Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I smoked a meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

It ain't much, but here's a Christmas dinner for one. The King's Hawaiian Roll is the only thing not from scratch. That's a stuffed portobello mushroom on the right.

Also, holy poo poo. I've only gotten serious about cooking the last year or so an it's a fair bit of work. I can totally see how "homemaker" would be a full time job. That one little plate took all afternoon.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

McCracAttack posted:

It ain't much, but here's a Christmas dinner for one. The King's Hawaiian Roll is the only thing not from scratch. That's a stuffed portobello mushroom on the right.

Also, holy poo poo. I've only gotten serious about cooking the last year or so an it's a fair bit of work. I can totally see how "homemaker" would be a full time job. That one little plate took all afternoon.

What’s the mushroom stuffed with? I love using portobellos for veggie based dishes.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

What’s the mushroom stuffed with? I love using portobellos for veggie based dishes.

Mostly spinach, mozzarella, and cottage cheese topped with marinara sauce. Here's the recipe: Spinach Stuffed Portobellos

The only tricky bit is the mushrooms will weep some moisture as they cook and the spinach will put off a TON of moisture if you don't thaw it and wring it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW6NUU2GFJ0

That lady talks a bit of mess about using a dish towel to wring it out but it works great for me. I also happen to have green dish towels so win-win. I should try it with fresh spinach one day.

Edit: Sorry if this is basic stuff for y'all. It's new to me.

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 26, 2020

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

McCracAttack posted:

drat that plate do be looking stacked tho.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

LifeSunDeath posted:

drat that plate do be looking stacked tho.

Y'all are sweet. Thank you for the encouragement.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Boxing Day leftovers

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

oooooo

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Honeybaked ham, bacon Mac’n Cheese, green beans with herb butter.

Pecan pie.

Washed it all down with a peppermint White Russian.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Boxing Day dinner, need something a bit different

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

McCracAttack posted:

Seriously, great work.

Properly overstuffed deviled eggs, asparagus has has some good color on it but doesn’t look overcooked and shriveled, mushroom gravy looks like spot on texture, and those potatoes look like my absolute favorite, super creamy but still lumpy.

I would absolutely clean that plate.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
christmas eve: tagliatelle puttanesca, seared scallops and roasted brocoletti

christmas day: fried chicken, macaroni & cheese, mashed potatoes & gravy, braised green beans, buttermilk biscuits

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Veritek83 posted:

christmas day: fried chicken, macaroni & cheese, mashed potatoes & gravy, braised green beans, buttermilk biscuits

oh yeah, that's my poo poo right there

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Veritek83 posted:

christmas eve: tagliatelle puttanesca, seared scallops and roasted brocoletti

At first I thought, what weird poo poo are they drinking out of that ceramic mug?

Look amazing.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Drink and Fight posted:

At first I thought, what weird poo poo are they drinking out of that ceramic mug?

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a sip or two of gravy straight

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Doom Rooster posted:

Seriously, great work.

Properly overstuffed deviled eggs, asparagus has has some good color on it but doesn’t look overcooked and shriveled, mushroom gravy looks like spot on texture, and those potatoes look like my absolute favorite, super creamy but still lumpy.

I would absolutely clean that plate.

I've said it before but y'all are very nice and I feel very encouraged by your feedback. Thank you. Hard to get opinions on your cooking these days for obvious reasons.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Veritek83 posted:

I'd like to know more about your bread and baked macaroni specifically, if you'd like to share.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

McCracAttack posted:

I'd like to know more about your bread and baked macaroni specifically, if you'd like to share.

Food Lab on both counts

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/08/the-food-lab-buttermilk-biscuits-recipe.html
cut into rectangles per advice from Binging with Babish, plus a bit more buttermilk than sour cream as I had less sour cream than I though

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/11/sodium-citrate-baked-mac-and-cheese.html
used some various scraps (pepper jack, some random cheddars) to supplement the cheddars in the sauce and a smoked gouda w/ chili pepper in place of the gruyere. also didn't toast the panko as I was short stove space, so I just dotted with butter and grated some pecorino over the top

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Beef bulgogi, bak choy, and kimchi tonight. Kimchi was store bought :)

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
made a gochujang chicken and potatoes

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

kumba posted:

made a gochujang chicken and potatoes

gochujang chicken is basically cheating with how easy vs how tasty it is. think i'll do a batch of legs next week.

