Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Ashenai posted:

No, because there's no guaranteed hydro unit (it's the only missing element, other than dendro of course).

edit: I guess that's wrong, Barbara is guaranteed!

There's one with three pillars in Liyue, a hydro slime spawns so you can swirl it at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

kater posted:

Does the game even have water puzzles?

There's a trio of water pillars in Liyue, but there is also a guaranteed way to trigger them nearby without a hydro character.

Also, I hate? Love? Not sure ... How we're going around just unsealing all the evils like the vault that's supposed to keep peace and the tree that should keep slumbering. Speaking of the latter, is that thing's look honkai?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I need help with builds if anyone has a moment. I blew all my rolls on the new banner, and got some stuff, but now I'm stuck on where to use my folks. Here are my characters.

https://m.imgur.com/a/jpsLtqT

I've got Fishcil to c5, and Sucrose to c3, Albedo to c1, Noel to C2, and Amber to C1. Everyone else lacks any constellation buffs.

What kind of team should I be running? I am at adventure level 30, and *just* started leveling in dragonspine.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

"Teyvat has its own 'laws'" is a very threatening loading screen tip.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

theblackw0lf posted:

I just got Keqing. How would you rate her out of the other five stars? (My others are Jean and Childe).
Keqing is on the high end DPS scale in terms of being in discussion as a main carry like Diluc, Klee, Tartaglia sorta, fully built carry Bennett, etc. In general she is probably the carry who scales the fastest but has the lowest ceiling: Early on her high ATK and good multipliers and access to easy great weapons like the Prototype or Black Sword make her insanely powerful and she will seem better than absolutely everyone, but as Diluc/Klee get their Vaporize/Melt teams online and Tartaglia acquires enough Crit stats she will not seem quite as absurd.

However, she has one thing that other mega-carries do not: Versatility. For starters, just by changing up artifacts/teammates and playing her E differently you can build her for Electro conversion melee or pure Physical damage (e.g. use Kaeya/Diona to set up Superconduct); she's better at Electro spam than Razor and pretty reasonably comparable to him at Physical damage (though I think he will easily exceed her with the new claymore unless she has Aquila Favonia, which is a 5 star). However, she can do other stuff: She could fit into a Chongyun Freeze composition and do Cryo with Blizzard Strayer and her Q letting her gear exclusively into Crit DMG, C6 Bennett could turn her into a Pyro carry gimmick, etc. Some of these things are not super well-supported yet but basically any new character that offers infusion elements to teammates is someone to potentially expand Keqing's options.

Added to this, she is very easy to gear. Crit DMG as a secondary stat makes her, like Diluc, a lot more lenient on getting it from artifact substats, and arguably her bonus is better than his because she also has an in-kit way to buff Crit Rate with her A4 and Q combo and Black Sword is complementary to her secondary stat. If you plan to use her in multiple different ways she's harder to gear in that you need more gear, but you can expand on that as you play and it's nice she can use underutilized gear like Thundersoother or Bloodstained Chivalry.

On intangibles, she is shorter than Diluc/Tartaglia, her attack animations are a bit awkward, and to maximize her DPS you need to use Charged Attacks which can make her stamina-hungry, a trait most high-end DPS share except Diluc/Razor (who don't use them) and Ningguang (who gets CAs for free if she plays right). She does pay off those Charged Attacks better than almost every other character when she can spam them though so it's not all bad, against an enemy that cannot move she will get absurd. Also Abyss hasn't been kind to her and the rotation won't make her any better or worse exactly, though note that all the Cryo enemies in the original Abyss floors do sort of advantage Phys Keqing since she can self-proc Superconduct on them.

So is she the best DPS in the game? No, but she might be the most flexible and work with the most teammates (outside of Carry Bennett because Bennett is quite simply busted, and she still has better normal attacks than him). Is she a good DPS to raise if your only other main DPS is Tartaglia? Yeah I'd say probably so. Is she a better Sword user than Jean? Yes on raw attack, no on versatility, but Jean doesn't have the same "I'mma unload now" DPS dump capability that Keqing has. And you could transition Jean into more of a supportive role and use Keqing as your main Sword attacker anyway.

