Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Really, Please Feel Free to Abandon Us

I love that devil horn throwing lady in the left corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

not gonna hand it to him but at least it is a joke

barely above SOME GIZMO, but at least there's a connection made

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

By popular demand posted:

She's a radical muslim.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Is it radical to have two left hands?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

By popular demand posted:

That's actually an insectoid with one compound eye facing us, and its claws just look like that.

Libra posted:

Go ask Rall.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

DRONES!

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Nenonen posted:

That's actually an insectoid with one compound eye facing us, and its claws just look like that.

Go ask Rall.

Guy had a wart on his heart;his anatomy may not be entirely normal.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I want to believe this cartoon is unironic.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Libra posted:

Look at the centrist over here.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Good thing Rall knows what the Afghans want more than the Afghans do.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Moon Slayer posted:

On the other hand, I highly doubt there’s going to be a clean withdrawal since we’ve been there so long that people who were babies on 9/11 are now being shipped there. After a decade or two some dependence is going to inevitably develop, and maybe that’s intentional so hawks can justify a forever war.

SniHjen
Oct 22, 2010

From many pages ago, Censorship good?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Huh. I just noticed that Garrison gave Zuck a literal pencil neck.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

holy poo poo :five:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Pants Donkey posted:

On the other hand, I highly doubt there’s going to be a clean withdrawal since we’ve been there so long that people who were babies on 9/11 are now being shipped there. After a decade or two some dependence is going to inevitably develop, and maybe that’s intentional so hawks can justify a forever war.

It's an utterly lovely situation with absolutely no good solution, but I think we can all agree that Rall's "anything America does is automatically bad and wrong" takes are pretty dumb.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Really, Please Feel Free to Abandon Us

Ted Rall posted:

President Donald Trump has ordered the evacuation of all but 800 United States troops from occupied Afghanistan, which the United States invaded 19 years ago. As usual, the media is repeating shibboleths about how the Afghans will feel “abandoned” by the US departure.

I don't think Ted knows what a shibboleth is

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Barry Shitpeas posted:

I don't think Ted knows what a shibboleth is

Reading it charitably, I think he's using the word not in the Old Testament sense but in the sense of "a custom, principle, or belief distinguishing a particular class or group of people, especially a long-standing one regarded as outmoded or no longer important", according to whatever dictionary Google uses. That is, the media class assumes permanent occupation is necessarily good, without really considering why.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Reading it charitably, I think he's using the word not in the Old Testament sense but in the sense of "a custom, principle, or belief distinguishing a particular class or group of people, especially a long-standing one regarded as outmoded or no longer important", according to whatever dictionary Google uses. That is, the media class assumes permanent occupation is necessarily good, without really considering why.

But the media don't use that terminology to distinguish themselves from other groups. It's a total misuse of the word. Rall is dumb.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Random Twitter politoons

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

But the media don't use that terminology to distinguish themselves from other groups. It's a total misuse of the word. Rall is dumb.

American political and media elites have an idee fixe that a permanent, worldwide US military presence is necessary and good. I don't think Trump's sociopathic approach to foreign policy is an improvement, if that's what Rall's trying to say.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

For some reason whenever I see this person's art style I expect to read a comic complaining about gays and black people.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Nice to see Bors is using Facebook. "Use your stimulus check to build a guillotine" has been all over my wall today.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It did make me realize that political cartooning is naturally tailored to furries, and yet so few bother.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Jedit posted:

Nice to see Bors is using Facebook. "Use your stimulus check to build a guillotine" has been all over my wall today.

facebook, twitter, irc, discord, it's almost like it's foreshadowing the fall of the illegitimate regime.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Jedit posted:

Nice to see Bors is into Bernie both as a candidate and as a film

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Ague Proof posted:

For some reason whenever I see this person's art style I expect to read a comic complaining about gays and black people.

i think its because weve been trained by this thread to distrust more modern art styles because the only guys who usually get posted here are insane racists.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Moon Slayer posted:

It's an utterly lovely situation with absolutely no good solution, but I think we can all agree that Rall's "anything America does is automatically bad and wrong" takes are pretty dumb.

