Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Its a few episodes past now, but I couldnt find anyone who clipped it so I made a dirty one with the audio pumped to 24db.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty6HWLq-q00

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

gfarrell80 posted:

Nancy Gao and her amazing boobies...

what

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

gfarrell80 posted:

Freaking sweet Ep.

Nancy Gao and her amazing boobies... I'm sure she's fine. ...she must have gotten out somehow...

Pretty sure they mentioned hand terminals when the Ganymede refugees were getting relief on Tycho (maybe).

:eyepop:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

twistedmentat posted:

Also LOL Marco : We are going to leave all the hatred and malice of humanity behind *casually murders millions, if not billions of innocent people*. Also its pretty drat clear he sees Inners as a lower form of life, that they are a separate species of human, which is not a good look for someone they've talked about 'not being the villain you think'.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Ep 4: I don't think Marco did the checkmate he thinks he did. Having protomolecule likely isn't the deterrent he thinks it is. He hosed up Earth and attacked Mars. What a great way to unite them against the entire belt. At best, they might leave him alone, but I'll bet he'll continue escalating and attacking because he's another dumb terrorist and that will lead to the inners splatting every single belt ship they come across.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Slashrat posted:

My read on this was Amos realizing that the conditions under which Clarissa is imprisoned are so much worse than he had thought, and that just toughing it out like he advised isn't sustainable

Yeah I think he was considering the feasibility of mercy killing her

Unrelated: Marco keeps making me think of an rear end in a top hat Alexander cuz he looks so much like the Alexander Mosaic

BrotherJayne fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Dec 23, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cojawfee posted:

Ep 4: I don't think Marco did the checkmate he thinks he did. Having protomolecule likely isn't the deterrent he thinks it is. He hosed up Earth and attacked Mars. What a great way to unite them against the entire belt. At best, they might leave him alone, but I'll bet he'll continue escalating and attacking because he's another dumb terrorist and that will lead to the inners splatting every single belt ship they come across.

I also think A lot of Belters are going to think the same way, that killing millions of Earth Civilians is just going to piss the UN off, and that will make things way worse for Marco and they're not all going to fall in line behind him. Fred Johnson was a pretty popular leader and at least was respected by the various OPA factions, offing him with a knife in the dark won't go over well. PLUS he's now killed both Men in Drummer's life she respected. That is not going over well. And the Belters have a direct line to the UN through Holden and Crissy so there will be awareness that this is a faction not everyone.

If Marco shows up in full Char uniform screaming "Seig Beltalowda!" i'd be super happy.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

twistedmentat posted:

Yea this was pretty much :tviv: from star to finish, except for Holden getting punched by the robot, that was a solid lol.

Also LOL Marco : We are going to leave all the hatred and malice of humanity behind *casually murders millions, if not billions of innocent people*. Also its pretty drat clear he sees Inners as a lower form of life, that they are a separate species of human, which is not a good look for someone they've talked about 'not being the villain you think'.

I'd have to rewatch the ep, but doesn't he explicitly (and somewhat pointedly) say exactly that? The belters being a different 'species'.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Hmm, sort of open to interpretation: This attack was retribution for generations of atrocities commited by the Inners against innocent Belters. No longer will the belters be persecuted and subjugated to the savagery and inhumanity that the Inners have been poisoning our species with.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah I interpreted it as referring to all of humanity, not Belters as a separate species.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Marco Inaros starting this new chapter bening and of mankind with possibly the single biggest genocide in recorded history by a colossal margin is an amazing irony.

Naming his own ship after the capital of the Macedonian Kingdom before the conquest of Persia, his own son after Phillip, this guy is obssesed with becoming an Alexander the Great for the belters.

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Dec 23, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

hump day bitches! posted:

Marco Inaros starting this new chapter bening and of mankind with possibly the single biggest genocide in recorded history by a colossal margin is an amazing irony.