Tae posted:

What does c2 fish want
Fischl should mostly be built as a sub-DPS, similar to Venti: The standard of Crit Hat/Electro Goblet/ATK Sands is fine. While EM helps her reactions, the more constellations and ascensions Fischl has the more raw poo poo she throws out as bonus damage, which can crit but isn't reaction damage. C1 also lets her be an emergency shooter in a pinch (when Oz isn't deployed, C1 will add an extra physical hit to all of Fischl's shots), and can be used as the basis for a Physical Carry Fischl build which I don't recommend but if any bow character can be a physical fighter, it's C1 Fischl.

As far as artifacts, 2pc Thundering Fury and 2pc Gladiator is probably fine. There are other options and 4pc Thundering Fury is maybe possible but it's dodgy whether she triggers reactions or not.

No Wave posted:

There is a single hydro totem I'm aware of in the game. It's underwater and unmarked.
There is a three Hydro totem puzzle in a random mostly-landlocked place in Liyue. I have no idea either.

There are also Hydro totems in Tartaglia's story dungeon, but that makes sense since they force him on you as a Guest if you don't already have him.

EDIT: Also, people noted that characters Vision icons on their character screens now match their region. Not only does the Traveler have a unique icon, Tartaglia's icon is also different from everyone else's and is presumably the design for Snezhnayan Visions.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 24, 2020

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
So I just got Mona with all my ascension wishes, how do I build her? I usually use genshin.gg for build advice, but there's a lot of conflicting builds around for her and now there's the new water artifacts as well. If anyone has some advice, I'd really appreciate it.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I need help with builds if anyone has a moment. I blew all my rolls on the new banner, and got some stuff, but now I'm stuck on where to use my folks. Here are my characters.

https://m.imgur.com/a/jpsLtqT

I've got Fishcil to c5, and Sucrose to c3, Albedo to c1, Noel to C2, and Amber to C1. Everyone else lacks any constellation buffs.

What kind of team should I be running? I am at adventure level 30, and *just* started leveling in dragonspine.

drat, this is some nice potential here! Just a lot of options. Who have you been using as your main DPS? This is a good time to figure out what characters you like playing. For main DPS the standard picks from what you have are: Xiangling, Chongyun, Razor, and Bennett. That being said I think it's important you use who you find fun, because min-maxing might smooth content out a bit, but things are mostly doable with most chars.You have constellations in 3 great support chars, Fischl, Sucrose, and Albedo, but you probably only want two at a time in any party if you feel like you need healing. Jean and Bennett are both great picks for healing.

Here is what I do, which I think can be illustrative:

Each party is a main DPS with three support DPS/Utility chars, usually one being a healer. At least one of the support DPS procs useful reactions with the main DPS. For example, Chongyun and Xingqiu for frozen hellscape comp, or Klee and Xingqiu for vaporize comp, or Xiangling and Fischl for overload comp. Other support can give elemental resonance bonus with someone else and help charge ults. Healer heals and such. Jean and Bennett both have big upsides.

Klee is my main DPS and her rotating cast of supports are Fischl, Sucrose, Xingqiu (if you have sacrificial sword then this guy is maybe my favourite support dps in game, charge his ult and go to town, damage mitigation and a bit of healing on his E, wooo Xingqiu), and Zhongli (in your team he's basically analogous to Albedo). Jean is usually in the healer slot.

Overworld is always Jean + Sucrose + Tall char + main DPS. Jean is tall enough to be adequate if you don't have someone taller you might use. 2x wind increases movement speed by 10% and decreases stamina use by 15%, on the overworld this is just a huge QoL thing. Just my opinion of course. When I am not using this I feel like I am crawling, but really this is most useful for doing artifact runs, exploring, and mining/farming. The two chars that aren't wind usually rotate a bit to deal with any shields I might want to deal with.

Domains and Abyss are very situational of course, so as long as you have elemental coverage to deal with any shields you might need to then you're good. My second, main DPS is Chongyun, which works great because anything fire that Klee can't deal with, Chongyun can. Having a physical main DPS makes that moot, though.

