Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

Some day I hope to join for movie night it sounds like so much fun. But with kiddo it's usually not possible :(

Bring the bebeh to movie night, we can watch my favorite children's movie, IT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller

we're on the west coast of canada, so the time works pretty perfectly here. Glad it's a family friendly deal, since my little one gets home from daycare around 4:30. I'll have distractions, of course, but we should be tuned in.

The reply we got to the hol.iday card in cspam is pretty great. In case it was missed, a google voice number has been set up with a voicemail box to give CSPAM mods feedback. twoday has been splicing the calls together and posting them.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3951564

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 23, 2020

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
alnilam

Kief Richards posted:

Bring the bebeh to movie night, we can watch my favorite children's movie, IT.

lol

but for real she barely knows what TV is and on the occasion we bring out our small tv and show her sesame street or puffin rock or something, she watches about 20 minutes and then gets bored with it and wants to play or read. there's no way a feature length film would work. I honestly look forward to when we can watch some nice kids movies with her though, just not yet.

ty manifisto

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Oh boy, just one day before the Christ child comes and hides the children's presents under a blanket, as per the family tradition.
And then the goose and red cabbage!
:whoptc:

Heather Papps

hello friend

it's been an extremely weird holiday season, but i kind of think my niece is okay with having multiple small christmases spread out over weeks. i went to see my parents, but we were only able to do outdoor distanced stuff with my siblings and their families which meant a lot of opening presents outside in winter jackets and masks.

she unwrapped the unicorn statue i painted in glow in the dark sparkle paint and i heard her quietly say "you're the best" and that alone made this christmas great.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

B33rChiller posted:

The reply we got to the hol.iday card in cspam is pretty great. In case it was missed, a google voice number has been set up with a voicemail box to give CSPAM mods feedback. twoday has been splicing the calls together and posting them.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3951564

where's the BYOB voicemail i have a song i wish to sing it

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

lol

but for real she barely knows what TV is and on the occasion we bring out our small tv and show her sesame street or puffin rock or something, she watches about 20 minutes and then gets bored with it and wants to play or read. there's no way a feature length film would work. I honestly look forward to when we can watch some nice kids movies with her though, just not yet.

It took my little dude who is now an adult dude about 15 years to figure out TV. Now he still hates TV because it's boring, but he gets really into movies. Finally.

I loving love Puffin Rock though. That's good poo poo.

Just never Caillou!!!!!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Kief Richards posted:

trading in my MBP
Most balluable player.

(But seriously the answer to modernizing macbooks is "don't bother", unless you have one from a lovely-bad-keyboard generation. The only thing that has improved is battery life.)

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Also I'm really enjoying this shirt I bought recently from the band Otoboke Beaver (very cool band). They are spelling out a bad word.

Otoboke Beaver is really good, I am now relistening to Itekoma Hits.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Kief Richards posted:

Ok. Is it less stupid than the magic bar thing? I'm prolly gonna do it regardless bc I need it for potential new job anyway (I'm tryna swing a consultancy).

uh i mean i like touch bar when you customize it properly so like it's really up to ur Tastes and Aesthetics. keyboard actually feels pretty good compared to the 2019 mbp 16" and 2017 mbp, both of which feel like doodoo or hot coals.

the big sell for the silicon / m1 stuff is that the integrated chip is a lot more power efficient. i only clobbered 50% of the battery after 3 days of steady use including youtubes and and yobbers and suchlike. id say get the pro bc of the fan.

i got the 13" and it's like the Right Size for shufflin about, ya feel?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

roomforthetuna posted:

Most balluable player.

(But seriously the answer to modernizing macbooks is "don't bother", unless you have one from a lovely-bad-keyboard generation. The only thing that has improved is battery life.)

I have a 2013 and it is a bad keyboard :negative:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

aldantefax posted:

uh i mean i like touch bar when you customize it properly so like it's really up to ur Tastes and Aesthetics. keyboard actually feels pretty good compared to the 2019 mbp 16" and 2017 mbp, both of which feel like doodoo or hot coals.

the big sell for the silicon / m1 stuff is that the integrated chip is a lot more power efficient. i only clobbered 50% of the battery after 3 days of steady use including youtubes and and yobbers and suchlike. id say get the pro bc of the fan.

i got the 13" and it's like the Right Size for shufflin about, ya feel?

Yup. Thasswhat I went with this time because the 15" is just too drat big.

The 2017 is hot garbage and we should never speak of it again. I literally sent mine back for a refund and kept the 2013 over that.

