Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Osmosisch posted:

What did the trick for me was the tip from this thread to immediately dash back to the entrance so only 2 mages aggro, that makes it manageable.

Did that. Got the ice+fire mage, but just get stomped due to any downed mage becoming an instant focus point for near-instant-death mist and/or fire. If I could swirl them up with Sucrose or facetank through damage with Benny long enough to actually kill one then it's a snowball from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
If you just head to the right side you can aggro only the fire and ice Mages unless you wander into the middle, you want to kill the fire dude first due to the aura then wait for the ice mage to tele to you so you don’t fight it and the water mage. Faster you can kill the fire mage the easier it gets, bring barb or some other hydro to drop his shield then blow all your offensive bursts.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

That's pretty much the worst artifact domain by far in any case. I think I'm at like a 30% success rate at best in co-op. If you're doing it solo definitely try to bring a Fire/Ice/Water/<whatever> party so you can deal with their shields quickly, breaking them quickly is not only the only way to kill the fuckers but having the shield down keeps them from using their most bullshit tricks.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Post in the discord for people to run that domain with you. I think I had trouble when I first got my AR up and tried it for the first time.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Hellioning posted:

I respect that person with friendship level 10 Amber.

And I thought I was the only one...

Hilariously, Amber will probably be my first 10th level friendship character since I almost always have her hanging out in slot 4 for ranged support given that my other two ranged (Diona/Fishcl) aren't leveled yet. This is mostly because I have those two elements covered by Qiqi/Razor. Just wish I had another water character that wasn't Barbara... :sigh:

Also, I just got the Hilichurl poetry quest today as a daily commission. Bringing that up because someone mentioned that they had never seen it. However, it seems to reference the previous Hilichurl quest, so I think you have to have done that at least once (I ended up doing two different versions of it?) before it randomly pops up.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the biggest things for me in Noblesse are holding some of my initial bursts so i can iframe through the fireball (or ice), and using what time the ice is bearable to knock enemies out of it. Bennett can't fully outheal it but does give some nice breathing room, you can usually get a safe spot in his circle to dance in and out of. Dionab should also be great there.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Downed the Noblesse domain with maximum food usage and suiciding Diluc to get the fire mage dead. A lot of people scream about Diluc/Klee but the domains (and higher abyss floors, I assume) kind of shine a spotlight on how big the dividing line is when you have Venti.

I have 74 pulls, 40 to my soft pity, two characters to get, seven hours until the patch, it's dark, and I'm preloading.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Dec 22, 2020

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I run most domains with Diluc/Chong/XQ/Barbara, and the Noblesse Oblige domain is fairly easy for me. As long as you use the trick to break the water mage's aggro, it's pretty easy to punk the ice mage quickly. Then it's just the two remaining mages one at a time.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

As long as I can shatter two of the mages shields I can use Jean to CC and kill them before they reapply their shields. They take a lot of fall damage, problem is having to deal with all the bullshit they can still do while CCed.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mailer posted:

Downed the Noblesse domain with maximum food usage and suiciding Diluc to get the fire mage dead. A lot of people scream about Diluc/Klee but the domains (and higher abyss floors, I assume) kind of shine a spotlight on how big the dividing line is when you have Venti.

I have 74 pulls, 40 to my soft pity, two characters to get, seven hours until the patch, it's dark, and I'm preloading.

idk, my Ning/Fish/Xiangling/Qiqi team deals with the Noblesse domain no problem

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Mailer posted:

You should be bringing Barbara. If you go right the water mage won't aggro so you just pop the fire shield asap and kill the fire mage before his aura becomes a problem. From there it's pretty easy. I have Tartaglia so it's extra easy.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mailer posted:

Venti can shieldbreak via swirl but his burst doesn't pull in shielded enemies so you've got to do more stupid coordination of enemies than a team with standard shieldbreakers. basically i don't think it's anywhere near make or break, especially if your other option is like, a Witch Diluc who can absolutely paste any mage out of shield as long as you're setting up vape/melt with him.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I’ve never even done the Noblisse domain. Forgot it exists. Thought you only got Noblisse from adventure ranks. Still need better Geo gear, won’t do.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
If you have Bennett and either Childe or Mona you can oneshot the fire mage at the start. Also use Jade Parcels for every domain, just makes everything more fun.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Okay, I'll bite. For some reason my battle pass icon has disappeared. Is this a known bug or did I miss something in the patch notes?

