified.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Placide is a great character. I loved his long suffering attitude while putting you through Voodoo Bureaucracy.

He's interesting to me because my headcanon is he had to work twice as hard to get where he is. Voodoo Boys straight up disrespect physical strength, and Placide so huge I don't think he fits in netrunner chairs. He got where he is by being a smart motherfucker who gets poo poo done.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

TeaJay posted:

When do you get to fight him? He just messaged me and I never saw him again.

Unless he's one of the people I shot up in the tunnels. They all died so quickly I could have missed it.

itry fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Dec 22, 2020

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

VoLaTiLe posted:

I find it so hard to read logs and shards in this game.

Its normally a thing I will do in RPGs like Fallout ot Elder scrolls, it has to be the UI or something.

It's that awful sound during reading. And the distortion to the text when scrolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

sliami posted:

wish you could have romanced takemura and smasher. not even into them, just for the culture . i feel like all the controversy (the mix it up thing kicked it off) really chased away the "videogames as kissing barbies" demo too. think of the gay fanart we could've had. rip

what's really super funny to me is how the panam hetero-man-ce is the most fleshed out with like the happiest ending, and just how laser focused judy and rivers' routes are on their demos.
a true crime adventure with a beefy strong sensitive type (plus a family!) for the mlw, a story about economic inequality/emotional turmoil/sexist exploitation for the wlw (with a tattooed, geeky, colored undercut-having love interest!) lesser extent is mlm interest kerry's whole art obsession+plus being threatened by the younger/cooler us cracks.
like i think they're all super likeable, well-written and well-portrayed and i don't mind sad or loose ends. but thinking about their whole Deals for even a few seconds it's like hilarious how obvious it is. it's really smart too, especially for a game that's casting this wide a net.

and finally lmao at all the romantic speculation on grimes' oc. googled her and "Lizzy Wizzy Romance" immediately came up... Like grimes would ever. Ntm musk being in this too. The synergy of it all.

sorry about all the... Stuff... wrt launch comte. i hope things work out ❤️

Oh, Grimes was Lizzy Wizzy? That explains the weirdly bad voice acting in a game with an otherwise universally good voice cast.