Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1340359721962889216?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

That's pretty generic for a trademark, even if it just applies to wrestling. I'm with it being mostly for seo burying.

is this kinda like how moxley was on bloodsport so wwe introduced a way lamer version of bloodsport for the 3 months leading up to it and immediately dropped it the week after the show

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1340411910928424960?s=19

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Ah, Joey Janela also found the first clean result on "wwf wrestlemania png"

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Oh noooo they can't use the Collective name anymore, has anyone trademarked "GCW: gently caress THAT OLD MAN IN HIS STUPID WITHERED rear end"

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

dunno why they need the name anymore, I thought everyone at the last collective died of covid anyway

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Cage Kicker posted:

Oh noooo they can't use the Collective name anymore, has anyone trademarked "GCW: gently caress THAT OLD MAN IN HIS STUPID WITHERED rear end"

They would be stupid to spend a dime fighting for it, just let it go name your poo poo something like "Die Vince Die" and cash in on the fans that'll buy shirts like bucks cease and desist and move on.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
poo poo. https://twitter.com/RichHomieJuice/status/1341210121066721280?s=19

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1341291128834953216?s=19

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1341173977121734656?s=19

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

logan stunt's winter recess

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

They're doing a time travel show

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Hope not since he got outed as a shitbag.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

History Comes Inside! posted:

Hope not since he got outed as a shitbag.

wait what? i missed this

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Cage Kicker posted:

wait what? i missed this

He groped and was otherwise inappropriate with a seamstress at The Collective and far as I can tell silently disappeared from Twitter.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Just a reminder that Brian Pilman Jr. was defending Logan pretty publically, saying poo poo like "You'll ruin his career"

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

He groped and was otherwise inappropriate with a seamstress at The Collective and far as I can tell silently disappeared from Twitter.

Marko beat his rear end at the Clusterfuck for it, good times.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

soooo anyone know what is going on with GCW and IWTV?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

the escape goat posted:

soooo anyone know what is going on with GCW and IWTV?

Lauderdale tweeted/retweeted to the effect he can’t elaborate due to either a non-disclosure or non-disparagement agreement, but based on the context it seems like their deal gave IWTV the rights to the shows they coproduced with GCW and GCW found this out the hard way when they tried to do something that would’ve required holding those rights.

Comedy Baseless Speculation: Someone GCW doesn’t like is buying IWTV and their video library.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 26, 2020

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Lauderdale tweeted/retweeted to the effect he can’t elaborate due to either a non-disclosure or non-disparagement agreement, but based on the context it seems like their deal gave IWTV the rights to the shows they coproduced with GCW and GCW found this out the hard way when they tried to do something that would’ve required holding those rights.

Comedy Baseless Speculation: Someone GCW doesn’t like is buying IWTV and their video library.

GCW was led to believe they owned the masters for every they paid to produce but it seems that is not the case.

https://twitter.com/Lauderdale11/status/1342962059856764928?s=19

It's definitely possible someone is trying to buy IWTV but I feel like we would have heard something if that were the case. I'm wondering if they're trying to start a collective streaming service or something and that's how this came up.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Dec 26, 2020

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
I'm honestly going to wait for more info before picking a side here because right now the story is being told exclusively from one side (the side of a company I watch every show of, but still). Who's to say Brett didn't have someone properly read the contract, or it genuinely isn't in the contract or something in between, we don't know. So I'm just going to watch it unfold for a bit before deciding who's side I'm on.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

irony considering the powerbomb tv split

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultimately if it means no more GCW on IWTV that eliminates a lot of the value of that service for me.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

https://twitter.com/RichHomieJuice/status/1342964660002238466

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I remember being sketched about IWTV a long time ago because of who was involved but I don't remember exactly why.