Ultimately I think you should build who you think is fun, unless you think Amber is fun as a main DPS. I wish I had invested in Ningguang back when I at AR30 because I thought she seemed fun and now it's just such an investment to get her up that I prioritize other things. Geo MC plus Albedo might be fun, Noelle plus Albedo could be fun. Dragonspine craves fire, and Xiangling is a great support DPS as well. The world is your oyster.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Tsyni posted:

drat, this is some nice potential here! Just a lot of options. Who have you been using as your main DPS? This is a good time to figure out what characters you like playing. For main DPS the standard picks from what you have are: Xiangling, Chongyun, Razor, and Bennett. That being said I think it's important you use who you find fun, because min-maxing might smooth content out a bit, but things are mostly doable with most chars.You have constellations in 3 great support chars, Fischl, Sucrose, and Albedo, but you probably only want two at a time in any party if you feel like you need healing. Jean and Bennett are both great picks for healing.

Here is what I do, which I think can be illustrative:

Each party is a main DPS with three support DPS/Utility chars, usually one being a healer. At least one of the support DPS procs useful reactions with the main DPS. For example, Chongyun and Xingqiu for frozen hellscape comp, or Klee and Xingqiu for vaporize comp, or Xiangling and Fischl for overload comp. Other support can give elemental resonance bonus with someone else and help charge ults. Healer heals and such. Jean and Bennett both have big upsides.

Klee is my main DPS and her rotating cast of supports are Fischl, Sucrose, Xingqiu (if you have sacrificial sword then this guy is maybe my favourite support dps in game, charge his ult and go to town, damage mitigation and a bit of healing on his E, wooo Xingqiu), and Zhongli (in your team he's basically analogous to Albedo). Jean is usually in the healer slot.

Overworld is always Jean + Sucrose + Tall char + main DPS. Jean is tall enough to be adequate if you don't have someone taller you might use. 2x wind increases movement speed by 10% and decreases stamina use by 15%, on the overworld this is just a huge QoL thing. Just my opinion of course. When I am not using this I feel like I am crawling, but really this is most useful for doing artifact runs, exploring, and mining/farming. The two chars that aren't wind usually rotate a bit to deal with any shields I might want to deal with.

Domains and Abyss are very situational of course, so as long as you have elemental coverage to deal with any shields you might need to then you're good. My second, main DPS is Chongyun, which works great because anything fire that Klee can't deal with, Chongyun can. Having a physical main DPS makes that moot, though.

Ultimately I think you should build who you think is fun, unless you think Amber is fun as a main DPS. I wish I had invested in Ningguang back when I at AR30 because I thought she seemed fun and now it's just such an investment to get her up that I prioritize other things. Geo MC plus Albedo might be fun, Noelle plus Albedo could be fun. Dragonspine craves fire, and Xiangling is a great support DPS as well. The world is your oyster.

I'd also like to add on that Fischl can easily go main DPS as well if she wants to, especially if you have a bow like Rust. Machine-gunning left click is pretty good DPS, and if you manage to snag C6 on her then she chucks out thunderbolts all day too.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Great feedback thanks!

I’ve been running mainly Jean as main dps, with Xin, Chen and fish as helpers. I usually start by using the water swing, freezing them, then using oz from fish. I then swap to Jean to swirl everything

So Chen is best out of that for main carry? Ok cool.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Great feedback thanks!

I’ve been running mainly Jean as main dps, with Xin, Chen and fish as helpers. I usually start by using the water swing, freezing them, then using oz from fish. I then swap to Jean to swirl everything

So Chen is best out of that for main carry? Ok cool.

It's honestly kind of situational. Xiangling with Crescent Pike is considered a pretty great carry. I personally like having a main DPS with a claymore or ability to break geo shields/ore etc, but this is just my preference. Chongyun was never really considered a top tier carry at the start, but I used him from the beginning and another poster here has posted some amazing clips of how good he can be. I would say a water char is necessary for him to really shine.

Ibblebibble posted:

I'd also like to add on that Fischl can easily go main DPS as well if she wants to, especially if you have a bow like Rust. Machine-gunning left click is pretty good DPS, and if you manage to snag C6 on her then she chucks out thunderbolts all day too.

