Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

marktheando posted:

Yeah I like the remote, I got a lot of use out of the xbox 360 one, and I missed having one on the PS4. It's solidly made and the volume controls work on my tv. The days of waking up the controller every time you want to pause the thing you are watching are gone.

Wish you could change the app buttons though.

I'd say it's worth it just for not accidentally fast-forwarding when you set down the drat controller :argh:.

And definitely agree about the app buttons. If someone came up with a third-party one that somehow had programmable app buttons I'd swap to it in a heartbeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I've got HDMI 2 cables from late 2018, am I supposed to get something fancier for the PS5

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

smoobles posted:

I've got HDMI 2 cables from late 2018, am I supposed to get something fancier for the PS5

Your PS5 comes with something fancier so you’re good.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
If the included ps5 hdmi cable is fine, why did that dude have to get another one

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

If the included ps5 hdmi cable is fine, why did that dude have to get another one

he misplaced the one he got and had to get a new one

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

The PS5 included cable is also super short

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Centzon Totochtin posted:

If you’re passing it through a receiver or any other kind of intermediate hardware poo poo you’ll need one for the equipment -> tv side of things too.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

History Comes Inside! posted:

If you’re passing it through a receiver or any other kind of intermediate hardware poo poo you’ll need one for the equipment -> tv side of things too.

are there hdmi 2.1 receivers yet?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Celexi posted:

are there hdmi 2.1 receivers yet?

Some, but apparently they have hardware issues.

The cable issue for the majority of people isn’t a 2.1 thing, it’s a 4k60 thing.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Be sure that when you first set up your ps5 and get the firmware updates you update your HDMI cable’s firmware too.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

Blind Rasputin posted:

Be sure that when you first set up your ps5 and get the firmware updates you update your HDMI cable’s firmware too.

it's hosed that I can't tell for certain if this is a joke or not lmao

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Blind Rasputin posted:

This is what i did, the new hdmi firmware made ragnarok run at a locked 60 and it owns. They really outdid themselves. The loving odin slap fest no longer hangs either. Also, i gotta say, loving the box art they went with, digital owners are really missing out

Really gonna take my mind off this nanocurse crisis thats for sure, just hope my plugs are safe at least.

Edit: poo poo, got sent too far back.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Dec 22, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

This is what i did, the new hdmi firmware made ragnarok run at a locked 60 and it owns. They really outdid themselves. The loving odin slap fest no longer hangs either. Also, i gotta say, loving the box art they went with, digital owners are really missing out

Really gonna take my mind off this nanocurse crisis thats for sure, just hope my plugs are safe at least.

I hear it's all buggy. Feels like it should have come out a year from now.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’m so god damned confused now

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Housemarque dev interview with Returnal gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORKjhcwQhyc

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vikar Jerome posted:

Love this post

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Housemarque dev interview with Returnal gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORKjhcwQhyc

I'm definitely super curious about this game at this point , but I feel like shooting for the $70 price tag is going to bump the expectations up unreasonably high for something that looks like a Housemarque twin stick shooter reimagined as an 3ps. I hope they knock it out of the park though.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

nanocurse crisis

Seems like we're getting an IRL sequel to MGS4 when FOXDIE mutates in the future

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

IDK how any of you can use the packed in HDMI cable. It's like 1.5 feet long.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My PlayStation 5 is right next to my tv

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Is there something to do that fixes lockups? I've had one during Spidey Man that required a system rebuild and a lighter crash in Ghost.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Sure, nice box art is nice but what do you do with it.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Dec 22, 2020

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

IDK how any of you can use the packed in HDMI cable. It's like 1.5 feet long.

It's plenty long if you're not some weirdo that doesn't put their PS5 near the TV :shrug:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Oh my gosh I’m so embarrassed by my ugly looking luxury electronic gaming console! It’s so bold and garish and tall, what will the Depuy’s next door think? I’ll have to HIDE it so my PS5 doesn’t clash with my carefully curated aesthetic!

*rustles Dorito’s bags and Chinese takeout containers out of the way, pulls headset out of couch cushions and shakes the beetles off before placing on top of your unwashed head*

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If anything the pack in cable is too long for me

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
So I got my PSVR camera adapter a while ago. Today I just got an email telling me my Playstation® Camera Adapter is on the way. :iiam:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Lumpy posted:

So I got my PSVR camera adapter a while ago. Today I just got an email telling me my Playstation® Camera Adapter is on the way. :iiam:

I got that, too. The first adapter was also sent to my address but had a random name on it.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It's more that I have the PS5 at my desk and wired to the HDMI on my monitor, so space is a bit of a concern yes.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
So FedEx said they would be here between 8:45 and 12:45. I opened the blinds and pretty much sat in front of the window.

