Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

communism bitch posted:

Someone ITT a couple months ago mentioned off-handedly that Turkish barbers are like secret spa days for men. Having never tried one, and there being a new Turkish barber in my town literally opposite me, I figured I'd give them a shot before they have to close again in Lockdown 3.
Went in expecting a 15 minute cut and shave, spent 1hr 20 minutes being treated like a loving king. Cut, style, shave (clipper and straight razor) they set my ears on fire, karate chopped my arms, cracked my joints(????), wrapped my entire naked body in a steaming onesie, waxed my nostrils, and gave me Turkish delight (not a euphemism) all for £22. I normally spend £15 for a 15 minute haircut that ends up looking worse than when I started. On top of it all they didn't even seem to need any particular instructions; they just did it, an I came out looking at least twice as handsome as when I went in.

Patronise your Turkish barber; you won't regret it.

e: I literally feel too fancy to be sitting at home after that.

Can you opt out of the extra bits? I'm all for a good fancy haircut for a good price, but I want to be in and out in 25 mins, not there for 1hr 20 getting a shoulder massage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

The Perfect Element posted:

As soon as I saw the original tweet I just assumed without comment that the photo would have been doctored from a Corbyn rally.

It would have to have been partly because there haven't been any rallies this year but also because Stairmaster will get those kinds of crowds out ..... NOT.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
So, I have a limited budget and I've pretty much exhausted the single player variants of my board game collection. Never gamed a huge amount, but having seen hbomberguy's latest I'm tempted to try New Vegas. Would it be staggeringly stupid to buy a used PS3 and a copy of the game?

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Ewan posted:

Can you opt out of the extra bits? I'm all for a good fancy haircut for a good price, but I want to be in and out in 25 mins, not there for 1hr 20 getting a shoulder massage.

I imagine so. The place I go to offers the same but if you want a quick cut and go they won't be offended. If there's a long queue at the one I visit, they'll give you a complimentary beer from the mini fridge. :)

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

River outside (10m from my flat) rising rapidly.
Highest since February this year when it reached the highest ever (but just under 2m to go to beat that). Rising at around 8cm per 15 mins at the moment. Think I might go and put the sandbags out when it goes over 5m this evening - heavy rain to continue for another 4 hours or so and the river peaks some hours later when it comes down from further upstream.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
The perfect top off for 2020, Christmas flooding

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

communism bitch posted:

Went in expecting a 15 minute cut and shave

communism bitch posted:

wrapped my entire naked body in a steaming onesie

there is a significant escalation here that you have glossed over

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

Lobster God posted:

So, I have a limited budget and I've pretty much exhausted the single player variants of my board game collection. Never gamed a huge amount, but having seen hbomberguy's latest I'm tempted to try New Vegas. Would it be staggeringly stupid to buy a used PS3 and a copy of the game?

Sure, but probably go in expecting bugs and crashiness. I can't remember how much it improved with updates, but on release it was a piece of poo poo.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I spent £15 on some shears for my poor bald head like a year ago, if I want to feel fancy when I'm doing my hair I eat an after eight when I'm done

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I don't know if it's the case with New Vegas, but every other Bethesda RPG has a fan-made patch on PC because eventually Bethesda just give up trying to fix bugs

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

fatelvis posted:

Sure, but probably go in expecting bugs and crashiness. I can't remember how much it improved with updates, but on release it was a piece of poo poo.

Actually - do you have a PC, or are you phone posting?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Lobster God posted:

You really want it on PC for mods/bug fixes.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Guavanaut posted:

Which is why when we think of 'stupid people' the stereotypical mental image is always something like this, of course:

To be fair doctors tend to be dumb af about everything outside their specialty.

For surgeons this is magnified 10x.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I want to volunteer at a Labour phone bank for keir starmers wearing my t-shirt that says

POLITICAL

PARTY

:cool:

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

fatelvis posted:

Actually - do you have a PC, or are you phone posting?

Phone posting. I have a pretty basic laptop (~3 years old) which is having fairly regular memory issues.

