Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
TAZ I AM TRYING TO FINISH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
Did Luther just call him a head pointing slut?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

even when not in a tag match, Serpentico can't get away from Dr. Luther's Tag Team Offence

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Luther pumping up his Chaos Project bro w/ various poses and forehead pointing :unsmith:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

ozymandius1024 posted:

Did Luther just call him a head pointing slut?

i believe he did indeed call him a "head pointing slut"

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ItohRespectArmy posted:

wow, glass houses Luther

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

smarxist posted:

wow, glass houses Luther

He won't stand for gimmick infringement

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I believe in the snakeman

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ItohRespectArmy posted:

I had no idea Sydal loved to gently caress. Good for him.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dammit

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
you know what would be a good Dark match? Serpentico vs Jon cruz.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Has Sydal done the SSP yet?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ARMBAR A COP posted:

nope

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Nope. He's probably saving it now.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Time for the weekly "Matt Sydal is loving awesome"

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Good show, thanks.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
weird, they yanked Lee Johnson as Dustin's second for the Evil Uno match :thunk:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

smarxist posted:

weird, they yanked Lee Johnson as Dustin's second for the Evil Uno match :thunk:

He's joined dark order as he should.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Excellent show tonight. There’s a few other secret signings done to keep some of the wrestlers off the market. Gracia is one of them—was done very, very recently.

Keep an eye on Wrenkowski. She’s a huge talent and she’s on radars already.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

ICR posted:

Excellent show tonight. There’s a few other secret signings done to keep some of the wrestlers off the market.

I hope Lindsay Snow was one of them.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

CombineThresher posted:

Agreed, she just did a death match for a Florida indie this weekend, so doesn’t necessarily point to that being the case.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Agreed, she just did a death match for a Florida indie this weekend, so doesn’t necessarily point to that being the case.

I saw that. Bleeding that much in pandemic times for an indy seems like a terrible idea but what do I know.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CombineThresher posted:

I was very confused for a second why an actress would get hired to wrestle but then realized I was thinking of Brittany Snow.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Vince MechMahon posted:

I like that the very presence of Peter Avalon is enough to make Taz corpse.

great commentary again lol

laughed out loud at 'boogers regardless'

ICR posted:

Keep an eye on Wrenkowski. She’s a huge talent and she’s on radars already.

she looked real good

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Yeah, if they’re handing out developmental deals, Wrenkowski seems like the one of the Mission Pro wrestlers to throw one down on ASAP. She was carrying herself incredibly confidently and seems like she’s a little further along ring wise than Allure/Vertvixen appeared to be. Foundation appears to be there.

I’m still waiting for Gracia to click for me. She seems like she moves at like 80% speed in the ring and there were some noticeable edits in her match tonight.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
great dark. great commentary as always. I liked the Lee Johnson/Stu Grayson match the best and yea Wrenkowski was a standout and I hope they sign her.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Leyla is killer, they need to announce her signing ASAP. Agree that Wrenkowski had the best energy of all the newbie women.

They could sign Bear Country and not touch the tag team division for a year or two and be set.

Luther is still unironically bad.

Vickie's sweater was iconic.

(Post below caught me before the edit. Now I have to live with my shame and waiting eight more days for Fenix-Omega :()

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Dec 23, 2020

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

xbilkis posted:

Fenix is so good. With the NBA as a lead-in tomorrow they should open with Fenix-Omega and just let em do a 15 minute banger.

Leyla is killer, they need to announce her signing ASAP. Agree that Wrenkowski had the best energy of all the newbie women.

They could sign Bear Country and not touch the tag team division for a year or two and be set.

Luther is still unironically bad.

Vickie's sweater was iconic.

Fenix vs. Omega isn't until next week.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

1) Bear Country vs Jurassic Express. They let Bear Country use their masks this time. Wow, they are letting Bronson show off power against Jungle Boy early. I'm now imagining Taz skiing. I don't see what Luchasaurus added to the Jungle Boy senton. Love a good hard-hitting team, and Bear Country are really laying it in. Oh god, the driver smacking Jungle Boy into Luchasaurus was astounding. I really want to hear what they were actually going for with the shoulders move. This was a great match.

2) Tesha Price vs Nyla Rose. Tesha Price is fresh faced and talented and just about to die. Vickie's Christmas cardigan is awesome. Handshake submission is awesome. Nyla has some of the best expressions in wrestling. I love Nyla squashes but I really want to see more competitive Nyla matches.

3) Sonny Kiss vs Miro. Love Sonny and will feel sad after his inevitable murder. Miro is just an absolute monster. Sonny got some nice agility spots here. Slightly awkward roll up but in general Sonny has played the role well here. The end wasn't in doubt but both guys looked good.

I don't care about Scorpio Sky's youtube show.

The Waiting Room. I like Britt’s Christmas sweater. We don't talk enough about how good Reba is as the sycophant. Christ almighty Frankie Kazarian is an astonishing promo. Daniels also. Britt’s reactions are pretty great. Ooh, that is a hell of an ultimatum.

