Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

It's actually been a really nice Christmas here too. Was sad about missing my family but my house pulled together and we all contributed something from our countries to the day so we had a British/Bulgarian/Palestinian Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Just took the kitten out for a walk* and we met a stag! The stag and the kitten both went loving apeshit and I decided on Marcie's behalf that we would withdraw.

* 5 month old kitten and we're in an unfamiliar place halfway up a mountain so outside happens on a lead at the moment. Neighbours think we are hosed up.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
The hierarchy of side order chips.
Best on left, worst right.

Wedges <- Chunky Cut Chips <- Thick Cut Chips <- Thin Cut Chips <- Having Nothing <- Sweet Potato Chips

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Dec 26, 2020

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

It's actually been a really nice Christmas here too. Was sad about missing my family but my house pulled together and we all contributed something from our countries to the day so we had a British/Bulgarian/Palestinian Christmas.

This sounds good! What does Bulgarian/Palestinian Christmas feature? I’m mostly asking about the culinary aspects

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

crispix posted:

i like most animals

bit scared of horses though, especially the way they show their teeth when they make that noise of theirs FLPFLPFLPFLPFLPFFFFFF like that

Tonty blair make the flehmen response.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

happyhippy posted:

The hierarchy of side order chips.
Best on right, worst left.

Wedges <- Chunky Cut Chips <- Thick Cut Chips <- Thin Cut Chips <- Having Nothing <- Sweet Potato Chips
This but you read it in a mirror.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i enjoy sweet potato chips and also normal chips

i am from and currently right now live in PDO potato place Comber and i found potatoes from here for sale in edinburgh when i lived there

it made me very happy then

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

The exact same reveal as "REDRUM" in The Shining but it's this list

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
big floury crumbly things says he :hehe:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Guavanaut posted:

Dammit, I had them wrong way round lol.
I may or may not be slightly drunk right now

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

happyhippy posted:

Dammit, I had them wrong way round lol.
I may or may not be slightly drunk right now
It's a Christmas miracle.

I was honestly a bit worried that you'd made a precise hierarchy of real chips that were worse than having nothing and only ate sweet potato chips, because y'know, goons and food.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Sweet potatoes are too sweet to be good chips.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Is this one of those genetic things, how can people hate sweet potato chips this much.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Continuity NIP posted:

Sweet potatoes are too sweet to be good chips.

They don't crisp properly either

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sweet potato chips turned me onto the idea of mayo and chips. It's a godly combination.

Jose posted:

They don't crisp properly either

Yeah they do.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
They're too soft and too sweet. They're fine for other things but are bad chips

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

stev posted:

Sweet potato chips turned me onto the idea of mayo and chips. It's a godly combination.

Yeah they do.

They only crisp if you dredge them in cornflour or some other starch first.
If you don't do this they will never crisp on their own.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Jakabite posted:

This sounds good! What does Bulgarian/Palestinian Christmas feature? I’m mostly asking about the culinary aspects

Unleavened bread with a coin in it and cauliflower soup to start., Baba ganoush, hummus, pickled cabbage leaves and stuffed peppers combined with the nice bits of a regular roast dinner. It was pretty rad.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
why were so many people putting coins in food in them days

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

crispix posted:

Insufficient opportunities to get hepatitis

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

crispix posted:

They used them to put down deposits.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Our neighbour used to cook PLUM DUFF

big fearsome irish ma

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
you didn't ask her why she was doing anything

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I don't like sweet potatoes in chip form, someone else can have mine. They're too sweet and clash with whatever savoury food they're accompanying. Stick them in a curry instead.

Family Christmas has now reached the point where I'm beginning to look forward to it being over. Hopefully the weather will hold so that people can go out for a walk and relieve the claustrophobia.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

I have to say I’ve spent the entire Christmas with only my partner (for the first time) and it’s been wonderful. I haven’t had a Christmas with my family for four years because the last one was a total disaster and my brother (who is terrible) literally blocked me and my sister on social media because he can’t handle not being pitied. We spent it on a good vegan dinner, loads of nice booze, and good walk, Goldeneye (the film) and now playing cyberpunk. Merry Christmas all

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

OwlFancier posted:

Tonty blair make the flehmen response.

https://mobile.twitter.com/deanvannguyen/status/942736571438116864

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Aidan_702 posted:

I have to say I’ve spent the entire Christmas with only my partner (for the first time) and it’s been wonderful. I haven’t had a Christmas with my family for four years because the last one was a total disaster and my brother (who is terrible) literally blocked me and my sister on social media because he can’t handle not being pitied. We spent it on a good vegan dinner, loads of nice booze, and good walk, Goldeneye (the film) and now playing cyberpunk. Merry Christmas all

that's nice, aidan :)

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
the problem offentimes is we have too great of expectations

just do the best you can

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Probably a horror movie for Nige

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The reason horses do the teeth thing is because they have a secondary nose in their mouth called a vomeronasal organ.

You can also have a vomeronasal organ if you drink too much at crimbo and it comes out of both holes.

Picture unrelated.

https://twitter.com/lemonlikesgirls/status/1342328254221307905

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Dec 26, 2020

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Leave it, Johnny, he ain't worth it, bruv!

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

OwlFancier posted:

The reason horses do the teeth thing is because they have a secondary nose in their mouth called a vomeronasal organ.

You can also have a vomeronasal organ if you drink too much at crimbo and it comes out of both holes.

Picture unrelated.

https://twitter.com/lemonlikesgirls/status/1342328254221307905

I was going to post that but you beat me too it :D

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Merry Christmas to all you idiots, hope each and every one of you has had a wonderful day.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
oh we will have our day, all right

:laugh:

you might even say

our day

will come

:newlol:

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

crispix posted:

that's nice, aidan :)

Thanks! And I have just realised that in Goldeneye, Pierce Brosnan - first Irish James Bond, his first villain is called Trevelyan. The poetic justice is not lost on me. Warms the cockles of my heart

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I like being Irish, too

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I spent all day cooking and was fairly astonished to find that I actually made a very nice Christmas meal. I enjoyed watching Soul, and now I’m watching through the BBC show Ghosts, which is pretty good. Even if it was alone, I feel like I’ve had a very nice Christmas.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You know the greatest refutation of capitalism's ability to innovate and produce useful products is that they don't make a sack of chocolate that's all strawberry and coffee creams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

I ate pizza and played Warhams Totally Wars all day. So basically like every other day off in 2020 but with bonus awkward family phone calls and text chains.