Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Okay yeah we're watching The Great Rupert again. Get ready, my little buckaroos of the night!!!

Sig by Heather Papps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye

I'm meat on the hoof

BoldFrankensteinMir

Wednesday at midnight GMT! Super special Christmas movie night, tell your friends!

Pigsfeet on Rye

I'm meat on the hoof

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Wednesday at midnight GMT! Super special Christmas movie night, tell your friends!

What's playing, or is it a secret?

Escape From Noise

Secret Santa's secret film

Pigsfeet on Rye

I'm meat on the hoof
The Secret BYOBman's Other Ball

BoldFrankensteinMir

The Great Rupert. Plus some other surprises, yes.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Let's make it official-like:

Tonight! At midnight GMT (that's 4 pacific 7 eastern!), join us in http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies for another holiday movie-night special!

We're watching The Great Rupert from 1950:

Plus other surprises and goodies. Cartoons start twenty before the show! Happy holidays friends!

Sig by Heather Papps

Manifisto

hope I can make it tonight, I'm with family and they always start dinner right at 7 so maybe I won't be able to, but I'll be there in spirit!

ty nesamdoom!

Heather Papps

hello friend

extremely excited to catch the beginning of rupert. last time i came in at the last moments of his audition dance

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Prof. Crocodile

big Rupert fan right here. wish he had more films in his repertoire, but like James dean his filmography is destined to have great quality with a tragically limited quantity.

BoldFrankensteinMir

He does have his own IMDB page.

Sig by Heather Papps

Goons Are Gifts

Quite sure I'll be able to make it tonight! I mean that liks 2am I think but I'm sure I can make it through, say, half of movie night this time

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

hope I can make it tonight, I'm with family and they always start dinner right at 7 so maybe I won't be able to, but I'll be there in spirit!

we all know movie night supersedes family obligations :colbert:

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

we all know movie night supersedes family obligations :colbert:

well byob is family so now I'm all confused :ohdear:

nice winter snail sig!!

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

well byob is family so now I'm all confused :ohdear:

nice winter snail sig!!

ty, i made it for nut but he didn't use it so i figured it shouldn't go to waste

and ty again for the fall sig, it's too good to retire this winter

edit: btw that's nude snail spawn second from the left

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

edit: btw that's nude snail spawn second from the left

outstanding

BoldFrankensteinMir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVPROHRGlAc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvkJjNCwHEo

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 24, 2020

Sig by Heather Papps

Pigsfeet on Rye

I'm meat on the hoof
I was surprised, that was a pretty good film. Thanks for screening it!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

This is art

biosterous

ooh excellent, i forgot to ask for the link to the first one since i came in late

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Escape From Noise

Sorry I overslept again

Goons Are Gifts

I fell asleep during the film once again, whoopsie

B33rChiller

Dang, sorry I missed it. Got pre-empted by into the spiderverse. the little one wanted to paint and watch spider-man, and I can't argue with that.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
BoldFrankensteinMir

Movie night is taking a short break but will return soon!
Ditto for Xygote for those interested

Sig by Heather Papps

biosterous

have a good break, bfm! you've definitely earned one :3:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Stoner Sloth

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Movie night is taking a short break but will return soon!
Ditto for Xygote for those interested

hope both return soon friend cause they're both great but yeah - what bios said, you definitely have earned and deserve and break!

sending you extra chill and wishing you a good end of hell year/start of a hopefully eventually better one!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Manifisto

yes, the movie nights have been great fun and you've earned a holiday break! thanks for doing it, and happy holidays!

ty nesamdoom!

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
BFM you are the master movie night host. Way better than Sven Ghoulie! And for you to have hosted these movie nights voluntarily for so long is humbling. If you ever need anything, byob is here for you!

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

BoldFrankensteinMir

Wednesday, December 30, at Midnight GMT (That's 4 pacific, 7 eastern US!) Join us for the last BYOB movie night of 2020, at http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies !

Hey friends! It's the last movie night of the year coming up tomorrow, and to finish off an unforgettable year of cinema with y'all, I thought we'd watch something really really good. A silent classic with a special place in my heart, F.W. Murnau's 1924 masterpiece Der Letzte Mann, also known in English as The Last Laugh.

This one is really special. Those of you who watched The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari and Nosferatu and Laurel & Hardy shorts with me earlier this year know I love silent films, and this is one of only a handful of silent dramas that really seriously get to me. You will find endless film nerd gushing about it online, about how it invents all sorts of brilliant new camera movements and devices. How it invents the modern dream sequence, forgoes the traditions of title cards for more modern immersion, how it somehow manages to be both a cinema-verite city-as-character thing AND a surreal katzanjammar closet film with expressionist elements. It has an infamous ending with a hilarious story behind it. It's magical realism at its absolute best and worst and best again.

This movie is in a class of its own on just technical clout alone, but Der Letzte Mann goes that extra mile and is also a really touching story with a lot to say about poverty, getting old, and underemployment and unemployment in a society where your job is your identity. It's shockingly relevant in a lot of ways, and delightfully antiquated in others. I could go on but I won't, I'll just let you all see for yourselves. It's that really rare work of art for all seasons.

I hope you'll join me for one last happy stare at the silver screen this year, friends. Happy holidays to everyone, just a few more days left!

Sig by Heather Papps

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

gently caress yessss let's be film nerds together

BoldFrankensteinMir

This one makes a great double-feature with 2006's The Pursuit of Happiness with Will Smith, but that one is not on Youtube for free unfortunately.

Stories about trying to be a responsible and respectable father while experiencing poverty through no fault of your own.

Sig by Heather Papps

Goons Are Gifts

oh holy poo poo i am so on board with this, that movie is very special I'm so excited already!!!

Goons Are Gifts

i'd say we watch it in german because theres a dick joke but

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Glutes Are Great posted:

i'd say we watch it in german because theres a dick joke but

It's really really good in German!!!!

Goons Are Gifts

der letzte mann is my nickname for my penis btw

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Oh gosh. Oh jeez. GaG I can't believe you've done this.

BoldFrankensteinMir

You know what? Just because it has been such a great year for movie-watchin', tonight I'm gonna start a whole hour early with the cartoons!

Tonight at 11pm GMT (3pm Pacific, 6 Eastern) join me for a full hour of Flip the Frog in http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies before we start the feature!

See the stars before they were stars- Mortimer Rat, proto-Betty-Boop, even Oswald the Lucky Rabbit! I still don't actually understand what frogs have to do with Wednesdays but who cares? A whole hour of Flip the Frog cartoons!!! Wowza!!!!

Sig by Heather Papps

Manifisto

sounds flippin' amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

Cartoons have begun, feature in 1 hour! http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies

Edit- Thanks for joining me tonight friends, and all this year! Let's watch more movies together in 2021, I'm ready if you are!

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Dec 31, 2020

Sig by Heather Papps