Miftan posted:

You really want it on PC for mods/bug fixes.

Cool. Thanks for the advice all! 😀

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Ewan posted:

Yeah some other guy came in and skipped all the extras, just got the cut and shave and was out in 20 minutes.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

there is a significant escalation here that you have glossed over
I exaggerated slightly. They just wrapped my head in a hot towel.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Saros posted:

To be fair doctors tend to be dumb af about everything outside their specialty.

For surgeons this is magnified 10x.
Is that because of the little things on their glasses? :dadjoke:

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Lobster God posted:

Bethesda really neglected the PS3 as a platform - you’d be better off getting a used Xbox 360 and getting New Vegas on that. Still buggy but performance is superior.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/23/eu-countries-prepare-for-possible-imminent-brexit-deal

quote:

Agreement on a post-Brexit trade deal appears likely to be announced within hours, after nine months of tortuous negotiations.

A meeting of EU ambassadors has been pencilled in for Christmas Eve to start the ratification process. Sources in Brussels and London confirmed they believed the talks were coming to a successful conclusion.

The two sides were within “touching distance” of finalising a deal, government sources said, and the prime minister had spoken to European commission president Ursula von der Leyen several times on Wednesday.

“David Frost is in Brussels working through the detailed legal text, line by line, and we hope tonight or tomorrow we will be in a position to announce an agreement, but we’re not there yet,” said the source. “We need to make sure the devil is not in the detail,” they added.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Lobster God posted:

Phone posting. I have a pretty basic laptop (~3 years old) which is having fairly regular memory issues.

Cool. Thanks for the advice all! 😀

Shoot me a pm if you are wanting to put together a pc I have a spare (not amazing, lower-midrange from memory) CPU, mobo and power supply I'll happily post your way as I don't have any use for them.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
The detail about looking over the legal text line by line tells me we're about to accidentally sell Sussex for some magic beans

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

Saros posted:

Shoot me a pm if you are wanting to put together a pc I have a spare (not amazing, lower-midrange from memory) CPU, mobo and power supply I'll happily post your way as I don't have any use for them.

I have a graphics card lying around I could chuck along as well if it is not included.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

New Vegas plus all DLC is currently £7.49 in the Steam sale, so you might as well; the requirements are a dual core CPU and 2GB RAM, so I'm pretty sure that any three year old laptop will run it no matter how cheap and lovely.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

communism bitch posted:

Someone ITT a couple months ago mentioned off-handedly that Turkish barbers are like secret spa days for men. Having never tried one, and there being a new Turkish barber in my town literally opposite me, I figured I'd give them a shot before they have to close again in Lockdown 3.
Went in expecting a 15 minute cut and shave, spent 1hr 20 minutes being treated like a loving king. Cut, style, shave (clipper and straight razor) they set my ears on fire, karate chopped my arms, cracked my joints(????), wrapped my entire naked body in a steaming onesie, waxed my nostrils, and gave me Turkish delight (not a euphemism) all for £22. I normally spend £15 for a 15 minute haircut that ends up looking worse than when I started. On top of it all they didn't even seem to need any particular instructions; they just did it, an I came out looking at least twice as handsome as when I went in.

Patronise your Turkish barber; you won't regret it.

e: I literally feel too fancy to be sitting at home after that.

God yes, there’s one near me. (Well, more than one). loving amazing.

Continuity NIP posted:

I spent £15 on some shears for my poor bald head like a year ago, if I want to feel fancy when I'm doing my hair I eat an after eight when I'm done

I normally use clippers (what a boon during lockdown) but about every third cut I go to the barber to get the neckline straight, fading on the throat, eyebrows done nicely, etc.

therattle fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 23, 2020

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Just put sandbags down outside the two back doors (nearest the river) to our block. They're also the fire exits so not ideal! But needs must overnight! I'm thinking tomorrow I'll try and bring them to the inside of the doors though the weather has been predicted to be a lot drier over the next couple of weeks so maybe won't need to.
It's just the speed at which the river rises that's alarming - up 2m in 10 hours.

