Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the tier list guys are gonna be busy fixing everything since they're all based around floor 12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Good thing I finally got Mona to friendship lv. 10 so I can swap her out for Iceland and work on other friendships.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
The upcoming banner is really good but I'm really not that excited about the rest of the patch. Yes it's a new area to explore and yes there are some new quests, but it comes with a godawful environmental hazard mechanic that doesn't seem possible to permanently mitigate, basically all the new enemies seem like they're reskins of existing ones, and there's no new endgame content (unless abyss floor 9-12 changes significantly more than the news article implies).

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

zgrowler2 posted:

any word on what the AR gate is to enter Dragonspine? I'd assume same as the event
You need to finish the Albedo story quest first apparently to start the event, but unless they surround Dragonspine with a really conspicuous wind barrier akin to Stormterror's Domain or have Paimon randomly turn you around you can just walk into Dragonspine from at least two places (Monstadt's highlands south of Springvale or northeast of the abandoned village in Liyue). It's just part of the world map.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Some reading material for the wait. A lot of the same info from a couple days ago but there's new stuff.

Wooh, 600 Primo!

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Lol @ not being excited for new chests and forty free rolls and new quests and omg more game to play because something about the abyss.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Haha, what's this?

quote:

Blessing of the Abyssal Moon is updated every 2 weeks:
◆ Phase I: When a character obtains a Cryo Elemental Shard created from a Crystallize Reaction between Geo and Cryo, a shockwave will be released, dealing DMG to the surrounding opponents.
◆ When a character obtains a Cryo Elemental Shard created from a Crystallize Reaction between Geo and Cryo, Elemental Skill CD is decreased by 1s.
◆ Phase II: When a character obtains a Cryo Elemental Shard created from a Crystallize Reaction between Geo and Cryo, ATK increases by 5%, ATK SPD increases by 5%, and Movement SPD increases by 4%. This effect lasts for 20s and has a maximum of 5 stacks.
◆ Phase III: When a character obtains a Cryo Elemental Shard created from a Crystallize Reaction between Geo and Cryo, CRIT Rate increases by 8%. This effect lasts for 20s and has a maximum of 5 stacks.

:eyepop:

gandlethorpe posted:

Now that I'm hitting 20k+ spammable meteors, I'm having way more fun playing this janky 2 Geo 2 Cryo overworld build than I have any right to.

But honestly, I think 2G2C could be a top tier comp when shield breaking isn't that important.

They're pushing this a lot sooner than I expected

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

quote:

4. New Resources & Materials

◆ Starsilver - Can be forged into Fine Enhancement Ore

so the big fat crystal in event shop images is actually a new tier of weapon exp? that's nice. loling already at my dumb rear end hauling through sheer cold to farm this twice weekly or whatever its respawn is.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

kater posted:

Lol @ not being excited for new chests and forty free rolls and new quests and omg more game to play because something about the abyss.

lol for real. gimme those fuckin chests.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

dogsicle posted:

so the big fat crystal in event shop images is actually a new tier of weapon exp? that's nice. loling already at my dumb rear end hauling through sheer cold to farm this twice weekly or whatever its respawn is.

"Fine" is just tier 2, so starsilver will be equivalent to white iron.

quote:

As the Frostbearing Tree grows, so too will its desire for power...
:thunk:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

King of Bleh posted:

"Fine" is just tier 2, so starsilver will be equivalent to white iron.

i suppose...it's for the best :negative:

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

kater posted:

I love running around and sightseeing and taking the long way around as much as anyone, but this new area comes with a mechanic that punishes that. That tempers my excitement a lot.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

hey has anyone done this yet?

Zhongli:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7WYFLlxGbA

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

quote:

1. Fixes an issue whereby when a character is equipped with the Eye of Perception, the weapon effect "Echo" will target animals when it is triggered.

What a shame, this was always hilarious.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Omg I’m so excited

quote:

Fixes issues with the environment model near the Cryo Regisvine, whereby the area cannot be accessed via one of the entrances above

Fixes the issue of Smoldering Flames' Pyro DoT interrupting character actions.

◆ The name of Fischl's Passive Talent "Lightning Smite" is revised to "Undone Be Thy Sinful Hex."

◆ Adds missing voice-over for Paimon's dialogue in Zhongli's Story Quest

I kinda stopped playing zhongli’s quest cuz of that omg. I’m glad that this game seems really on top of fixing important things.

TheFluff posted:

I love running around and sightseeing and taking the long way around as much as anyone, but this new area comes with a mechanic that punishes that. That tempers my excitement a lot.

