Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

America, you're doing amazing sweetie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What are these types of memes called? I wanna look them up myself.

RandomFerret posted:

America, you're doing amazing sweetie

Oh god, what's this referring to?!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

RareAcumen posted:

Oh god, what's this referring to?!

The Pfizer vaccine needs to be stored at dry ice temperatures, and there aren't a lot of facilities around the country that have freezers capable of maintaining those temperatures. This is a problem for distribution.

Dippin' Dots ice cream, the Ice Cream of the Future of 1985 also needs to be stored at ultra-cold temperatures in order to keep the little balls from sticking together. The company that makes the ice cream has a nationwide inventory of special freezers for storing their ice cream, with many located in grocery stores where there is also a pharmacy. This is potentially a really valuable synergy for vaccine distribution.

I don't think it's a galaxy brain USA thing; the CDC and WHO also do not have enough ultra-cold freezers to keep the expected billions of doses of vaccine in storage. It's just a pleasant coincidence that the USA has a weird ice cream company whose equipment may be uniquely useful right now.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Sagebrush posted:

That's a chmrr you dummy!

Who are a fusion of Chenjesu and...?

Checkmate, athetits :smug:

It's an old game, friend. That's as big as it gets...

...no, wait, you're in luck, someone made an HD mod.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I'm glad we live in a time where 4k machine learning upscales just come into being.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Horny

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Sagebrush posted:

The Pfizer vaccine needs to be stored at dry ice temperatures, and there aren't a lot of facilities around the country that have freezers capable of maintaining those temperatures. This is a problem for distribution.

Dippin' Dots ice cream, the Ice Cream of the Future of 1985 also needs to be stored at ultra-cold temperatures in order to keep the little balls from sticking together. The company that makes the ice cream has a nationwide inventory of special freezers for storing their ice cream, with many located in grocery stores where there is also a pharmacy. This is potentially a really valuable synergy for vaccine distribution.

I don't think it's a galaxy brain USA thing; the CDC and WHO also do not have enough ultra-cold freezers to keep the expected billions of doses of vaccine in storage. It's just a pleasant coincidence that the USA has a weird ice cream company whose equipment may be uniquely useful right now.

this is actually super cool, and somehow explains how they have managed to keep all those mall kiosks open despite no one ever getting dippin dots more than once

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

RFC2324 posted:

this is actually super cool

That's the idea, yes.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

RFC2324 posted:

this is actually super cool, and somehow explains how they have managed to keep all those mall kiosks open despite no one ever getting dippin dots more than once
When I was a kid I'd get dippin' dots as often as I was allowed, because the mint chocolate chip had distinct dots for mint and chocolate which was neat

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

FFT posted:

When I was a kid I'd get dippin' dots as often as I was allowed, because the mint chocolate chip had distinct dots for mint and chocolate which was neat

they were always too expensive when I was a kid(in the 80s), I was too "cool" in the 90s, and after that I just listened to everyone who told me they suck every time I expressed surprise they still exist and a desire to try them

I really need to finally get some, wonder if the one at my local mall is open during the pandemic

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dippin Dots own
Covid vaccines own

Offer free Dippin Dots with each vaccine administered and problem solved.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
dippin' dots are neat and fun

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

OwlFancier posted:

That's the idea, yes.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
COVID was created by Dippin Dots :tinfoil:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Sean Spicer you get out of here

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

they were always too expensive when I was a kid(in the 80s), I was too "cool" in the 90s, and after that I just listened to everyone who told me they suck every time I expressed surprise they still exist and a desire to try them

I really need to finally get some, wonder if the one at my local mall is open during the pandemic

The last time I was in our local mall (2 years ago?) the ice cream location was now one of the roll-up places. They show a video of how it's done - the operator pours some milk/cream on a frozen metal round and adds in your mixins, then uses an ice scraper paint scraper type thing and rolls it up when it freezes into like, flowers or something. And sticks them in a cup for you.

What a world of wonder we live in.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
i thought DD were weird because while it is icecream, the balls are so dense and very unlike regular churned icecream which has pockets of air althroughout giving it a creamier texture

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

any friend of yours who tries to talk you out of eating some goofy rear end weird ice cream is no true friend.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GInovXm59Ew

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CainFortea posted:

any friend of yours who tries to talk you out of eating some goofy rear end weird ice cream is no true friend.

I have truly terrible taste in romantic partners who apparently just have terrible taste

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Sagebrush posted:

dippin' dots are neat

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

BasicLich posted:

i thought DD were weird because while it is icecream, the balls are so dense and very unlike regular churned icecream which has pockets of air althroughout giving it a creamier texture

The air's between the balls

The future!

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"in jazz music, being the world champion is one of the weirdest things you could strive to be. Especially when you consider it's a game mostly for science teachers and the mentally ill."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoF2uGZasAs

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RFC2324 posted:

I have truly terrible taste in romantic partners who apparently just have terrible taste

If they taste terrible you could try covering them in dippin' dots

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

The only loss edit predating loss itself

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

somebody's gonna set the song clip to a slide show of these images, reinventing fanimutations and YTMND at the same time. the internet will have closed the circle, signaling the arrival of the cultural singularity

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://i.imgur.com/AKkE9HG.mp4

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

"in jazz music, being the world champion is one of the weirdest things you could strive to be. Especially when you consider it's a game mostly for science teachers and the mentally ill."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoF2uGZasAs

we must be on the same kick bc ive been listening to giants steps basically nonstop for the past few days. maybe the prevalence of vince guaraldi in the youtube algorithm is skewing everything towards jazz

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Wow cool!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/GuBgkxz.mp4

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

RareAcumen posted:

fb - alchememeist

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

:hmmyes:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Marilyn Manson had that wall taken out

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

If only I could gently caress my own ribs I’d be a lot less upset about not being able to get my mouth down to my dick

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Well gently caress man just sand that baseboard down, it's two inches thick in just that one section for no reason, you have the tools to fix the problem

This is a metaphor for doing yoga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

RandomFerret posted:

Well gently caress man just sand that baseboard down, it's two inches thick in just that one section for no reason, you have the tools to fix the problem

This is a metaphor for doing yoga

Can’t suck my own dick cuz my baseboards are dummy thicc