Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

MotU posted:

How are they on point when Team Taz > Thr Dark Order >>> The Inner Circle

A: They didn't vote for the Hurt Business.
B: Inner Circle is very good character issues aside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Vince MechMahon posted:

Spears has Tully and is like 18-1 this year.

He also appears to be at least partially presented how he wants to be presented, even if it’s doesn’t always click. I would bet he’s ultimately happier in AEW.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

hurt business IS unironically probably the best stable in wwe right now so if it's a group of mostly wwe fans that dont love aew then that's a perfectly reasonable result imo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You could make the argument Inner Circle has been kind of rear end since Jericho dropped the belt because Jericho has been kind of rear end since he dropped the belt.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Procrastinator posted:

hurt business IS unironically probably the best stable in wwe right now so if it's a group of mostly wwe fans that dont love aew then that's a perfectly reasonable result imo.

Which is what this group is. Which is a bad wrestling opinion in and of itself. But not Randy Orton > Daniel Bryan bad at least.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

You could make the argument Inner Circle has been kind of rear end since Jericho dropped the belt because Jericho has been kind of rear end since he dropped the belt.

The Inner Circle was maybe better than ever before because The Stadium Stampede happened after. And main event Luther.

Linda McMahon still can't use twitter and has reply guys.

https://twitter.com/simonwellard1/status/1340706303065419777

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Vince MechMahon posted:

while floating between stories that seem to have been dropped and rarely, if ever, making it onto dynamite proper. still, occasionally doing something is better than doing absolutely nothing on smack down.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sleepwalkers posted:

while floating between stories that seem to have been dropped and rarely, if ever, making it onto dynamite proper. still, occasionally doing something is better than doing absolutely nothing on smack down.

Yeah I'm not saying he's been great, but better than he was in WWE is a low fuckin bar here, and he still easily clears it. He's at least around and winning even if he's in a holding pattern.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

The Inner Circle was maybe better than ever before because The Stadium Stampede happened after. And main event Luther.

Linda McMahon still can't use twitter and has reply guys.

https://twitter.com/simonwellard1/status/1340706303065419777

Okay fine after the first Orange Cassidy match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

Okay fine after the first Orange Cassidy match.

I loved the No DQ match with Sonny and Joey, the third Orange match, and the Isiah Kassidy match. Plus main event Luther, he tried very hard!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i liked the f4w recap calling luther and jericho a slow but good brawl. that’s exactly what it was!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

how can you watch a Chaos Project match and think "This Luther guy sucks"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The MJF/Sammy and Wardlow/Hager issues are also very fun

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I was admittedly kind of afraid that Luther might die in that main event.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1341814934871617537?s=20

https://twitter.com/JonAlba/status/1341813720595443714?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I know twitter sucks but I find reddit so much more loving insidious. That stupid voting system is so wretched and encourages the worst kind of behavior.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Twitter and Reddit are equally horrid just in different ways.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Jericho has been consistently great in AEW (except as far as his politics goes). Like, he won't put on a workrate clinic or anything, but his character work is on point and he has such a good grasp on basic ring psychology that it papers over much of his weaknesses in the ring.

Also he keeps giving a hell of a lot of shine to the guys who will carry the company five to ten years from now.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Squaredcircle especially is so tedious. Can't post one thing there without someone trying to argue with you over it. Makes me glad I remembered I had an account here

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I don't get people on there who act like Meltzer has some anti WWE bias when in reality he's often too kind when it comes to them. Just listen to him defend this Lana story line even though it makes no sense whatsoever.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

JT Smiley posted:

I don't get people on there who act like Meltzer has some anti WWE bias when in reality he's often too kind when it comes to them. Just listen to him defend this Lana story line even though it makes no sense whatsoever.

He's friends with the Bucks so that invalidates anything he might have to say. :colbert:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

JT Smiley posted:

its because theyve never actually listened to him speak or read the observer, they just look at star ratings.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

JT Smiley posted:

Meltzer being biased against whatever company you like and towards whatever company you dislike is a tradition that existed long before reddit.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

MJeff posted:

I know twitter sucks but I find reddit so much more loving insidious. That stupid voting system is so wretched and encourages the worst kind of behavior.

