Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Shameful lack of curly fries in that chip listing.

E: The Cessna 152 is the generic light aircraft everyone thinks of when they think of light aircraft. I started flying lessons earlier in the year but after getting aloft twice realised that A.) I'm too fat to comfortably fly that thing and B.) It's goddamn hard to socially distance in a 104cm wide fuselage

(PA-28 supremacy).

RockyB fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Dec 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Even though we've been doing a Zoom call every weekend since March the one my family did last night was genuinely one of the most fun family experiences I've had in a while, possibly because everyone was roughly the same level of drunk and overfed so we all ignored the normal call etiquette and got on with just talking bollocks at maximum volume like we would if we were all together.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Cooked a goose for the first time yesterday for just me and the gf. I have one every year with the family but this is the first year doing it myself and it was surprisingly straightforward to do.

It's so absolutely chocked full of fat that the skin pretty much deep fries itself and the meat stays moist even if you don't get the timings spot on. That salty, crispy skin is so good it melts in your mouth. And then using the same fat for the roasties is just god tier.

A++ would do again.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

OwlFancier posted:

You know the greatest refutation of capitalism's ability to innovate and produce useful products is that they don't make a sack of chocolate that's all strawberry and coffee creams.

:wrong: strawberry creams are garbage.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Miftan posted:

Are you going for a world record of bad chocolate opinions?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Send me your strawberry creams, they can nestle among my pile of chocolate oranges.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

We can only buy Chocolate Oranges and After Eight mints at Christmas in Australia, so we buy loads as a treat and gorge once a year on them.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

OwlFancier posted:

Are you going for a world record of bad chocolate opinions?

You're lucky you don't see the rest of my food opinions on the discord.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Miftan posted:

All creams are garbage. Nut based chocolates are superior but I assume they're more expensive which is why Crapitalism bulks out tins with creams.

Milkyways from Celebrations seem less sickly, I wonder if they've tweaked the recipe? They'd become horrible compared to how I remembered them from childhood.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

On Bailey's chat: My lass swears by the M&S Salted Caramel flavour Baileys drink they do, for about £8 a bottle.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Aphex- posted:

Cooked a goose for the first time yesterday for just me and the gf. I have one every year with the family but this is the first year doing it myself and it was surprisingly straightforward to do.

It's so absolutely chocked full of fat that the skin pretty much deep fries itself and the meat stays moist even if you don't get the timings spot on. That salty, crispy skin is so good it melts in your mouth. And then using the same fat for the roasties is just god tier.

A++ would do again.

Same, we followed Gordon Ramsey’s recipe https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/gordons-christmas-roast-goose and it was delicious. We asked for a 10lb goose as it’s pretty much the smallest they sold but what we ended up getting was 14lb and I had to hack the tail off just to get it fit in the oven. Got about a litre of goose fat which will make delicious roasties for the rest of the year

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Pablo Bluth posted:

Milkyways from Celebrations seem less sickly, I wonder if they've tweaked the recipe? They'd become horrible compared to how I remembered them from childhood.

When I was a kid Milkyways had the same middle as a Mars Bar , just without the caramel, and they were great. Then they swapped them to the grim white poo poo and ruined them. It'd be great if they've changed them back or otherwise improved them but I haven't tried one recently.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Oh I missed Baileys chat. drat

I made a mudslide cocktail the other day:

1oz vodka
1oz Baileys
1oz Kaluha
1.5oz double cream

Shaken in ice in a shaker then strained out. With some chocolate orange shavings on top.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
It's very This Thread to use the day of peace and goodwill to all as a jumping point for a lengthy argument about food

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Angepain posted:

It's very This Thread to use the day of peace and goodwill to all as a jumping point for a lengthy argument about food

Takes the phrase "the left will eat itself" to a new level

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This is just goons never, ever turning down an opportunity to derail for pages about food.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

I just read through everyone's Christmas day food and booze and farty sprout stupor posting and it was extremely wholesome and enjoyable. UKMT is good people

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Niric posted:

I just read through everyone's Christmas day food and booze and farty sprout stupor posting and it was extremely wholesome and enjoyable. UKMT is good people

:hmmyes:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Angepain posted:

Mia Culpa on the Baileys, but on the other hand............ i regret NOTHING!!! :lolplant:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
What does goose taste like?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jose posted:

duck or turkey

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

bump_fn posted:

duck or turkey

Much closer to duck than turkey. It has the same delicious fatty richness.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Jose posted:

Like an even meatier, fattier duck

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm not a huge fan of duck

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Best game bird I've eaten is Guinea fowl

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jose posted:

I'm not a huge fan of duck

i think duck is like pork belly in that there’s so much fat under the skin and you have to prepare it in a way to take advantage of it

if you just roast it like a chicken or turkey it’s a waste

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

CyberPingu posted:

Best game bird I've eaten is Guinea fowl

I’ve never forgiven guinea fowl after one smashed into my windscreen at dusk as I was driving at about 140kph.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

therattle posted:

I’ve never forgiven guinea fowl after one smashed into my windscreen at dusk as I was driving at about 140kph.

Where was that?

Only place I've seen them in the wild is in Kenya

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
north american turkeys are called that because they resemble guinea fowl which came from africa to europe though the turks

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

You ever received an email by mistake, that just by chance was exactly what you needed to see at that moment?

Pasha and Anastasiya posted:

Merry Christmas with love from our big family. We wish you good health and God protection during this days.

Thanks, Pasha and Anastasiya. Merry Christmas to you and your big family, too.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Sanford posted:

You ever received an email by mistake, that just by chance was exactly what you needed to see at that moment?

Pullout game 0/10

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Sanford posted:

Strong "ugh, my family are so embarrassing" energy from that lad on the right

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Sanford posted:

Three of the daughters look exacty like their mum but the blonde one is a spitting image of the dad. Rough.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

CyberPingu posted:

Where was that?

Only place I've seen them in the wild is in Kenya

South Africa. Gave me a hell of a fright.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/labourpress/status/1342731119116996608?s=19

Mechanical mandible
Aug 4, 2007

therattle posted:

South Africa. Gave me a hell of a fright.

There's a Guinea fowl that has roamed on the green and in the garden of my parents for the past 4-5 years; in the exotic locale of...Barnsley. No idea where it came from ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

bump_fn posted:

duck or turkey

I wondered why man invented turducken, and now I understand; it was to taste of the queen's forbidden meat.

E: wait, that's swan.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Noxville posted:

Same, we followed Gordon Ramsey’s recipe https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/gordons-christmas-roast-goose and it was delicious. We asked for a 10lb goose as it’s pretty much the smallest they sold but what we ended up getting was 14lb and I had to hack the tail off just to get it fit in the oven. Got about a litre of goose fat which will make delicious roasties for the rest of the year

It really is insane how much fat you get from it.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I wondered why man invented turducken, and now I understand; it was to taste of the queen's forbidden meat.

E: wait, that's swan.

I have eaten swan meat before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jacksbrat
Oct 15, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

I have eaten swan meat before.

Who are you, Her Maj Brenda or something?

Merry St Stephen's Day all, I also enjoyed reading the food conflicts because there were no low stakes arguments at home yesterday.