Yeah, I was thinking this too. There are really a lot of options, but yeah. If you like bows and have C6 she's fantastic. Even without C6, but it obviously helps.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Offhand, Razor/Kaeya/Diona/Fischl and Bennet/Sucrose/Chongus/Xiangling. Swap Diona out of the first team for Jean and Fischl for whatever to make shields doable. Sucrose and XL are subbable in team 2.

You've got so many good characters that your limiter is going to be abyss floor bullshit and not gacha pulls.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I don't know what I did exactly but I now have 2 Rime-worn Crystals instead of i don't know 62.

Flaming June
Oct 21, 2004

kater posted:

I don't know what I did exactly but I now have 2 Rime-worn Crystals instead of i don't know 62.

When you claim rewards that use them for the Event they get removed from your inventory. Once you claim the last one (120 on hand) they are completely removed. They apparently only serve as a counter to claim the rewards and that's it.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Nakar posted:

Added to this, she is very easy to gear. Crit DMG as a secondary stat makes her, like Diluc, a lot more lenient on getting it from artifact substats, and arguably her bonus is better than his because she also has an in-kit way to buff Crit Rate with her A4 and Q combo and Black Sword is complementary to her secondary stat. If you plan to use her in multiple different ways she's harder to gear in that you need more gear, but you can expand on that as you play and it's nice she can use underutilized gear like Thundersoother or Bloodstained Chivalry.

Sadly, and the reason why CN players rate her lowly, electro reactions cannot crit like melt and vaporize. Of course, she can be built physical but that does less damage than elemental in the late game as well.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

PBnJamo posted:

So I just got Mona with all my ascension wishes, how do I build her? I usually use genshin.gg for build advice, but there's a lot of conflicting builds around for her and now there's the new water artifacts as well. If anyone has some advice, I'd really appreciate it.

Same actually. Will be awhile before I get around to her probably but it'd be nice to have an idea of what to go for with her already in mind.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yo C6 fish is legit.

Absolutely worth it.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I'm trying to decide if I should finish getting all the resources I need to bring Razor online as my secondary point, or if I should switch over to Keqing. Razor is floating at level 70 with a good set of gladiator artifacts and a phys damage goblet, and what he mostly needs is a few drops from the electro boss, some talent books, and some more levels on his Rainmaker.

Keqing does look like a lot of fun, but she's sitting at level 20 due to recent acquisition.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Nakar posted:

EDIT: Also, people noted that characters Vision icons on their character screens now match their region. Not only does the Traveler have a unique icon, Tartaglia's icon is also different from everyone else's and is presumably the design for Snezhnayan Visions.

I'm mildly annoyed that Mona doesn't get a different one, too. She's not a Mondstadt native, dammit!

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 24, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

inthesto posted:

I'm trying to decide if I should finish getting all the resources I need to bring Razor online as my secondary point, or if I should switch over to Keqing. Razor is floating at level 70 with a good set of gladiator artifacts and a phys damage goblet, and what he mostly needs is a few drops from the electro boss, some talent books, and some more levels on his Rainmaker.

Keqing does look like a lot of fun, but she's sitting at level 20 due to recent acquisition.
I would say yes unless you plan on building her physical in which case there's no real point.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mailer posted:

Guys getting dunked off cliffs to respawn at full health then immediately back towards the cliff again, backing up against cliffs so they're unreachable,

This has always been a pain; I'm lucky that I have Jean who can help with this, but it's still a pain in the rear end having to prevent enemies from falling off cliffs

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Flair posted:

Dang I got "like" a C8 Fischl trying to get a Bennett

F2P curse: I got another Fischl. Still no Bennett.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
How am I supposed to get to the top of the mountain and tag that last teleport point next to the domain?

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

PBnJamo posted:

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Same actually. Will be awhile before I get around to her probably but it'd be nice to have an idea of what to go for with her already in mind.