Overall given the level of apparent polish on Genshin Impact the really weird system level bugs bother me a lot. I get the but where your XB1 controller shuts down and won't restart, though it seems to happen less frequently after this latest round of patches. I also really hate the constant need to switch from keyboard to controller when I boot the game and I really, REALLY hate the 'B' button confirmation scheme on the controller. The control scheme in general is baffling. Sometimes B confirms, sometimes X, sometimes Y. I'm sure it's been bitched about before in thread.

That being said I play it for 60m a day so....

EDIT: I guess the current BP period ended? I have trouble getting the thing above level 40 or so during a given period.

Gameko fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 22, 2020

Surrealities
Apr 11, 2010

Gameko posted:

Okay, I'll bite. For some reason my battle pass icon has disappeared. Is this a known bug or did I miss something in the patch notes?

The BP icon disappears when the game is between battle passes. It'll be back when the new pass starts.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Noblesse protip: lure all 3 into a corner!

https://i.imgur.com/wB2QwIG.mp4

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

gandlethorpe posted:

https://i.imgur.com/wB2QwIG.mp4

man I want to try your popsicle builds so bad but my Sucrose, Diona, and Chong are so woefully underleveled

kater
Nov 16, 2010

went and tried noblisse, interesting place, lol having a 4500 atk during ult noelle is fun.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
GENSHINGIFT is working again!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Just whaled for at least one Chongstellation, which I finally got at my ~200th banner wish alongside a 7th Razor and 4th Zhongli :shepface:

Got the second one right after, which I'll take as a victory. Whatever, I'll finish up the rest next time* he shows up.

Blew my guaranteed pity like 20 pulls after Qiqi, but whatever I'll take +3 levels on shield.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

gandlethorpe posted:

Just whaled for at least one Chongstellation, which I finally got at my ~200th banner wish alongside a 7th Razor and 4th Zhongli :shepface:

Got the second one right after, which I'll take as a victory. Whatever, I'll finish up the rest next time* he shows up.

Blew my guaranteed pity like 20 pulls after Qiqi, but whatever I'll take +3 levels on shield.

Your pulls on the Zhongli banner proves the presence of the desire sensor. I always knew it was real but people kept saying "oh, it's just RNG". Hogwash I say, the desire sensor is real!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Amuys posted:

GENSHINGIFT is working again!

Hurray, thanks!

Finished the quests a little while ago, at AR 43 atm and Razor is still owning absolutely everything with phys damage. Is there a hard shift at the next WL or is he just considered boring or something? I dont even have a 4 piece gladiator with +atk yet, let alone 5* artifacts.

e: aww, "Dear traveler, you already used this redemption code: GENSHINGIFT"

valuum fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 22, 2020

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

valuum posted:

Hurray, thanks!

Finished the quests a little while ago, at AR 43 atm and Razor is still owning absolutely everything with phys damage. Is there a hard shift at the next WL or is he just considered boring or something? I dont even have a 4 piece gladiator with +atk yet, let alone 5* artifacts.

Razor is the best physical damage dealer in the game and that doesn't really change. He is a bit boring tho.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

valuum posted:

Hurray, thanks!

I don't even think he's that boring. He can clear 12-3 etc and is a good character but for extreme late game things like 9 starring floor 11/12 it's harder because your other characters' cooldowns are going to waste while he's on the field for 12 seconds during his ult.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
MC, Ningguang, Xianling, Razor... man, I have so many carries. Also have Childe. Watch me roll diluc

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

When is the patch supposed to roll out?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
2pm PST, then down for 5 hours in theory.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Gameko posted:

Overall given the level of apparent polish on Genshin Impact the really weird system level bugs bother me a lot. I get the but where your XB1 controller shuts down and won't restart, though it seems to happen less frequently after this latest round of patches. I also really hate the constant need to switch from keyboard to controller when I boot the game and I really, REALLY hate the 'B' button confirmation scheme on the controller. The control scheme in general is baffling. Sometimes B confirms, sometimes X, sometimes Y. I'm sure it's been bitched about before in thread.

EDIT: I guess the current BP period ended? I have trouble getting the thing above level 40 or so during a given period.

