Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Rageaholic posted:

How do I gift toys to villagers? I'm dressed as Santa and they just comment on my look. There's no option to give them something. I've been buying toys all month for this! :negative:

e: Oh, do I need the wrapping paper first?

You gotta do all the Jingle stuff, then yeah it needs wrapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I wish Jingle let you keep the bag. I kind of regret giving it back to him.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Oh god was I supposed to give them all toys? I had a few but some of them just got gifts I was going to give them anyway

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

track day bro! posted:

Oh god was I supposed to give them all toys? I had a few but some of them just got gifts I was going to give them anyway

Nah, if you give them a toy they comment on it and give you a toy. Once you've done Jingles handout you've "completed" the holiday.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Some Goon posted:

You gotta do all the Jingle stuff, then yeah it needs wrapped.
I did the whole Jingle thing and now I'm giving them my own presents. This Toy Day has been nice once I figured it out! :)

pech
Jul 19, 2004

Hi!! My island is open to everyone at the moment. I have like 50 DIY cards at the island entrance and you’re welcome to take any fruit or pick any flowers you want. My island is also Southern Hemisphere so it’s currently summer and you can catch all those critters :) I’ll post the code in PGS

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Open for Toy Day/winter item cataloging and whatnot. Still some seasonal recipe items in front of Nooks for the taking. There are also lots of wrapped presents for visitors over by Renee's house. Help yourself to a few. (Mostly Toy Day items.) I put out what red wrapping paper I have left in front of Nooks, too.

Dodo Code: CLOSED

I'll be around for awhile.

Buy what you want at Nooks and Ables.

Thanks for visiting and Happy Toy Day!

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Dec 25, 2020

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

It's Christmas Eve! I'm your gracious host Stonks-a-Claus and we'd love to have you for the holidays.

The famous Sand Souci Haunted house hasn't changed much, but we've upgraded the island for the holidays, so come check out all our winter decorations!

At the front of the island are Wrapped Holiday Presents! Please only take 1 per guest, unless you get the joke prize, then please take another, but help yourself to any and all DIY!

The Ables have full Santa outfits! Speaking of Santa, feel free to come by Santa's Sleigh in front of Nook's Shop for a photo op!

If you had fun, please leave us a Holiday billboard post!

Dodo is : CLOSED

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Dec 25, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Darn it I want the DIY for that Chritsmas Tree :(

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I got the wrapping paper recipe and talked to all my neighbors. What else is there to do for Toy Day?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I got the wrapping paper recipe and talked to all my neighbors. What else is there to do for Toy Day?

Did you make the wrapping paper and talk to Jingle?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Did you make the wrapping paper and talk to Jingle?

God, lol. I’ll come back to it. I can’t do this while doing real Christmas poo poo rn.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Kart Barfunkel posted:

God, lol. I’ll come back to it. I can’t do this while doing real Christmas poo poo rn.

Yeah do that and Jingle gives you a task to complete. Once you do he gives you a couple of unique items

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

effika posted:

The balloon thing is just not producing enough diys, and I've been so incredibly frustrated with the snow boys. I don't have any holiday diy other than the first default ones and I'm kinda giving up. Halloween was my first big season/event and I thought that was how the rest would go- so disappointing to see that was apparently a one-off. If I could spend a few hours each day on this game it might be different, but I am working a ton of overtime and that's just not an option. :sigh: At least the pine trees look pretty this winter!

Sorry for the rant. Carry on!

It's definitely a problem when the holiday DIYs line up with the seasonal DIYs. I went back to work this month so today was the first day I've had any real time to play, but oof that list of DIYs to farm for is daunting.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Nemo2342 posted:

It's definitely a problem when the holiday DIYs line up with the seasonal DIYs. I went back to work this month so today was the first day I've had any real time to play, but oof that list of DIYs to farm for is daunting.

At the very least it seems like any future DLC DIY sets added can/will be through villagers, the store selling them or through anything besides balloons really.

Though any single DIY already assigned as part of a set and then randomly added in an update still seems like it it's balloon-centric, such as the snow-falling wall and festive rug they added in the last patch.