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009
made lasagna... lots of béchamel, pecorino, parmesan, and some fresh mozz on top.

unfortunately I only have a picture of the final lasagna after reheating the next day :classiclol:

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Beef bulgogi, bak choy, and kimchi tonight. Kimchi was store bought :)

Share the bulgogi recipe? Looks great.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Chemmy posted:

Share the bulgogi recipe? Looks great.

Santa left a Korean bbq spice packet in my stocking so I can’t confirm what was in that.

But whatever was in it I mixed it with brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, soy sauce, sesame oil, half a finely sliced leek, sliced scallions, julienned carrot, sliced roasted red pepper, and half of peeled and grated Fuji apple. I mixed that together for the marinade.

To the marinade I added a 1.5 pound sliced London broil. I covered everything and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours.

For the cooking I just put a little vegetable oil in my non-stick pan and added everything in batches. The brown sugar made everything brown real fast, so medium heat worked best.

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
I've gone full trendy foods for new years eve - Birria queso tacos. Please don't forget to like and subscribe and hit the bell icon.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

horchata posted:

I've gone full trendy foods for new years eve - Birria queso tacos. Please don't forget to like and subscribe and hit the bell icon.

Gorgeous!

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Happy New Year y’all. Assembled myself a charcuterie board with what I could get via Instacart.

mystes
May 31, 2006

CaptainCrunch posted:

Happy New Year y’all. Assembled myself a charcuterie board with what I could get via Instacart.

What's all the stuff in it specifically, for my vicarious enjoyment?

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

CaptainCrunch posted:

Well now I've got a hankering for Humboldt Fog. Dammit, I can't afford nice cheese.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

mystes posted:

What's all the stuff in it specifically, for my vicarious enjoyment?

I had to dig the label out of the garbage, and I don’t recall what order they were originally but the cheeses are: fromager d’affinois, humboldt fog, Garcia baquero manchego, sartori balsalmic bellavitano, emmi swiss gruyere with a mitica fig cake. The yellow cheese is Ralph’s cheddar that I smoked with hickory but ended up tasting a bit burnt. Meats are: (from lower left clockwise) Genoa salami, prosciutto, and sopressata. Lil honey and fig jam in the jars.

It was quite good even if the cheeses were a tad bit dry at the edges. I planned on making a punch to go with it but I forgot to order fruit and juices so... rum it is!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

CaptainCrunch posted:

beautiful

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

CaptainCrunch posted:

Happy new year! That's a nice spread. What's the knife made from?

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

McCracAttack posted:

Happy new year! That's a nice spread. What's the knife made from?

Steel I believe. Not sure. I got it at Cost Plus about 5 years ago. It’s mass manufactured not something custom I made.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I did temaki sushi for NYE.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

All glory to the Costco meat dept. The steak came out a smidge past medium rare so it's time for me to commit ritual suicide. Take care y'all.

User Error fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 1, 2021

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

User Error posted:

All glory to the Costco meat dept. The steak came out a smidge past medium rare so it's time for me to commit ritual suicide. Take care y'all.

making GBS threads christ that looks perfect.

Squinty
Aug 12, 2007

Miso ramen w/ chili garlic oil. The noodles got buried in the picture but holy poo poo fresh homemade noodles are amazing.

Nhilist
Jul 29, 2004
I like it quiet in here
Butter and herbs de provence smear on the prime rib

500 for twenty minutes then let them set and of course potatoes old school...never can remember, if you wrap them in foil are they steamed or do you still get to call them baked?

Lettuce wedge with blue cheese dressing, horrible plating free, no charge

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Crossposting from the Chinese cooking thread: Cumin lamb stir fry with dry fried sichuan green beans. Kind of wish I had direct sunlight when I was taking this picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
Used the leftovers from my trendy food from yesterday to make more trendy food. Birria ramen with Sun ramen noodles. Egg was old and over-marinated but otherwise pretty good.