Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dream isn't even that good. He got carried to a good match by Aleister Black like two years ago and he's been coasting on it ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dream had a good gimmick in that he was just doing a prince impression. But that's about it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

Dream isn't even that good. He got carried to a good match by Aleister Black like two years ago and he's been coasting on it ever since.

I was saying this way before the sex creep stuff came out, dude isn't even that good, he's green as gently caress and way behind where he should be given the calibre of worker they had him paired with. Of course after the poo poo became public, it shouldn't matter if he was the lovechile of Akira Hokuto and Kazuchika Okada in terms of in-ring, he should be gone.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

I was saying this way before the sex creep stuff came out, dude isn't even that good, he's green as gently caress and way behind where he should be given the calibre of worker they had him paired with. Of course after the poo poo became public, it shouldn't matter if he was the lovechile of Akira Hokuto and Kazuchika Okada in terms of in-ring, he should be gone.

Absolutely, once those texts show up, he should've been Thanos-snapped out of existence. But the fact that they're going this far to protect this guy when he's not even any good just makes it absolutely befuddling. Usually when they protect a guy from the consequences of his actions, there's at least some cynical, evil reasoning behind it. Enzo was more of a business mover than Dream and they dumped him immediately.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Aleister Black must be a wizard because even Chris Hero couldn’t get a good match out of Dream, and Hero’s someone you’d trust to get a good match out of anyone

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

Aleister Black must be a wizard because even Chris Hero couldn’t get a good match out of Dream, and Hero’s someone you’d trust to get a good match out of anyone

It was a very good angle. Just like the Ricochet one was. But very little of that is down to Patrick Clark.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

It’s remarkable how they absolutely squandered the aura they had built around Aleister.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

MJeff posted:

Absolutely, once those texts show up, he should've been Thanos-snapped out of existence. But the fact that they're going this far to protect this guy when he's not even any good just makes it absolutely befuddling. Usually when they protect a guy from the consequences of his actions, there's at least some cynical, evil reasoning behind it. Enzo was more of a business mover than Dream and they dumped him immediately.

i remember dave talking about how dream was tapped to be future roman reigns level of star when he was fresh on nxt

i remember dave himself saying dream would be the biggest star in wrestling if wwe doesn't gently caress him up

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

dave was as high on dream as he was on adam page post that g-1

you know the 1

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He had more potential than skill but was absolutely a dream prospect. And then it all got hosed up because he's with WWE and the PC and they don't know what to do with potential. So I guess they're protecting him out of sunk cost fallacy on all the time and energy they spent teaching the pedophile to be bad at wrestling.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

It’s remarkable how they absolutely squandered the aura they had built around Aleister.

but he smol so how can he b star?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Smoking Crow posted:

dave was as high on dream as he was on adam page post that g-1

you know the 1

The one where he valiantly and handsomely pinned Minoru Suzuki.

Make Adam Page head of Suzuki-gun.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Dream was actually pretty good and was really good at connecting with the audience and making dumb old-school poo poo work, and it is far more a testament to the WWE and its mismanagement of talent that it got lost even before his being a child abuser came out.

But he's also a child abuser, so gently caress him.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I guess they're just like 'THE PERFORMANCE CENTER HAS SUCCESS STORIES! SEE! SEE!'
Guess they just don't want to admit their entire approach to professional wrestling is wrong.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dream was definitely the "No, see, the system can work" poster boy so I can understand why they don't want to cool on him in that regard.

But also because they don't care that he's an abusive piece of poo poo and they hardly want to set some kind of standard where they might be expected to care next time.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Dream was definitely the "No, see, the system can work" poster boy so I can understand why they don't want to cool on him in that regard.

But also because they don't care that he's an abusive piece of poo poo and they hardly want to set some kind of standard where they might be expected to care next time.

It’s because they know that fans don’t care and will keep watching anyway. And no big outlet is going to ever cover it. Fans allow them to get away with it unfortunately. WWE absolutely knows their audience.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Rarity posted:

I mean, if you're not a terminally online wrestling fan you might have missed on the story that Dream is a pedo in which case his career flaming out for no apparent reason would be quite sad
Raj owns and operates the largest independently owned pro wrestling news website.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I feel like given the pure volume of allegations against members of NXT UK this post belongs in here even though it's not a fan opinion. This is just an unbelievably dumb thing to post and every time I think WWE cannot shock me anymore, they find a way to make it happen.

https://twitter.com/NXTUK/status/1342221423633457155?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

davidbix posted:

Raj owns and operates the largest independently owned pro wrestling news website.

oh, lol

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/realsefafatu/status/1341850419710971905?s=21

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
if you're wondering what the gently caress he's going on about

https://twitter.com/MrGee79/status/1342256034317017094

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That person's gonna cramp up with how fast they move the goalposts

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
All those people getting totally buried by regularly having programs with, involving, or against the reigning champions in the company regularly (Except Red Velvet who's still tightening up on Dark)

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

RealFoxy posted:

All those people getting totally buried by regularly having programs with, involving, or against the reigning champions in the company regularly (Except Red Velvet who's still tightening up on Dark)

And even then she’s allied with Brandi Rhodes and will probably be her proxy in the Jade Cargill/Shaq program.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/What_A_Match/status/1343008974698733568

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Caution: This account is temporarily restricted

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

That twitter can gently caress off.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

For some reason that piece of poo poo gets to keep breathing while good people don't. Really cool loving world.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It's a good thing I'm already temporarily banned on Twitter or I'd be getting myself permanently banned replying to that waste of flesh.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I dont even get what this idiot is trying to do with this tweet

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

hes trying to make people mad and succeeding

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I'm gonna say that maybe we shouldn't post Brodie-related tweets because the purpose of this thread is partially to have fun laughing at idiots and there's no fun in posting those.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

His account has already been suspended so he got what he had coming anyway.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Good

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I'm gonna say that maybe we shouldn't post Brodie-related tweets because the purpose of this thread is partially to have fun laughing at idiots and there's no fun in posting those.

Agreed on this. Let's keep it to stupid opinions rather than gruesome ones.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/StupidSxyCorbin/status/1343589404628156419

We can't even get through the death of a universally beloved wrestler without broken-rear end brains getting mad at AEW and trying to cancel them for no reason

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/StupidSxyCorbin/status/1343589404628156419

We can't even get through the death of a universally beloved wrestler without broken-rear end brains getting mad at AEW and trying to cancel them for no reason

I don't understand anything happening in this tweet.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Vince MechMahon posted:

I don't understand anything happening in this tweet.

It's just Snowden having another meltdown after he boosted that lovely "just asking questions" article about AEW covering up Brodie's cause of death

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Doubling down is a great look Bruce, keep it up

https://twitter.com/mitchellpwtorch/status/1343728661527146502

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

"I stand by my decision to bypass the editorial process" what an absolute scumbag.