Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Midjack posted:

Current event: Lil Jon put out a video with the Kool-Aid Man.

https://youtu.be/L0r6ocwGnMg

2 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

I don't know where this person is getting "8 months". The profile says she was in for 14 years and deployed to Iraq.

It's from DoD personnel records she screenshots. The implication here is that the TWS information is full of poo poo and after reading that whole thread and looking at the TWS profile I agree.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
The way they keep saying "female" like a pejorative is really throwing me off.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I can't help but hear the Ferengi from DS9 whenever someone goes out of their way to use it nowadays.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

ManMythLegend posted:

It's from DoD personnel records she screenshots. The implication here is that the TWS information is full of poo poo and after reading that whole thread and looking at the TWS profile I agree.

Somehow I didn't see that. Now it all makes sense. Thanks!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Carteret posted:

2 years ago

poo poo. Sorry.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Scrolling through her feed it seems like she’s a chud. Doesn’t make her wrong about the stolen valor, but she’s proclaiming more than a few conservative talking points.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Scrolling through her feed it seems like she’s a chud. Doesn’t make her wrong about the stolen valor, but she’s proclaiming more than a few conservative talking points.

The people who track stolen valor tend to be chuds.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

She's a chud probably but yeah that TWS profile is fake as hell

Nobody has this kind of meteoric rise in their service history, especially that early. I doubt the recruiting pipeline has changed in a way that allows you to go "whoops I enlisted" and go to OCS very early within your first 4 years. I don't know of too many O3s with a DSM either since it seems to be restricted to senior enlisted or senior officers in command at sea. A CAR? I'd like to see the actual award paperwork for that, it should be something that should be findable in the archives. CARs are specifically mentioned in the Stolen Valor Act, as an award that is protected under that act.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 25, 2020

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

orange juche posted:

Nobody has this kind of meteoric rise in their service history, especially that early. I doubt the recruiting pipeline has changed in a way that allows you to go "whoops I enlisted" and go to OCS very early within your first 4 years. I don't know of too many O3s with a DSM either. A CAR? Depending on the unit they were given out for some eeeehhhh weird/borderline poo poo to pogs so they could say they had them, like "someone shelled the green zone so I got a CAR".

There are no O-3s getting a DSM in the Navy. It's specifically a meritorious service award for senior officers in joint positions.

Honestly though, the most telling slip up is when she refers to herself as an "O-4 Naval Officer" in her fake Harvard bio.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ManMythLegend posted:

There are no O-3s getting a DSM in the Navy. It's specifically a meritorious service award for senior officers in joint positions.

Honestly though, the most telling slip up is when she refers to herself as an "O-4 Naval Officer" in her fake Harvard bio.

Yeah thats what I was thinking with the DSM, I never saw one in the wild since I didn't make a habit of knowing what medals my CO had, but I never saw one. It doesn't really matter because honestly, it's fraudsters all the way down.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

orange juche posted:

Yeah thats what I was thinking with the DSM, I never saw one in the wild since I didn't make a habit of knowing what medals my CO had, but I never saw one. It doesn't really matter because honestly, it's fraudsters all the way down.

I hadn't seen one awarded until last year when it was the standard end of tour for J codes at a two star command. It definitely does not go to O4s.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

orange juche posted:

Nobody has this kind of meteoric rise in their service history, especially that early. I doubt the recruiting pipeline has changed in a way that allows you to go "whoops I enlisted" and go to OCS very early within your first 4 years. I don't know of too many O3s with a DSM either since it seems to be restricted to senior enlisted or senior officers in command at sea. A CAR? I'd like to see the actual award paperwork for that, it should be something that should be findable in the archives. CARs are specifically mentioned in the Stolen Valor Act, as an award that is protected under that act.

It also says that her billet code from 1998 to 2002 was 119X, which is the code for "Unrestricted Line Officer who is in training for Explosive Ordnance Disposal qualification".

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Time Crisis Actor posted:

It also says that her billet code from 1998 to 2002 was 119X, which is the code for "Unrestricted Line Officer who is in training for Explosive Ordnance Disposal qualification".

Do billet codes change? I know MI changed their MOS series number in the Army. A few other MOS have over time as well in reorgs. Not saying she isn’t faking it, she absolutely is, but it might have been a different code previously.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Gonna claim the pistol and rifle ribbon but not a GC or NAM? Huh

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Pretty sure service in Gitmo also rates a Gwot-X ribbon

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Picture of below:

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 25, 2020

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1342481296153575425

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

The War on Christmas is heating up.

Hope no one was injured

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Since it was an RV, that actually makes it just as likely a gas leak inside or something versus a malicious bomb.

e: this has to be an accident. If someone had loaded an RV up with explosives, there would be OKC level damage. This was a big fireball that left a roasted RV shell behind. Someone had a gas leak.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Dec 25, 2020

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/stever1552/status/1342484031284264960

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Since it was an RV, that actually makes it just as likely a gas leak inside or something versus a malicious bomb.

e: this has to be an accident. If someone had loaded an RV up with explosives, there would be OKC level damage. This was a big fireball that left a roasted RV shell behind. Someone had a gas leak.

Yeah, cousin Eddie didn't close the propane valve. Some glaziers in Nashville are about to have a merry double rate Christmas.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The police have suggested it was intentional, but this still seems more like insurance fraud intentional than domestic terror intentional. If this was someone trying to do damage, well, they got things sooty and burned some trees.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Shitter's full!

c'mon, you know you were thinking it too.

edit: also if you were intentionally going to cause an explosion with the (presumed) goal of civilian casualties, early on Christmas morning in a downtown office area seems like a particularly poor place/time to pick.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Whether or not the explosion was intentional, I would hate to be living in an RV right now.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Platystemon posted:

Whether or not the explosion was intentional, I would hate to be living in an RV right now.

well they don't anymore

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/MNPDNashville/status/1342485415723491329?s=19

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Merry Christmas, friends 🥰

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

oh hey we got our twitter star of the day already

https://mobile.twitter.com/Louchristian21/status/1342486738866987008

E: Video from scene trickling in

https://twitter.com/RyanEGraney/sta...ingawful.com%2F

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 25, 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The homeless, well known for having homes

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fallom posted:

The homeless, well known for having homes

No no no.

The homeless mare.

drat horses! Eating all our grass!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My wife’s joking theory was meth lab. I know exceptions exist but generally you don’t have your mobile meth lab in the town center.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

MazelTovCocktail posted:

My wife’s joking theory was meth lab. I know exceptions exist but generally you don’t have your mobile meth lab in the town center.

Yeah, but Tennessee...

(This is my theory too.)

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

MazelTovCocktail posted:

No one will ever suspect the random van parked in from of city hall!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/status/1342500922052673542

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Decimated? Well at least 90% of the staff survived.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ok I just need to get through 6 more hours without my relatives hearing about this....

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Already gone, what was it?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

That Works posted:

Already gone, what was it?

Footage of someone's business on the road where the explosion happened. People screaming/crying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

They called in the bomb threat and it was a real bomb? Does anyone other than the 80s IRA do that?