Goons Are Gifts

Guys, not to spoil you any of my upcoming adventures but

Derpies

by sebmojo

Glutes Are Great posted:

Fill the streets grill the taco meats

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Glutes Are Great posted:

Wtaf you're really gonna do it!!!!!

Prof. Crocodile

alnilam posted:

lol

brace yourself for the horrors of Baby Shark.

Derpies

by sebmojo

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Please God no

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Prof. Crocodile posted:

DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO

Manifisto

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I wonder if there's some kind of auditory vaccine you can use to prevent the baby shark virus from entering your babby

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

ba . . . by . . . tax deduction, do do do-do-do-do

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

ba . . . by . . . tax deduction, do do do-do-do-do

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I am really glad my human child did not get exposed to baby shark. He did, unfortunately, get exposed to Teletubbies. A lot.

It was bad. It was very bad and no good and I hated every second of it.

BoldFrankensteinMir

The holiday party has begun my friends!

Sig by Heather Papps

Derpies

by sebmojo
It sure is a busy shopping day

xcheopis

Derpies posted:

It sure is a busy shopping day

I bought slices of pie!

The order confirmation from Postmates made me laugh out loud at my desk:

Trying

So what are he Actually Good christmas songs?

1) The Power of Love (barely even a christmas song, properly good)
2) Stop The Cavalry
3) Lonely This Christmas (sadfucks unite :smith::respek::smith:)
4) Shakin' Stevens - Merry Christmas Everyone best proper xmas song
5) Fairytale of New York

Heather Papps

hello friend

Royal Updog posted:

2) Stop The Cavalry
5) Fairytale of New York

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nud2TQNahaU

very glad to get to be the one to post this this time

alnilam

I think at their heart a lot of the old carols and also 1940s crooner songs are actually very good songs, they've just gotten quite old with overplaying

Rockin around the xmas tree and run run rudolph are both extremely good imo

alnilam

The Simon and Garfunkel version of Silent Night where they put a depressing newscast audio over it

ty manifisto

Trying

Heather Papps posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nud2TQNahaU

very glad to get to be the one to post this this time

So bad it's good is played out but this is so fractally terrible that I can't tear my ears away

Heather Papps

hello friend

Royal Updog posted:

So bad it's good is played out but this is so fractally terrible that I can't tear my ears away

the first time i heard it i couldn't hear anything else for a full year

alnilam

A spaceman came a traveling is kinda cool

ty manifisto

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
i got a new thread idea coming soon

Heather Papps

hello friend

aldantefax posted:

i got a new thread idea coming soon

i had a really good one when i was visiting family down south but failed to write it down

of course now i can't remember it, thank goodness there are a lot of good threads already

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I think "All I Want for Christmas Is You" is a really good song, if I heard it in a language I didn't know and there weren't sleigh bells and stuff I'd never guess it was a Christmas song, I'd just think it was a banger.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

How Wonderful! posted:

I think "All I Want for Christmas Is You" is a really good song, if I heard it in a language I didn't know and there weren't sleigh bells and stuff I'd never guess it was a Christmas song, I'd just think it was a banger.

secret: christmas songs, are bangers

more falafel please

forums poster

https://youtu.be/Oswkllz_Lvs the choruses go so hard

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Royal Updog posted:

2) Stop The Cavalry
5) Fairytale of New York

Repostin this cuz i love it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_y5rMXTlng

It's not really christmas music but handel's messiah is strongly linked to christmas for me and I love it and it makes me feel like christmas. tbh I'm not really religious but all the old traditional english carols with an organ/choir(god rest ye merry gentlemen, hark the herald angels, onc ein royal davids city etc etc etc) have a really strong place in my cultural/childhood memory that make me feel very :fluffy: and I love them.

the little drummer boy is ABSOLUTELY NOT on that list

baaaaaaaaaaaaaby jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus PAAAAH RUM PAH PUM PUM

worst crimma song ever

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Mary totally was like "gently caress yeah that's my jam" to the kid who showed up with a god damned snare drum after putting her newborn son down to sleep in a loving barn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Repostin this cuz i love it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_y5rMXTlng

It's not really christmas music but handel's messiah is strongly linked to christmas for me and I love it and it makes me feel like christmas. tbh I'm not really religious but all the old traditional english carols with an organ/choir(god rest ye merry gentlemen, hark the herald angels, onc ein royal davids city etc etc etc) have a really strong place in my cultural/childhood memory that make me feel very :fluffy: and I love them.

the little drummer boy is ABSOLUTELY NOT on that list

baaaaaaaaaaaaaby jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus PAAAAH RUM PAH PUM PUM

worst crimma song ever

counterpoint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=updwJjHIACk

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him