Mona's the burstiest of all burst supports but doesn't really do anything else all that well. She's mostly a one trick pony, although the trick really is quite good. The taunt on her E is sorta useful but the damage on it is quite bad for how long the cooldown is, plus it's a static turret so quite often enemies just don't stick around to get hit by it for one reason or another. Her normal attacks are garbage but the charged attack is sort of okay if you can vaporize it, although it's expensive as hell in terms of stamina. The burst is the reason for bringing Mona. Her basic gimmick is to set up a fat vaporize combo on it, which is a bit finicky but easiest done with Bennett. Pop Bennett burst, immediately swap to Mona and use her burst, then wait for 2-3 seconds while remaining on Mona*, then finally switch back to Bennett and use his skill. With a decently built Mona this will easily crit for over 100k damage. The ult also leaves behind a ~50% damage buff (stacks additively with elemental/physical damage bonuses) for 4 seconds after the damage hits so follow up with more bursts if you have them (and if the target is still alive).

If you have Widsith that's basically the optimal catalyst for her, if not just get one with an ATK or crit substat (or one of the 5* ones). If you don't have that either Mappa Mare will do. Artifacts should be 2 Noblesse/2 Wanderers, or 2 Noblesse/2 Glad. 2 Noblesse/2 Hydro works too but it's not really any better; she gets a bunch of free hydro DMG% from her ascension perk so she's better off with EM or ATK% once she's built up, and especially so if you have crit on both your weapon and your helmet (as you should). Substats should be as much crit and energy recharge as you can get, to enable that big burst, or EM/ATK if you can't get those. If you're not vaporizing her burst you might as well not bother bringing her at all; she's rather underwhelming without the vaporize. She's also rather underwhelming without a lot of investment; she barely has more utility than Amber without a ton of offensive stats.

Her sprint is very handy for exploration and it's the fastest run in the game AFAIK, but it's a nuisance and a liability in combat. It's not buffed by things that buff regular sprints either (e.g. stamina reductions and abyss buffs). Also note that vaporizing her ult just doesn't work reliably in many situations with environmental element auras or against enemies permanently imbued with elements.

* the reason you have to do the weird song-and-dance number to vaporize her ult is that when you use it, it applies hydro but does no damage. The damage only hits once the enemy takes damage from some other source. So in order to vaporize you have to first apply pyro, then hit her ult (which does a zero damage vaporize proc), then wait for the internal reaction cooldown on her ult, and then apply pyro again to get a hydro-on-pyro vaporize once the ult follows the damage from the pyro hit. The reason you stay on Mona while waiting is that the buff from Bennett's ult only lasts for a second or so after swapping a character out.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jan 7, 2021

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Oh my god I was trying to figure out how to get to a quest area for so long because it was blocked by a magic wall on one side and had what seemed to be an impassable crevice from the other and it turned out all I had to do was switch to a shorter character :negative:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Pro tip: once you've unlocked access to the absolute highest point of the mountain, drop a portable waypoint.
From there you can jump off and glide to any other location on dragonspine easy-peasy.
It's also a great way to search for agates or time trials from a bird's eye.

inthesto posted:

How am I supposed to get to the top of the mountain and tag that last teleport point next to the domain?

Well there's a pathway right up to it from next to the statue of the seven, but it has a wall of wind blocking it.
Running into the wall should pop up a quest, and beating the quest will unlock the area properly.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 24, 2020

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

TheFluff posted:

Mona's the burstiest of all burst supports but doesn't really do anything else all that well. She's mostly a one trick pony, although the trick really is quite good. The taunt on her E is sorta useful but the damage on it is rather eh. Her normal attacks are garbage but the charged attack is sort of okay if you can vaporize it, although it's expensive as hell in terms of stamina. The burst is the reason for bringing Mona. Her basic gimmick is to set up a fat vaporize combo on it, which is a bit finicky but easiest done with Bennett. Pop Bennett burst, immediately swap to Mona and use her burst, then wait for 2-3 seconds while remaining on Mona*, then finally switch back to Bennett and use his skill. With a decently built Mona this will easily crit for over 100k damage. The ult also leaves behind a ~50% damage buff (stacks additively with elemental/physical damage bonuses) for 4 seconds after the damage hits so follow up with more bursts if you have them (and if the target is still alive).