1. you've been able to change the button layout so that A is confirm for a while now--since 1.1 came out
2. you should absolutely be able to get the BP to 50 by playing an hour a day

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Gameko posted:

You can finish the BP with lots of time left over if you do all of it, which isn't that hard if you are logging in daily.

Here's my daily rotation:

Comissions
4x leylines (don't turn in if you are spending resin on domains/bosses)
3x domains (I'll actually run 9 domains if i'm spending resin on it, if not I only run 3 and I don't turn in)
2x bosses (don't spend resin etc etc)
Ores

This takes me about an hour each day. With the event BP I got to BP 50 with two weeks left to spare.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Domains you can just do the first three spiral abyss floors if you're really not doing any others. Finishing the first three floors counts as 9 domains.

Bosses you can just do pyro or cryo regisvine, fight can take less than 30 seconds.

Liyue and Mondstadt specialties you'll probably finish on your own but you can get each one down to 20 minutes if you really want to finish them day 1.

The most time consuming is the leylines but you probably won't even need to do those to reach the weekly cap.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
After watching that Albedo demo, all I can think is that if his ult really summoned Klee he would be way cooler

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gandlethorpe posted:

[snip]

This seems super unreliable to me.
2 times out of 3 I just get two of the mages to teleport to me and the last one hangs out of range.

Standing in the back corner to lure out the fire+ice ones seems 100% consistent so far though. And it's usually pretty safe, except when the fire mage's dumb fire aura thing decides to go off while he's on the ground and stunlocked and you lose 70% hp from your point character.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

No Wave posted:

Domains you can just do the first three spiral abyss floors if you're really not doing any others. Finishing the first three floors counts as 9 domains.

Bosses you can just do pyro or cryo regisvine, fight can take less than 30 seconds.

Liyue and Mondstadt specialties you'll probably finish on your own but you can get each one down to 20 minutes if you really want to finish them day 1.

The most time consuming is the leylines but you probably won't even need to do those to reach the weekly cap.

I specifically don't do leylines any given week and easily hit the 10k cap. Specialties are easy if you are 1) an impulsive picker upper or 2) look up a route. I think you can do the monstadt one in like 7 minutes between asterwheels and valberries and the Liuye is only slightly longer, but still pretty chill.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Yeah I just skip the leylines. If you do the dailies and finish the other weeklies then you'll hit the cap.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Lechtansi posted:

You can finish the BP with lots of time left over if you do all of it, which isn't that hard if you are logging in daily.

Here's my daily rotation:

Comissions
4x leylines (don't turn in if you are spending resin on domains/bosses)
3x domains (I'll actually run 9 domains if i'm spending resin on it, if not I only run 3 and I don't turn in)
2x bosses (don't spend resin etc etc)
Ores

This takes me about an hour each day. With the event BP I got to BP 50 with two weeks left to spare.

I maxed out the battle pass without doing any of this dumb stuff to grind specifically for bp exp.
It looked like it would be a tight margin on the very first one but now they give you 10-15 levels worth of exp from event-related battlepass goals and you can basically ignore the bp and still get it to 50 if you're logging in every day.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

This seems super unreliable to me.
2 times out of 3 I just get two of the mages to teleport to me and the last one hangs out of range.

Standing in the back corner to lure out the fire+ice ones seems 100% consistent so far though. And it's usually pretty safe, except when the fire mage's dumb fire aura thing decides to go off while he's on the ground and stunlocked and you lose 70% hp from your point character.

Yeah, I haven't found yet if there's a sweet spot to getting them all bunched up consistently. But I figure if two can be done reliably, there's gotta be a way to do all three right? In any case, when it does work out, it sure is satisfying.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If you do domains in coop then you have the added benefit of being able to steal the party leader's ore to keep your daily refinement capped out.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I maxed out the battle pass without doing any of this dumb stuff to grind specifically for bp exp.
It looked like it would be a tight margin on the very first one but now they give you 10-15 levels worth of exp from event-related battlepass goals and you can basically ignore the bp and still get it to 50 if you're logging in every day.

yeah, my playtime dropped immensely compared to the first BP and still hit 50 on the last day just logging in for 20 minutes daily goofing around spending my resin and doing the daillies. Once or twice a week i'd spend an hour running around and collecting some mats I need for ascension, but never any specific "i'm farming for BP points today"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Mailer posted:

You can always co-op