I understand and I do think that this might be the dev’s mistaken foray into punishing gameplay systems that will make people mad but also after you rep up a bit there’s a potion you can just craft and be immune to it and Amber can light a torch and I’m excited to go climb a mountain as Amber.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's actually embarrassing how much I'm looking forward to this update. And the 95 rolls I'll finally get to make.

quote:

Fixes the issue of Smoldering Flames' Pyro DoT interrupting character actions.
I thought this was a bug but wasn't sure. Very nice.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Change to Fischl's passive's name is the most important update of v1.2, imo

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

No Wave posted:

It was definitely a bug in one direction or the other, as many people (such as myself) never experienced it.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

gandlethorpe posted:

I want to pretend that she's spent the past few weeks thinking about it and just now came to the conclusion that the old one wasn't on-brand enough.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Wait is the abyss resetting again today? Did i gently caress myself by putting it off for last week's reset?

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

gandlethorpe posted:

Indeed, traveler, your plentiful perspicacity never ceases to astound me. It was a most miserable mishap for one of my towering talents to be thus mislabeled.

:bird: :hmmyes:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

CJ posted:

Wait is the abyss resetting again today? Did i gently caress myself by putting it off for last week's reset?
The schedule said it wasn't. It would be weird for me to keep abyss progress with the reset but it would be even more unlikely to give me a bunch of free gems with a reset. So I'm guessing it won't.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

splendiferous

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
That storyline is so dark.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

Yeah, I thought it was a bit generic.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

No Wave posted:

It's actually embarrassing how much I'm looking forward to this update. And the 95 rolls I'll finally get to make.

Smoldering Flames stunlocking you until you cleared it made Abyss 10 complete cancer, thank god it was only a bug, I assumed it was intentional along with all the other Abyss bullshit.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

John Lee posted:

hey has anyone done this yet?

Zhongli:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7WYFLlxGbA

Missed your chance now that he's getting buffed. Might want to hold onto that idea for the next 5* shitter (like Albedo).

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

quote:

6. Fixes an issue with Kaeya's Elemental Burst "Glacial Waltz" whereby the icicles summoned are unable to trigger Elemental Reactions with bodies of water and grass terrain.

As if he wasn't already the best character for crossing large bodies of water! :getin:

quote:

The name of Kaeya's Passive Talent "Heart of the Abyss" is revised to "Glacial Heart."

Hmmmm. :raise:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

probably changed for story reasons, i thought it was a bit odd too

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Maybe it was too much of a spoiler...

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
The Prototype weapons (sans Rancour) got renamed, too. What a strange decision.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

As long as they renamed Aminus, I'm happy.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
It took me ages to even notice ‘aminus’ my brain just refused to acknowledge it.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

No Wave posted:

As long as they renamed Aminus, I'm happy.

Just found a reddit thread explaining the differences—apparently the "hatred" theming of the prototype names was completely made up by the English translators, that explains that. Turns out the original name for Prototype Animus was 试做古华. "试做" is "prototype" and "古华" is "guhua", apparently the same characters used to refer to the Guhua Clan.

The new name is Prototype Archaic, which I guess refers to the 古 character. I wonder if/how they're going to retranslate the weapon description—"May it be known as Archaic of Guhua" doesn't sound very good in English, honestly.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
loc crews making stuff up wholesale is so nostalgic. like how they changed one instance of sworn siblings in the game to adopted, but left a separate one intact :shepface:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Got my first pity out off the normal banner, Qiqi. All the Razor guides on reddit are from before Diona came out, so I figured I'd ask here:

team 1: Razor, Fischl, Qiqi, Diona

It would have the cryo and electro resonances, a shield, and probably too much healing. but I have a rank 3 sac bow...

team 2: Razor, Xingqiu, Qiqi, Kaeya

Better freezing, but is adding another step (hydro) going to make things too complicated?

team 3: Razor, Fischl, Qiqi, Sucrose

Swirls? Sucrose is c0, but then again so is Diona

I have all 4* characters except Bennett. Other 5*s are Jean, Venti, and Childe.

Qiqi doesn't seem very good for a Childe team since he doesn't get the melee bonus. Chongyun is c1, but he's at level 20. New battlepass should be dropping soon though, right?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Prototype Malice never made sense for a healing weapon anyway

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Every week, it seems like English gets the least money and time to work

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
It is now called Prototype Anus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Update live! Let's gooo

:woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop:

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 23, 2020