I don't know what the dispute is over. If IWTV filmed, produced, hosted online, and put all the infrastructure to GCW shows they should probably retain the rights to own that footage, but GCW is owed equal degree of ownership too since they're the ones who booked and wrote the shows. Probably just your average contract dispute? :shrug:

They both put in about 50/50 in getting shows out there. Probably. Speaking as someone who's previously worked for a production company.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

I remember being sketched about IWTV a long time ago because of who was involved but I don't remember exactly why.

I don't know what the dispute is over. If IWTV filmed, produced, hosted online, and put all the infrastructure to GCW shows they should probably retain the rights to own that footage, but GCW is owed equal degree of ownership too since they're the ones who booked and wrote the shows. Probably just your average contract dispute? :shrug:

They both put in about 50/50 in getting shows out there. Probably. Speaking as someone who's previously worked for a production company.

I believe its owned by Vin Gerard and there was a dispute early on about ownership, maybe that's why?

While IWTV is being discussed, I like their library but the app is pretty bad. If you search for specific talent on Highpots you get results as long as that talent has footage on the channel. Do the same thing with IWTV, you just get a black screen and a back button.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Even when I'm looking for something I know is on IWTV, finding it has always been a chore.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Even when I'm looking for something I know is on IWTV, finding it has always been a chore.

it's got a pretty terribly designed interface, especially in the Roku app, and the watchlist function is astonishingly hit and miss. I've been able to overlook it because of the sheer volume of content though. If they're starting to be lovely people to the companies they work with, I might have to rethink that, but obviously I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I believe its owned by Vin Gerard and there was a dispute early on about ownership, maybe that's why?

While IWTV is being discussed, I like their library but the app is pretty bad. If you search for specific talent on Highpots you get results as long as that talent has footage on the channel. Do the same thing with IWTV, you just get a black screen and a back button.

Before IWTV there was Powerbomb.tv which was basically the same platform but with Adam Lash involved. Powerbomb was suddenly dissolved and IWTV created, seemingly to cut Adam out of the loop. Adam claimed to be a big part of Powerbomb and made a big stink. People didn't really care because Adam was rumored to be kind of a creep so it was funny to see him screwed over.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wasn’t powerbomb linked to Michael Elgin somehow or am I misremembering?

I feel like there was some drama when he got outed as a bit of a poo poo.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

History Comes Inside! posted:

Wasn’t powerbomb linked to Michael Elgin somehow or am I misremembering?

I feel like there was some drama when he got outed as a bit of a poo poo.

One of the people who thought that they were an owner got turfed over criticizing the decision to stream Elgin in IWA-MS, iirc.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
IWTV's iPad app is pretty terrible. It's the iPhone app that's stretched out. It didn't even fill the whole screen.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The thing that really irks me about the IWTV app is that when you're browsing promotions, they're in no discernible order. You'd think alphabetical would be the wise and easy choice. Nope!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ganso Bomb posted:

The thing that really irks me about the IWTV app is that when you're browsing promotions, they're in no discernible order. You'd think alphabetical would be the wise and easy choice. Nope!

In the Roku app, the order is the date when they last uploaded a show, which is absolutely no help to anyone.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ganso Bomb posted:

I mean, that's most streaming services, isn't it? Clic on "movies" or "tv shows" and none of that poo poo's in alphabetical order.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Davros1 posted:

I mean, that's most streaming services, isn't it? Clic on "movies" or "tv shows" and none of that poo poo's in alphabetical order.

It makes more sense to me with something like Netflix where it's a curated list of movies they want you to see. If I clicked on a "Hardcore Wrestling" category, I wouldn't expect to see an alphabetical list of shows. Listing all of your promotions out in a Latest Events kind of order with no option to change it is wild to me.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Deathlove posted:

Marko beat his rear end at the Clusterfuck for it, good times.

Like in the ring or backstage? I hadn't heard about this.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

I find it works a lot better to just use the website in chrome on android rather than the app tbh. The live stuff especially. The Roku app seems completely slapped together and it's hard to navigate to the live button somehow

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Joey you crazy motherfucker this sounds great

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1344821754380824576

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m sad there’s not a New Year’s Eve Beyond show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist