Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rate the Thread!
This poll is closed.
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
7 100.00%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

FactsAreUseless posted:

I just use something called DS4Windows and that seems to be fine. The only game I couldn't get it to work properly with was the FF9 remake. DS3's a little more annoying, the program I use that seemed to work easily isn't supported anymore.

if you use steam it recognizes the ps4 controller (at least over a usb cable, maybe you need big picture on?) and steam ff9 works fine (though it gives xbox labels for buttons)

also i think inputmapper has supplanted ds4wjndows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

almost every game will recognize a ds4 by default now in steam altho theres some older titles you have to use the custom button mapping for which is a bit of a pain since you have to open big picture then do the controller mapping.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Joy2Key user over here.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i use the best controller ever made, the wiiu pro controller

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

trying to jack off posted:

i use the best controller ever made, the wiiu pro controller

does steam recognize it directly or d you need drivers

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

bump_fn posted:

does steam recognize it directly or d you need drivers

i use a program thats name ive forgotte and wont be able to tell you until i get home. its really cool though because it makes you pc detect it as an xbox controller making it instantly compatible with everything

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I’m a stupid baby and I struggle when buttons are labeled in game as Xbox buttons bc I’ve never used one and I can never remember what loving dOes what

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I use an 8bitdo controller that has a mode that emulated an Xbox controller and it works perfectly inshallah

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I use an 8bitdo controller that has a mode that emulated an Xbox controller and it works perfectly inshallah

8bitdo kicks rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got the 8bitdo SNES looking switch pro controller this year and it kicks rear end. It's basically a pro controller with better DPad and triggers...thank you 8Bitdo

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
8bit doo.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i got two wireless 8bitdo controllers for my snes classic and theyre insanely good, super responsive and feel exactly like a snes controller

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

8bitdo kicks rear end

In Training posted:

I got the 8bitdo SNES looking switch pro controller this year and it kicks rear end. It's basically a pro controller with better DPad and triggers...thank you 8Bitdo

Hell yeah. I liked it so much I got a second one to use on Switch

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

i got two wireless 8bitdo controllers for my snes classic and theyre insanely good, super responsive and feel exactly like a snes controller

same except for my genesis, they're also somehow cheaper than buying original used 6 button controllers on ebay because so many game collectors are braindead

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

heehee posted:

8bit doo.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The d-pad is too "hard/sharp" for my liking but maybe I never properly broke it in. It does feel a lot like an SNES controller though, and I got one of the old ones so it looks exactly like it too.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

The d-pad is too "hard/sharp" for my liking but maybe I never properly broke it in. It does feel a lot like an SNES controller though, and I got one of the old ones so it looks exactly like it too.

yeah, i def got a gaming blister the first real session i put in, but im pretty sure thats just how snes controllers are. i remember pretty much having a gaming callous 24/7 when i was a kid

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The dpad on the 8BitDo M30 Sega Genesis clone is the best on any controller ever imo.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

my 8bitdo was perfect until the B button started sticking. i looked it up and there’s a piece of torn rubber i’d have to replace, which i’m not doing. maybe i can send it to them to fix it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

fadam posted:

The dpad on the 8BitDo M30 Sega Genesis clone is the best on any controller ever imo.

its legit better than the genuine controllers which are actually kind of crappy lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i use a program thats name ive forgotte and wont be able to tell you until i get home. its really cool though because it makes you pc detect it as an xbox controller making it instantly compatible with everything

its called wiinusoft

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I use an Xbox 360 controller. It Just Works

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

https://twitter.com/forestillusion/status/1341336733024075778?s=21

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol wtf

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

I think the hoaxer based it off a legitimate patent that Nintendo filed but it's still really weird thinking about it as a could-have-been

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
mobile gamers love having their fingers covering the screen

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

suddenly remembering the discourse on this site which stated with absolutely no irony that the inclusion of the obligatory spider monster in every fantasy game was ableist because that is a common phobia

tbh the resident evil spiders really loving freaked me the gently caress out, also the giant snail from castlevania order of ecclesia

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Scared by a snail.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Scared by a snail.

If a snail was 12 feet tall you would be scared too

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Plutonis posted:

If a snail was 12 feet tall you would be scared too

drat. I'll have to shuffle away from this thing. What if I'm backed into a corner and need to use the world's most common condiment to murk it? You're right Plutonis, this poo poo is scary as hell.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4UFQWKjy_I

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lnfao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

drat. I'll have to shuffle away from this thing. What if I'm backed into a corner and need to use the world's most common condiment to murk it? You're right Plutonis, this poo poo is scary as hell.

If you are talking about a giant snail you need like, half a barrel of salt to kill it. I don't think most people can carry one with them.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i would gently caress the snail

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I would simply walk away.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

bro I would loving piss myself bro wtf hell naw lmfao

not me bro no way. no loving way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
He's talking about Mollusca.