Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The broad church is entirely filled with liberals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

It's a very thin church. One pew deep

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Liberals, unfortunately, remind me of The Manic Street Preachers

quote:

I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Dead Goon posted:

Liberals, unfortunately, remind me of The Manic Street Preachers

Hey I think you’ll find they believe very strongly in being nice and polite and everyone just working together

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Dover-Calais crossing to open for drivers with a negative test. Can’t wait for testing to totally break down, or all the tests to be replaced with pregnancy tests, or something even dumber.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/france-reopen-border-dover-freight-drivers-negative-covid-test-result-803169?ito=social_ifb_theipaper

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Test swabs absolutely mixed up with ones from positive COVID results.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Jakabite posted:

Dover-Calais crossing to open for drivers with a negative test. Can’t wait for testing to totally break down, or all the tests to be replaced with pregnancy tests, or something even dumber.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/france-reopen-border-dover-freight-drivers-negative-covid-test-result-803169?ito=social_ifb_theipaper

How are the lorry drivers stranded in Kent even supposed to get one of those tests?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Ms Adequate posted:

lmao the number of replies saying basically "I grafted hard for Labour in 2017 and 2019 and the Labour right sabotaged us, why on earth would I graft for them?"

good job to the Labour right :bravo:

There were a few people in this thread that worked hard for Labour, can't see that happening again.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Kassad posted:

How are the lorry drivers stranded in Kent even supposed to get one of those tests?

Don’t worry they’ve actually put Dido Harding in charge of making this happen.

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

Kassad posted:

Probably get the military to administer them, more mobile version of what was happening in Liverpool recently.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
love to canvas for KPIer Starmer; maybe the central office will, in recognition, send a Shadow Cabinet member to spit in my eyes and call me worthless

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Jakabite posted:

"hello driver do you have covid?"

"No"

"OK then" *stamps paperwork*

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/_jackhy/status/1341330398106804224?s=20

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Chris Williamson. Maybe I'm just prejudiced because of vaguely read bits and pieces, but I've picked up that he is a war supporting weather-vane.
It's just every time I see an alternative to Labour postulated on the left, they always mention 'Chris Williamson supports it' as if that is some kind of bonus and it just makes me recoil.

I confess to not studying him in detail. Should I re-examine my prejudices?

(Just read an article about TUSC).

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Went the Tesco here in Liverpool and other than people doing big shops, absolutely no shortages

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Worth pointing out that back during the original shortages in march was because everyone suddenly working from home etc meant people were buying approximately 10% more rather than stockpiling and the just in time shipping couldn't adapt

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
All while the food in restaurants rotted because nobody was going.

A competent system could have run an invoice market where restaurants could have transferred their scheduled deliveries to stores, but I guess the free market will just take care of that. :eng99:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

So, 250 people per day leaving the Labour Party (net) not including people.whove just stopped paying but not officially left.

Are we expecting the latter number to be smaller or larger than "official" leavers? Because 2021 is going to be a bloodbath if it's bigger.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

sebzilla posted:

So, 250 people per day leaving the Labour Party (net) not including people.whove just stopped paying but not officially left.

Are we expecting the latter number to be smaller or larger than "official" leavers? Because 2021 is going to be a bloodbath if it's bigger.

I'm sure they can come up with some good reasons why this matters not now but did under corbyn

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Jess Phillips is awful, but this clip is just stupid and not a dunk on her at all

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Niric posted:

Jess Phillips is awful, but this clip is just stupid and not a dunk on her at all

It's a bit of a gotcha question but most of those would be key to tackling climate change in the short term

(Although like with Nuclear power, I don't know why the Greens hate HS2 so much. Sorry a 300 year old tree got cut down because it was in the way?)

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Chris Williamson. Maybe I'm just prejudiced because of vaguely read bits and pieces, but I've picked up that he is a war supporting weather-vane.
It's just every time I see an alternative to Labour postulated on the left, they always mention 'Chris Williamson supports it' as if that is some kind of bonus and it just makes me recoil.

I confess to not studying him in detail. Should I re-examine my prejudices?

(Just read an article about TUSC).

He's the actual crank that people tried to make out that Corbyn was.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Niric posted:

It's not just that she says no it's how completely dismissive of it all she is

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Not So Fast posted:

It's a bit of a gotcha question but most of those would be key to tackling climate change in the short term

(Although like with Nuclear power, I don't know why the Greens hate HS2 so much. Sorry a 300 year old tree got cut down because it was in the way?)

There's always been a bit of the green movement that is very NIMBY and small c conservative.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Or outright ecofascist in the English Greens.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Not So Fast posted:

"will you commit to this laundry list of major policy positions in this live interview" is dumb and ineffectual, and makes the questioner look dumb and ineffectual, even when some of the policies are good ideas. Left Twitter thinking this is a good dunk on Phillips is pretty pathetic imo. Especially when dunking on a narcissist likeJess Phillips isn't exactly difficult

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Niric posted:

"will you commit to this laundry list of major policy positions in this live interview" is dumb and ineffectual, and makes the questioner look dumb and ineffectual, even when some of the policies are good ideas. Left Twitter thinking this is a good dunk on Phillips is pretty pathetic imo. Especially when dunking on a narcissist likeJess Phillips isn't exactly difficult

It's a funny video op calm down

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Will you commit to replacing all residential water with council pop by 2030, bab?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

This is why only the shitpost left can be trusted

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

Niric posted:

What is an interview for if not asking questions and getting answers to them?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

That is a brutal ratio, probably all just trolls that need to be dead-named online or whatever though.

I like how even in Labours meaningless 'attaboy well done' rewards Keith and Rayner look like Nintendo is introducing lovely Smash Bros characters so Random isn't fun any more

Imagine the weird pervert that would actually actually be motivated by this.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'd buy the new smash brothers if it means I can have Link punt Starmer off the edge of something, as long as it doesn't mean my local (parachuted Tory after the last one did some fraud) MP calls me.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Guavanaut posted:

I'd buy the new smash brothers if it means I can have Link punt Starmer off the edge of something, as long as it doesn't mean my local (parachuted Tory after the last one did some fraud) MP calls me.

Yoshi can eat Starmer and poo poo him out as a wet egg.

Nutapii
Jun 24, 2020
That reward poster is very British. Oh someone who doesn't have actual power will visit, how exciting! The same way people talk about some middle manager from head office visiting a regional office. It's a person who has done a minor thing within your industry phoning/visiting with some pre-prepared lines, why give a toss?

Also while it was impossible to sort out food, toilets, heat and electricity for the cabs, showers...we were able to print a couple of hundred multilingual copies of "No photography" for the latest used Scania showroom in Kent.

https://twitter.com/jonworth/status/1341455195977490434

Thank gently caress for the Sikhs.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

forkboy84 posted:

There's always been a bit of the green movement that is very NIMBY and small c conservative.

Habitat disruption is real and 1 tree can matter depending on where it is, how old, type of tree and the biodiversity of the local area. The line being right there next to the remaining trees is a disruption itself. This is assuming the tree in question is part of a ‘wild’ bit of forest or land that could have biodiversity value. If it’s just a group of 8 trees next to afield then yeah whatever.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Nutapii posted:

That reward poster is very British. Oh someone who doesn't have actual power will visit, how exciting! The same way people talk about some middle manager from head office visiting a regional office. It's a person who has done a minor thing within your industry phoning/visiting with some pre-prepared lines, why give a toss?

Also while it was impossible to sort out food, toilets, heat and electricity for the cabs, showers...we were able to print a couple of hundred multilingual copies of "No photography" for the latest used Scania showroom in Kent.

Thank gently caress for the Sikhs.

I just remembered how during the post-Morsi 'not a coup', Muslim Brotherhood occupied grounds - a lot of open space - around Media Production City on the outskirts of Cairo and in just one weekend built shower and toilet blocks to cope with the thousands of demonstrators.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/jaboukie/status/1340433162703417346?s=19

Nutapii
Jun 24, 2020
There's about 5 lorries a minute, or one each way every 24 seconds, through Dover. It's right up against the cliff so we can't expand it. If we do inspections at Dover we slow the lorries getting off, slowing the ferries turnaround time, reducing the amount of ferries and lorries in a day which isn't ideal given it's where all our stuff comes through*. We'll do it after the port, and create a Kent Access Permit but Kent has 100s of roads out...

Do we
a) concrete over forests/fields/houses very early in the M20 and A2 to inspect everyone, probably about the size of say 6 ferry decks, with police to catch anyone driving by, so lorries can't just treat border control as optional?
b) expand the juxtaposed controls in Calais ferry/Eurotunnel terminals into Ceuta and Melilla?
c) rejoice at the new found unity in the UK as the inhabitants of Kent seek trade advice from our Northern Irish brethren?

*even non-EU as everyone goes to Rotterdam instead of Felixstowe as I understand it.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Ok then give people jobs you loving numpty

Oh but no that's communism isn't it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

This post wasn't great I've had too much to drink