9:35 You package has been delivered.

I go outside and look down the street and see a FedEx truck. It never came to my street. I try to tell them to stop, and the driver sees me about half a block away and runs and jumps in the truck and drives off. Still pretending like he doesn't hearing me SCREAMING, "Sir?! Hey, sir!" waving my loving hands and running in the street chasing him.
At the next stop they make, I see there's another guy in the truck. He's putting packages to the front of the truck. I see a Wal-Mart box.

Me: Hello, I have the FedEx app it says you delivered a package? I didn't sign for anything.
Driver 2: Wtf Driver 1 you didn't get him to sign!
Driver 1: (we have quite a few people here from some African countries, and it's clear this man is a temp and barely speaks english. He is the one humping packages while the other guy drives.) *Looks up scared and confused*
Driver 2: Uhh wait no I signed for that. Yeah I signed for it.
Me: I have been waiting. You didn't even go on my street?
Driver 2: Ohh I know what happened. *Winks?* I'm on the way now I got you.

I take out my camera and take a picture of the plate of the delivery truck. I start to walk home. He passes me on the way and says, "Hey we good?" I shrug, "Yeah?"... He goes, "You want me to... drop it off at your house?" (like they are supposed to do) I say, "You can give it to me right here." He winks and smiles and says, "It's got a little weight to it, I'll drop it off for you."

I circle back around to my block, and I Driver 1 drop a package off at my doorstep. I flag down the driver on their way out.

Me: "So you never came to my street, and signed for the package, and still had it on the truck, yeah?"
Driver 2: *starts to stammer a response*
Me: "And you have NO IDEA what's in it!"
Driver 2: "n-no.."
Me: "Thanks guys." *loving walks off*

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I'm really enjoying these tense action movie chases to stop your corrupt postal services stealing your stuff.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I called and complained, too. I'm sorry but how does:

- You never made it to my street.
- You signed my name incorrectly.
- It's no on the wrong doorstep, it's still on your truck.

How does that happen??

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Firstborn posted:

I called and complained, too. I'm sorry but how does:

- You never made it to my street.
- You signed my name incorrectly.
- It's no on the wrong doorstep, it's still on your truck.

How does that happen??

I had a Fedex delivery say someone signed when my relative was in the hospital and no one was home and the name on the signature was something ridiculous like George Malorge. This was Friday. I wonder how they are going to deal with this if at all.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
PlayStation 5: SCREAMING, "Sir?! Hey, sir!" waving my loving hands and running in the street chasing him

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

The Spider-Man Remastered credits go on for-loving-ever. This is like Ubisoft length.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Akuma posted:

The Spider-Man Remastered credits go on for-loving-ever. This is like Ubisoft length.

A lot of people worked on it! The least you can do is memorize their names.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Just wondering, but do any of you folks ever consider calling the police about this and reporting it as the attempted theft that it is? It's not like they're going to stop trying to steal people's packages if mildly annoyed grumbling is all that ever comes of it even when someone literally catches them in the act and has to chase them down to retrieve their property.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Rinkles posted:

PlayStation 5: SCREAMING, "Sir?! Hey, sir!" waving my loving hands and running in the street chasing him

Dude I'm sitting here too buttmadd to attach the loving base to this console

E: I will follow-up on the FedEx thing. They said they would call me back today. I gave the plate number, the full report, full disclosure of what everything was and ... if there was any doubt in my mind this was an honest mistake I'd let it ride. The FedEx hotline has no way to speak with a customer rep without first picking from an option, and no option is complaint, or theft, or about a delivery driver, or anything. It took a long time to get through to them.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 22, 2020

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Cardiovorax posted:

Just wondering, but do any of you folks ever consider calling the police about this and reporting it as the attempted theft that it is? It's not like they're going to stop trying to steal people's packages if mildly annoyed grumbling is all that ever comes of it even when someone literally catches them in the act and has to chase them down to retrieve their property.

Yea, you have to do the normal steps first unfortunately. Let them try and find the package, talk to the driver and then after they say it's gone you have to demand and investigation into the signature (if there was one) and other things. Usually it's a he said she said situation and sucks. We put way too much faith into these crappy delivery companies.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Shammypants posted:

I had a Fedex delivery say someone signed when my relative was in the hospital and no one was home and the name on the signature was something ridiculous like George Malorge. This was Friday. I wonder how they are going to deal with this if at all.

All delivery companies are waiving signature requirements and having drivers sign for packages right now to minimize exposure. That in and of itself is not suspicious. It should still be left in a relatively safe location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Also I made it clear that the other dude probably had no idea what was happening. He was just busting his loving back for X-Mas money probably, and would probably rather steal a bottle of loving gatorade then try to hustle anything. This dude was mad loving tired.