To be fair, that take does have a lot of evidence on its side.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Pants Donkey posted:

It did make me realize that political cartooning is naturally tailored to furries, and yet so few bother.

Whatever happened to Animalz Nooz or however it was spelled?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

SerialKilldeer posted:

Whatever happened to Animalz Nooz or however it was spelled?

I think the Trump election broke the author spiritually.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Ague Proof posted:

ah, the Reasonabilist Bear effect

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This, is certainly something.

https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1341524754835120128

So why am I linking youtube's twitter? This is a reply about StoneToss wannabe, Anton Servetnik. Better known as Antoons. Who has been up to a Year of...well being lovely. Most of the year he was harassing a minor who goes by the name of Puppy. He lied to her several times by my understanding, and was just generally lovely to her.
This? This is him harassing a different minor. Including sexual harassment.
Of a minor.

So hoooo boy. The taint of the StoneToss sphere continues.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Manuel Calavera posted:

This, is certainly something.

https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1341524754835120128

So why am I linking youtube's twitter? This is a reply about StoneToss wannabe, Anton Servetnik. Better known as Antoons. Who has been up to a Year of...well being lovely. Most of the year he was harassing a minor who goes by the name of Puppy. He lied to her several times by my understanding, and was just generally lovely to her.
This? This is him harassing a different minor. Including sexual harassment.
Of a minor.

So hoooo boy. The taint of the StoneToss sphere continues.

If he keeps up this kind of behavior he might wind up a major political, media or business figure!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on UK and France crisis talks to reopen border – Boris Johnson has come under fire as dozens of countries, days before the end of the Brexit transition period and with no trade deal yet agreed, suspend travel from the UK in response to the new, more contagious Covid variant" After Gillray.

Telegraph:

After Raeburn.

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the royal bubble-breakers

'Don't bother removing all these, Hobson - I doubt they count in the rule of six'

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

Hello, politoons thread. It's me, the father of Gay Abortions. (Well... would-be father, I guess.)

It's been a long time! Good to see you looking well. I drew a thing today that I thought I ought to pop in and share with you. I humbly call it... the Editorial Cartoon of the Century!

(Bigger version)

This was born of me whingeing on twitter about that lazy, familiar meme floating in the media lately: "Well, 2020 was a nightmare, but don't worry — it's nearly over, phew! And 2021 will surely be much better!" Have they forgotten saying the same thing a year ago, about 2019 and 2020? And again a year before that? And a year before that, and so on and so on? Surely you'd recognise the pattern, at this point? But no, no: this year bad, therefore, next year good. We don't have to do anything; that's just what happens.

Anyway — it was born of that, but the format of it was born of years and years of browsing THIS VERY THREAD, and the endless cycle of Baby New Year cartoons (it's not a trope I've ever seen much outside of American editorial illustration), all some variation on what I've attempted, above, to distil into a single, reusable image, with a simple, dumb message — WHAT A poo poo YEAR — sure to remain relevant and postable every late December for decades to come. It's the everlasting gobstopper of editorial hackwork!

From a mostly-lurker, thank you all for your diligent posting, this year and every year, every year forever and ever. Merry Christmas and happy Gaybie season!

hi mr. alexander i've always been a big fan of your stuff

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

At least when Leak did this cartoon he made his own QR code rather than lift the one from a real estate company: https://www.professionals.com.au/how-qr-codes-work-in-real-estate/

Leak, Son of Leak:

Coronavirus cases recorded in Antarctica at Chilean research station (ABC)

Warren Brown:

The Northern Beaches region of Sydney has been split into a northern and southern zone for Christmas: NSW coronavirus restrictions in Greater Sydney and northern beaches for Christmas explained (ABC)

Knight:

Get On The Beers, the Christmas lights edition, takes suburban Melbourne by storm (Guardian)

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

Garrison really puts his creative energy into people transformed into animals, and we all wish he wouldn't

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm so loving sick of "Is that [thing]? No, it's covid" cartoons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Moon Slayer posted:

idk I think that Afghans might want us to gtfo since they keep shooting bullters at us, maybe that's just a cultural miscommunication tho like the Earth-Minbari War