Ending shot was lovely.

4) Thunder Rosa vs Jazmin Allure. Not seen Jazmin before. Rosa has awesome strikes. Jazmin... doesn't. She's not incompetent or anything, but she feels early in her career.

5) Lee Johnson vs Stu Grayson. QT walking Lee to the ring is nice. "Big Shotty Lee" sounds a bit too much like "Big Shoddy Lee". We should always be talking about how good Stu Grayson is. Decently competitive match. I'd love to see these two face off when the result was in question. Johnson kicking out of the springboard 450 was great. Not sure about the Cancun Tornado. This was very good.

6) Alex Gracia vs KiLynn King. Winner of the match faces Shida tomorrow? That's fun. Not a bad match to start, but did something go wrong towards the end? Gracia looked like she had her bell rung.

7) Pretty Peter Avalon vs Mike Verna. To be fair, Mike Verna is a handsome dude. Verna is pretty good honestly. Good exchange of armbars. Generally not bad match.

8) Red Velvet vs Vert Vixen. Two red wrestlers, one called red, one called green. Vixen isn't bad so far. A bit green, appropriately. Velvet is entirely ready for prime time.

9) Colt Cabana, 5, and 10 vs Fuego Del Sol, Aaron Solow, and Ray Jazz. 10 is a great beef machine. This is fun. Fuego and Colt are a good match. Aaron Solow is really good, just in case you didn't know. Fun trash match.

10) Madi Wrenkowski vs Leyla Hirsch. New music for Leyla. I like it. I like that Madi is selling this like a small Russian is beating the poo poo out of her. Madi has some strong Britt Baker energy, which is fun. Leyla just chucks motherfuckers around the place though. Good looking victory. Hirsch is a killer and I could see more from Madi.

11) Terence and Terrell Hughes vs the Gunn Club (Austin and Colton). WAR OF THE FAILSONS. Colton Gunn looks so much like his dad. Hughes Brothers have some skills. This was better than it could have been.

12) Rey Fenix vs Danny Limelight. I do love Denny Lamlat. He's agile and talented and has huge upside. And he is about to be dismantled. This is fun from the start. Limelight is bringing his A game here. Jesus, that thrust kick from Fenix popped Limelight's head directly off his shoulders. What the gently caress was that rope-war spot? This is absurd. God, this was good.

13) Matt Sydal vs Serpentico. It still blows me away how over Chaos Project is with me. This is super good fun. Luther pulling Serpentico out for a pep talk was great. Does it count as interference if someone picks up your opponent and hits you with him? Sydal is exceptionally watchable, and fills a great and necessary role in the company. I had a hard time thinking what could follow Fenix / Limelight, but this is managing it. This was great. This is what happens when you let good people be good.

Really solid show. Lots to like, not much to mind.

Holy poo poo, Dynamite is going to be stuffed tonight.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Yeah, if they’re handing out developmental deals, Wrenkowski seems like the one of the Mission Pro wrestlers to throw one down on ASAP. She was carrying herself incredibly confidently and seems like she’s a little further along ring wise than Allure/Vertvixen appeared to be. Foundation appears to be there.

I’m still waiting for Gracia to click for me. She seems like she moves at like 80% speed in the ring and there were some noticeable edits in her match tonight.

So, you know how Anna Jay had like, 6 matches total before she was brought up to DYNAMITE to actually be on TV?!?!? Well, we know how this turned out and it will go down as one of AEW’s best discoveries yet.

So, Wrenkowski has only been wrestling in total for ONE YEAR.

Also, she has had less than 2 dozen official matches if I recall this correctly.

Edit; Left this out for context to compare to Anna, who is part of that “future of women’s wrestling” talents, Wrenkowski is 24 years old.

ICR fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Dec 23, 2020

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Yeah, Madi's first match was in August of 2019 so she's in a little bit over a year. Vert debuted July of 2019 and Jazmin has been wrestling for almost a full year - she debuted January of 2020.

All pretty early in their careers with so much room to grow and a lot of years ahead of them. I was very happily and nervously watching Jazmin and Vert on Dark and hope they'll be invited back.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yeah, Madi's first match was in August of 2019 so she's in a little bit over a year. Vert debuted July of 2019 and Jazmin has been wrestling for almost a full year - she debuted January of 2020.

All pretty early in their careers with so much room to grow and a lot of years ahead of them. I was very happily and nervously watching Jazmin and Vert on Dark and hope they'll be invited back.

Yeah, nothing against Jazmin or Vert at all, Madi just came across as less evidently green than the other two, which is totally fine given where they’re all at.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

It's Tuesday. You know what that means.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Can't wait to post.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Them doing Limelight vs. Sydal again so soon is interesting.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

brodie ;_;

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Hey it's Juvie

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V0Uzog1Ulo

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Hey it's Juvie

Was gonna say getting hella Juvi vibes here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Love Tracksuit Penta