Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

also while wikileaks and greenwald have very different approaches to publishing material, greenwald has been one of the loudest and most high profile voices calling attention to the total shitshow miscarriage of an extradition happening to assange in the UK. the ignorance on the precedent being set and just how bad that trial is, is really astounding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

I’ve been a communist for long before Bernie, lmao.

I know your hate is pure and I'm glad to hear it

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if your fear is that the left is powerless or whatever, then you by admission are on the side of Jimmy Dore and his burn it all down strategy of using what power we do have via the progressives in office forcing the people in power on all sides to justify denying people healthcare in the midst of a pandemic by any means necessary and using it as a rallying cry to unite people against the government, whilst exposing the cowards and careerists whose only solution is to roll around in the poo poo and do nothing as the nation races towards violent collapse. make it a massive public spectacle and galvanize support for what you believe in.

throw bombs and run taints, because delegitimizing the current government is a valid action of any leftist which they should have been already doing

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
At this point I want to start a party called the Spoiler Party explicitly to ratfuck Democratic politicians. Unfortunately I don't think such a thing could even make a ripple.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Dmitri-9 posted:

At this point I want to start a party called the Spoiler Party explicitly to ratfuck Democratic politicians. Unfortunately I don't think such a thing could even make a ripple.

that's how the Dems have captured the left, they're the party that ratfucks themselves

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

we have invented the spherical firing squad and can now cancel each other in three dimensions - dnc 2021

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Protagorean posted:

that's how the Dems have captured the left, they're the party that ratfucks themselves

Yeah but it will be less fun for them if they don't have any hope of getting the seat.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

T-man posted:

we have invented the spherical firing squad and can now cancel each other in three dimensions - dnc 2021

an improvement imo as it posits the existence of an imaginary plane

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
you scrubs cancelling people in a 3d sphere as I construct an n-dimensional posting hypercube

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

this is correct. “vote blue no matter who” won big in 2020. third party votes cratered despite record turnout. any possible leverage or representation or demands or anything the left could possibly desire are null and void because they all demonstrated they’d be willing to vote for whoever the democrats put up even if they’re a senile rapist white supremacist

I can’t help but view #forcethevote as a scrambling attempt to try and gain some kind of support back with the people who have at least paid us lip service, and i support it on at least those grounds, but people need to recognize that the squad are more useful as celebrities than elected officials at this point

The whole point of the vote or agitating for it is to that it's not dead now that the White House is Cheeto free. That they're are demands that are greater than get rid of Trump. Thinking they're more useful as celebrities, than the actual elected officials that they are is a loving waste. If all they are are celebrities now than they're loving useless, it's pure lib brain to think celebrities will be useful for gently caress all anything

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pirate Jet posted:

this is correct. “vote blue no matter who” won big in 2020.

It literally did not, the Republicans are on track to be the only major political party in America after 2024, lmao.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

It literally did not, the Republicans are on track to be the only major political party in America after 2024, lmao.

It worked for Biden, and that's it was ever meant to work for and all the Dems really cared about. The White House without any of the demands of actually governing outside of making live worse everyone on earth that isn't rich

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

wasnt jimmy dore a huge tulsi gabbard guy lmao

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Taintrunner posted:

if your fear is that the left is powerless or whatever, then you by admission are on the side of Jimmy Dore and his burn it all down strategy of using what power we do have via the progressives in office forcing the people in power on all sides to justify denying people healthcare in the midst of a pandemic by any means necessary and using it as a rallying cry to unite people against the government, whilst exposing the cowards and careerists whose only solution is to roll around in the poo poo and do nothing as the nation races towards violent collapse. make it a massive public spectacle and galvanize support for what you believe in.

throw bombs and run taints, because delegitimizing the current government is a valid action of any leftist which they should have been already doing

how do you live with being such an adventurist dumbass lmfao

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Taintrunner posted:

within the context of “left to liberals” and the bernie sanders insurgency, we got loving ethered and there’s no getting around that

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Trash Ops posted:

how do you live with being such an adventurist dumbass lmfao

the money probably helps. speaking of which, give me some taintrunner

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i dont fear that the left is powerless. i know it is. nobody would use such mushmouth term like 'the left' otherwise.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

THS posted:

so what. what does that mean. i genuinely don’t understand where this goes or what it implies

it's just a noted disparity that people freaking out about it being said says more than the actual statement itself. yasha's greater point was though that so far most of what bernies campaign/movement has amounted too is a new online media environment and not much else. reflecting on it now that iv had a few hours to digest it Id say i don't actually agree with that greater point as bernies movement definately mainstreamed a lot of stuff that were not mainstream before :shrug: it's just that our left is still very much in it's nascent stage (growing back from total obliteration during the cold war/post cold war consensus) so it doesn't look like much from a 50,000 foot view

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THS posted:

within the context of “left to liberals” and the bernie sanders insurgency, we got loving ethered and there’s no getting around that

we weren't actually fighting the democrats, lol. they rigged two primaries to deny people healthcare and the only response from the public faces of the left was to defend their own careers by rolling over like a dog. it was a concentrated effort to sheepdog working people to support an austerity rapist, and that succeeded, yes, but not in any meaningful way considering the end result is a republican one party state, lmao.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

i say swears online posted:

I agree but hoo boy making hay out of patreon couch change is dumb

Ah, the PredictIt high roller now thinks $35k/month is couch change.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Taintrunner posted:

we weren't actually fighting the democrats, lol. they rigged two primaries to deny people healthcare and the only response from the public faces of the left was to defend their own careers by rolling over like a dog. it was a concentrated effort to sheepdog working people to support an austerity rapist, and that succeeded, yes, but not in any meaningful way considering the end result is a republican one party state, lmao.

it turned into sheepdogging the racist but i think you are wrong that this was the intention to begin with. it’s very crank to believe that not only was the game rigged (true) but that the sanders campaign was throwing it. after super tuesday the logic changed completely, and that’s where sanders made the calculation that he would not harm biden’s campaign

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
taintrunner i will send u pics of my rear end in a top hat if u buy me cyberpunk and/or the wow expansion

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
ill just send u pics of my rear end in a top hat for free but only with ur consent 😇

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i think where i agree with dore is that the left isn’t mean enough and is trying to engage with the democratic party, no one should be trying to “rise through the ranks” or whatever - that’s loving insane, the planet is dying. there is no time

pre-2020, i think it was a strategy worth pursuing. getting behind the bernie sanders campaign was not a mistake. but to not learn from that is incredibly stupid

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Varinn posted:

Yes. He sucks and is bad.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Protagorean posted:

ill just send u pics of my rear end in a top hat for free but only with ur consent 😇

don’t sell yourself short, goon. get those games

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

THS posted:

i think where i agree with dore is that the left isn’t mean enough and is trying to engage with the democratic party, no one should be trying to “rise through the ranks” or whatever - that’s loving insane, the planet is dying. there is no time

pre-2020, i think it was a strategy worth pursuing. getting behind the bernie sanders campaign was not a mistake. but to not learn from that is incredibly stupid

Yeah, I think you need to meet people where they are and "we tried to work within the system and look where that got us" is a decent message to push, especially with how awful Biden has already been without even taking office.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Varinn posted:

we have all been horny from time to time so it's forgivable

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Yossarian-22 posted:

Yeah, she's only ugly on the inside....

Ostiosis
Nov 3, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Yeah, she's only ugly on the inside....

Unlike every other dem

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the idea that AOC is going to get committee assignments and become an elder stateswoman through really doing the hard work of a legislator is so loving funny- the last thing the left needs right now is buying into that Very Serious People bourgeois illusion. this is very clearly a game we do not need to be playing or taking seriously on their (the bourgeoisie) terms. gently caress them. that’s not to say we shouldn’t be serious and merciless on our own terms though. this isn’t about aesthetic, it’s about goals, and ours are diametrically opposed to the democratic party as an institution

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

THS posted:

the idea that AOC is going to get committee assignments and become an elder stateswoman through really doing the hard work of a legislator is so loving funny- the last thing the left needs right now is buying into that Very Serious People bourgeois illusion. this is very clearly a game we do not need to be playing or taking seriously on their (the bourgeoisie) terms. gently caress them. that’s not to say we shouldn’t be serious and merciless on our own terms though. this isn’t about aesthetic, it’s about goals, and ours are diametrically opposed to the democratic party as an institution

i mean the dilemma is that if she did become that person she would probably have to become as cretinous as pelosi in the process

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

THS posted:

It's not just an illusion, it's an illusion that's been deployed about countless past "progressive" legislators who proceeded to spectacular betrayal. Pelosi might have been one of them even.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Yossarian-22 posted:

haha, horny

time to stick this tube of dynamite up my rear end,

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt3G_h749lE

virgil gonna get kicked out of DSA for endorsing Dem Cent

idk if virgil is even in DSA

Good to see Virgil making the same point I've tied to the whole recent situation with AOC and the Speaker vote - that the issue is that AOC and other Congressional progressives aren't actually in an opposition role relative to the Democratic Party.

edit: He's totally wrong about how a parliamentary system would work out in the US, though; Pelosi and most Dems would work with the business conservatives in such a situation (and would easily be able to form a majority with that alliance), not the left.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
it kind of depends. we had an unfortunately short (but still fairly productive) period where labor had to work with the greens before the australian national sport of replacing PMs kicked off.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

The Dalai Lama is a symbol of peace, love, and compassion, and it’s my honor to serve so many of his followers in the Tibetan community as the Representative for New York’s 14th Congressional District.

The Tibetan community is an essential part of our district, whether serving as nurses and frontline workers during this pandemic, or fighting for the rights of the Tibetan people at home. It was my honor to join many of them as a Losar Tibetan New Year celebration last year and I am pleased to work regularly with the Tibetan community on immigration and other issues.

I was also proud to vote in support of the Tibet Policy and Support Act of 2019, which would establish as U.S. policy that the reincarnation of the Dalai Lama is a religious matter that should be decided solely by Tibetan Buddhists; specify that Chinese officials who interfere in the Dalai Lama’s succession process will be subject to Global Magnitsky sanctions; mandate that China cannot establish any new consulates in the U.S. until a U.S. consulate is established in Tibet; and authorize State Department programs for Tibetan cultural and environmental conservation.

I look forward to continuing to work together with the Tibetan community to continue to reshape our future.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
AOC bringing Free Tibet bumper stickers back in 2021 baybee

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Dore stopped mentioning Gabbard and having her on his show after mid-March

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

why does sneaky snake Mike Duncan pronounce "in-oh-vation" the same way Trump does?