Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Merry Christmas!

My gift is bringing attention to another 'Checkmate Lincolnites!' This time on the charmingly manifestly false notion of the black Confederate soldier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEXIUskneo4

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsLnIkv1tZA

tehsnakerer put out a new video today. it's a 2 hour long video about We. The Revolution. Merry Christmas.

Alaois fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 26, 2020

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

DeafNote posted:

Merry Christmas. And to all, a good night!

Saint Nick says 'Happy Christmas', not 'Merry'! You're no true Christmas-celebrator!

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Samovar posted:

Saint Nick says 'Happy Christmas', not 'Merry'! You're no true Christmas-celebrator!

In my country Saint Nick doesnt even celebrate Christmas!
(He perpetuates a horrible blackface tradition instead)

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrstrOrJxOc

Oh my gah

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

"Part 1"

yessss

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Alaois posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsLnIkv1tZA

tehsnakerer put out a new video today. it's a 2 hour long video about We. The Revolution. Merry Christmas.

Yeah. That was a good video. It’s sad that the game basically nails what it wants to say and do mechanically and thematically but than shoots off too wierd total dumbass pseudo assassins creed poo poo.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

I genuinely like Josh when he’s on re-view.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I feel like I could watch Jay and Josh talk about pretty much anything and be into it.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I've watched a lot of star Trek this year and I get mike better and better. :ohdear:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nucleic Acids posted:

I genuinely like Josh when he’s on re-view.

Josh is great on Re:View and poo poo on everything else.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Josh is great on Best of the Worst when his music nerd side starts leaking through

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Also that one time he burned Rich so hard that Rich had to leave the room.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I don’t know how I feel about that bald mustache guy, but he seems about 20% too sleazy a lot of the time, and a lot of that is the mustache.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I don’t know how I feel about that bald mustache guy, but he seems about 20% too sleazy a lot of the time, and a lot of that is the mustache.

you mean the dude who looks jason lee but fallen on hard times or Josh?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Kay Kessler posted:

What was the burn?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Gargamel Gibson posted:

What was the burn?

"I don't need this. I could be working at a tollbooth or something."

"Could you get that job?"

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

you mean the dude who looks jason lee but fallen on hard times or Josh?

Not Josh—the bald skinny Jason Lee guy.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

In the beginning of the twin peaks review video they mentioned some popular, 5 hour Everything Explained video. Has anyone here seen this? I’ve never heard of it

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Kay Kessler posted:

You can say Rich was... Defeatable!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

In the beginning of the twin peaks review video they mentioned some popular, 5 hour Everything Explained video. Has anyone here seen this? I’ve never heard of it

I think they were referring to Twin Perfect's videos about it which I'm not going to watch for obvious reasons.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Groovelord Neato posted:

Josh and Jack are good and get way too much flak imo :colbert:

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

im never gonna watch the four hour twin peaks explainer but its fun imagining david lynch finding out it exists and getting really mad

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The idea of explaining away any piece of media like it’s a math problem is silly, but with Twin Peaks it’s missing the point entirely.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

The idea of explaining away any piece of media like it’s a math problem is silly, but with Twin Peaks it’s missing the point entirely.

Honestly this is why I was extremely not surprised when I saw that it was Twin Perfect that had a 4 hour explainer video. Those dipshits are famous for stupid interpretations of Silent Hill followed by absolutely demanding that their interpretation is the only correct one.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Kay Kessler posted:

"I don't need this. I could be working at a tollbooth or something."

"Could you get that job?"

And it was completely accidental.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

I blame how pervasive STEM is our culture where everything must be treated like a fact list and math problem. It's why no one loving likes English classes in high school (beyond the material)

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

achillesforever6 posted:

I blame how pervasive STEM is our culture where everything must be treated like a fact list and math problem. It's why no one loving likes English classes in high school (beyond the material)

Internet media in general rewards "_____ explained" or "this tiny thing is the secret that makes ______ so great". Unless you already have your following it doesn't reward "let's talk about themes in _____ for an hour". It's like RLM - they had to rely on tentpole Plinkett reviews until they got their base and could finally have re:View or "let's talk about star trek" episodes.

Speaking of, not sure if this came up, but Adam Ragusea talks about his participation in "this one chord in 'All I want for Christmas is you' makes it a Christmas song" article debacle from several years ago and how he still regrets it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxUnwsttr_8 - also a good example with "Vox media can't just talk about something, they need to have revealed the One Amazing Trick".

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Farm Frenzy posted:

im never gonna watch the four hour twin peaks explainer but its fun imagining david lynch finding out it exists and getting really mad

he would be mad for like five minutes and then probably realize that he could drive this person insane by just telling the person that they're wrong and never elaborating on it.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

he would be mad for like five minutes and then probably realize that he could drive this person insane by just telling the person that they're wrong and never elaborating on it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I like Josh he is the more serious one and is useful as an anchor to keep things from going completely insane

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Garrand posted:

Honestly this is why I was extremely not surprised when I saw that it was Twin Perfect that had a 4 hour explainer video. Those dipshits are famous for stupid interpretations of Silent Hill followed by absolutely demanding that their interpretation is the only correct one.

do they ever reach the unintentional heights of comedy of the silent hill wiki admin who was obsessed with circumcision or is it just boring poo poo

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

CYBEReris posted:

do they ever reach the unintentional heights of comedy of the silent hill wiki admin who was obsessed with circumcision or is it just boring poo poo

unfortunately not, they're just assholes instead of being completely bonkers.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Garrand posted:

Those dipshits are famous for stupid interpretations of Silent Hill followed by absolutely demanding that their interpretation is the only correct one.
They also blamed Tomm Hulett for killing Silent Hill and their dipshit fans took it upon themselves to harass him, which they didn't mind at all. Hulett had nothing to do with the development or production of the actual Silent Hill games, he was just the guy Konami hired as the public face of the series in its later years and therefore the guy who had to publicly defend Konami's idiotic decisions or at least attempt to spin their bullshit in some manner.

I think one of the Twin Perfect guys eventually realized he'd been a raging shithead and apologized to Hulett (and left the channel as well, leaving the other guy to run it on his own? It's been a long time).

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
^^^^
oh poo poo I heard about yhat but had no idea itbwas linked to this twin peaks guy at all. That was kinda hosed up.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

It came up a while back. Jay's summary is 100% accurate despite not fully watching it: the guy picked up on some metanarrative stuff then decided he's 'solved' twin peaks. Theres some interesting points and symbolism I missed on my watch in there but its a very blinkered analysis and its especially poor when it talks about Lynch himself like he's punishing his audience for misunderstanding his message or some bollocks.

But still the guy does know his stuff so I found value in it just as a deep dive into that aspect of the show it just thinks too way highly of itself and does a bit of game theory level straw grasping thats kinda dumb.

The presentation that its 'solved' twin peaks and the numerous commenters that seem to think that this is the true answer to some great puzzle is a bit depressing though.

Mr Phillby fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 27, 2020

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Tomm Hulett did nothing wrong.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

JordanKai posted:

Tomm Hulett did nothing wrong.
Voidburger did a good video about the whole situation if anyones curious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQR3SRggiF0

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
I've watched both Todd and Fantano's worst songs of 2020 lists, and I find it funny that both of them have put different versions of the same song at the top of their lists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

happy holidays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE-W7ihjrek