Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

space uncle posted:

The part where Virgil earnestly tries to talk someone into playing a video game that they in no way care about hit really close to home for me.

I appreciated that Zizek seemed to sincerely humor him. He doesn't seem like someone who humors very many people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Mr. Lobe posted:

I appreciated that Zizek seemed to sincerely humor him. He doesn't seem like someone who humors very many people.

Virgil clearly takes pains to look like a smart-alecky dork with a ridiculous name. I imagine Zizek found that endearing, as we all do. (I imagine most people who interview Zizek are of the opposite school)

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Is that Dave Weigel?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

busalover posted:

Is that Dave Weigel?

That's Pierre St. Pierre, the Pussy-Eating Saint of Cunnilingus Parish.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Apoplexy posted:

We bring him offerings of pork shoulder

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Apoplexy posted:

HE'S DESTROYIN THIS CITY!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

busalover posted:

Is that Dave Weigel?

No it is exiled Egyptian king Farouk I

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I want to see Zizek try to play a modern video game. Doesn't have to be Fallout, basically anything would be good.

Disco Elysium.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Counter Strike Source

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
You shee, zhe changink nature of one's alliance, shwapping between 'terrorisht' and 'counter-terrorisht' depending on the round. This shows the fickle nature of theshe labels.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Splatoon 2

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Nier Automata. All 25 endings

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

These squids, they live a life entirely of conspicuous consumption and warfare, yet they live in a world free of exploitation or suffering. This is the fantasy of our time in it's purest form.

I don't know how to type in his accent.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Gripweed posted:

These squids, they live a life entirely of conspicuous consumption and warfare, yet they live in a world free of exploitation or suffering. This is the fantasy of our time in it's purest form.

If you explained Salmon Run to him he'd probably turn into pure energy.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Zizek would definitely be a Death Stranding fan

THS
Sep 15, 2017

my favorite slovenian pop philosopher would love the video game that i play

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Gripweed posted:

it's easy just replace every other space between word with [ you know ; and so on ; *SNIFF* ; LACAN ]

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

THS posted:

Zizek would respect the gameplay enhancements of Yakuza Kiwami over the original but find the overuse of the Majima everywhere system to be a detriment to the experience

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

THS posted:

It's true though

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/ChapoFYM/status/1341275385686761472

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Goofballs posted:

That's Zizek being Zizek and its what I like about his books. Fink is a lot dryer but very much doing his best to explain coherently, a task I wish Lacan placed any value in. He doesn't have a lot of rhetorical flourish but you finish a chapter you have whole concept, up to you if you think its cracked or not.

I actually really appreciate his book on Deleuze for this same sort of thing. Like he somehow explains Deleuze somewhat coherently while also using it to illustrate diametrically opposite concepts than what D&G were after.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/Awwwwlexis/status/1341413378795958272

how does someone achieve this level of brain damage

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

quote:

She/Her. Political Science Pre Law graduate, debates random idiots online, sometimes makes Youtube videos.

ah there it is, poli sci debate person

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

“Pre law poli sci graduate” is a good way to say you didn’t get into law school

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/ChapoFYM/status/1341493841904480258

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

That kid owned felix tbh.

"Is this what you called the timeout for?"

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

El Burbo posted:

That kid owned felix tbh.

"Is this what you called the timeout for?"

Yeah, that's the best part. Felix doing these bits as cover for their terrible videogame ability

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

papa horny michael posted:

Yeah, that's the best part. Felix doing these bits as cover for their terrible videogame ability

It's hilarious that he talked up MGS so much and then was complete dogshit at playing the game.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

You can love something without being good at it

For instance I'm an awful singer but drat if that didn't stop me from singing Nowhere to Run by Martha and the Vandellas to myself on a stretch of road where I was reasonably sure I was alone and unmonitored while on a bike ride today. It was awful but I had a good time.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I'm pretty bad at video games but I'm at least good at the stuff I talk up the most. One of the funnier early Chapo reveals was that Felix played Fortnite.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Tbf to Felix, if the last MGS game you played was 5 where it’s pretty easy to do whatever you want, playing MGS1 would be pretty jarring. The controls were not all the way there.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I can't tell if Felix being bad at games is part of the bit or if he's actually that bad. Lmao either way.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don't trust people who are good at games

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nothus posted:

I can't tell if Felix being bad at games is part of the bit or if he's actually that bad. Lmao either way.

He's real good at D&D

Why haven't they played more D&D?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Might be too annoying to do over Zoom I dunno

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

whats felixes actual csgo rank

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Gold Nova 1, and he’s super proud of it unironically

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Seams posted:

Might be too annoying to do over Zoom I dunno

I'm in a ton of games over discord, and even one of them gets streamed on twitch by the dm (we have almost no viewers lol).