One of my friends in Gloucestershire has just posted photos this evening - he's been flooded.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

New Vegas plus all DLC is currently £7.49 in the Steam sale, so you might as well; the requirements are a dual core CPU and 2GB RAM, so I'm pretty sure that any three year old laptop will run it no matter how cheap and lovely.
How much does it add (or take away) story and experience-wise if you have (or haven't) played Fallout 3?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Five Euro's here.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Ewan posted:

How much does it add (or take away) story and experience-wise if you have (or haven't) played Fallout 3?

Very little tbh

Its not a sequel per se and they're set in different parts of America

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Ewan posted:

it's not a sequel, they're just built on the same engine

some of the mechanics are the same but you'll get taught about them if you've never seen them before

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

feedmegin posted:

Very little tbh

Its not a sequel per se and they're set in different parts of America

Sounds like I might have something to break Tier 4 groundhog day then...

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Is it? I can't see an option for that and the game + DLC comes to more than that.

e: i can find it via an external link but if i search in steam it doesn't show up.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 23, 2020

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Just put sandbags down outside the two back doors (nearest the river) to our block. They're also the fire exits so not ideal! But needs must overnight! I'm thinking tomorrow I'll try and bring them to the inside of the doors though the weather has been predicted to be a lot drier over the next couple of weeks so maybe won't need to.
It's just the speed at which the river rises that's alarming - up 2m in 10 hours.

One of my friends in Gloucestershire has just posted photos this evening - he's been flooded.

Yeah Cheltenham is in bad shape apparently. Doing ok in Stroud so far but it's still pissing it down so we'll see.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

I guess shutting down just lorries for 2 days creating a sense of panic in the general public and potentially a 4000 strong multicultural riot at Dover has finally driven the point home to the government about what they're potentially going to cause with No Deal and they're begging for neutral language in the statement of their total capitulation.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Ewan posted:

I’d say it’s actually better not to have, I played Fallout 3 to death but didn’t spend nearly so much time in NV because of that, despite it being clearly the better game

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Lungboy posted:

Is it? I can't see an option for that and the game + DLC comes to more than that.

e: i can find it via an external link but if i search in steam it doesn't show up.

On my Steam it is there as 'Fallout New Vegas Ultimate'. £7.49.

Also realised Portal 2 is like £2

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

MonkeyLibFront posted:

Brilliant article, she's beyond reason, she's in the realm of conspiracy bingo, any sentence will include "sheep" a variant of "face diaper" etc etc when discussing covid.

I've done it, he just was very oh has she, that's not good, then mum took the phone and just accused me of stirring the pot.

Now I've found that she's already on the train down, she dismisses me as a government agent anyway, when I said I wore a respirator nearly every day for 4 hours straight for around 6 months when the Salisbury attack happened and It didn't include any illness due to "pathogen breeding grounds"

She reads poo poo like this

https://thecritic.co.uk/face-masks-make-you-stupid/

Have you considered just killing her anyway? You might be doing everyone a favour.

Very glad I have no siblings tbh. They seem shite.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Dec 23, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Continuity NIP posted:

The detail about looking over the legal text line by line tells me we're about to accidentally sell Sussex for some magic beans

and nothing of value was lost

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

OwlFancier posted:

Have you considered just killing her anyway? You might be doing everyone a favour.

Very glad I have no siblings tbh. They seem shite.

I've got a brother and another sister, both great people, kind, generous with their time all you'd want from a sibling, her on the other hand, just rallies against everyone/everything.

Incredibly manipulative as well, I would if I could get away with it.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Itv right now more or less confirming that bojo and friends saw the chaos from France closing the border, poo poo their pants and capitulated on the deal lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

StarkingBarfish posted:

Itv right now more or less confirming that bojo and friends saw the chaos from France closing the border, poo poo their pants and capitulated on the deal lol.

It is endlessly amazing how the entire british ruling class cannot see five minutes in front of them.

I'm amazed they can cross the road without getting hit.