Naming his own ship after the capital of the Macedonian Kingdom before the conquest of Persia, his own son after Phillip, this guy is obssesed with becoming an Alexander the Great for the belters.Having read the books his end its fitting.

Hey careful with the book stuff, even in spoilers. But yea, there is a good chance that one that hit near Philly probably killed a huge number of people, and if Gao was flying back from SEA its possible that one hit in India, another heavily populated area.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I kind of feel less about Naomi now knowing that she was with him for years

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang

Mu Zeta posted:

I kind of feel less about Naomi now knowing that she was with him for years

She was literally a teenager dating the big-talking bad boy who said all the radical things she wanted to hear at that age. The moment he used her code to blow up a ship full of people was when she soured on him, tried to get herself and her son out of there.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
She just got herself out, didn't try particularly hard to get the kid

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005

Azhais posted:

I can't recall if the details of how she became separated from her son have been explained in the show yet, so I'll hold off on this debate, but there is quite a story between "Fillip is born" and "Naomi leaves Marco".

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

edit fail

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

everydayfalls posted:

Really felt like this was the first "real" episode of the season. Like the first three were basically recap and setting episodes, not that they where bad mind you. Just that everyone is just going about there everyday, and that's not really what this series is about.

I went over to the excellent nukemap to check out how the blast radius of the rocks would have worked out. As others have said, the audio from the episode doesn't track. 2000-3000 Kt is well within the range of currently deployed arsenals, now if they where supposed to be saying 200-300 Mt that's something that will ruin a continent. For reference the largest ever bomb tested by the Soviets was estimated at ~50Mt and that was lighting things on fire hundreds of miles away.

Poor Fred :(

I thought it slightly hilarious that any of the characters thought their pea shooters would do anything against salvage bot. Also holden not being concerned about ricochets and the blue vial of death.

Marco Aneros seriously underestimates the vindictiveness of the human race if he thinks an opening move like this is going to produce a belter utopia. His population is significantly more vulnerable to attack, Earth has huge gently caress off rail guns in orbit. Belter population centers continue to exist at their pleasure.

Not to mention any food issues the belt would probably continue to be having with the destruction of Ganymede not that long ago.

I think the idea is that he's gonna wave the protomolecule, which he has no idea what actually does, at Earth and Mars as a delaying tactic until the Belters can squat all the planets beyond the gate and become self sufficient. Presumably there's some accommodation made for Medina Station to fall under his hands otherwise... it doesn't work at all because they can just asymmetrically shut out all the Inaros faction from mass emigrating.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Azhais posted:

Show hasn't really touched on it but books: Filip was literally held hostage from her and hidden. She had no way to get to him and he was essentially being used to keep her 'behaving', so she figured the best thing to do was bail.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Azhais posted:

Yea, and she will probably think by the simple fact she is his biological mother she'll be able to turn him, but to Filip she's a complete stranger, there is zero connection so he has zero reason to listen to her.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I just want to see Marco fall flat on his face with how out of his element he is.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
So, I'm curious if show watchers picked up on something. Did you guys happen to notice what kind of ship Marco was in? I'm surprised they didn't outright have a character mention it, but the set is pretty obvious. This isn't a spoiler or anything, it's literally starring you right in the face, but I'm still surprised there were no lines of dialogue explicitly mentioning it.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Anonymous Zebra posted:

So, I'm curious if show watchers picked up on something. Did you guys happen to notice what kind of ship Marco was in? I'm surprised they didn't outright have a character mention it, but the set is pretty obvious. This isn't a spoiler or anything, it's literally starring you right in the face, but I'm still surprised there were no lines of dialogue explicitly mentioning it.

