Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Golden Bee posted:

“Low XP to get started…” Also, a five cost, 5 XP weapon, that presumably you want two of, because you can’t get it back with the resourceful. And with a will save of two, if the encounter deck wants you get rid of it, you probably will.

(I found that he couldn’t be the main fighter in an Amanda/Mary/Silas party).

If I were to build Silas, I would wait until TIC comes out, because all the cards are designed around him with Calvin getting some side benefits. I would probably go with nautical prowess, because it’s better and more reliable than the harpoon, although the net is pretty nifty.

In multiplayer, he can have some fun with stunning blow. Baseball bat would also be a good fit. But I’d rather have Stella in a similar role, with oops and pistols.

I ran him as main fighter just fine through Dream Eaters. Every fighter type will eventually get a big weapon, so he's not different in that regard. However if you're playing taboo he has access to the best 0 xp weapon (meat cleaver), and until he gets the xp for double sword on top of having a passable signature if you want to go that route. Not to mention the fact that unlike basically every guardian, he's got a good shot at just evading enemies until he's got his swords as well. Will save of two is mitigated largely by a) having other items and b) being able to pass since he can get quite large skill checks by throwing skill cards (outside of eucatastrophe goofiness). Brute Force can also help out, as can act of desperation.

My main thing is I think Guardians really are starting to fall behind in what they can do because they've made Timeworn Brand and 4/5 attack dudes in other factions. Like it's the goofy stuff other factions do that I think pushes them above-Silas I've mentioned (eucatastrphe is really good with him), Yorrick gets most of the good guardian cards anyways, on top of the fact late he can chain police badges/red gloved man late (with the occasional will to survive sprinkled in). And I honestly think Tony is the best fighter currently just because he gets a ridiculous amount of attacks. Like I mentioned, I think Leo may be the best fighter of the guardians just because he gets access to a lot of powerful rogue stuff. I think Cho adds an interesting play style (also a lot of his chards are very welcome, especially Get Over Here).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Yeah, if people don’t like Nathaniel, they haven’t played him in midnight masks.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Get Over Here is the card I've turned around on the most since its release. I was unimpressed until I realized how great it was I could peel Aloof jerks at will and exactly how much action compression it offered. Nathanial makes it ridiculously strong.

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

I’ve been playing the Super Complete Edition mod for TTS and it’s got a ton of really nice scripts to it like automatically setting up everything for scenarios with one click, setting up cards with the appropriate number of resources or clue tokens when revealed, and importing decks from arkhamdb.com. The amount of time it saves organizing and sorting things is incredible. I think I prefer the mod to playing with physical cards because of that.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Omnicrom posted:

Get Over Here is the card I've turned around on the most since its release. I was unimpressed until I realized how great it was I could peel Aloof jerks at will and exactly how much action compression it offered. Nathanial makes it ridiculously strong.

It did seem pretty lame, until you realize that Nathaniel‘s fights do two damage. The idea that you can defend allies from across the board is super funny (and in TFA, you can defend them from other centuries.)

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

I now have a Steam account and TTS. How does one obtain the Super Complete Edition needfuls? If I want to host up to three other people, they'll need Steam account, TTS (I bought 4), and the SCE, and that would be everything?

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer
In the steam client find TTS in your library and go to the Workshop for the game. Search for Arkham Horror or Complete Edition until you find it. Subscribe to it and it should start downloading.

Everyone in your group has to do the same, the rest of your list looks good. Create a server of the game and get everyone the credentials.

I recommend looking up the TTS controls as well. You can control drat near everything but it's not intuitive or well labeled.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Xlorp posted:

I now have a Steam account and TTS. How does one obtain the Super Complete Edition needfuls? If I want to host up to three other people, they'll need Steam account, TTS (I bought 4), and the SCE, and that would be everything?

Hello! There is a wonderful community for the Arkham Horror LCG right over here on this Discord: https://discord.gg/5KUx5jryaT

You will not be able to find the Arkham Horror LCG Super Complete Edition on the Steam Workshop anymore because it was taken down some time ago.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Hello! There is a wonderful community for the Arkham Horror LCG right over here on this Discord: https://discord.gg/5KUx5jryaT

You will not be able to find the Arkham Horror LCG Super Complete Edition on the Steam Workshop anymore because it was taken down some time ago.

The Discord channel has all this and more! Stickied notes got me through the setup, never having used Steam or TTS before today.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I've gotten through installing the mod and I'm not a stranger to the AH LCG, but is there any guide to using the mod itself?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I've done the same yesterday, and the first order of business seems to be to look at all the card packs and boxes and press "Place" and then press "Place " under whatever falls out to download all the data for the cards. Then recall it in order, if you feel like it.

Placing first the cycle, then the scenario box pretty much does the setup for the scenario. Don't forget to set the player count on the mat right.

Haven't got to managing deck building yet, but the panel in the bottom right lets you import decks from the DB.

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

There are a few older videos that helped me. Here's one of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUTBj7f7nGo

If you want to see the mod in action, The Whisperer in Darkness sometimes plays with the mod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWhATEvMBh0

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

SelenicMartian posted:

I've done the same yesterday, and the first order of business seems to be to look at all the card packs and boxes and press "Place" and then press "Place " under whatever falls out to download all the data for the cards. Then recall it in order, if you feel like it.

Placing first the cycle, then the scenario box pretty much does the setup for the scenario. Don't forget to set the player count on the mat right.

Haven't got to managing deck building yet, but the panel in the bottom right lets you import decks from the DB.

thanks, I'll mess around with it and see how far I get.

medchem posted:

There are a few older videos that helped me. Here's one of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUTBj7f7nGo

If you want to see the mod in action, The Whisperer in Darkness sometimes plays with the mod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWhATEvMBh0

cheers for these

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

They put even more from Lair of Dagon online. Looks like sister Mary’s design to put a bunch of blesses in the bag, then dole them out to auto succeed, save money, and prevent hits. To that end, her bad stats are mostly irrelevant, and she can do a secondary of token guessing (prescience for symbol) to recur event spells.

Blessing of Isis opens up an entire play mode where her goal is to put 10 tokens in the bag, use Olive to look at multiple tokens, and succeed one or two vital checks a turn.

Dagon also adds to more translations of the cryptic grimoire, which incentivizes Joe diamond to put something in his hands other than two Hawkeye cameras. I was tearing my hair out with reasons to play curses in seeker, and these seem to be the reasons.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

They put even more from Lair of Dagon online. Looks like sister Mary’s design to put a bunch of blesses in the bag, then dole them out to auto succeed, save money, and prevent hits. To that end, her bad stats are mostly irrelevant, and she can do a secondary of token guessing (prescience for symbol) to recur event spells.

Blessing of Isis opens up an entire play mode where her goal is to put 10 tokens in the bag, use Olive to look at multiple tokens, and succeed one or two vital checks a turn.

Dagon also adds to more translations of the cryptic grimoire, which incentivizes Joe diamond to put something in his hands other than two Hawkeye cameras. I was tearing my hair out with reasons to play curses in seeker, and these seem to be the reasons.

Where are you seeing the new cards?

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Couldn't find it in the usual places but my search led me to the Mythos Busters Discord (https://discord.gg/2zk3jn3) where I found this :

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Man, is the Circle Undone loving hard as poo poo for anyone else?

Girlfriend and I are kinda getting our asses kicked. Kind of disheartening after our recent campaign of TFA.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

jeeves posted:

Man, is the Circle Undone loving hard as poo poo for anyone else?

Girlfriend and I are kinda getting our asses kicked. Kind of disheartening after our recent campaign of TFA.

It depends on how good your Willpower is, mostly. I also find it to feel a lot worse than it actually is: you are miserable, but in better shape than you think you are. A very sneaky thing it does is that the real bullshit happens on advancing the act, not the agenda, which means you kinda get blindsided by it.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I'm playing Indiana Diamond Joe and I think willpower stuff just kicks my rear end.

My girlfriend is playing Diana and while she loves Mystic cards, I think she just doesn't like STARTING at 1 willpower. She needs immediate satisfaction and Diana is just turning her off, I think.

Maybe she just got so spoiled by Zoe or Jenny's baseline badassery?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I always described Diana as playing UW Control in Magic. You just sit there with a pile of counterspells and deny the game's right to do things to you. This actually works quite well in The Circle Undone because you can basically crash cards like Terror in the Mists and Daemonic Piping. Yes, Diana has a ramp-up time, but helpfully the cards you play to protect you during the period when you only have 1 or 2 Willpower are also the cards you use to power yourself up.

Also don't forget that timing rules mean that if you play Delay the Inevitable with your Dagger it still properly goes back underneath Diana when it triggers. Also that Deny Existence works on Terrible Secret because it says "Ignore" and not "Cancel".

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Yeah, by the end of turn two you should be at three or four willpower, which is baseline. From there, you can comfortably get to seven with an accessory, eight with an ally. And then once your blade is out, you can protect your teammate all game.

TCU has a lot of tricks, your first run through will probably go poorly.

DeceasedHorse
Nov 11, 2005
I four Patrice to be great for TCU as she can recur Alter Fate a bunch and has excellent willpower, particularly once you have a corner or two in play

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It’s a spell, so a prescient Agnes could also grab it.

I feel like Trish would do super well along with people who can cancel.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

jeeves posted:

I'm playing Indiana Diamond Joe and I think willpower stuff just kicks my rear end.

My girlfriend is playing Diana and while she loves Mystic cards, I think she just doesn't like STARTING at 1 willpower. She needs immediate satisfaction and Diana is just turning her off, I think.

Maybe she just got so spoiled by Zoe or Jenny's baseline badassery?

A good Diana deck should look something like this as a baseline:

https://arkhamdb.com/decklist/view/15209/diana-practicing-safe-hex-now-even-hexier-hard-mode-1.0

If you don't have access to the more recently released counter/cancel cards I'd play a different investigator. I introduced my girlfriend to the game with Diana this week and it went great. I subbed out some of the token manipulation and ritual candles for a sword cane which was probably the right call against the ghoul priest. Coincidentally I was also playing Joe Diamond, we ended up getting all the cultists in scenario 2 and winning through clues before the boss showed up in the final scenario.

Joe is kinda bad in the campaign you are playing due to the number of will tests. Make sure you bring logical reasoning and don't put it into your hunch deck.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 1, 2021

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
That's exactly the deck that I built for her. I think she just doesn't like feeling so gimpy at game start, and she isn't enough of a pro strategist to slowly build things up well.

Speaking of investigators, anyone got any good duo recommendations for Dreamlands and Insmouth?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

For Innsmouth, Tommy is pretty good. But anyone with a lot of movement or who can kill enemies without engaging them. Ursula and Silas are doing OK for me, and I posted above about my trio.

Dreamlands A, Luke was literally made for it. There are a lot of different skill checks that you want to succeed on, so I had a good time with Winnifred.

B does fine by anybody. It’s pretty varied.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I had planned to play a 3-player campaign over Xmas but it turned into a 2-player run instead, and we decided to try Return to The Forgotten Age, on Standard because neither of us had played much all year and our decks were definitely not optimized. My cousin handled the investigation side of things with Winifred, and I took Nathaniel Cho as the muscle.

We spent a lot of time repeating The Untamed Wilds because we decided to continue only when one of us wasn't defeated, and, long story short, the Return version doesn't seem to be any easier! The new Exploration rule is great, though. We eventually made it through to Threads of Fate before time got the better of us, but after returning home on the weekend I decided to give a 2-handed game a try, this time with Trish Scarborough as cluever. And now that I was once again very familiar with the first two scenarios of RtTFA and my Cho deck was more refined I decided to play on Hard, which I generally prefer anyway.

So I want to talk about deck-building, card choices, and some scenario details. Before I list the decks, though, I'll say that my standard rule for building a new deck is to play to your investigator's strengths and not try to shore up their weaknesses (win faster instead of lose slower) and in the case of multiplayer decks I try to make them highly specialized for whatever role they're going to play. I'm feeling pretty good about my Cho deck, but I have less experience with investigation-focused play so my Trish deck could probably use a few changes. Anyway, here they are :

Nathaniel Cho in RtTFA

Trish Scarborough in RtTFA

So for Cho, I learned right away that Boxing Gloves are really important. The deck doesn't function without them and you're screwed if you lose them, so one of my first changes was to add 2 x Tetsuo Mori. You want to mulligan hard for either the gloves, or Mori, or Randall Cho. After playing at least 20 opening hands that amount of tutoring seems sufficient. Also, Mori is just a great ally in general. At some point I always add Charisma to my Guardian decks but I don't plan to do that with Cho as I don't think I'll be taking any more allies over the course of the campaign.

(sidenote : are the card URLs useful for anyone reading this, or does everyone here already know what all the cards do?)

The next thing I learned about Cho is that you want card draw or cycling, because when you get down to that last third of your deck after you've tutored out all of your fighting events your tempo takes a pretty big hit. This is why I added 2 x Glory, which is a card that for some reason I was skeptical of at first (note that you can tutor it with the gloves and play it immediately). I also have 2 x Daring which has a good amount of icons for Hard and the evade isn't irrelevant in the first scenario.

My one-ofs are :

1 x Safeguard : This is actually pretty good. I don't feel like I'm missing it if I don't get to play it, but when I do it always gets used and saves a few actions.

1 x Handcuffs : I put this in when I was playing with Winifred, initially as a more efficient (and thematic) way to deal with Tommy Malloy, but it turned out to be surprisingly useful in general. I know it's technically two actions instead of three to use it on Tommy, but it's one test instead of three and having them out before he appears mitigates him showing up at a really bad time.

And then I found out with Trish you can engage the handcuffed enemy and drag it around to make use of her ability, which is kind of hilarious but I haven't managed to pull it off yet. Both of those assets help protect my Boxing Gloves from nasty things in the second scenario, and Mori being able to tutor the Handcuffs is a nice bit of extra synergy.

The fight events are self-explanatory, so I'll just mention a few things I've gone back and forth on.

Evidence vs Scene of the Crime

How much clue gathering does your multiplayer Guardian deck need? I think it's useful to have a small amount and for a while I had two copies each of these cards, but right now it's just the 2 x Evidence, mostly because I'll eventually try to upgrade them to 2 x Lesson Learned or possibly Evidence(1) when the enemies get a bit beefier. I like Scene of the Crime but I find it sits in my hand too long on average to be an auto-include.

Take the Initiative vs Steadfast

Take is my standard concession to the Mythos Phase and it's been in all versions of this deck, but I wonder if Steadfast might be better. Cho has one extra stat point for it, and it's more flexible, and the fact that it gets less useful the longer the scenario goes is usually not relevant because you play it early to maintain tempo. But then again, you build up trauma early on in TFA (at least the way I play) so it becomes less useful as the campaign progresses, and it does only work on two types of test, one of which, granted, is usually associated with 'real bad poo poo' treacheries. But then with only a three in Willpower I plan on eating most of those tests anyway. Which kind of segues into...

"Let me handle this!" vs On the Hunt vs First Watch

One of the things I enjoy most about playing Guardian is taking on burdens to free up my teammates, so I love all of these cards. I've had the latest one, First Watch, in most versions of this deck and it's been great. If I had nothing to fight (or sometimes even if I did) I would take two treacheries to the face just to allow my partner to gather clues uninterrupted, but it also allowed me to throw nasty poo poo like Snake Bite back to Winifred. If my Willpower was base four I'd be more inclined to consider "Let me handle this!", so I don't think it beats FW for the slot.

On the Hunt is slightly different in that it can be used to save me from a treachery that might show up at a particularly bad time, and it has obvious synergy with Evidence and Scene of the Crime. It also has some synergy with Trish, and I like the fact that I can fish out the odd VP enemy when I have nothing else to do. It's what I'm currently running, but it doesn't fill a crucial slot so it's one of the first things I replace when I purchase an upgrade.

And speaking of upgrades, Cho has a lot of great options. I usually make it to the second scenario with around 6-8XP to spend (I take Binoculars) and I haven't really settled on anything yet except for 1 x Boxing Gloves (3) being essential. Here are a few other things I've tried :

"Get over here!" (2) : Outstanding action compression, fun to play, and being fast means you can play it outside the investigator phase to take advantage of Cho's ability an additional time each turn.

Counterpunch (2) : I initially overlooked this but then I realized it doubles as damage prevention/healing, which gives it a lot of additional flexibility for planning your main phase actions.

Dynamite Blast (3) : The ultimate incarnation of the sweetest card in the game, and again it fits nicely with getting an extra use out of Cho's ability (you can hit one of the targets for four damage).

I'm keen for Overpower (2) for more cycling, but I think it's important to upgrade the fight events first as those extra ability uses are key for increasing your damage output.

Nathaniel Cho is fast becoming my favourite Guardian and I haven't even played a high-XP deck yet. I love the thematic design of his cards and the fight events, and a guy with boxing gloves walking around the jungle punching out snakes and monsters is exactly the kind of imagery I appreciate in this game.

Ok, this post is getting pretty long, so I'll cut my Trish discussion short a bit. I don't actually have a lot to say yet since I've only run it a few times and I'm still iterating, but the gist of it was to use a lot of events for Crystallizer of Dreams, which I think has a tiny bit of bonus synergy for Trish because the Guardian of the Crystallizer enters play exhausted.

Because I'm playing on Hard I wanted to combine some testless clue gathering (Intel Report and Working a Hunch, which has particularly good synergy with her ability) with events that add her good Agility and Intellect together (Breaking and Entering, Cheap Shot, and Slip Away). These cards all have good icons for Crystallizer, too, and my initial impressions are that Trish is a strong investigator! Maybe not this deck exactly, but her ability is powerful and flexible, and her card pool is huge.

The other thing going on in the deck is Practice Makes Perfect for double uses of Perception and Deduction, both of which I try to mulligan away. The economy cards seem fine, with Dr Milan Christopher doubling as a bit of soak before I eventually replace him with Lola Santiago once I get some more Rogue money into the deck.

My first upgrades have been 2 x Perception (2) to get more use out of that engine plus some more card draw, which is something I haven't solved yet. It feels a bit light on draw/cycling for a Rogue/Seeker deck, but I have had games where I sit on a full hand for a while so I'm not sure about this. I'm also toying with Quick Study, which I haven't got into play much yet but it feels pretty good already.

"I've got a plan!" will probably be cut next time around. I kept getting into situations where killing something would have been really handy and I wasn't able to do it, but since adding them I haven't even considered using them. Backstab was the other option but I don't have as many ways to boost Agility so it kind of needs Streetwise (3) to be worth it. Manual Dexterity will probably get cut too as I felt like I needed it in the first scenario but not so much later.

Last card comment is Narrow Escape which is a fairly ordinary Rogue card but it actually gets a bit more mileage out of Trish's ability and it has good Crystallizer icons.

So, the last thing I will comment on is the first scenario itself. The Untamed Wilds still feels like it has very high variance, with the two reshuffles and Ancient Evils. I substituted Resurgent Evils and we still chose the doom option maybe 50% of the time. Depending upon how it plays out, you can end up with a lot of chip damage in this scenario and it can add up quickly.

The other main source of variance is the Boa Constrictor. If that guy showed up early it often tanked the run, as you don't want to kill him and suffer the Vengeance hit, but you can't just dump him in a location you've cleared like you can with the small snakes. And constantly evading him chews up a lot of actions; we would try that for a while but eventually there came a point where he just had to get punched.

Speaking of which, I chose to smash Ichtaca pretty much every time with a simple One-Two Punch, and then try to reach and clear the act-advancing location as quickly as possible, then see if I could eke out any more VP from the other temples (in almost every game I couldn't do this).

And the very, very last thing I will say is that playing 2-handed is surprisingly taxing. When you get to the mid-game and the table is full of cards it can be quite difficult to map out an optimal turn, and it's easy to make mistakes even on scenarios you're familiar with. But it's a good kind of challenge. In a way it reminds me of Xcom where you may have one soldier with a grenade (a source of guaranteed damage, if you've never played it) and then you spend the rest of the turn calculating risks (shots with varying chances to hit, or other actions with varying outcomes) to maximize your potential gains, but sometimes you realize it just isn't worth it and you throw the drat grenade.

Kalko fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jan 4, 2021

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I think you’re doing fine. Nathaniel is a bit of an underachiever for TFA, because he wants to kill an enemy every turn and often you don’t want that to happen. If you pair him with someone who has mind blank, vengeance becomes less of an issue.

If you have a lot of deductions, your accessory slot is free, so the mirror is a good fit.

Trish is an overachiever, but you have a few weird picks. You might want to add momentum to replace cheap shot, especially since Lola Santiago will give you auto dodges. Plus, it’s practiced.

Versatile should probably come with Lola, so you can use flashlights. You don’t have huge money like Preston or big bucks Sefina, and unlike Preston, you can get the clue from the flashlight while getting the discount.

I built with Hawkeye cameras, then going to lockpicks. For money, easy Mark is always the first option when you’re playing rogue. Ironically, adaptable might give you more deck space, which doesn’t matter when you have the search capabilities of yellow and the draw of green. Trish is really good with “scene of the crime“ because it can trigger three clues for her.

Frankly, as long as you have Trish around, most of the problems of the scenarios clear up.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I had Hallowed Mirror in my Nathaniel deck originally and it's one of the few playable healing cards, but I felt like I didn't need it after I added the 2 x Mori. Still, I do get a few actions per game where I don't have anything meaningful to do, so maybe it's worth it. My list feels really tight though - I guess I would drop an On the Hunt.

When I played again last night I found I'd already cut Cheap Shot from my Trish deck (it did seem a bit odd in there). I like the idea of Momentum, especially with repeatable high-stat tests from Lockpicks (1). When I originally saw Trish's stat line I immediately thought of Lockpicks anyway, I just wanted to try something different, but they're just too good to pass up.

I remade the deck and dropped the Crystallizer and some of its support stuff for more assets, adding Flashlights and Lucky Cigarette Case. I had tried Cryptographic Cipher in an earlier version of the deck and I want to like it but I never found a good opportunity to use the fast action (+1 on Hard with a 0XP deck didn't feel right most of the time). I guess at worst it's two more Flashlights?

edit : Another card I wanted to ask about is Seeking Answers. I cut it early but maybe didn't give it enough of a chance. It's a bit situational but it seems like it should be a good fit for her. Man, her card pool is huge.

Kalko fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 5, 2021

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Seeking answers it’s OK, but in two player Nathaniel is probably right next to you. Especially if you get safeguard, which when paired with Pathfinder gives plenty of mobility. I never ended up using it, same with the one that lets you investigate anywhere on the map.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

The more I think about the Mirror the more I like it in the current version of my deck. It's another asset to protect my gloves from Tindalos Alpha and Crypt Chill, both of which show up in multiple scenarios. And it's also another thing Mori can tutor out, potentially multiple times if I feed it to an Alpha.

