Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Dore stopped mentioning Gabbard and having her on his show after mid-March

She didn't just become a piece of poo poo in mid march LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

People are incapable of genuinely changing their outlooks and opinions.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

gradenko_2000 posted:

Dore stopped mentioning Gabbard and having her on his show after mid-March

it's really hard for me to get over dore having been a tulsi guy lmao. i know i'm probably in the wrong here but holy poo poo that's incredibly poor judgement and i just viscerally dislike the guy. he's right about the specific and current AOC debate thing, but i don't trust him. i really think he's a buffoon

i guess it doesn't really matter how i feel about him though. i like glenn greenwald so i should accept that objectively dog brained people can have ok politics

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

Sanders also didn't start being a booster for the establishment in April. What's your point?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

THS posted:

also while wikileaks and greenwald have very different approaches to publishing material, greenwald has been one of the loudest and most high profile voices calling attention to the total shitshow miscarriage of an extradition happening to assange in the UK. the ignorance on the precedent being set and just how bad that trial is, is really astounding

the trueanon episode on assange was really loving good but yeah it's really loving awful. A whole lot of D&D-esque libs are cheering for straight up perpetual torture and indefinite solitary confinement out of some insane wokeness because of some obama/clinton years grudge is just loving gross.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

platzapS posted:

...sneaky snake Mike Duncan...

excellent

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Sanders also didn't start being a booster for the establishment in April. What's your point?

Wanna compare their record's in public life?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

got his rear end

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Algund Eenboom posted:

The Dalai Lama is a symbol of peace, love, and compassion, and it’s my honor to serve so many of his followers in the Tibetan community as the Representative for New York’s 14th Congressional District.

The Tibetan community is an essential part of our district, whether serving as nurses and frontline workers during this pandemic, or fighting for the rights of the Tibetan people at home. It was my honor to join many of them as a Losar Tibetan New Year celebration last year and I am pleased to work regularly with the Tibetan community on immigration and other issues.

I was also proud to vote in support of the Tibet Policy and Support Act of 2019, which would establish as U.S. policy that the reincarnation of the Dalai Lama is a religious matter that should be decided solely by Tibetan Buddhists; specify that Chinese officials who interfere in the Dalai Lama’s succession process will be subject to Global Magnitsky sanctions; mandate that China cannot establish any new consulates in the U.S. until a U.S. consulate is established in Tibet; and authorize State Department programs for Tibetan cultural and environmental conservation.

I look forward to continuing to work together with the Tibetan community to continue to reshape our future.

this seems like AOC working to advance US imperialism, but she's actually bringing back investiture controversies to reach out to the CK3 fan community

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

THS posted:

the idea that AOC is going to get committee assignments and become an elder stateswoman through really doing the hard work of a legislator is so loving funny- the last thing the left needs right now is buying into that Very Serious People bourgeois illusion. this is very clearly a game we do not need to be playing or taking seriously on their (the bourgeoisie) terms. gently caress them. that’s not to say we shouldn’t be serious and merciless on our own terms though. this isn’t about aesthetic, it’s about goals, and ours are diametrically opposed to the democratic party as an institution

if AOC can stay in office for a few more cycles she'll end up outliving all of these old--rear end 'leadership' people in congress, and then she'll become an elder stateswoman by default lol

gerontocracy win

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Finicums Wake posted:

if AOC can stay in office for a few more cycles she'll end up outliving all of these old--rear end 'leadership' people in congress, and then she'll become an elder stateswoman by default lol

gerontocracy win

And then her transformation into Pelosi mk. 2 will be complete.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Prince Myshkin posted:

It's not just an illusion, it's an illusion that's been deployed about countless past "progressive" legislators who proceeded to spectacular betrayal. Pelosi might have been one of them even.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

gradenko_2000 posted:

lol that you don't already have mcmagic on ignore

mcmagic posted:

Confirmed.

https://twitter.com/len0killer/status/1249871366293262337

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol tho

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
that's the one good post ive ever seen mcmagic make, lmao @ the reactions

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

I thought we was McDowell lmao

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

That mcmagic tweet is good but I'm too lazy to edit my ignores.

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
I don't live in the US but I watch Jimmy Dore and to be honest he strikes me as a guy who has his heart in the right place.

The whole thing boils down to: there is an unprecedented pandemic going on and the US has the most broken healthcare system that I know off.

Why wouldn't you try and fix it? On the face it is such a simple argument and is so right for this moment, why would you even need to debate this?

This pisses me off about Christman as well, and I generally like the dude very much, but the whole schtick of it "won't do anything substantial" just pisses me off when someone has a simple goal you can actually realize.
Maybe it'll spark something else, just get it done.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

KomradeX posted:

Thinking they're more useful as celebrities, than the actual elected officials that they are is a loving waste. If all they are are celebrities now than they're loving useless, it's pure lib brain to think celebrities will be useful for gently caress all anything

you seem to be under the impression that I think the squad being more celebrities than elected officials is a good thing! but I do not.

Taintrunner posted:

It literally did not, the Republicans are on track to be the only major political party in America after 2024, lmao.

vbnmw’s goal is to get everyone to vote for the democrat no matter how much they suck, which objectively happened in 2020. it is not to save the democrat party, much less America.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

I don't live in the US but I watch Jimmy Dore and to be honest he strikes me as a guy who has his heart in the right place.

The whole thing boils down to: there is an unprecedented pandemic going on and the US has the most broken healthcare system that I know off.

Why wouldn't you try and fix it? On the face it is such a simple argument and is so right for this moment, why would you even need to debate this?

This pisses me off about Christman as well, and I generally like the dude very much, but the whole schtick of it "won't do anything substantial" just pisses me off when someone has a simple goal you can actually realize.

I mean, considering we just had the largest protest movement in American history and little came of it, I don't think you can blame the guy for being jaded. Doesn't mean it's not something worth trying though

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Lmao at the dalai lama divine succession clause

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Mcmagic gets a libtard pass for that post btw

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

chris hedges has a good bit that's basically a very polite 'gently caress your idle hope'. to horribly summarize, there's a hope that things can be done that won't be costly, and it's a lie. if you believe it overly much, you'll chase illusions instead of going for the miserable slog that's necessary

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

THS posted:

it's really hard for me to get over dore having been a tulsi guy lmao. i know i'm probably in the wrong here but holy poo poo that's incredibly poor judgement and i just viscerally dislike the guy. he's right about the specific and current AOC debate thing, but i don't trust him. i really think he's a buffoon

i guess it doesn't really matter how i feel about him though. i like glenn greenwald so i should accept that objectively dog brained people can have ok politics

Hey man, it's Christmas.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pirate Jet posted:

vbnmw’s goal is to get everyone to vote for the democrat no matter how much they suck, which objectively happened in 2020. it is not to save the democrat party, much less America.

they voted for one democrat. the Republicans made gains in the house and will retain the Senate, then sweep 2022 and 2024 after austerity Biden pisses in everyone’s face. so objectively, it was not successful. people were predicting a blue wave, not a wet fart.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://twitter.com/mikeduncan/status/1342459857501380608?s=19

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

it's a Christmas miracle!

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
basically the only good thing outside of my personal life to happen all year. December seemed so hopeful in back in February.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

chapo xmas special put a smile on my face

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

gh0stpinballa posted:

chapo xmas special put a smile on my face

I liked it. Lotta guests on there too, Stav, the e1 guys and I think they got ike barinholtz back lol

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

THS posted:

dore, by his own admission, is not a smart man. but as others have mentioned, he comes off as pretty genuine w/ his heart in the right place.

dore is an avid anti-imperialist and long-time proponent of UBI, and when tusli was still in she was popularizing UBI and humiliating establishment dems and media pundits who didn't know what the gently caress "regime change wars" were. dore loves seeing those people get humiliated. he was dumb to endorse her but i can empathize with his particular blinders. to his credit, he dropped her.. though tbf i don't know if he's since disavowed his support for her.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol tho

lol ignore is for cowards.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

There are 81 representatives in the House Progressive Caucus. The fact that not even any five of those 81, including the supposed most left members, can be bothered to apply pressure to the dems speaks volumes for their supposed progressive views. When the progressives do start talking or pressuring, their focus is against the left and their stated goal is to stifle any progress outside of appeals to work within the system. Dore is demonstrating that this is true and remains true and will be true in the future. Regardless of the success or failure of M4A, he has been successful in getting the progressives to show to the world that they fight the hardest against progress.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Prince Myshkin posted:

Ah, the PredictIt high roller now thinks $35k/month is couch change.

lmao I make $1700/month but at least I know what rich people are

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bedpan posted:

There are 81 representatives in the House Progressive Caucus. The fact that not even any five of those 81, including the supposed most left members, can be bothered to apply pressure to the dems speaks volumes for their supposed progressive views. When the progressives do start talking or pressuring, their focus is against the left and their stated goal is to stifle any progress outside of appeals to work within the system. Dore is demonstrating that this is true and remains true and will be true in the future. Regardless of the success or failure of M4A, he has been successful in getting the progressives to show to the world that they fight the hardest against progress.

nailed it

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
reading a special edition of Welcome to Hell World while waiting for the potatoes to boil, merry xmas to everyone but the haters, losers, and podcasters of the world. god bless

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

they voted for one democrat. the Republicans made gains in the house and will retain the Senate, then sweep 2022 and 2024 after austerity Biden pisses in everyone’s face. so objectively, it was not successful. people were predicting a blue wave, not a wet fart.

i also watched the news last month. pay me $1200 to continue this conversation

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
quote is not edit

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pirate Jet posted:

i also watched the news last month. pay me $1200 to continue this conversation

thank you for admitting I’m right, jackass.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

If you believe that the Republicans will sweep the midterms in 2022, then why do you want AOC to lay the groundwork for primary challenges now? If it's successful and we get a bunch of better Dem candidates in 2022, wouldn't that backfire spectacularly when they get trounced by Republicans in the general?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Gripweed posted:

If you believe that the Republicans will sweep the midterms in 2022, then why do you want AOC to lay the groundwork for primary challenges now? If it's successful and we get a bunch of better Dem candidates in 2022, wouldn't that backfire spectacularly when they get trounced by Republicans in the general?

one of the marvelous things about this particular brain worm is that it implicitly discards the notion of any "pushing biden left" happening before 2022