Twitter is doing the same thing now though. After like the top 3 tweets in replies, you have to hit "view more replies" to see what more people said, even if there's only like 7 replies. Then if the reply has a curse word in it, it's hidden under another layer and you have to hit "view all replies"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/BostonNooga/status/1341858453770412035

Such a weird reaction to someone trying to help get WWE wrestlers their rights or in the very least who drew a lot of attention to the situation.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

And if you just watch Dynamite how is his record? Getting wins is not the same as getting over.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

MassRafTer posted:

https://twitter.com/BostonNooga/status/1341858453770412035

Such a weird reaction to someone trying to help get WWE wrestlers their rights or in the very least who drew a lot of attention to the situation.

He said a thing and hasn’t done a thing!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Jericho has been fairly consistent in giving back and putting newer talent over. The promotion's been so far very good at not having the older talent just overshadow the newer guys.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Gaz-L posted:

And if you just watch Dynamite how is his record?

6-1 in 2020. Highlights include singles victories over Scorpio Sky and Matt Sydal and a tag victory over Cody.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Maxwell Lord posted:

Jericho has been fairly consistent in giving back and putting newer talent over. The promotion's been so far very good at not having the older talent just overshadow the newer guys.

Working that long game for when he asks Jungle Boy for a new liver

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Look I know it could be a lot worse and he's mostly doing a good job giving back, mostly (I still really think he should've just eaten the Orange Punch and gotten pinned instead of falling in a vat of goo, but I know I'm on an island with that one so whatever), I just think Jericho's done too much goofy jokes and also he's old and slow now. :mad:

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

JT Smiley posted:

What makes that whole thing extra funny is that when I've talked to talent about Meltzer, they don't think he's got a massive anti-WWE or pro-AEW or pro-NJPW bias. They think he's a WWE office stooge who prints stories that they put out to mess with talent. I don't necessarily think that's true, but yeah, they see it completely differently.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

davidbix posted:

What makes that whole thing extra funny is that when I've talked to talent about Meltzer, they don't think he's got a massive anti-WWE or pro-AEW or pro-NJPW bias. They think he's a WWE office stooge who prints stories that they put out to mess with talent. I don't necessarily think that's true, but yeah, they see it completely differently.

Was this what Miro was pissed off about when he reported that thing about Lana's instagram advertising being the final straw for WWE and third party income?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/RajGiri_303/status/1341923959583830022

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

weird, wonder what happened

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Perusing Reddit and Twitter, you’ll see that Velveteen Dream never did anything wrong because if he did, he would be in jail or fired, you see.

Hell, I read a thread just last week and it was about 20 posters saying nothing ever came of Velveteen Dream allegations and that it’s time to drop it and focus on the wrestling.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

davidbix posted:

I think it's fair to say that Meltzer will report what he is told officially by WWE, but he's also obviously pretty openly critical of the myriad creative failures and immoral business practices of WWE.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Pylons posted:

Was this what Miro was pissed off about when he reported that thing about Lana's instagram advertising being the final straw for WWE and third party income?
Yes. Again, I'm not sure I even buy that it's the case, but that's exactly it.

Punch McLightning posted:

I think it's fair to say that Meltzer will report what he is told officially by WWE, but he's also obviously pretty openly critical of the myriad creative failures and immoral business practices of WWE.
I don't think they mean official statements attributable to the company as much as office sources who are trying to gently caress with everyone because WWE.
In fairness to Raj, I'm pretty sure he means "it sucks that Dream is such a loving mess."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davidbix posted:

Yes. Again, I'm not sure I even buy that it's the case, but that's exactly it.

I don't think they mean official statements attributable to the company as much as office sources who are trying to gently caress with everyone because WWE.

In fairness to Raj, I'm pretty sure he means "it sucks that Dream is such a loving mess."

Then he would be saying "It sucks to see the Velveteen Dream on television."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I mean, if you're not a terminally online wrestling fan you might have missed on the story that Dream is a pedo in which case his career flaming out for no apparent reason would be quite sad