If you have Widsith that's basically the optimal catalyst for her, if not just get one with an ATK or crit substat (or one of the 5* ones). If you don't have that either Mappa Mare will do. Artifacts should be 2 Noblesse/2 Wanderers, or 2 Noblesse/2 Glad. 2 Noblesse/2 Hydro works too but it's not really any better; she gets a bunch of free hydro DMG% from her ascension perk so she's better off with EM or ATK% once she's built up, and especially so if you have crit on both your weapon and your helmet (as you should). Substats should be as much crit and energy recharge as you can get, to enable that big burst, or EM/ATK if you can't get those. If you're not vaporizing her burst you might as well not bother bringing her at all; she's rather underwhelming without the vaporize. She's also rather underwhelming without a lot of investment; she barely has more utility than Amber without a ton of offensive stats.

Her sprint is very handy for exploration and it's the fastest run in the game AFAIK, but it's a nuisance and a liability in combat. It's not buffed by things that buff regular sprints either (e.g. stamina reductions and abyss buffs). Also note that vaporizing her ult just doesn't work reliably in many situations with environmental element auras or against enemies permanently imbued with elements.

* the reason you have to do the weird song-and-dance number to vaporize her ult is that when you use it, it applies hydro but does no damage. The damage only hits once the enemy takes damage from some other source. So in order to vaporize you have to first apply pyro, then hit her ult (which does a zero damage vaporize proc), then wait for the internal reaction cooldown on her ult, and then apply pyro again to get a hydro-on-pyro vaporize once the ult follows the damage from the pyro hit. The reason you stay on Mona while waiting is that the buff from Bennett's ult only lasts for a second or so after swapping a character out.

Cool thanks, I was thinking 2-Piece Noblesse was gonna be the big thing to aim for. Dunno if I'll get her up to speed anytime soon but it's cool to have her regardless.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Now that I have Albedo I've finally had a reason to do the Geo Hypostasis.

gently caress the Geo Hypostasis and it's annoying tedious bullshit. Worst boss, and that includes the Oceanid.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I found Geo Cube to be a gigantic rear end in a top hat at first but now I've got its moves down I find it a lot easier than Oceanid

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Nah it's way better than oceanid. Definitely more tedious though, yeah. The pillars need to take more damage, it's hard to tell at first whether you're doing them "right" or not.

Zhongli's hold skill obliterates the pillars and trivializes it a bit, but that requires having him handy. Otherwise just bring a claymore user and whack away I guess.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

inthesto posted:

Oh my god I was trying to figure out how to get to a quest area for so long because it was blocked by a magic wall on one side and had what seemed to be an impassable crevice from the other and it turned out all I had to do was switch to a shorter character :negative:

Finally, Klee wins one vs the talls.

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente

Framboise posted:

Now that I have Albedo I've finally had a reason to do the Geo Hypostasis.

gently caress the Geo Hypostasis and it's annoying tedious bullshit. Worst boss, and that includes the Oceanid.

Let me tell you about having Zhongli!

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I'm working on an all Geo meme dream team and I'm not looking forward to all the hypostasis runs, even with Zhongli to help burst pillars.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
The sense of dread that Archonex' honkai posts combined with the meteor event and Dragonspine quests instill in me is unpleasant. I kind of hope they tone it down a notch, I like these people and want only good things to happen to them please :smith:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Geo Cube mini-guide effortpost:

Bring a claymore user, level/weapon is completely irrelevant but if their HP is super low give them a good flower so they don't get one-shot if you make a mistake. Also bring some DPS people.

It'll start off by summoning pillars, then chill on top of those pillars while it attacks you. You can get a small amount of DPS in before it does the summon if you're quick.

What you want to do is get your claymore user to kill the pillar the cube is on. If you do this the cube will fall to the floor and be stunned for a bit. Take the opportunity to wail on it. Never kill a pillar if the cube isn't floating on top of it - if the cube moves, follow it.

When it's down to low HP it'll summon three pillars that you have to kill quickly. They're only vulnerable to claymores/(geo?)/(ults?) and it's based on hit count or something rather than actual damage. Noelle ult can kill them all in time even if she's low level.