Soothing Melody has always been good, and yeah, on turns where I don't need to explore and I have nothing to fight it's more consequential than using a basic draw or resource action. On the Hunt is fine as a one-of, so that's where it will go.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Tbh I'm not a big fan of Mori in Cho. 2x Prepared for the Worst, 2x Gloves, and his signature should be good enough with mulligans. The issue with Mori is that in the situations you don't have gloves, he's gonna be too slow anyways.

And I think Cryptographic Cypher is a flat out upgrade to Flashlight for Trish. In our current run (hard mode return to Dunwich) our Trish has been using it to great effect. The fast action isn't used much, but it can be clutch to get a free clue (and evade!) on random low-shroud locations. Or sometimes it's worth a hail mary to just try for it.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Yeah, I was originally using Prepared (usually a given in my Guardian decks for SttP) but I switched to Mori for the asset protection/recovery and it's been fine. It's very easy to get him killed quickly in TFA, anyway.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Conspiracy of Blood from Threads of Fate says attach it to the current agenda. (I think Innsmouth Conspiracy has a similar card.)

What happens when the current agenda advances? Does Conspiracy of Blood get discarded, or does it attach itself to the new current agenda?

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

It gets discarded.

ArkhamDB posted:

Once in play, an attachment remains attached until either the attachment or the game element to which it is attached leaves play (in which case the attachment is discarded), or unless a card ability explicitly detaches the card.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks. I guess the run of Threads of Fate I played last night wasn't as down to the wire as I thought it was.

DeceasedHorse
Nov 11, 2005
I’ve played Trish with various combat characters two-handed through RTFA a couple of times now and Pendent of the Queen is pretty clutch, though you have to build your deck around it, with backpack and Whitton Greene to dig it out.

The pendent is still pretty bonkers, even with the extra XP cost.

I’ve had middling experiences with Cryptographic Cypher. It’s fairly pricey, but the flexibility is nice

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Are mystics screwed out of reliable attack spell access without a second core or the purple starter deck?

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

DeceasedHorse posted:

I’ve played Trish with various combat characters two-handed through RTFA a couple of times now and Pendent of the Queen is pretty clutch, though you have to build your deck around it, with backpack and Whitton Greene to dig it out.

The pendent is still pretty bonkers, even with the extra XP cost.

I’ve had middling experiences with Cryptographic Cypher. It’s fairly pricey, but the flexibility is nice

Yeah, I did the whole Pendant thing with Mandy before the latest taboo list, and it was fun but also the most busted thing I've ever experienced so I don't want to return to that right away. I put the Cipher back into my deck and I'm feeling better about it now. It's not amazing or anything, but it's pretty solid. I'll do a write-up of my campaign when I finish but I just have to mention the Boundary Beyond I just did, which I can only describe as a critical fail.

Basically, I just couldn't stop pulling the heart thing token, so clues kept getting added to the one ancient location I managed to explore successfully. Trish pulled eleven clues off it, the last one right before the second agenda advanced. Also on that final turn, she drew Unspeakable Oath (Curiosity) which normally wouldn't have been a problem, but when the agenda advanced every location gained clues and Padma Amrita entered play.

Also, just for laughs, we were both at the same location where this was forced into play : Lake Xochimilco, so we lost our whole turn. I couldn't choose the other variant to put into play because it entered the victory display (and it would've defeated Trish anyway with the direct horror).

Nathaniel had a horror start to that game too, cycling two Moris and not finding any gloves, though to be fair that was partly due to the 'two fewer cards in your opening hand' effect from taking the path against Ichtaca. I really wanted a SttP here but I didn't get enough XP from the previous scenario for it. I'm starting to think I do need at least 1 x Prepared for the Worst from the beginning just to eventually be able to put it under my SttP, even with the Moris. This scenario also has Merging Timelines to discard the gloves directly from my deck.

It also has Timeline Destabilization which neither of us have a realistic chance of passing consistently, which is why I was kind of only aiming to clear two ancient locations in total.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
It appears that the next mythos pack has been delayed an indeterminate amount of time because Asmodee's logistics chain is utterly hosed from Christmas sales.