Space...ship?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Clarissa seems to be housed at the same facility as the dude from In the Mouth of Madness.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just let the man enjoy thinking about "amazing boobies" in peace.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Let s/he who can't admit to being horny for Drummer, Amos or both cast the first stone.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
LOL, the horny-on-main face blind goons who keep mistaking Lily Gao for Dichen Lachman were cute last season before they got corrected, but now it's just kind of gross. Please stop.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Wasn't she in Dollhouse with Tahmoh Penikett from BSG as well?

veni veni veni posted:

Let s/he who can't admit to being horny for Drummer, Amos or both cast the first stone.

listen Drummer may be extremely up my gay alley but I'm gonna throw hella stones at a goon describing their thoughts about six frames of Cara Gee's nipples

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005

Kazinsal posted:

Wasn't she in Dollhouse with Tahmoh Penikett from BSG as well?

Just to be clear, Lily Gao (who plays Nancy Gao on the show) has never been on Dollhouse or Altered Carbon, nor has she (to my knowledge) ever appeared topless. Horny goons last year (and apparently again this year) for some reason keep confusing her with Dichen Lachman who appeared in Dollhouse and Altered Carbon, the latter of which was full of naked people, although a body double was used for all her scenes, so even then goons are still lusting over a pair of phantom breasts. Please God, let this be the last time this needs to be explained in this thread.

vvv Yeah, I figured you already knew, but some people seem to have real trouble telling them apart despite one being easily a decade older than the other and also them not looking at all alike. vvvvv

Anonymous Zebra fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Dec 23, 2020

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Anonymous Zebra posted:

Just to be clear, Lily Gao (who plays Nancy Gao on the show) has never been on Dollhouse or Altered Carbon, nor has she (to my knowledge) ever appeared topless. Horny goons last year (and apparently again this year) for some reason keep confusing her with Dichen Lachman who appeared in Dollhouse and Altered Carbon, the latter of which was full of naked people, although a body double was used for all her scenes, so even then goons are still lusting over a pair of phantom breasts. Please God, let this be the last time this needs to be explained in this thread.

Yeah, I meant Lachman. I have no idea what Lily Gao has been in other than this.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
All breasts are amazing.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
That moment when you open Expanse thread and its all blacklined :allears:
Time to watch a new episode!

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Anonymous Zebra posted:

The interior looked Martian?

Kazinsal posted:

listen Drummer may be extremely up my gay alley but I'm gonna throw hella stones at a goon describing their thoughts about six frames of Cara Gee's nipples
Not to drag out boobchat but I'm actually still really confused by that choice. First ever non-butt nudity on the show and it's casually Drummer for no particular reason? Just really curious why they did it (and kinda how Cara Gee felt about it).

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
lol Marco's ship is an MCRN battleship?

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
This season is going hard as gently caress and I'm loving it. I also love the plot this season more than last season's--nice to be firmly back in Sol for a little, and the whole space terrorists thing is good. Shame I could never get into the prose of the books, cause the TV adaptation has always been some good poo poo, IMO.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

VagueRant posted:

The interior looked Martian?
Not to drag out boobchat but I'm actually still really confused by that choice. First ever non-butt nudity on the show and it's casually Drummer for no particular reason? Just really curious why they did it (and kinda how Cara Gee felt about it).

I'm fairly sure it was a body double. She never looks at the camera and Cara Gee would of been pregnant at the time of filming.

I assume it was done to show the casual, open sexuality on the ship. Whether it was successful or just gratuitous is up the viewer I suppose.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Cojawfee posted:

I mean if the story is so transparently going to do a 9/11 analog, the way this plays out is going to either be a commentary on how the world was justified in going ham on al-Qaeda even if their grievances were legitimate, or a what-if about bin Laden getting a nuke/bioweapon

Book readers already know which direction it will go so I'm just guessing, but I was caught off-guard by how on-the-nose this is after so much to this point has felt entirely speculative.

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Dec 23, 2020

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I am unhealthily impatient for the Aftershow and youtube reaction vids for this episode!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
There is a pandemic, half the world shut down, people are extra horny, just let it be. Space titties are fine and earned by the world for th poo poo we have been put through. If we had behaved properly, we may have even been gifted an Amos rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
God Wes Chatham was so hot in House of Cards