Cube attacks:
* Starts pouring sand over the pillar. It'll shortly send out a big AoE. Run away then come back when it's done.
* Shoots a bunch of projectiles at you. Walk round in circles to avoid them, or stand as close the pillar as you can and the projectiles will hit the pillar instead of you
* Puts a circle around you that follows you as you move. It'll soon do a big attack on you, dash just before it lands to avoid it. If you're not comfortable with the timing switch to your least important character.
* Draws a lot of small circles on the ground, soon starts pounding them. Don't stand in them.
* The big nasty one. Summons a little crystal near its pillar, then shortly afterwards starts filling the screen with gigantic hugely damaging AoEs. If you kill the little crystal (takes 2-3 claymore hits) it'll make a shield you can stand under. The targetting can be a bit wonky because autotarget loves to hit the pillar instead, so it's easiest if you're out of range of the pillar while you kill the crystal. If you fail to kill the crystal in time then running to the edge of the arena might work and might make the cube de-aggro and start the fight again. I strongly recommend killing the crystal.

Qwertycoatl fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 24, 2020

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I got a Mona from the pity and I got Diluc a week ago from normal banner so I guess it's time to put together the Diluc/Mona/Bennett/Sucrose team?

Also got a Ningguang as the first Geo I want to use, and I'd love to roll for Albedo but I also haven't spent any money on this game besides the monthly pass and battle pass so I'd feel weird about actually doing it at this point. I think the community really underrates Albedo right now fwiw, especially with the upcoming Geo resonance buffs, and Ningguang with Albedo support will be extremely strong.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
Welp, my game's borked. The GPU has always had problems rendering some of the shading in trees for whatever reason, but that seemed to have been fixed for the most part. Anyways, I climbed the giant tree in Mondstadt while just loving around for a few mins and now the game crashes to desktop anytime I try to start it (it loads fine, but then crashes almost immediately after the game starts). Is there any way to get your character to start at a different waypoint or something, or am I just forever stuck in this drat tree?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

MajorBonnet posted:

I'm working on an all Geo meme dream team and I'm not looking forward to all the hypostasis runs, even with Zhongli to help burst pillars.

I dunno about all-geo teams but with Zhongli + a claymore user the geocube is super easy for me.
You can break the pillars super fast, to the point where you only have to dodge 1 or 2 attacks between each pillar break, and with Diluc my DPS is high enough to get the kill in only 2 pillar-break cycles. Then Zhongli instantly blows up the final break-3-pillars-to-stop-it-resurrecting phase.

You should be able to do it with whatever leveled DPS you want plus a level one Zhongl and level one Noelle.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I dunno about all-geo teams but with Zhongli + a claymore user the geocube is super easy for me.
You can break the pillars super fast, to the point where you only have to dodge 1 or 2 attacks between each pillar break, and with Diluc my DPS is high enough to get the kill in only 2 pillar-break cycles. Then Zhongli instantly blows up the final break-3-pillars-to-stop-it-resurrecting phase.

You should be able to do it with whatever leveled DPS you want plus a level one Zhongl and level one Noelle.

While, yes, defeating the geo hypostasis isn't nearly as painful as battling Oceanid, it is a much more annoying boss to actually walk to compared to all the other ones. Sure, you could use a portable waypoint but it seems like a waste when you could just have it be easier to get to in the first place.

I don't know why people hate it so much. Sure, you have to beat on those pillars a lot before they break but the attacks are all trivially easy to avoid compared to the enormous AOE effects of Oceanid.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Zhongli's charge skill will instakill the three pillars at low HP. In theory anyway, I'm pretty sure he can hit three but I usually only manage to explode teo. Finishing the last off is easy enough though since they're less durable than the pillars it hides on.

Edit: also I still have no idea how the gently caress to avoid the oceanid frog explosions besides hoping they only show up early on when there's still room to outrange it. Or how to avoid the loving crab AOE spit stuff besides slapping them in the face with cryo. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Oceanid punishes you for having the wrong team and also hits hard. Pillar is like one of those things, and unlike Oceanid you aren't punished for not leveling your specific bow when you roll Birds.