Viewtiful Jew fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 25, 2020

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
The Toy Day stuff was fun! But the real present I got was finally, after all these months, getting the Ironwood Dresser DIY. Still kinda peeved about all the seasonal stuff I am missing out in, but boy is it nice to be able to finally craft that set!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

effika posted:

The Toy Day stuff was fun! But the real present I got was finally, after all these months, getting the Ironwood Dresser DIY. Still kinda peeved about all the seasonal stuff I am missing out in, but boy is it nice to be able to finally craft that set!

I just got the ironwood bed DIY the other day. I didn't even know it existed, tbh.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I just got the ironwood bed DIY the other day. I didn't even know it existed, tbh.

The ironwood what now??? It's fun to still be finding new things.

pech
Jul 19, 2004

I wish I could put wall hangings on simple panels outside.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

No normal villager interactions today, looks like, but everyone has cute dialogue about how much they liked their gifts :3:

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Don’t forget to interact with the stockings Jingle gave. You can get his photo today from them

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I got the ironwood DIY workbench a few days ago and tbh I didn't even know there were workbenches other than the stump and the plain wooden one.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Isabelle said she was up all night waiting for Santa and it made me realize I never spoke to her or Tom yesterday :ohdearsass:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

chmods please posted:

I got the ironwood DIY workbench a few days ago and tbh I didn't even know there were workbenches other than the stump and the plain wooden one.

There are multiple colored Cute Workbenches as well!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Wait until you find out there’s an Ironwood Wall Clock.

I have a bunch of ironwood DIY’s sitting around if anyone needs them, I can make a list later.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Is there any unobtrusive way to stop flowers from spreading?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Some Goon posted:

Honestly the only real way is to either put fencing, holes, or pathways around them. You can make a pattern that looks like 'grass' as a custom design though and put that on the ground surrounding them and it will prevent flowers from growing on that area.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Some Goon posted:

You can make a pattern that is entirely transparent and place it around your flowers. They won't spread onto it, and it won't disrupt your view of the ground. The only cost is that you lose the sounds and animations of walking on natural ground on those tiles. And also that you have to replace them every time you accidentally kick them away.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Don’t forget to interact with the stockings Jingle gave. You can get his photo today from them

You what now?!?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

He gives a hint when you get them from him to check to see if anything shows up in them the day after, so it's not like the game gives you no reason to think to check them, even if it sounds like normal flavor text at first.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Uh Plushie-muffler coat is a new one to me

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I had the tiger jacket in store today :woop: So now I have tiger, hawk and dragon. Are there any more?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Viewtiful Jew posted:

He gives a hint when you get them from him to check to see if anything shows up in them the day after, so it's not like the game gives you no reason to think to check them, even if it sounds like normal flavor text at first.

I was honestly just so psyched to be getting a different coloured set of stockings since I’ve only managed to get the goddamn grey ones that I didn’t register anything he was saying after he gave them to me.

CurvyGoonWife
Jun 12, 2018

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I was honestly just so psyched to be getting a different coloured set of stockings since I’ve only managed to get the goddamn grey ones that I didn’t register anything he was saying after he gave them to me.

I realize it’s now a little late, but I have them all cataloged if you want any other colors!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

eating only apples posted:

I had the tiger jacket in store today :woop: So now I have tiger, hawk and dragon. Are there any more?

No those are the only three. But yeah they are great!

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.

Yeah. Hang them up on a wall yesterday and interact today with them to get the photo.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

This morning Isabelle reminded me to check the stockings, as well.

It’s Jingle’s photo

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

eating only apples posted:

Bulldog.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Merry Xmas everyone.

If any of you, like me, have zero luck with eyeballing snow ball sizes in your attempts to build snowguys, I have an alternative for you that has yet to fail me. Roll the first ball for 17 seconds, then the second ball for 12. (Kicking time doesn't count.) If you go over with one, add a proportional amount of time to the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

yippeekiyaymf posted:

But there's a fireplace with a radio in front of it :saddowns:
(yes, I eventually redecorated to get to it)