Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Corbeau posted:

Sadly, this is a fight that has been broadly lost years ago. Any information will either be in a video that takes ten times as long to watch as it would to read the same drat information, or it's a post in a random discord server somewhere that you will never find.

Hm? You can usually find a text guide for any fight. I usually look at one after I clear to fight to make sure I understood the mechanics. Just search for (fight) Text Guide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

melee healer

stab the pain away

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'm gonna say if you pop veteran or platebearer you don't even need a guide for castrum. every boss starts off by showing their mechanics by themselves before combining them as the fight goes on, and with an HP + defense essence active you can take a few hits without getting blasted (hell, you can do it without them, but now you can just take more).

about the only things that are helpful knowing before going in is listen to your party leader and don't click on the thing on the north side of the arena during the last boss.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

New Calculator job... bonus ability to instantly kill mathbot

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

given how a bunch of the previous class hints were extremely thin soup (merlwyb gunning down the sahaugin was meant to be a hint for a gun class that ended up being machinist, alisaie using an aether blade in one scene for red mage, etc) the stuff for time mage or chemist could very well be accurate.

it could also be not hints, but who can tell.

i'd like a garlean-style melee dps who can do some of the cool moves we've seen various boss type garleans do, but im guessing they'd probably consider that too close to either gunbreaker or machinist.

gunbreaker doesn't really have any gun, and machinist does weird anime jumps standing in place like star wars kid, so neither really fill the niche of 'cool magitek soldier' for me. gunbreaker is fun, but their powers dont seem to have anything to do with guns beyond the name and the cartridge meter.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
dual wield gun shield dps

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

juggalo baby coffin posted:

given how a bunch of the previous class hints were extremely thin soup (merlwyb gunning down the sahaugin was meant to be a hint for a gun class that ended up being machinist, alisaie using an aether blade in one scene for red mage, etc) the stuff for time mage or chemist could very well be accurate.

it could also be not hints, but who can tell.

i'd like a garlean-style melee dps who can do some of the cool moves we've seen various boss type garleans do, but im guessing they'd probably consider that too close to either gunbreaker or machinist.

gunbreaker doesn't really have any gun, and machinist does weird anime jumps standing in place like star wars kid, so neither really fill the niche of 'cool magitek soldier' for me. gunbreaker is fun, but their powers dont seem to have anything to do with guns beyond the name and the cartridge meter.

I'm betting that gunbreakers will finally get that X-shaped projectile attack that every Garlean gunblade user has. Dark knight already has a line AOE, it could be like that. Making a whole nother class that's just "gunbreaker but DPS and with cultural appropriation" would be weird.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't think Alisaie was a hint for Red Mage.

Begemot posted:

I'm betting that gunbreakers will finally get that X-shaped projectile attack that every Garlean gunblade user has. Dark knight already has a line AOE, it could be like that. Making a whole nother class that's just "gunbreaker but DPS and with cultural appropriation" would be weird.

Gunbreaker gunblades are not Garlean Gunblades.

Also Samurai already have that.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Red Chocobo's one of the worst just parsing what's going on. If you miss one meteor don't worry, more will be along shortly.

If you're lazy Reflect works on basically all of its attacks.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Begemot posted:

I mean that's more evidence than my theory of chemist being added based on a one-off line from a kid in the 5.3 MSQs :v:

That would hold more merit if you didn't forget that she also spends a while describing the hero that inpsired her so it's a bit more than a "one-off line".

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Give us one healer job so it rounds them off and then only release cool limited jobs from that point onward.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the new jobs will be caster dps (geomancer or time mage) and healer (chemist). thank you and g*d bless.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Just steal Geomancer and Rune Fencer from FFXI. (Or Corsair but unfortunately support jobs aren't real in this game :argh:)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The funny thing is depending on if February's going to be all three Fan Fests at once or just the first one we might not even find out what jobs there are unless they give it away in the opening trailer

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Comedy option: Puppetmaster

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Chillgamesh posted:

this but serious option

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

I don't think Alisaie was a hint for Red Mage.

Gunbreaker gunblades are not Garlean Gunblades.

Also Samurai already have that.

she busts out the aether blade right at the end of heavensward. then the next expansion she's a full blown red mage.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

gunbreaker doesn't really have any gun

Why would it have a gun? It breaks guns. It's a gunbreaker.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Another pet class would be cool, but I wish they'd give summoner another egi, or even just another egi glamour for ifrit or garuda.

In the first HW quest you try to get a Ramuh egi but it doesn't work for some reason, and then it never comes up again. Even different colors of carbuncle would be nice!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Puppetmaster feels 100% like a limited job thing. I think they even said as much mentioning it alongside Beastmaster.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Chillgamesh posted:

This reminds me of the bit where you used a Mammet Heart to repair a reaper and it's just sort of glossed over that it gives machines sentience like it's no big deal.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

gunbreaker doesn't really have any gun

Gunblades aren't blades with guns. Guns are gunblades without blades.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Will the Puppet Master use minons...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

she busts out the aether blade right at the end of heavensward. then the next expansion she's a full blown red mage.

They even make a point of her replacing the aether blade with a more traditional Red Mage weapon because it was too draining.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i just got out of 5.0 and started the next stuff, and the moment where alisaie flicks g'raha tia on the forehead was a nice fun moment after a very dramatic expansion

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Will the Puppet Master use minons...

Lords of Verminion is already in the game though.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

Kazy posted:

Corsair

As a COR main in 11, drat you for toying with my emotions like this! :arghfist::mad:

...Wait, this totally why I gravitated to limsa, isn't it.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I decided to revive my character who was left in the post ARR slog in the days before Stormblood was released by buying the complete edition on Steam. I'm excited to relearn everything I've forgotten and experience all the cool stuff I've missed.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

LawfulWaffle posted:

I decided to revive my character who was left in the post ARR slog in the days before Stormblood was released by buying the complete edition on Steam. I'm excited to relearn everything I've forgotten and experience all the cool stuff I've missed.

...was your old character on Steam? Those accounts are split from the Mogstation ones.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Bruceski posted:

...was your old character on Steam? Those accounts are split from the Mogstation ones.

No, PS4. Maybe I just screwed myself

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

No, PS4. Maybe I just screwed myself

Hopefully you're still within the refund window! But yeah, you need to either buy the PS4 license if you want to continue playing on that or the non-Steam PC version. The steam version is a completely separate thing that requires its own account.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is that true? I thought with Steam versions you had to go through Mogstation to set up your account anyway, the only binding thing is that you would need to purchase any future expansions on Steam as well

You can definitely add a PC license to an account that was started on PS4

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

as far as I know you can continue an account from PS4 on steam as long as you link it on mogstation, the issue with steam is that if you buy the steam version you're perpetually locked out of the non-steam PC version because lol, pc is only one platform only gonna program one slot for pc players

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

You still have to set up a Mogstation account like you do for everything else iirc, it's just that you won't be able to also use that account for any non-Steam versions of the game. PC, Mac, and PS4 can all use the same one as long as you've bought the license for it.

edit: yeah, actually you might be able to link the PS4 and steam versions, as long as you don't also have the regular PC version registered too.

wizardofloneliness fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 27, 2020

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Yeah, when I bought the pack on Steam it gave me some codes that I plugged into my old MogStation account. I didn't have a PC that could run it until recently so I never bothered with any PC clients.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

Yeah, when I bought the pack on Steam it gave me some codes that I plugged into my old MogStation account. I didn't have a PC that could run it until recently so I never bothered with any PC clients.

AFAIK that should mean you're good?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i started a free trial outside of steam and then bought the steam version and it let me put the cd keys into my mogstation account

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

For the record I was able to log in with my old account and character. I hope I don't regret getting the Steam version for some reason.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If you really hate having Steam running, you can always use an illicit third party launcher. Otherwise I've never really had any issues with my Steam license.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Just hit the level 70 summoner quest. Looks like they've said "Hey, FFX had a pretty good plot, let's use that."

I mean, it IS a good plot.